Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? (627 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You / Nairaland Religion First 11 - Just For Laughs!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? by bolaino(m): 8:12am On Aug 11, 2013
I know lots of my colleagues here have created topics on the recent going ons here on nairaland, but honestly I still don't understand what the problem really is, the little I have deduced so far is that manmustwac a freethinking mod, was suspended by seun osewa, for a minor offense, the the mod whose name should not be mentioned is now the only mod on the religion section, my folks pls, what's really the issue here, why did seun relieve manmustwac from his duties, is there a conspiracy here? is our beloved seun being threatened? Pls I believe we all need answers.
Re: What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? by texaco1: 8:27am On Aug 11, 2013
I don't think anybody has the time to be answering ur questions
Re: What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? by bolaino(m): 8:36am On Aug 11, 2013
texaco1: I don't think anybody has the time to be answering ur questions
but it seems u have the time to be answering my questions.
Re: What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? by mployer(m): 8:43am On Aug 11, 2013
Op you answered your question when you said the guy is a free thinker. You can't be a CEO in a company you have no stake in. That Nigga has no religion in him, yet he was moderating the religion section. Good Seun realised he was using the wrong person cheesy
Re: What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? by texaco1: 8:47am On Aug 11, 2013
That religion section is the most difficult to moderate ,I just went there now and I must confess that section is full of rebels pulling the mods here and there only a babalawo can moderate that section without having enemies
Re: What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? by UyiIredia(m): 8:51am On Aug 11, 2013
The funny thing is I'm a Religion board regular but wasn't fully aware of all the politics involved. You are correct so far.I'll expatiate a bit. People on this side of Relgion board don't like tunji because he is unfair in moderating. He bans critiques or satires of Islam thread (especially those that make FP) whilst the muslims attimes take advantage of the less strict mod on this art. A certain topic was made on the Islam child board and tunji locked it (turned out to be temporary), Deep Sight complained and seething sentiments grew. On the 'Change Religion For A Month' thread threats (one which was clear made by Ayatullah) were made. Now the issue Deep Sight emphasized led to mmw's dismissal. He made some comments in the Moderator's board which supposedly led to his dismissal. Now a part of the whole brouhaha_maybe even the cause_is now the mod of this section albeit temporary. I hope this helps. Click the thread on my signature for details of the mess.
Re: What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? by bolaino(m): 9:05am On Aug 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia: The funny thing is I'm a Religion board regular but wasn't fully aware of all the politics involved. You are correct so far.I'll expatiate a bit. People on this side of Relgion board don't like tunji because he is unfair in moderating. He bans critiques or satires of Islam thread (especially those that make FP) whilst the muslims attimes take advantage of the less strict mod on this art. A certain topic was made on the Islam child board and tunji locked it (turned out to be temporary), Deep Sight complained and seething sentiments grew. On the 'Change Religion For A Month' thread threats (one which was clear made by Ayatullah) were made. Now the issue Deep Sight emphasized led to mmw's dismissal. He made some comments in the Moderator's board which supposedly led to his dismissal. Now a part of the whole brouhaha_maybe even the cause_is now the mod of this section albeit temporary. I hope this helps. Click the thread on my signature for details of the mess.
but my good sire, after everything is said and done, you'll agree wit me that maclatunji is a very intolerant person, and he's not fit to be the Mod here,
Re: What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? by bolaino(m): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2013
texaco1: That religion section is the most difficult to moderate ,I just went there now and I must confess that section is full of rebels pulling the mods here and there only a babalawo can moderate that section without having enemies
I agree wit u that the section is difficult to moderate, but manmustwac has been doing a good job of it before he was removed.
Re: What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? by bolaino(m): 9:14am On Aug 11, 2013
m-ployer:
Op you answered your question when you said the guy is a free thinker. You can't be a CEO in a company you have no stake in. That Nigga has no religion in him, yet he was moderating the religion section. Good Seun realised he was using the wrong person cheesy
lol, but don't u think that made him exceptional? Cos he was able to make unbiased decisions.
Re: What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? by UyiIredia(m): 9:27am On Aug 11, 2013
@ bolaino: I am not sure that he is intolerant. I haven't seen it up close. But his comment on being permanently made this board's mod hints at that and folly.

(1) (Reply)

Are Muslims Beginning To Imitate Xtians? With Holy Water In Lagos / 10 Secrets Of Living A Long Life / Why Do Nigerian "Prophets" Ask Their Members To Bring Weird Things For Prayers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.