Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Lamido Blasts Okupe, Gulak Over Comments On Northern Govs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamido Blasts Okupe, Gulak Over Comments On Northern Govs (622 Views)

Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria / Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote On Northern Nigeria And Boko Haram / We ‘re On Northern Govs’payroll – Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamido Blasts Okupe, Gulak Over Comments On Northern Govs by brixton: 9:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State has berated presidential aides, Doyin Okupe and Ahmed Gulak on their recent outbursts against him and four other governors just as he has dismissed the recently registered All Progressive Congress, APC, as a panacea to the nation’s problems.Governor Lamido, in an interview, said he was in agreement with President Goodluck Jonathan that Nigeria cannot break as he said that members of the elite class in the country were united in preserving their advantages over the masses irrespective of tribe and religion.*GulakLamido also expressed disappointment with statements credited to former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Mohammed Abba-Gana, that there was no presidential material in the north.Lamido, who attended the same Barewa College with Abba-Gana, said that the education Abba-Gana had, prepared him for the presidency.Defending recent visits to some of the country’s elder-statesmen, he said the governors acted in the interest of the nation and in their determination to salvage the country’s democracy.He said: “A situation where a hired hand like Doyin Okupe, a wage earner that speaks only to justify his pay, will malign me that I am irrelevant.“He became an aide after the election. These people who are now talking and abusing us are personal aides, who became what they are when the mandate was achieved.“They were nowhere when the whole thing was being worked out. It means there was an election before they were able to serve as aides.“There is nothing like honour in that because they are just hired hands. If tomorrow you have another President, they go to him.”‘Why Nigeria can’t break’Agreeing with President Jonathan that Nigeria cannot break, he said: “It is too weak to break. Who will break it? The ordinary person in Jigawa or the ordinary person in Sokoto or the ordinary person in Bayelsa?“Is it the Ibo vulcaniser or the Yoruba woman that is selling kerosene by the roadside or the Okada man in Delta?“They don’t have the capacity to unite because they are burdened by poverty. We have taken away from them their dignity, their self esteem, their pride and self worth so that they cannot even organise.“Up there, we (elite) unite, we sing and so we will never allow Nigeria to break because once it breaks, we will lose. “But the common man loses nothing. What is he losing? He is already living in hell; he cannot lose anything more than this hell.” -

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/lamido-blasts-okupe-gulak-over-comments-on-northern-govs/
Re: Lamido Blasts Okupe, Gulak Over Comments On Northern Govs by soloafe: 10:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
listine to the man who wish to take over from gej talk . nigerias shine ur eyes don,t hand over ur future to the devil.
Re: Lamido Blasts Okupe, Gulak Over Comments On Northern Govs by DanAnyiam: 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
soloafe: listine to the man who wish to take over from gej talk . nigerias shine ur eyes don,t hand over ur future to the devil.
Forget about bended mindset and read properly some of the sense this guy is making and coming from the top of Nigeria ruling elite. He has said what many like me had been saying that the likes of Lamido, Amaechi,OBJ or GEJ would not mind kissing each other just to keep one Nigeria going, because Nigeria is their bread and butter. Poor people, no matter where they come from has nothing to lose if Nigeria breaks up, because in the words of Lamido, what can be worse than Nigeria for an average folks etching out a living each day.

That is why whenever I see ordinary slaves, called Nigeria throwing insult inbehalf of GEJ vs Amaechi and many other Nigerian political bouts, it makes me sick. GEJ or any of them don't give a damn about you. They sing one Nigeria in their sleep, not because of pure love, but because one Nigeria made them what they had become and without Nigeria they are finished. Just like Lamido said, unlike in Egypt, the masses of Nigeria are so impoverished to riot for a change and the elite want to keep it that way and when the masses even gathered any energy to fight, its fighting against themselves because the same elite engineered it or has thrown a piece of bread at them and then watch as they fight over it.

1 Like

Re: Lamido Blasts Okupe, Gulak Over Comments On Northern Govs by softwareman(m): 7:33am On Aug 13, 2013
Personally I think lamido is a little misguided if he thinks PDP will put forward any presidential candidate aside from Jonathan. I think the fear of most of the northern politicians in PDP is that a Jonathan presidential candidature will provide APC a strong foothold in the north west, north east and states isuch as Niger, kwara etc in the north central. To me fighting for a power shift to the north in 2015 within PDP is futile and am surprised that a smart politician like lamido is dissipating energy on a political fait acompli.

(1) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode And His Naked Dance / . / Awo's Has Foresight In 1961...nigeria Is Today 2013, Read Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.