Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,977 members, 7,799,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer (19142 Views)

Dangote Trailer Kills Five On Auchi-Benin Road (PHOTOS) / Nigerian Footballer Elderson Echiejile Gets Engaged…(pics Included) / Chaos On Ajah Road In Lagos As Trailer Kills Five School Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by free2ryhme: 4:19am On Aug 12, 2013
A young man was yesterday crushed to death by a trailer on the Ore-Benin road. The accident occurred at Kajola in Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The victim, a footballer, is popularly known as “Mikel”.

An eye witness said the accident occurred while the deceased was crossing the expressway.
The villagers set the trailer ablaze, causing a gridlock on the highway for several hours.
A source said the situation degenerated when some soldiers allegedly shot at the protesters.
Many people were reportedly injured and vehicles vandalised.

One of the villagers said: “The protest was hijacked by hoodlums, who extorted money from the stranded motorists. Some drivers and their passengers abandoned their vehicles and fled into the bush. It was an ugly incident.”
Police spokesman Wole Ogodo confirmed the incident and said the command was on top of the situation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/chaos-on-ore-benin-road/
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by 234GT(m): 5:17am On Aug 12, 2013
I don't think the poor state of the road led to this. It sholud be carelessness on the part of the driver or thr deceased.
The jungle reaction that ensued is a shame anyway.
Why delay/extort/intimidate a motorist because of an accident he knew nothing about?

1 Like

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by 3ace(m): 6:44am On Aug 12, 2013
Gosh! That must have been a horrible sight. RIP.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by malele(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2013
Touts exploiting very opportunity that comes to them.who knows may be dey learnt it in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by DANILSA(m): 9:17am On Aug 12, 2013
234GT: I don't think the poor state of the road led to this. It sholud be carelessness on the part of the driver or thr deceased.
The jungle reaction that ensued is a shame anyway.
Why delay/extort/intimidate a motorist because of an accident he knew nothing about?
me sef tire
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Sojebrand(m): 9:17am On Aug 12, 2013
God help us

1 Like

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by amiskurie(m): 9:18am On Aug 12, 2013
rip mikel!
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Hernadez99: 9:18am On Aug 12, 2013
RIP....

Questions to be answered

1)Was the Blind when crossing the expressway?
2)Was the truck driver "high" on something?
3)Was the driver on top speed?
4)Why did the hoodlums resort to extorting money from other drivers?
4)Why did the Soldiers resort to gun shots in making sure the hoodlums leave the "arena"
5)DO YOU HAVE ANSWERS to THESE QUESTIONS?

2 Likes

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by frankgreat(m): 9:19am On Aug 12, 2013
i was on that road yesterday, cum see run na? we had to pass inside forest just to bypass d whole drama...spent close to 3hrs on a spot
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Ismahill(m): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2013
Rip.when will all dis shit end in this country.shey mo sii aye wa ni tabi country mo sii yan.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Leobreezy(m): 9:22am On Aug 12, 2013
Nigerians and our feigned desire for revenge. Wetin concern motorists with "mikel" now?? Useless bunch of nfa youths.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by bestower: 9:24am On Aug 12, 2013
Never doubt the strenght of these hoodlums when such an opportunities arise,they will extorts all ur belongings before u say 'jack'.To the deceased 'Mikel' rest in peace.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Ghydyon(m): 9:26am On Aug 12, 2013
Eehyah
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Mooye41(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2013
The community have acted shamefully. I mean why would the innocent travellers be subjected to a thing like this. The police should put in extra effort to bring those responsible for this shameful act to justice. I sincerely sympathys with the family of the deceased.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Ghydyon(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2013
Hernadez99: RIP....

Questions to be answered

4)Why did the Soldiers resort to gun shots in making sure the hoodlums leave the "arena"
if u ask me na who i go ask?

1 Like

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by MrAboki: 9:31am On Aug 12, 2013
WHAT A GREAT LOSS FOR THE SUPER EAGLES!!!!!

Mikel R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by slap1(m): 9:31am On Aug 12, 2013
Obviously a Chelsea fan. RIP, Abu Mikel Hernandez.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by hardbody: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2013
I have yet another opportunity to thank the good Lord. I was due back to Lagos yesterday and would actually have gone by road and definitely would have met this ugly incident. Several issues came up to disrupt the move. As I head back today I hope we don't get to see any negative incidents.

1 Like

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2013
Too bad,may his soul rest in peace cry
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Skmoda360(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2013
3ace: Gosh! That must have been a horrible sight. RIP.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by 190: 9:38am On Aug 12, 2013
cry cry
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by BarryX(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2013
And the news is about what exactly
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by ogomeh(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2013
Was he not taught a look left, right and left again before crossing the road when he was in the primary school which i'm sure he attended
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by OCcool: 9:48am On Aug 12, 2013
Hernadez99: RIP....

Questions to be answered

If u ask meee.... na who i go ask?
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Idowuogbo(f): 9:55am On Aug 12, 2013
Ewo ooo! Crush? Kai! cry cry

Rip bro!
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by richoko60: 9:58am On Aug 12, 2013
Mr Aboki: WHAT A GREAT LOSS FOR THE SUPER EAGLES!!!!!

Mikel R.I.P
Mr Aboki its not our Mikel Obi, the deceased footballer was called Mikel maybe he plays like the Mikel Obi of the super eagles....
RIP to the death
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by idonchop: 10:07am On Aug 12, 2013
I witnessed it live
All vehicular movement was stopped as the community guys set ablaze the trailer that killed the guy.
The community guys descended on all other trailers held in the hold up by breaking their windscreens and side mirrors,some buses suffered the same fate.
While we were there,a little girl in one if the buses had convulsion but was saved thanks to the joint effort of the crowd.
A top government functionary in Ondo was there with us in the gridlock but he didn't come out of his vehicle,his Jeep was watched by two fun wielding police officers who did nothing to help the situation.
We were let loose after 2hours of standstill,it was a terrible experience.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by phoneport(m): 10:12am On Aug 12, 2013
well the best way to disperse a mob by military forces in Nigeria is to SHOT them.
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

But Hope it is not Michael Obi? God forbid.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by nenergy(m): 10:13am On Aug 12, 2013
Hmmm, he must have been a little distracted (music in far or social media in hand) to be knocked down by a trailer. RIP mikel!
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Etumgbe(m): 10:21am On Aug 12, 2013
I was there live yesterday. We stayed for over 3hrs but finally made it not knowing that redeem was waiting for us.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:30am On Aug 12, 2013
Mr Aboki: WHAT A GREAT LOSS FOR THE SUPER EAGLES!!!!!

Mikel R.I.P

You are Aboki indeed. Are you thinking with your feet?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Letter To The Future(yr 2,999) Drop your 'I Was Here' msgs to the Future NLndrs / What Do You Do For Fun? / Calendar Year 1986 And Calendar Year 2014 Are The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.