Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? (8162 Views)

Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. / Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? / Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by badoooo(m): 8:02am On Aug 11, 2013
Please Nairalanders can anyone verify this topic?
Is it TRUE or FALSE?
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by fijiano202(m): 8:15am On Aug 11, 2013
Yea u are right,its the first site u open to test ur internet connection

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by adewasco2k(m): 11:20am On Aug 11, 2013
yes and yes not only Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 11, 2013
I've experience Nigerian type in and search "facebook login" on Google before logging into their account.

This screenshot shows the number of hits the above search term gets on Google servers so you can have an idea of the level of ignorance when it comes to the internet.

@Topic. Yes sometimes, Google probably has the highest level of integrity when it comes to the internet.
'GOOGLE KNOWS EVERYTHING, INCLUDING INTERNET SPEED" LMAO! grin

Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by badoooo(m): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2013
Brand_new: I've experience Nigerian type in and search "facebook login" on Google before logging into their account.

This screenshot shows the number of hits the above search term gets on Google servers so you can have an idea of the level of ignorance when it comes to the internet.

@Topic. Yes sometimes, Google probably has the highest level of integrity when it comes to the internet.
'GOOGLE KNOWS EVERYTHING, INCLUDING INTERNET SPEED" LMAO! grin

LOLS funny buh dis should be on d fp
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by iTechgroup: 11:59am On Aug 11, 2013
true talk
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
badoooo:

LOLS funny buh dis should be on d fp
It will surely be there. grin
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
It's not true. Up to 98% doesn't know that Google is the fastest website. I think it opens in less than 5 seconds. The only people that know this is probably web developers.

Here is what is true. Most people in Nigeria and indeed in the world type in a confusing word everyday in google to make sure the spelling is correct.

As for me, I use Nairaland to gauge internet speed. Any time NL is delaying to load and open, I will know that something is wrong. The speed of NL is actually very impressive. And when I resolve my internet connection, NL will always be the first among all the websites on my browser tabs to open, even when I refresh it last.

20 Likes

Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by badoooo(m): 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
yea google is one of the fastest website if am nat mistaken myne opens 0.23 seconds(latest)

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
GraphicsPlus: It's not true. Up to 98% doesn't know that Google is the fastest website. I think it opens in less than 5 seconds. The only people that know this is probably web developers.

Here is what is true. Most people in Nigeria and indeed in the world type in a confusing word everyday in google to make sure the spelling is correct.

As for me, I use Nairaland to gauge internet speed. Any time NL is delaying to load and open, I will know that something is wrong. The speed of NL is actually very impressive. And when I resolve my internet connection, NL will always be the first among all the websites on my browser tabs to open, even when I refresh it last.
I thought i was the only one who knew this. wink

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
Nairaland is quite fast=====>you can't say no to this angry
To all those that complain about their MB====> nairaland uses lesser you know what wink
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Fazhy: 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
Both.
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Youngzedd(m): 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
Brand_new:
I thought i was the only one who knew this. wink

I also do that.

#TeamSpeedTesters.
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by sylve11: 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
Hahaha. grin cool
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by mkmyers45(m): 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
I tend to do this at times....
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Phonon: 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
This made front page?
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
Google nai sure pass na... I'm guilty of that. By the way, Mtn do block our 7.5gig. Their blockus!
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Ocutegan(m): 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
Yes..google,nairaland and facebook for me
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by 4peace(m): 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
what of www.37.com
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Phonon: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2013
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2013
Just passing
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by dridowu: 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
This post make it my 3000 posts on Nairaland................................i don try
anyway still aiming for more.
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by badbros(m): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
loooooooooool.
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by ichommy(m): 3:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
True
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by IAMBREEZY: 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2013
YES THE FACT
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by gentlefada(m): 3:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
i think thats true for pc user but in the case of mobile fones i think google would split with facebook which also opens very fast on mobile fones.
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Melancholy(m): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2013
spongeback: Nairaland is quite fast=====>you can't say no to this angry
To all those that complain about their MB====> nairaland uses lesser you know what wink
yea,mostly 12 kb when u log in and the threads that carries images are not more than 40kb
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2013
Testin Connection
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
i want 2 no wat a ban feels like
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:05pm On Aug 12, 2013
This is the most stupid thread on the frontpage.

And the moderator moving this to front page is the most stupid person on earth

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2013
Phonon: www.speedtest.net
mehn this site na bomb.. Even with slow connection..he dey open like winch..
Re: Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? by ITbomb(m): 4:10pm On Aug 12, 2013
google then nairaland

(1) (2) (Reply)

Php Mail() To Yahoo Inbox Help Needed / Adsense Link Ads Are The Best / 5 Things To Do To Make Your Website More Visible To Your Target Audience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.