Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment (1905 Views)

HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port / Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 / Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
By News Express on 03/08/2013

Share on facebook
inShare
Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 175

The Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio, has restated his commitment to the actualisation of the Ibaka Deep Seaport project and expressed the hope that a substantial part of the project would be completed before he leaves office.

Chief Akpabio dropped the hint when the Managing Director of China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC), Mr Shi Hong Bing led the management team of the firm to present an architectural design of the project to the Governor in Abuja.

The governor said he was elated about the Chinese firm’s interest in the maritime industry in Nigeria because, according to him, the Ibaka Deep Seaport represented the future of the maritime industry in Nigeria.

According to Chief Akpabio, “I see a future for Ibaka in the Gulf of Guinea. It will help to decongest existing ports in Nigeria and also make Nigeria attractive destination for shippers. It will become a major trans-shipment destination because of the depth of the water.

“It will also be of advantage to countries bordering Nigeria along the coastline. Akwa Ibom State has the largest and longest coastline in the country and we are glad that your company is interested in making use of these numerous advantages.”

The governor acknowledged the reception the Chinese government and CCECC gave to President Goodluck Jonathan during his recent visit to China and said he was delighted by the cooperation between the two countries.

Speaking, Mr. Bing thanked Chief Akpabio for the patronage and confidence he reposed in the company and promised continued commitment to standards in all its projects in the state.

He disclosed that the Speaker of the Chinese parliament would visit Nigeria from September 18 to 20 and said he looked forward to using the visit as a platform for signing a memorandum of understanding on the project to facilitate the sourcing of finance from financial institutions.

“The first phase of the project is estimated to cost about $3 billion so we need more investors to partner CCECC and Akwa Ibom State government to make the project a reality,” Bing. said.

•Photo: Akpabio (left) receiving the architectural design of the Ibaka Deep Seaport Project from Bing.

Re: Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
Wen exactly is it intended for the construction of the Ibaka seaport to commence, maybe when GEJ tenure is up.
So much for the slogan, "our ibaka seaport on nairaland."
Re: Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment by Longeria(m): 7:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
Akpabio is a man of his word, I believe him.
Re: Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment by macjive01: 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
more power to your elbow.

now, our major importers should contribute and partner in this development.

biggest importer in the country , Mazi Bishop of anambra should actively be involved in this, he can single-handedly make this port viable.
Re: Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment by asha80(m): 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
macjive01: more power to your elbow.

now, our major importers should contribute and partner in this development.

biggest importer in the country , Mazi Bishop of anambra should actively be involved in this, he can single-handedly make this port viable.
who is mazi bishop?
Re: Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment by donigspain(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2013
ok
Re: Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment by IGBOSON1: 11:27am On Aug 12, 2013
asha 80: who is mazi bishop?

^^^Yes Macjive01, who's Mr Bishop?

Good news.....this project is the much needed shot in the arm the economy of the east needs. I think Akpabio would make a good President as well.
Re: Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment by macjive01: 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
I dont know him , but a friend that works at NPA said monthly shipment causes a choke at tarqua bay.

According to my source, this certain mazi bishop brings in over 47 ship loads of merchandize into the country monthly

coscharis is high as well, brings in 13 ship load and a RO-RO ship for his cars .

If These two men make ibaka seaport their point of call apapa is in trouble.
Re: Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment by donigspain(m): 4:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
macjive01: I dont know him , but a friebd that works at NPA said monthly shippment causes a chokes tarqua bay.

According to my source, this certain mazi bishop brings in over 17 ship loads of merchandize into the country monthly

coscharis is high as well, brings in 13 ship load and a RO-RO ship for his cars .

If These two men make ibaka seaport their point of call apapa is in trouble.

Nwanne, biko jee ka gi na ndi imejoro na sêxuality kpezie. O ga adimma ma oburu na iwepu akuko ahu na blog gi. Ihe i mere adighi mma obu ya mere m ji ede edemede a na asusu anyi. Ama m na ibu nwa Imo.
Re: Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment by kufre2010: 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
I fear that some people are blocking federal government from taking over this for the fear of the unknown. GOD dey watch them, since the advent of democracy this is the only major project federal government will site in Akwa Ibm.
Re: Ibaka Seaport Architectural Design Ready •akpabio Restates Commitment by macjive01: 9:29pm On Aug 12, 2013
donigspain: Nwanne, biko jee ka gi na ndi imejoro na sêxuality kpezie. O ga adimma ma oburu na iwepu akuko ahu na blog gi. Ihe i mere adighi mma obu ya mere m ji ede edemede a na asusu anyi. Ama m na ibu nwa Imo.

thanks for bring my attention to the rancor, have spoken to zuby and sorted it with him. now could you delete all those disparaging comments about my person on that page

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Kate Henshaw Goes Into Politics: Contesting For House Of Reps / Bokoo Haram Is The Military Wing Of APC / 2015: Lagos PDP Seeks To Break 16-year Jinx.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.