Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. (4440 Views)

Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan / Super Eagles Held Up In Stadium And Nigerian Shops Are Being Looted - Brila Fm / (mighty) George Essien Quits Brila FM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. by Zikdik(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
Two years ago,a bunch of talented 'sports-casters' hit the airwaves of Lagos and its environs with an articulate form of commentary that has this mouth-watering local flavour.Femi and the Gang started running commentary on the major leagues in the world(football being the focal point here) in 2011 and since then,most of us lost interest in the viewing centres and even t.v.Why pay exorbitant fees to watch football in a very noisy enviroment when you could as well watch it mentally by keeping your earphones phones plugged in and enjoy artistic commentary in the comfort of your bedroom,car,toilet...wherever?
Before then,the predominant sports station on radio was Brila f.m.Though,their commentary prowess was next to zero,they had and still have presenters who can really talk sports.But the spot-on action and excitement was lacking.
After the advent Femi and the Gang on Nigeria Info,Brila f.m started to lose followership.Dangerous situations require drastic measures.Brila quickly acquired the commentary rights and left Femi's crew high and dry.But something is amiss,the Brila crew still doesn't run commentary themselves.They just stream it live from the right issuers,talksportslive,a sports franchise based in the UK.
However,Femi and the Gang still run live commentary,much to ire of the rights holders,Brila f.m.According to rumours,Femi and the gang offered to buy rights just for buying sake and still do the commentary the Nigerian way.Brila however offered to buy the rights and just stream the commentary from talksportslive.In the end,Brila got the rights
Personally,I am Femi and the Gang on this one.Why not allow Nigerians like us run commentary the way we love it?Why should a bunch of white-heads with a funny accent do our commentary?Before I start to dey yarn vex yarn,abeg make una help me put mouth.
Feel free to bare your mind on this issue.
Re: On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. by flexeey: 11:23am On Aug 12, 2013
i have always enjoy femi and the gang on nigeria info. more grease to their elbows
Re: On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. by Zikdik(m): 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
flexeey: i have always enjoy femi and the gang on nigeria info. more grease to their elbows
Zame hr...make una put mouth now...
Re: On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. by royale442(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
Zikdik: ...Femi and the gang offered to buy rights just for buying sake...
Re: On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. by Zikdik(m): 8:55am On Aug 16, 2013
royale442:
Yes,you know,just to own the rights but still run commentary themselves.
Re: On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. by akintun: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
Zikdik: Two years ago,a bunch of talented 'sports-casters' hit the airwaves of Lagos and its environs with an articulate form of commentary that has this mouth-watering local flavour.Femi and the Gang started running commentary on the major leagues in the world(football being the focal point here) in 2011 and since then,most of us lost interest in the viewing centres and even t.v.Why pay exorbitant fees to watch football in a very noisy enviroment when you could as well watch it mentally by keeping your earphones phones plugged in and enjoy artistic commentary in the comfort of your bedroom,car,toilet...wherever?
Before then,the predominant sports station on radio was Brila f.m.Though,their commentary prowess was next to zero,they had and still have presenters who can really talk sports.But the spot-on action and excitement was lacking.
After the advent Femi and the Gang on Nigeria Info,Brila f.m started to lose followership.Dangerous situations require drastic measures.Brila quickly acquired the commentary rights and left Femi's crew high and dry.But something is amiss,the Brila crew still doesn't run commentary themselves.They just stream it live from the right issuers,talksportslive,a sports franchise based in the UK.
However,Femi and the Gang still run live commentary,much to ire of the rights holders,Brila f.m.According to rumours,Femi and the gang offered to buy rights just for buying sake and still do the commentary the Nigerian way.Brila however offered to buy the rights and just stream the commentary from talksportslive.In the end,Brila got the rights
Personally,I am Femi and the Gang on this one.Why not allow Nigerians like us run commentary the way we love it?Why should a bunch of white-heads with a funny accent do our commentary?Before I start to dey yarn vex yarn,abeg make una help me put mouth.
Feel free to bare your mind on this issue.

Wat do u mean by a bunch of white-heads. I don't think Femi and the gang actually run commentary.
Re: On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. by drmikeadams(m): 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
brilla fm na bunch of noise makers...eager eager na em dey go dey shout up and down...mtccwwwh i swear...femi and the gang una 2 mush jor...the definition of commenetary..
Re: On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. by Zikdik(m): 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
akintun:

Wat do u mean by a bunch of white-heads. I don't think Femi and the gang actually run commentary.
Really?
Re: On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. by royale442(m): 5:38am On Aug 18, 2013
Zikdik: Why should a bunch of white-heads with a funny accent do our commentary?
so why do you watch and follow their league? Its all about choice! Its just like telling me to watch a match on AIT instead of SS3N when i know the video coverage and commentary on AIT is sh*t. If the femi and gang are good enough, i don't think they'll lose listeners to brila. BTW, i think femi and gang should start commentary on our local league (NPFL), maybe it would help a bit.

1 Like

Re: On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. by tonnieblaise(m): 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
are u for real?? Femi nd d gang dont run commentary anymore,twas wen dey just started dey were runnin commentary,all dey do now is to talk abt some actions in d on goin matches,sometimes dey'll just shout goal nd wont say who or whc club scored for some mins nd u'l be wonderin wu actually scored.....
botom line,dey dont run commentary
Re: On The Femi And The Gang/brila F.m Commentary Rights Saga. by Zikdik(m): 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
Y'all have raised good points.Maybe I'm just being sentimental,but even without them running commentary or not,I would still listen to Femi and the Gang anyday,anytime.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

,,, / "Messi Vs Ronaldo" Football Career "Statistics" (Photos) / 10 Types Of People You Will Meet At Every Football Bet Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.