Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims (6579 Views)

What Is The Population Between Christians And Muslims In Nigeria / What Are Some Reasons For The Animosity Between Christians And Muslims? / The Difference Between Christians And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by Controversy: 6:20am On Aug 12, 2013
Pope Francis reached out to Muslims on Sunday to mark the end of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan and called on them and Christians to promote mutual respect.

“I want to send a hello to Muslims around the world, our brothers, who a short time ago celebrated the conclusion of the month of Ramadan,” the pontiff said in front of thousands of the faithful gathered for his Angelus blessing in St Peter’s Square.

“I hope that Christians and Muslims engage to promote mutual respect, especially through the education of new generations,” he said.

It was the pope’s second message to Muslim communities recently.

On August 2, Francis sent a text “as an expression of esteem and friendship to all Muslims, especially their religious leaders”.

In his text, he also called on both religions to “avoid unjustified or defamatory criticism” of each other.

The pontiff on Sunday also addressed Catholics, exhorting them to “love of God”, who has “a name, and a face; he is called Jesus Christ”, he said departing from his prepared script.

“That is the love which gives value and beauty to everything: the family, work, study, friendship, the arts and every human activity,” he said to the cheers of the faithful.

Just before taking leave of the crowd, Francis gave his now traditional farewell of “good Sunday and a good appetite” before adding a “goodbye” as if he wanted to linger a little longer.

http://.mobi/output.php?id=11030

6 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by k2039: 6:22am On Aug 12, 2013
His Holiness, Holy see of Rome has spoken well, just that the jihadist don't like peace.

8 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by Controversy: 6:24am On Aug 12, 2013
God bless the pope
God bless the catholic church
God bless Christians
God bless the whole world

14 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by Mannylex(m): 9:17am On Aug 12, 2013
God bless the pope. He is starting wonderfully well and with this kind of Pope in place, I am proud to be a Catholic. . . And a Christian. Ours is truly a religion of peace.

9 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by Lateef9961(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2013
May Allah {swt} bless the pope. I love the way catholics do bhave,i attendd catholic primary and sec. Skul. 1c again,GOD BLESS THE POPE.

25 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by glizengem(f): 9:24am On Aug 12, 2013
God bless d pope.... How many Islamic preachers has ever wished Christians a hapi celebration radardey go wan bomb person

5 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by AlfaB: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2013
When he appoints an islamic moderator in Vatican, I will take him serious.

1 Like

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by Fazhy: 9:33am On Aug 12, 2013
[size=18pt]YES![/size]

1 Like

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by baffylander(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2013
DANILSA: The pope is a disgrace to humanity if he does not know that Jesus is not God. just imagine after studies throughout his whole life cant differentiate Jesus and God.

PROUDLY BIBLE STUDENT.
Dear bible student,
The reason why catholics talk about holy trinity is because God is God the father, the creator of the world, God the son in the person and form of Jesus Christ and God the holy spirit upon the descent of the holy spirit on the disciples.
P.S A foo.l is not regarded as a foo.l until he opens his mouth and spits out trash...*do have a knowledge-imparting day*

12 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by Rich4god(m): 9:36am On Aug 12, 2013
Alfa-B:
When he appoints an islamic moderator in Vatican, I will take him serious.
What is this one saying...

4 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by abacus(m): 9:41am On Aug 12, 2013
Also respect between ethnics.

I think those people are listening. Our noisy tenants. GOD bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by Odunharry(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2013
candiva2013: You need serious deliverance.
d guy nid 2 b taken 2 T.b Joshua.
Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by ademony(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2013
I don't know why u guys don't just want to hear anything about Islam... The Pope knew what he was saying..... Try to know about other religion and don't let the media only brainwash una

5 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 12, 2013
DANILSA: The pope is a disgrace to humanity if he does not know that Jesus is not God. just imagine after studies throughout his whole life cant differentiate Jesus and God.

PROUDLY BIBLE STUDENT.

I take it you have at least a masters degree in Theology and Philosophy. Anything short of that... I am pretty sure you know what the "rest" means.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by princetboy(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2013
Tonylyte:

Danilsa are u there? Ya mama.
I suspect dat d guy is one of d bokobombharams

1 Like

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by gnykelly(m): 10:08am On Aug 12, 2013
nice one pope. It seems Islam and Christainity will will soon meet half way

2 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 12, 2013
Thanx for bein postive,u will 4eva earn my respect nd I will never insult Islam again for d sake of my faith u nd my good muslim frnds(who r nt hapi wit me for d tins I say on nl just becos a dumb fellow or fanatic who doesn't understand his religion provoked me)

PEACE- the way forward!
God bless the POPE
God bless the holy Roman catholic church
God bless Nigeria!

I AM SO CATHOLIC AND PROUD

Lateef9961: May Allah {swt} bless the pope. I love the way catholics do bhave,i attendd catholic primary and sec. Skul. 1c again,GOD BLESS THE POPE.

13 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by Gerrard59(m): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2013
Which Media?

Was is the media that bombed the church @ Madalla?
Is it the media that shouts Allah akbar when it starts trowing bombs?
Is the media now that is boko haram that preaches jihad and also maiming people all around?

Why would i learn about a religion even when the learned ones are backing the killers themselves?

5 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by aryzgreat: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2013
peppy luv: Thanx for bein postive,u will 4eva earn my respect nd I will never insult Islam again for d sake of my faith u nd my good muslim frnds(who r nt hapi wit me for d tins I say on nl just becos a dumb fellow or fanatic who doesn't understand his religion provoked me)

PEACE- the way forward!
God bless the POPE
God bless the holy Roman catholic church
God bless Nigeria!

I AM SO CATHOLIC AND PROUD

My dear nice one from u.

A friend of mine dat attend rccg came to my house for some discussion, along the line he saw d crucifix in my house and asked if am a catholic i said yes am a staunch catholic, he then asked if am aware that our pope is now a muslim, i told him dat never happened, he said his pastor said so in their last fellowship in the presence of the congregation, i was mad. This mere call for respect among the 2 dorminant religion in the world has been taken by some illiterate pastors as pope's endorsement and conversion to islam. I weep for fanatics n liars that use lies to win converts.

8 Likes

Re: Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims by pbling: 10:28am On Aug 12, 2013
Asalaam alaikun,papa u always spik d truth wt chariti,benedicamus domine

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? / Advantage And Disadvantage Of Religion / Choosing A Husband/Wife: God's Will Or Your Will?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.