Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (193786 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by yommyuk: 3:27am On Nov 17, 2009
[b]The problem with CELESTIAL CHURCH started with OSCHOFFA the late founder. He allowed ungodly practices which became foundations and are now hard to change. especially after his death .I believe he was called of God, most Pentecostals may not agree with me, but hear me out.
In the days of the emergence of Cele, Africa was a dark continent and a den of idolatry practices . God needed a counter power. He began to call ordinary men. Farmers ,carpenters etc. Oschoffa was called in a spectacular way, with proof and mighty signs , He raised dead to life, Healed the sick. That was the best God could get from Africa .Many people were converted from idolatry to the church or to “Christ” but people soon began to desire physical things to put their faith on. So the church allowed “parallel truths” replica of truth and idolatry. Candle and eggs to replace animal sacrifice, incense and all to replace ritualistic worship, water cleansing to replace ritualistic bath. palm front crosses to replace chrm and armulet. Rules and laws like "touch not taste not." These were comfortable for the people of those days considering their background it wasn’t uncommon. The church began to build on suggestions, “inspiration, revelation and prophesy, There was a time of hope in the 60s when they used to have some bible classes, you must have your class card to be anointed , but all that stopped.
Whenever truth is rejected ,men go after false value, like Aaron building “golden calf” in the days of Moses, Roman catholism too was born by the introduction of roman idols, and chaplets into the church,
The word of God is our guide and judge. A man of God has to study the gospel to be sound. Miracles cant teach you the bible. Even prophecies are to be judged by the word, not by feeling or experience.
2 Tim. 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
You judge visions, you judge doctrines and discern by the word.

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

1 Cor. 14:29 says “ Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge”.
It is not everything Oschoffa received that was inspired by God. But anything goes where there is no soundness of teaching. In Celestial church there is or was no understanding of the difference between old testament and new. That is why most of the ritualistic deeds have their references in the Old testament laws. Now you may want to quote for me that there was reference to candle in the temple in book of revelation. but you must know that its cetainly npot refering to this wax candle stick made from fat but lampstands which was powered by annointing oil made from olive tree (ex 30:20) but i dont want to go into that now. For example Celes goes barefoot because God told Moses and Joshua to remove their shoe because the ground was holy ground. But jesus that we follow and Paul wore shoes even inside the holy temple. Do you follow Moses experience or Jesus .
Col. 2:20-23
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, [21] (Touch not; taste not; handle not; [22] Which all are to perish with the usingwink after the commandments and doctrines of men? [23] Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
Many in Cele today don’t understand what salvation is, though many really love God from their hearth but faith comes only by “hearing and hearing by the WORD”,
Paul commended the church that had bible study culture
Acts 17:11
, ” These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
In a nutshell “THE PROBLEM WITH CELESTIAL” is the foundation.
Oschoffa did a great job , he walked faithfully in the little light he had. Tb Joshua had similar call, Orimolade, even the founder of RCCG people not so educated but they gave room to improvement.
The entire structure of CELE has to change, if not ,people will continue in spiritual blindness ready to argue ready to defend and yet remain spiritual babies or even unsaved.[/b]

My brother, u have hit the nail on the head. GOD BLESS wink

I

2 Likes

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Joagbaje(m): 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2009
The above is pure lies and fantasies. . . , otherwise what is the basis of your assertions?. . the source of your misinformation?

If youre not yet covinced after reading my post there would be no reason trying to convince you.it only means one thing. You dont have the facility yet to understand truth and i will put you in prayers. The bible answered it all in Titus 3:9
    But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by noetic15(m): 11:09pm On Nov 21, 2009
Joagbaje:

The above is pure lies and fantasies. . . , otherwise what is the basis of your assertions?. . the source of your misinformation?

If youre not yet covinced after reading my post there would be no reason trying to convince you.it only means one thing. You dont have the facility yet to understand truth and i will put you in prayers. The bible answered it all in Titus 3:9
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

u ridiculously made baseless assertions and attempted to rope the bible into ur self conceived ignorance. . , . all to no avail.

Its not that I dont understand ur jejune and misplaced points, . . .its just that they hold no water.
what should I or anyone be convinced of, from what u have said? did u personally know oshoffa? were u there when he founded the church?
u come off here to present hear-says as fact and in ur foolishness think that readers are as stupid as u imagine, . . . , . .all u have presented above holds no water. . . please try again later.
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by PEACE6: 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2010
Judge kola oloye ,what you know nothing about you don't say and even the bible says thou shall not judge .i am not a celestial but i don't condemn them neither do i condemn any denomination,because in all the denominations have seen so far there is always a story to tell,celestial,winners,redeem,Pentecostals, just mention it.i am not surprised because,in the bible during the life of Jesus Christ himself ,there was story all kind of stuffs going on in the church ,all kind of doctrines e.t.c ,if you read you bible very well, there was a time Jesus had to turn the table upside down (that is he turned and rebuke some ungodly act going on in the church) .This is to tell you nobody nor any denomination is 100% righteous it is only by the Grace of God we can be counted righteous ,because if that could happen when Jesus was around even in his church,then why are you try to prove or claim some denominations are more righteous than some.About the candle , i was in the same shoes like you years back,thinking it is devilish or unbiblical but instead of condemning like you are doing, i went into the bible to see if there was any point in time when candle was used.In the bible candle signifies LIGHT or IMOLE ,it was used in several ways and for several purposes,when Jesus took Jeremiah on a vision on the structure of his sanctuary ,lighting of candles mentioned.i got a note book and i wrote out those most of the passages out ,and i realized candle signifies good meaning and purpose to God,although some people are misusing it,but that is not for me too judge ,because there is nothing God created (which is for good) that satan and his agents was not created a counterfeit.I believe God is a God of spirit ,he can chose whatever he want for the deliverance of his people or to strengthen their faith ,be it candle ,holywater ,cross,rosary,just mention it.So whatever direction he gives please follow ,whatever version he gives you carry it out and dint care what the society or other denomination thinks,he is the God that used the old prophet the way it suited him,he can used any body anyway he want it.Also be mindful of what you say so as not to discourage others or be an hindrance to where God had ordered them to or their breakthrough ,because you never know where God want to deliver each and everyone, or his purpose for anybody,but instead pray that God should shine his light and expose all evil doer manipulating the name of JESUS and hiding under Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by mamagee3(f): 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2010
Poster. . .
Don't you see anything bad about a group of people
on white garments and white berrets going barefooted and saying some loud
gibberish nonsense
. undecided

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by PEACE6: 8:13pm On Feb 13, 2010
May God forgive us all,Oshoffa was not the one that allowed ungodlly practices ,as you stated at the begining,but have you ever read in the bible where Jesus told them to close the gate of the church against unbelievers,poor, witchcrafts or anybody,NO,because he knew salvation was for all,he was here to deliver here purpose to deliver the unbelievers and even the believers that were safe was only the grace of God.I agree that the denomination needs to adjust and be strict with some of their doctrines,because many liars are hiding under the name just like any denomination around the world,but it is just unfortunate that in our own part of the world it is rampant with the white garment.Redeem,Pentecostals ,winners ,catholics all have their own but white garment is the talk of the show now,who knows the next denominating,therefore let us work towards the salvation of our souls ,family and our community for now ,so that God can take us to the next level which could be the whole country,nation and the world
olabowale:

The Medical Doctors wear the Ninja thingy. No? Noetic, ma man, I didnt know. Now I see eveything clearly.

You know as i read the dialogues of the many sects of Kufr Christianity, I wonder if any of you believe the other will enter "heaven" since you dont deal in Paradise?

Very many roads lead to Christoan God, as long as they call themselves "Christians", regardless of what they thing Jesus is, in addition to him being a prophet, Messenger! Some believe he is son, other believe he is God, yet other believe like the Unitarians that he is just messenger prophet neither God nor Son!

Aburo O je jawo juro ni nu apon ti ko yoo, ko damila kaa noo!
yommyuk:

[b]The problem with CELESTIAL CHURCH started with OSCHOFFA the late founder. He allowed ungodly practices which became foundations and are now hard to change. especially after his death .I believe he was called of God, most Pentecostals may not agree with me, but hear me out.
In the days of the emergence of Cele, Africa was a dark continent and a den of idolatry practices . God needed a counter power. He began to call ordinary men. Farmers ,carpenters etc. Oschoffa was called in a spectacular way, with proof and mighty signs , He raised dead to life, Healed the sick. That was the best God could get from Africa .Many people were converted from idolatry to the church or to “Christ” but people soon began to desire physical things to put their faith on. So the church allowed “parallel truths” replica of truth and idolatry. Candle and eggs to replace animal sacrifice, incense and all to replace ritualistic worship, water cleansing to replace ritualistic bath. palm front crosses to replace chrm and armulet. Rules and laws like "touch not taste not." These were comfortable for the people of those days considering their background it wasn’t uncommon. The church began to build on suggestions, “inspiration, revelation and prophesy, There was a time of hope in the 60s when they used to have some bible classes, you must have your class card to be anointed , but all that stopped.
Whenever truth is rejected ,men go after false value, like Aaron building “golden calf” in the days of Moses, Roman catholism too was born by the introduction of roman idols, and chaplets into the church,
The word of God is our guide and judge. A man of God has to study the gospel to be sound. Miracles cant teach you the bible. Even prophecies are to be judged by the word, not by feeling or experience.
2 Tim. 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
You judge visions, you judge doctrines and discern by the word.

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

1 Cor. 14:29 says “ Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge”.
It is not everything Oschoffa received that was inspired by God. But anything goes where there is no soundness of teaching. In Celestial church there is or was no understanding of the difference between old testament and new. That is why most of the ritualistic deeds have their references in the Old testament laws. Now you may want to quote for me that there was reference to candle in the temple in book of revelation. but you must know that its cetainly npot refering to this wax candle stick made from fat but lampstands which was powered by annointing oil made from olive tree (ex 30:20) but i dont want to go into that now. For example Celes goes barefoot because God told Moses and Joshua to remove their shoe because the ground was holy ground. But jesus that we follow and Paul wore shoes even inside the holy temple. Do you follow Moses experience or Jesus .
Col. 2:20-23
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, [21] (Touch not; taste not; handle not; [22] Which all are to perish with the usingwink after the commandments and doctrines of men? [23] Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
Many in Cele today don’t understand what salvation is, though many really love God from their hearth but faith comes only by “hearing and hearing by the WORD”,
Paul commended the church that had bible study culture
Acts 17:11
, ” These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
In a nutshell “THE PROBLEM WITH CELESTIAL” is the foundation.
Oschoffa did a great job , he walked faithfully in the little light he had. Tb Joshua had similar call, Orimolade, even the founder of RCCG people not so educated but they gave room to improvement.
The entire structure of CELE has to change, if not ,people will continue in spiritual blindness ready to argue ready to defend and yet remain spiritual babies or even unsaved.[/b]

My brother, u have hit the nail on the head. GOD BLESS wink

I
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by PEACE6: 8:26pm On Feb 13, 2010
prof yommyuk, most of your conclusions are based on scripts reading,you dont judge or what people said or what you read from books,but pick the truth through the guidiance of holyspirit and the bible.if you read theology from now till tomorrow that is not the criteria for being righteous and knowing the truth.knowing the truth is through the word of God and inspiration of the holyghost,we all dont know the ways of God( we know that is thought towards us are of good),but we dont know the styles he want to use to get that done.There is forgiveness for every sins except for sin against the only spirit, because you do not know nor was it revealed to you what was transpired to oshoffa,therefore mind what you say.work on your own salvation .you guys shd just pick another topic because non of us is righteous enough to fight for God.God can fight the battle himself.Ignorant people
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by eli09: 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2010
i  m proudly celestial.for u dat re saying rubbish,u go meet God for front.be careful with ur tongue.

2 Likes

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by SSaemoenl(m): 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2010
If na CELE, My dead body no go fit enter there self, {.No apology pls}  shocked "Mamamia, Che Paura" as an italian will say
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Akanniade(m): 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2010
eli09:

i m proudly celestial.for u dat re saying rubbish,u go meet God for front.be careful with your tongue.

Am actually amused when I hear christains say, am proudly this and that. Please read your bible, your were called and saved by christ. Not by Oschoffa, Adeboye, Kumuyi, etc.
Now to the question. The problem with Celestial is same as that affecting pentecostals today; Worldliness, people have lost focus of xtianity. leadership tussle is a big issue. Different Wolis proffessing to be called of God giving contradicting message on who ought to lead. one was even proffessing to have been given a message by oschoffa himself. If that is not necromancy waht is. Cele takes pride in ise i.e message. There is always a penchant to see the future, as such the church is a fertile ground for scammers and agents of satan in white garment.
As for you poster, I dont understand why you ask the question you already know the answer but choose to ignore. Stop preaching cele, preach christ. If your motive is have the same kind of publicity the RCCG, CEC etc enjoy, you are wasting your time. majority find cele disagreeable. Even T.B Johua had to clean up his acts to have good t.v audience grin grin

Shalom
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by yommyuk: 9:53pm On Jul 18, 2010
Stop preaching cele, preach christ

Absolutely. cool

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:25am On Jul 21, 2010
[size=13pt]And who the heck you think is Christ. . . .huh

i hiss. . . . .tschewwwwwwwwwwww! sad sad sad talk better thing jare! wink
[/size]

yommyuk:

Stop preaching cele, preach christ

Absolutely. cool
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by eli09: 2:29am On Jul 21, 2010
to akkanniade or wetin u dey call ursef,i can see u are good at talking but u re entitle to ur own opinion,proudly celestian and as for the other person talking that ur dead body no go enter the church we no want dead pple for celestian church we want pple who wont criticise any church and that has good relationship with God.it is good to be a celestian.pple wey want to dey run mouth re free.
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by yommyuk: 6:07am On Jul 21, 2010
@eli09

Christ is my Lord and Savior cool

Even though u dont know him as yours, his love for u is unconditional untill the day of judgement when he will come as the Lion of Judah.
So you better be ready.
No be water or flood this time around o! Na FIRE O!
Make u no say dem no warn u o cry
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by eli09: 6:31am On Jul 21, 2010
who tell u say we dont know christ in my church,na u and all ur family go go hire fire.what is it about celestial church sef.leave us alone and let us see who will go to hell fire. and remember dont judge so that u shall not be judged.ire ooooo,haleluyah meje

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Akanniade(m): 11:36am On Jul 21, 2010
eli09:

to akkanniade or wetin u dey call ursef,i can see u are good at talking but u re entitle to your own opinion,proudly celestian and as for the other person talking that your dead body no go enter the church we no want dead pple for celestian church we want pple who wont criticise any church and that has good relationship with God.it is good to be a celestian.pple wey want to dey run mouth re free.

Jesu ye titi aye
mi ko ni yese
Jesu ye titi aye
mi ko ni yese
gege bi igi to duro leba odo
odo o, mi ko ni yese

Gbadura fun mi baba,ma jeki nse o
Gadura fun mi omo ma je kin se o
nigabti esu ba gbe adanwo re de
re de o ma je kin se o

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by yommyuk: 1:48am On Jul 22, 2010
@eli09

I have to apologise. My last post should not have been referenced to you. My mistake. sad

It was for @Ogaga4Luv who was asking "who the heck is Christ" angry

Halleluyah Meje! Hossanah Meje! Ebenezer Meje! wink
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by eli09: 6:13am On Jul 22, 2010
@yommyuk ok then my brother,we be family na.haleluyah ooooo,leave haters make them dey run mouth
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by NOWORRIES: 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2010
@ yommywuk

. Oschoffa was called in a spectacular way,

PLEASE TELL US

WAS IT THE MONKEYS HE SAID GAVE HIM THE VISION?
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by NOWORRIES: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2010
CELE IS NOT OF GOD ITS A DEN OF DECEPTIONS

ALL THE MANIFESTATIONS AND WORK OF DEVILS ARE PRACTICE IN THAT ORGANISATION MAY GOD DELIVERANCE VISIT YOU.
PEOLPE ARE TOLD TO BRING PICTURES FOR WORK
DRINK RAW EGG
BATH IN DUG OUT HOLES
BATH IN THE RIVERS

WHAT SORT OF WITCHCRAFT IS THIS THAT YOU CALL CHURCH
WHAT MAKE THE WOLLY WOLIES
AND SUPERIOR EVANGELIST AND PROPHETS AND PROPHETESS DIFFERENT FROM WICTH DOCTORS

CELE IS NOT JUST BAD IS VERY BAD DEMINIC AND DANGEROUS

IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by akacoded: 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2010
, really and truly im not here to preach church but the truth must be told still, as xtians we are expected to follow Christ and eventually be like Him, as xtians if Christ is not the solid rock on which we are standing,then we standing on a sinking sand,

i speak from my experience of the celestial church that their faith is not based WHOLLY on Christ, ask most celestial members why they in the church and im sure 90% of their reply will be how problems of this and problems of that brought them to the church,

how can one explain the issues of colored candles in worship of God?how can one explain the issues of not wearing a foot wear because of religion?, how can one explain the faith in the use of black soaps as against faith in prayers to God thru Jesus? if the Bible which is the mirror for a xtian to see himself is adhered to,i dont think one will make statements like proudly celestial,

i appreciate the question you have asked because i believe it's born out of the war in your mind as regard the true form of worship and the the truth is,following the truth wholistically as against partly will set you free, God help you,

most members of cele do what they have to do because of their fear of witches/occults e.t.c instead of putting their faith in Christ,THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR LIFE, Peace rightly said that the problem of Cele is foundational but truth is,If the foundation is destroyed,what will the righteous do?, you are a cele member right now,you have to get out of that box to have a refreshing relationship with Christ, Blest!
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by yommyuk: 9:35am On Sep 30, 2010
@akacoded

Are u an ex member or non member? If you belong to the 1st category all I can say is your utterances is based on ignorance. However if you belong to the latter group then surely u cannot and never be a true follower of christ.

Can you truly and honestly say that the tenants of the church  allows the use of COLORED candles and BLACK soap? Has this colored candle EVER being lit on the altar of worship before? Are u saying u do not understand the concept behind the non wearing of shoes? I implore u to read you bible and seek facts.

Remember this adage? "All of us kneel down the same accordily, but our requests are all different" Yeah u right! Some come for fear of witches, Some come becos of one problem or the other. What is wrong with that. If you were a true follower of christ while you were a member of the church you should remember Hymn 176  Vs 1 "The Father from heaven has authorized that the whole world must tremble before the  Celestial church from above(Heaven). The fold that will purify the world. witches and wizards will all tremble beneath this new power divine"

Surely we have bad eggs. And God is dealing with them in his own way. However as long as Christ is your anchor and rock, the AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR LIFE, YOU will be like a tree planted by the riverbank whose leaves will never wither no matter what is going around you. WatCH your utterranceS bro. The eyes of the Lord is watching your works. It may be either good or bad. you will surely recieve your JUST REWARD
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by akacoded: 11:39am On Sep 30, 2010
, @ yommy,
are you denying the fact and truth that members of the celestial church of Christ use colored candles in their worship? now what is the concept behind not wearing shoes?from the wisdom God has free bestowed upon we His children,can you say Jesus Christ while on earth walked bare foot even to the synagogue?are you denying the use of black soap by your members?

you see i see you as a brother and im not saying all this to prove a point or to create an impression that i know it all,but if a brother sees another walking in the path of destruction and fails not to admonish him,then the blood of the brother is upon him, im not here to judge you or something but i believe fruit checking is all what we doing right here and right now,

if you OVERSTAND the real and true meaning of celestial,you will know the true meaning of the statement "the father in heaven has authorize the whole world to tremble before the celestial church from heaven", my brother i implore you to study the Bible.make it your compass for life, follow it wholly and not partly, obey what it says because that is where your treasure is.forget this ego you have about 'church' and follow the Word,

blessed are those that hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled, and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free, Get out of that box! and worship the Most High God in spirit and in truth for true worship is in the spirit and not in the flesh, forget about loyalty if it is not to God through Christ smiley, and God will bless you, SELAH!

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by foreignboy: 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2010
undecidedthey are wolves in sheeps clothing. embarassed
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by yommyuk: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2010
@akacoded

In my last post on this thread I asked u this question: are u a non celestial member or an ex member? I need this information to know how to deal with your concerns and know whether I am dealing with someone who has been in the "box" or a novice who does not have a clue.

In regards to loyality, bro u're absolutely right, my loyality is for christ based on the word of God. No doubt about that. cool
John 1:4-5
The Word gave life to everything that was created and his life brought light to everyone. That light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never extinguish it.
Now who are those who dwell in this  darkness we are talking about? Those who are in a state of being devoid of the light. In spiritual terms meaning spiritually blinded. Who are those who are spiritual blinded?  Those who lack spiritual discernment. Who are those who have spiritual discernment? Those who have the quality of being able to grasp and comprehend what is OBSCURE. What is obscure? That which is difficult to understand.

Do u get me bro? Answer the above question and if you seek knowledge, freely it was given to me and freely I will render it to you.
PEACE smiley
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by yommyuk: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2010
@foreignboy

are u talking from personal experience or just from hearsay? Are u a christian yourself? pls answer the following smiley
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by akacoded: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2010
, hmmmm, lol,  smiley you have said so many things and you have said nothing really and truly,  what does my being a member or an ex member of cele got to do with truth that you 'have' and want to share if you are not spiritually blind and can discern things spiritually like you claim

i have asked you some direct questions in my earlier post and direct questions needs/requires direct answers, you have not addressed the issues of the use of candles by members of your church that i ask of,  you have not addressed the use of black soaps,  you are playing hide and seek with questions asked and that is not the hallmark of someone that hunger for truth and righteousness,  you can't give what you don't have!

,  i pray for you now that the mind of Christ as manifested in Him while here on earth will manifest in you and through you in Jesus name, i don't want to believe that your replies in this post is borne out of argument for 'your church', you want food for your soul?read the Bible and study it to show yourself approve! maybe your challenge is that you read the Bible outta your own wisdom,knowledge and OVERSTANDING!, i implore you not to take the Bible as any other book you find on the shelve. Pray! for God to speak to you & reveal things to you and grant you the grace to obey what the Bible entails before reading it,

like i said earlier,people reading this page will like to be enlightened and schooled by YOU as regards modus operandi of your church and stop playing hide and seek by asking questions like if someone is or was a cele member or something because of your claim that 'you are not spiritually blind and can discern spiritual things',  i don't want to start digging deep into Celeism and all that because my prayer is for the advancement of God's kingdom and not the other way round,

i repeat, reply to the questions with facts and truths from the bible, SELAH!

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy
foreignboy:

undecidedthey are wolves in sheeps clothing. embarassed
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by yommyuk: 2:46am On Oct 01, 2010
If u refuse to answer my question, fair enough! I can only assume that you are a non member because of the lack of knowledge in your utterances and preceptions.

Nobody can deny the fact that bad pratices don't happen in CCC. That is common knowledge.but does that mean it is not forbidden by the Church. There are over 5 million CCC members worldwide, surely there must be bad eggs. Even among our Lord's disciples one showed up. Is such limited to CCC alone. The governments of this age advocate freedom of religion. So don't be suprised when you see or hear people worshipping a stone. That one no be news sad

Thanks for the prayer for the manifestation of God's revelation and encouraging me  to read the bible to show myself approved. God bless and I wish u the same. However this I already do. As a christian we are implored to pray without ceasing and ask according to God's will. WhY? because He always hears us. But I thank God because I know that he hears me in whatever I ask and I know that I have the requests which I ask from him - HALLELUA smiley

In regards to the "Modus operandi" of CCC. Waste of time! 80% of my post relating to CCC is all about Christ. CCC is just a Hub. You requested enlightment and Schooling? That u need and that I will offer.

Hebrew 5:9 states In this way, God qualified him(Jesus)as a prefect high priest, and he became THE SOURCE of eternal salvation for ALL those who OBEY him.  The son(Jesus) obeyed the Father(God), therefore we must be in complete submission to  Jesus. - True CCC members who adhere to this are also qualified and any other true believing Xtian.

Our aim as the body of CHRIST is to be in prefect unity, pressing forward into full prefections and prefecting our holiness in the fear of God. It is of great displeasure when Christians start arguing and engaging in senseless discussions that do not build the Kingdom of God. There are millions of faithful worshippers who are doing their bit to enhance the gospel of christ in whatever way the lord has called them in CCC. Do you want to become a stumbling block via vague statements.

The world was created as good, but the human world is hostile to God. The world itself is controlled by a darkness that cannot comprehend the light and resists the light. THe world is dead and needs life, yet it hates the  one who can save it which is CHrist our Lord. The world is under the dominion of satan(John 12:31), who will one day be judged.
But lets thank God who loves the world of humanity, despite its hostility and rebellion against him. Jesus died to take away the sins of the world but God's love for the world he created stands alongside his neccessary judgement of the world.Therefore it is not surprising when we who follow Christ experience the same tension in our mission. We are called into the world to bring the mesage of Gods's hope, but we experience conflict, because the world will be hostile to our message. Are u that world? sad BEWARE
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by akacoded: 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2010
yommy i dont know what you are fuming anout, answer the questions asked and thats all,
Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by Shinatu: 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
Poster, many have made some claims and you have told them they are ignorant, since they have never been part of the Celestial church and I agree with you.
Some  other people have narrated their personal experience in the Church, are you saying they are still ignorant?. I want to add my voice to those with some personal experience, my mother was a lace senior elder sister one thing one thing until I got rid of her Sutana.I was tired of,

-Do not wear red clothes
- do not eat snails
-do not eat palm oil
-do not come to church during your period
-u have to take a bath after your period to start coming to church
- tie crosses to a candle stick and put under your pillow
-drinking Miss Paris (perfume) and water
-'abo' and bathing at a T-junction in the middle of the night
- lying in the middle of lighted candles until they burn out

She has two siblings who are founders of Celestial churches in Ibadan and the regular 'ise' in those people's houses were typical of people in bondage not the 'he who the Son has set free, is free indeed' that I later came to know.John 8:36

Those 'ise' as far as I am concerned are practices of spiritism and have nothing to do with the Holy spirit.

I remember a time when a lady approached a shepherd in a Cele church we were attending then to trap her boyfriend into marriage, the congregation later found the girl sleeping in the Shepherd quarters and got angry, I later found out that the reason for the anger was not because the girl came to the church for such a request but that the shepherd did the 'ise' to favour himself!
I remember asking my mother (I was in form 3) if God answered such prayers, even as young as I was I knew something was just not right

All founders of Cele branches I knew in Ibadan were polygamist, with two to three wives living in the Pastorium.
(I can mention their names and parishes but I choose to respect their privacy), some may not be alive now sef.

Well, as you have earlier mentioned , maybe those that I met were the bad eggs, but if that is so, combined with other people's experiences already mentioned on this thread, the bad eggs in the Cele Church are not 'few' at all!

Hebrews 7:18-19
For there is verily an annulling of the former commandment because of the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did, by which we draw nigh unto God.

We are not Judaist (not sure if that is the right word-pple who practice Judaism), we are [b]Christ[/b]ians.

1 Like

Re: Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ by folaski: 9:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
Nothing but the no shoes issue,river bathe for another mans wife or girls at puberty, location of church buildings, the secrete but exposed use of the demonic 6th & 7th book of 'moses', disguised fetish sacrifices and , You know the rest. Shine your eyes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.