Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? (14707 Views)

Ladies, Would You Like To Marry A Good Cook? / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by ayobarmy(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
Nairalanders i really need ur help on this, because my wife is gradually sending me packing from home, because she bored me with are tastless foods, and i am that kind of guy, that love good food. What baffles me most is that, i can even cook better than her, but i cant take over the kitchen bcuz, its her office (and i love her so much)...... Pls help me ooooooo
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Pretyangel25(f): 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
Since you love her so much and you can cook very well so the best thing to do is for you to teach her how to cook. Or better still register her @ a catering school.

13 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by ayobarmy(m): 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2013
Thanks dear, but the thing is i have tried to teach her times without number, even if i give her all the neccesary spices, she will still mess it all up with the combination.........

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by ayoola2002(m): 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
Pls continue to teach her, remeber that rome was not built in aday. Also, u can get her food preparatory manual.

Front page plssssss.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Ucheaaron(m): 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
I Understand how you feel, but I have a solution! Just refer her to www.buufayrecipes.com to learn how to cook, bake e.t.c right from the comfort of your home , pls do not disgrace her by sending her to learn how to cook outside your home o!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by eonaiviv: 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
Let her go to a cooking school. Going to a cooking school is not an embarrassment. People that can cook and want to improve their skills still go there. No one is above learning.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by nahinbdis: 12:01am On Aug 31, 2013
Ucheaaron: I Understand how you feel, but I have a solution! Just refer her to www.buufayrecipes.com to learn how to cook, bake e.t.c right from the comfort of your home , pls do not disgrace her by sending her to learn how to cook outside your home o!

How can any opportunity to learn new things ever be an embarrassment?

My wife is a great cook having had a mom that was somewhat into catering. She recently decided to go into the catering biz in Lagos and I said to her that she needed to learn catering professionally.

Off she went to a catering school. This involved commuting 4hrs daily for six months! And I can tell you that I am the first beneficiary of her sharpened skills and unlocked creativity.

What you need to do is encourage her ... don't condemn her meals. Lovingly point out to her the alternatives you prefer. And if going to a catering school will do it, why not?

13 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by lifestyle1(m): 11:31am On Sep 01, 2013
Please op I have a question for you....

Did you ''court'' with your wife before marrying her ?

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by crystalballs: 11:32am On Sep 01, 2013
Women... too complicated.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 01, 2013
good thing you know how to cook

kitchen romance bro

spend some time with her in the kitchen

make some meals together

go figure

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 01, 2013
Hire a cook and dont bore a sexy woman with cooking, or even better order a lorry load of chinese and put your freezer and microwave to work permanently.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by owolabifunke14(f): 11:36am On Sep 01, 2013
Go and register her in a culinary or catering school

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by chymystique(f): 11:39am On Sep 01, 2013
African Men and Food as a Compulsory Marriage criteria!.... .. Dts one of d tyns u r meant to take notice of while u guys were datin.. Make u enrol her in a catering and culinary sch undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by caramelll(f): 11:46am On Sep 01, 2013
Pls try gettin her a cookery book,it may help improve on her culinary skills.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by benkings(m): 11:48am On Sep 01, 2013
lol...while dey where courtinq op was more into s.ex dan food
he dn realise say sex nor be food

op teach her! Daz all!

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by floxyluv283: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2013
u shld hv known dt during courtship. Anyway, teach her or employ a gd cook for jst few mnths to teach her (male cook pls)
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by omiobo: 11:49am On Sep 01, 2013
I ate the worst soup of my life yesterday. After being away from for 5days,my wife decided to welcome me with a food without maggi and salt. I was mad but I couldn't show it her that I was mad because of the tasteless soup. When I couldn't hold it anymore,I asked her what are the things missing in that soup. She laughed,and said maybe it's crazyfish,oh! Sorry crayfish. I said no that this is beyond crayfish. She laughed again and said salt and maggi.
Imagine a soup without salt and maggi. I asked her why. She said maggi and salt make one old on time. See me see wahala. See wetin beauty tips wan do my wife.

@Op,meself like good food,yesterday I know how u dey feel. You go continue to dey teach her. It takes time to be a great cook.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by elujah1(m): 11:49am On Sep 01, 2013
Is she willing to learn? Coz once the interest isnt there, take her to the best catering school, she wouldn't do well. No matter how bad her food is, encourage her, tell her how great the meal is and she can do do better, trust me, with time she would. I have seen such before.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by elujah1(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2013
Is she willing to learn? Coz once the interest isnt there, take her to the best catering school, she wouldn't do well. No matter how bad her food is, encourage her, tell her how great the meal is and she can do do better, trust me, with time she would. I have seen such before.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Samelfisha(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2013
End time tinz grin

no wrry bro she will learn, time will tellwink

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2013
Ikechu

Is my food dat bad!! cry cry

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Itoroetti(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2013
chymystique: African Men and Food as a Compulsory Marriage criteria!.. Y u dey complain.. .. Dts one of d tyns u r meant to take notice of while u guys were datin.. Make u enrol her in a catering and culinary sch undecided

with the way u sound,i doubt if u can prepare indomie or even make garri.
Ladies will never wish to learn.
@op,u married her,cope with her lapses and send her 2a catering school.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by elujah1(m): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by iamdsam: 11:51am On Sep 01, 2013
Please take her to a cooking school if there's any. And I don't believe cooking should only be the responsibility of a woman. It's should be a collective responsibility meaning any body can cook at any time. It baffles me most times as most Nigerian men leave cooking to their wives as if they were only created for it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by alphaconde(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2013
Bra, just be patient and teach her, u can also invite a good cook from ur family mayb you younger sis to stay with you guys for a while and help her learn.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2013
easy just take pictures with the girls,daughters and waitress of d mama put where u use to eat , n make sure u are smiling and ur hands is on their waist...n share d pix on ur wifes fb page

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 01, 2013
Since you've tried teaching her yourself to no avail, take her to a cooking school. Take her to the bookstore and let her pick out the cooking books she likes and she can try the recipes at home. Most importantly, keep encouraging her.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by deife(m): 11:57am On Sep 01, 2013
nahinbdis:

How can any opportunity to learn new things ever be an embarrassment?

My wife is a great cook having had a mom that was somewhat into catering. She recently decided to go into the catering biz in Lagos and I said to her that she needed to learn catering professionally.

Off she went to a catering school. This involved commuting 4hrs daily for six months! And I can tell you that I am the first beneficiary of her sharpened skills and unlocked creativity.

What you need to do is encourage her ... don't condemn her meals. Lovingly point out to her the alternatives you prefer. And if going to a catering school will do it, why not?

You spoke my mind, bro.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by cashkid18(m): 11:57am On Sep 01, 2013
google hw to cuk on google .
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Juell(m): 11:58am On Sep 01, 2013
Send her to catering school.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by chymystique(f): 11:59am On Sep 01, 2013
Itoroetti :

with the way u sound,i doubt if u can prepare indomie or even make garri.
Ladies will never wish to learn.
@op,u married her,cope with her lapses and send her 2a catering school.

Loolll... Y dnt u teach me Mr. Cook cheesy.... Cos am nt evn d cookin type

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make An Amazing Mind Blowing Banana Pancake Recipe / Nigerian Low Calorie Diet / Does Habib Yoghurt Make You Lose Weight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.