Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls (16024 Views)

US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable / Home | News | Jonathan Backs Push For New Revenue Formula..... / President Jonathan Backs Out Of Presidential Debate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by ifebosco: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
Orikinla:

[size=28pt]Ngige does not even need to campaign to beat Soludo.

What has Soludo done for Anambra state?

Soludo that ruined the Nigerian capital market until Sanusi came to the rescue?[/size]

Soludo Olodo
Obo ni kan lomo do
. grin
don´t mind them
because we play tribalism in nigeria thats why we are were we are today
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by alexchiny: 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
software man:
point of correction. the dwarf that needed a run off to beat a sitting governor in his state. Ngige did not really contest against the beautiful and competent amazon dora akinyuli, he contested against Obi / Umeh in their state and stronghold and won.

Shut it! Will you? Part of the reasons why some APGA faithfuls really dont like Obis is because of that election, his refusal not to influence that election amidst massive rigging from ACN. Yet, it took a run-off for the sell out dwarf to win. If he were that powerful, how come he was floored TWICE mercilessly by Obi? If the dwarf were that popular, how come after the 2010 guber results were announced, all we witnessed was wild celebration throughout Anambra and no single protest? Yall should keep deceiving yourselves, thank God the election is around the corner.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by softwareman(m): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
kel4soft:
Nonsence! When the speaker visited the opposition state. I thought you guys said, it was anti party.
An hypocrite is one who condemns an act in one case and applauds the same act in another case when it suits him or her.
if this story is true, Jonathan is not only clueless and incompetent as a manager of people,he is also a bloody hypocrite.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by ifebosco: 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
PointB: Between Soludo, Andy Uba, and Ngige, it is obvious who is the best choice for Anambra. If GEj recognises and supports this, I think he deserves our commendation.

Nice move GEJ! Soludo all the way.

For those asking what assurance does GEJ have that Soludo will repay back such support. The answer is: NONE.

Soludo's basic concern as Governor (when he wins) is to deliver dividend of good governance to the good people of Anambra. The good works of GEJ will speak for him at the pools.

Soludo is the solution, even for team fresh air!
the good devidends he deliver in cbn??
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by softwareman(m): 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
dandollaz:
u still dey sleep on top of bike that can be possible last 2 months b4 the deportation saga.I'm from the same zone with ngige but I'm ashamed of his comment on the matter.hope you remember the comment of john McCain with Obama in 08 that America economy is still strong that was the statement that made him loose in USA. The same goes to ngige to support what fashola did.ngige should apologise b4 is too late.
You mean before the deportation saga, ngige would have won the governorship of anambra state on the platform of ACN?
You know it would only have happened over jonathan and obi combined dead body!
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by alexchiny: 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
PointB: Between Soludo, Andy Uba, and Ngige, it is obvious who is the best choice for Anambra. If GEj recognises and supports this, I think he deserves our commendation.

Nice move GEJ! Soludo all the way.

For those asking what assurance does GEJ have that Soludo will repay back such support. The answer is: NONE.

Soludo's basic concern as Governor (when he wins) is to deliver dividend of good governance to the good people of Anambra. The good works of GEJ will speak for him at the pools.

Soludo is the solution, even for team fresh air!

I can categorically tell you that Onitsha people are beginning to welcome Soludo's candidacy. Throughout Main Market Onitsha, most of them feel Ngige has betrayed their trust. Another thing counting for Soludo is MASSOB. Surprised? Unfortunately or Fortunately, those guys are aligning with APGA and would never allow an APC government in Anambra. It might also interest you to know that MASSOB is still that influential when it comes to grassroots mobilization.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Orikinla(m): 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
[size=18pt]

Ngige floats N100m scholarship scheme

Posted by: Nwanosike Onu, Awka in News Extra January 16, 2013

It was a day of joy for members of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Anambra Central Senatorial zone of Anambra State when the member representing them at the Senate, Senator Chris Ngige, announced a N100m scholarship scheme for the zone.

It was the day the former governor said, “thank you” to members of the ACN for standing behind him during his political battle with former Minister of Information, Prof. Dora Akunyili.

With joy radiating on his face he said: “This is just the beginning of good things for our great party.

“With the faces we are seeing here today, it means that ACN is still very strong in this state. I have just inaugurated the six-classroom blocks I built at the Federal Government College in Nise, borehole and four toilets. More are still coming.”

Again, he had gathered the widows, the less-privileged and the needy in the society in his senatorial zone to give them hope.

Before then, Ngige, alongside the Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on Interparty Relations, Senator Ben Ndi Obi, and Sir Goddy Ezeemo, had inaugurated a new ACN office at Amawbia in Awka South Local Government Area.

He told his supporters that the gestures would be replicated in all the seven local government areas in the central senatorial zone, adding “we are in the spree of openings.”

Continuing, he said: “We are also giving empowerment to our people through skill acquisition and scholarship schemes to each constituency. People will learn soap making, hairdressing, while others will go to school. Everybody must be happy. This is what ACN is all about.

He said that the office which was inaugurated at Amawbia was donated by an admirer of the ACN.

On 2013 governorship election, Ngige said: “Man proposes and God disposes, the date is coming. It is not a long distance but the main thing is that this party is thinking ahead.”

He announced a donation of N100m scholarship scheme for students in the area, N10m for the ACN state secretariat, N1.050m for each of the 21 local government area offices of the ACN in the state.

Not done, Ngige also donated six Camry cars and two buses to some members of the party. He said that another eight would arrive in the second phase of the largesse in March.

He also donated over 20,000 bags of rice, cartons of tomatoes, millions of indomie noodles, uncountable tins of groundnut oil, and bags of salt, among others to orphanage homes in the senatorial zone.

Besides, over 10 churches in Abuja, Enugu, Anambra, and Edo states got their own shares of N500, 000 each. The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) and University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) also received N200, 000 and N250, 000 respectively.

Ngige also donated some items to wards and local government areas that gave him massive votes during the senatorial election, even as he urged them to do more in subsequent elections for ACN in the state.

The Chairman of the ACN in the state, Chief Amechi Obidike told Newsextra that he was overwhelmed.

He said he accepted the chairmanship of the party in the state to win elections and not for moon lighting, adding that what occupies the minds of ACN members in the state is for the party to occupy the Anambra State Government House 2014.

For Sir Goddy Ezeemo, he commended the ACN members in the state for sticking together without any rancour.

He said: “I am part of this revolution. I have been there for quite a long time and I will continue being with ACN.”

The ACN lawmakers in the state, Hon Tony Oneweek Muonagor, (Idemili North), Hon Ebele Obi (Idemili South), the immediate past Deputy Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Sir Ozo Ughamadu told Newsextra that 2013 would not be a year for jamboree, but for serious business for ACN in Anambra State.

Describing Ngige as a fearless person, Senator Ben Ndi Obi said that Ngige was the person who galvanised all the governors then to fight against former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s third term agenda.

He said: “The truth is that, since the advent of democracy in Nigeria, the governor that made people knows what democracy dividend was all about was Ngige. He changed the face of democracy in Nigeria.”

Ngige floats N100m scholarship scheme | The Nation
thenationonlineng.net › Home › News Extra‎
Jan 11, 2013 - Blogs · Home » News Extra » Ngige floats N100m scholarship scheme ... and the needy in the society in his senatorial zone to give them hope.
Ngige doles out cash, cars to aides, others — The Punch - Nigeria's ...
www.punchng.com › News‎
Dec 24, 2012 - Ngige said he would also give out another set of vehicles in March ... He announced a scholarship of N100m for students in his constituency.[/size]

Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Longeria(m): 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

What do you expect from a Kindergarten president? He ran to the enemy camp for milk instead of taking them as meat. Such a lazy and clueless president.

He did the same thing in Ondo state by supporting Mimiko during the guber race.
When he supported Adam Oshiomole to win Edo state governorship election, he's not a Kindergarten president abi?
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Orikinla(m): 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
[size=18pt]I ask again, WHAT HAS SOLUDO DONE FOR ANAMBRA STATE?[/size]

Even Orikinla here has done more for Igbo people than Soludo.
Over 4, 000 jobs are being created in all the LGAs in Nigeria and over 4, 000 more jobs are coming before 2016.

Jesus Christ said: By their fruits you shall know them.
Matthew 7:20 (King James Version)
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by PointB: 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
ifebosco: tribalism in play.myopic people

tribalism you said? Pray which tribe is APC?
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by alexchiny: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]I ask again, WHAT HAS SOLUDO DONE FOR ANAMBRA STATE?[/size]

Even Orikinla here has done more for Igbo people than Soludo.
Over 4, 000 jobs are being created in all the LGAs in Nigeria and over 4, 000 more jobs are coming before 2016.

Jesus Christ said: By their fruits you shall know them.
Matthew 7:20 (King James Version)

Please we dont want Ngige, ok? You can use him to replace Fashola in 2015. Its ok by us.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by softwareman(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
alexchiny:

Shut it! Will you? Part of the reasons why some APGA faithfuls really dont like Obis is because of that election, his refusal not to influence that election amidst massive rigging from ACN. Yet, it took a run-off for the sell out dwarf to win. If he were that powerful, how come he was floored TWICE mercilessly by Obi? If the dwarf were that popular, how come after the 2010 guber results were announced, all we witnessed was wild celebration throughout Anambra and no single protest? Yall should keep deceiving yourselves, thank God the election is around the corner.
Influence the election? in what ways. Did he campaign for his party's candidate or not? but may be obi does not really believe in APGA or its members. he seems to always look up to PDP for APGA candidates when it comes to crucial elections.
Dora and all his senatorial candidates in the last election are PDP members. Now it is time for governorship, he has gone to beg another PDP member to be his candidate. This is the same obi that was talking zoning to anambra north and propping up the current secretary of the state government only a few weeks ago.
This Obi utterly lacks principle and is consistently inconsistent.
Truly, even if Ngigge loses this coming election massively, he has proven one important thing most of us do not usually associate igbo politicians with. Principle and the moral courage to stick with your belief and friends no matter what.
Peter obi will not know what principle and character is, if you gave him with the kiss of life!
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by PointB: 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
ifebosco: the good devidends he deliver in cbn??

soludo is not perfect, but he was the one who put Nigerian banks on the global stage. Same way he is going to raise the stock of Anambra, nay SE, when he becomes governor.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by alexchiny: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
software man:
Influence the election? in what ways. Did he campaign for his party's candidate or not? but may be obi does not really believe in APGA or its members. he seems to always look up to PDP for APGA candidates when it comes to crucial elections.
Dora and all his senatorial candidates in the last election are PDP members. Now it is time for governorship, he has gone to beg another PDP member to be his candidate. This is the same obi that was talking zoning to anambra north and propping up the current secretary of the state government only a few weeks ago.
This Obi utterly lacks principle and is consistently inconsistent.
Truly, even if Ngigge loses this coming election massively, he has proven one important thing most of us do not usually associate igbo politicians with. Principle and the moral courage to stick with your belief and friends no matter what.
Peter obi will not know what principle and character is, if you gave him with the kiss of life!

You said a lot here without making any sense! I never knew Dora was a card carrying PDP member. doofus!! Like i said ealier, sit your butt somewhere and painfully watch Ngige lose the election again. Yall can use him and replace Fashola come 2015!
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by softwareman(m): 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
PointB:

tribalism you said? Pray which tribe is APC?
There are hausas, igbos, yorubas etc in APC.
But since you guys are now in the business of defining who really is igbo or not and which igbo is full blooded or half blooded, and which ones are lagos igbos, kano igbos, jos igbos, ibadan igbos etc, may be i should ask you which flavor of igbo is rochas okorocha, chris ngige and the many , many illustrious sons of igbos in APC are?

i understand from some of you biafranist massob sympathisers on this forum that any igbo son that does not support jonathan and the PDP faction of APGA is not a full blooded igbo!
first class dyed in the wool tribalists calling other people tribalist.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by FreeGlobe(f): 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
alexchiny:

Please we dont want Ngige, ok? You can use him to replace Fashola in 2015. Its ok by us.
hahaha.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Orikinla(m): 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
PointB:

soludo is not perfect, but he was the one who put Nigerian banks on the global stage. Same way he is going to raise the stock of Anambra, nay SE, when he becomes governor.

Soludo was a corrupt governor of the apex bank.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by softwareman(m): 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
alexchiny:

You said a lot here without making any sense! I never knew Dora was a card carrying PDP member. doofus!! Like i said ealier, sit your butt somewhere and painfully watch Ngige lose the election again. Yall can use him and replace Fashola come 2015!
i will jiggle your memory further. Dora picked up APGA membership card only a few weeks to the senatorial election just like Soludo did last week.
You did not respond to my assertion that obi is a completely unprincipled politician who do not believe in his own party and its members and who will betray a oft repeated promise(to a zone and a political associate-obaze)at the drop of a hat.
I will wait for your response a little while before signing off.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by PointB: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
Softwareman, you rush to answer question directed to someone else and made a mess of yourself. Ifebosco call those rooting for APGA/ Soludo tribalist and I asked which tribe are they against? Perhaps comprehension is a little difficult for you.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Longeria(m): 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
Dbeliever: Unlike food, nor matter how somebody is rich, he/she is not satisfied. These people does not think of grooming youth for the betterment of this country. Just imagine an immediate former CBN governor still contesting for governorship election. I don't blame him because he might be taking a que from other aged Nigerians who are still hustling to be in the helm of affairs. Adamu Ciroma also pened down his for a ministerial slot 20years after his retirement as CBN governor when he was contacted to choose somebody from his state for a ministerial appointment. The big question is that; Is it that this men does not have younger ones to groom?.
See your dirty life, that question belong to your preferred career presidential aspirant, Buhari.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by softwareman(m): 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
Orikinla:

Soludo was a corrupt governor of the apex bank.
Soludo covered up the rot in the banking industry for years because the bankers have bought him over.As a result the nigerian banking industry was on the verge of a systemic failure if he has not be replaced with sanusi.

2. when he was initiating the so called banking reform, he promised that more funds will be available for the real sector and interest rate will come down. the precise opposite happened. on the contrary, soludo's banking reform brought unprecedented corruption and sleaze to the Nigerian banking industry.

3.Nine of the twenty five banks were later found to have been insolvent right from soludo's time. instead of taking reformative action, he provided a window to cover up his friends.
4. until sanusi came to introduce proper risk management measures, soludo corruptly looked the other way while his banker friends were siphoning depositors money like oil thieves in the niger dlta.
Soludo was not only a corrupt governor of the apex bank , he was also a failed governor of the apex bank.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ngige for Lagos State Gov 2015. Dayo and Co can make it happen.

Fresh Air

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by softwareman(m): 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
PointB: Softwareman, you rush to answer question directed to someone else and made a mess of yourself. Ifebosco call those rooting for APGA/ Soludo tribalist and I asked which tribe are they against? Perhaps comprehension is a little difficult for you.
it is a public forum so i can respond to every post.
I am sorry if made a mess of myself, but the question i responded to was clearly quoted.
Please do not let us descend to the level of personal abuse. if you disagree with any of my views, just state yours.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Nonybb: 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
Onlytruth: Soludo remains the best in Anambra. If Jonathan supports the best, the people will be appreciative of that, and return the favor in 2015.
How do u ppl here on nairaland manage to conclude whose the best and whose not. This is wat u ppl kept on saying when Obi to become Governor and at the end of the day and at the end of it all he is going we are more and still have nothing to show for it yet
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by softwareman(m): 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Ngige for Lagos State Gov 2015. Dayo and Co can make it happen.
For me , he is also the best igbo presidential material so far. Even if Ngige comes third or fourth in the coming election, i will consider it a moral victory.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
software man:
For me , he is also the best igbo presidential material so far. Even if Ngige comes third or fourth in the coming election, i will consider it a moral victory.

He will first have to win Lagos State Governorship Race to succeed Fashola. Once Ngige is in Alausa, i will start believing you.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by HappyJoe: 2:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
I'm from Anambra State, people aren't thinking strategically here.

Soludo has many things going for him that Ngige, Uba or Ifeanyi Ubah don't have.

1. He has the support of an incumbent governor. That means a lot, as the incumbent governor commands a lot of resources & can award contracts.

2. Ngige's late in the day donations to the Catholic Church don't mean much. People forget that Peter Obi not only handed over schools back to churches, he also provided part funding for the running of those schools. So this belated supported doesn't mean much.

3. Ngige is from Anambra Central senatorial zone. While "zoning" might have been discarded, it is a bit too much for that zone to occupy govt house Awka for 11 years (Obi & Ngige are from Central, Soludo & Uba are from South).

4. The support of Anambra North. No governor has done as much for Anambra North as Obi. He's built roads in forgotten communities like Awba Ofemili & has a established a refinery (not quite a refinery yet, but they still sell crude to PH Refinery) at Aguleri side. So whoever Obi supports is likely to win Anambra North (it is likely to be Soludo).

5. Jonathan is okay with anyone but APC winning the guber elections in Anambra. PDP will tear itself apart before the primaries, so the bulk of Jonathan's support will go to the APGA candidate (please watch Jonathan and Obi's body language).

6. Ngige's donations might make for news headlines, but Obi has been providing funds to every single town union periodically for the past 8 years.

7. Ngige is in senate, hasn't passed a single bill, he also has this "deportation" saga to contend with.

8. In summary, Ngige cannot win. The APGA candidate will win, whoever that is.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by alpattini(m): 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
APGA SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL NOW, THEY SHOULD REMEMBER T. A. ORJI, AND ROCHAS OKOROCHA. THEY SHOULD ASK PROF. IF HE WILL DECAMP TOO.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by eldoradoxx: 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
Dan Anyiam:
GEJ knows better my a*s!
If the above mentioned story is true, he is only plotting his own survival in 2015. You really thinks Jonathan lose any sleep at night because of the welfare of Anambra. Grow up people.
GEJ is merely strategizing. So that whether it is PDP (Uba ) or Soludo ( Apga) that wins,he would have succeeded in keeping APC away from that state . Mind you that irrespective of party that wins election in South East, PDP remains the party for Ndigbo as far as presidential election is concerned. So Rochas may secure second term using APC but I bet you he can't deliver a Local Gocvernment to APC during presidential election.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by eldoradoxx: 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
alpha conde: I hope the legislators contesting will resign before the polls. Someone please clarify this.
Politicians are not civil servants under the employment of fed or state government that must resign not later than 30 days beffore an election to which they re contesting.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by alexchiny: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
software man:
i will jiggle your memory further. Dora picked up APGA membership card only a few weeks to the senatorial election just like Soludo did last week.
You did not respond to my assertion that obi is a completely unprincipled politician who do not believe in his own party and its members and who will betray a oft repeated promise(to a zone and a political associate-obaze)at the drop of a hat.
I will wait for your response a little while before signing off.

And that made her a PDP member? huh? FYI, Peter Obi is more principled than all the South Western Governors put together. Not to mention the Okija shrine visiting Ngige.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by PointB: 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Ngige for Lagos State Gov 2015. Dayo and Co can make it happen.

Fresh Air

Inspired aspiration my dear. I will personally campaign for him should he seek to contest for Governorship of Lagos.

Oya Dayokano and bluetooth over to you. Since you love him more than us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

U.S Political Analysist: Are Africans Too Dumb To Develope? / Ibori Was Supporting Saraki And Dogara From Prison - Nwaoboshi / We Will Fix Refineries With Money Saved From Subsidy Removal - Timipre Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.