Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Help! My Parents Are Adopting! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Parents Are Adopting! (3115 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2013

I've been the only kid for 19 years, so it came as quite the shock when my parents told me they were planning to adopt a kid. Now I'm not insecure or any thing of the sort, but I feel that this is seriously going to cramp my style!

I've got plans for my life, and baby-sitting ain't included. What's gonna happen when my parents die? I'm the one that's gonna be taking care of the guy and I don't want that responsibility. I need your input, guys.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Kanwulia: 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hmmmmm!!!

Like you know for sure you are gonna out-live both your parents and the child! grin

You be GOD? undecided

Mtcheeeeeeew!!!!

Shallow mind-set, with the most VAIN blemish!

At least we know for a fact that some 'forum members' QUENCHED before their parents AND GRAND-PARENTS!

Siddon for NL dey 'swell chest'!!!!

All the best!!!! kiss

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
Kanwulia: Hmmmmm!!!

Like you know for sure you are gonna out-live both your parents and the child! grin

You be GOD? undecided

Mtcheeeeeeew!!!!

_

I tend to have a realistic disposition to things (I've been told so, at least); everybody dies eventually. All my father's siblings are dead, one of my mother's siblings too. In as much as I don't want anything to happen, I always prepare myself for the worst. Now back to my topic.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Kanwulia: 9:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
Good luck to you!
Your parents are living their lives, please go and live yours!
Perhaps, if they had total faith in you. . . . . A BABY FARM WOULD HAVE BEEN THE LEAST OF THEIR PLANS!!! lipsrsealed

Just saying. wink

Make it a pleasurable experience for ALL by being supportive!!! SIMPLE!!!
Especially, since you have no surviving siblings.
I would be happy!!!! kiss
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by k2039: 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
So you are 19, you are still a small boy o.

You have to wait for them to die, Just pray the live very long, that's all.

Go and make money and raise your own family.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
Read a thread where ur sexuality was been questioned in romance section.

They have to adopt since you are gay kiss....

They wanna have grand children in case you decide not to go that root, which u are already planning.

So, give them a break...

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by SisiKill1: 9:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
Simon! Simon! Dearest Simon!!

This is what you get when you invoke the name of the great PTB (Illuminati) carelessly!!

They always find a way to getcha!

Pucker up, hotshot....you gon be Big Brother now kiss kiss

I know it's a little unorthodox but hey life will be boring if we always do the expected, so....

The Very first E-Baby Shower for a Soon to be Big Brother!!

My Gift to you!! cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f087CNDNtY

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Simon! Simon! Dearest Simon!!

This is what you get when you invoke the name of the great PTB (Illuminati) carelessly!!

They always find a way to getcha!

Pucker up, hotshot....you gon be now Big Brother kiss kiss

I know it's a little unorthodox but hey life will be boring if we always do the expected, so....

The Very first E-Baby Shower for a Soon to be Big Brother!!

My Gift to you!! cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f087CNDNtY

_

WAT
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by SisiKill1: 9:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
Lol...Aww, you poor thing. cheesy

Look at this way, you will be leaving for Uni soon (if you aren't already) so you don't have to deal with the nitty gritty.

And don't worry, Momma and Dad are gonna live very very very very long lives (Amen)
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
Kanwulia: Hmmmmm!!!

You be GOD? undecided

Mtcheeeeeeew!!!!

At least we know for a fact that some 'forum members' QUENCHED' before their parents AND GRAND-PARENTS!

Siddon for NL dey 'swell chest'!!!!

All the best!!!! kiss

Kanwulia: Good luck to you!
Your parents are living their lives, please go and live yours!
Perhaps, if they had total faith in you. . . . . A BABY FARM WOULD HAVE BEEN THE LEAST OF THEIR PLANS!!! lipsrsealed

Just saying. wink

Make it a pleasurable experience for ALL by being supportive!!! SIMPLE!!!
Especially, since you have no surviving siblings.
I would be happy!!!! kiss

On point!

Na wa for this OP.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Lol...Aww, you poor thing. cheesy

Look at this way, you will be leaving for Uni soon (if you aren't already) so you don't have to deal with the nitty gritty.

And don't worry, Momma and Dad are gonna live very very very very long lives (Amen)
_

Will be graduating soon, but that ain't the point. They have this twisted reasoning that they're doing it for me (whatever that means). I don't need a sibling to bog me down. I perform better on my own, it's a tested and proven fact.

They think that maybe this will keep me from "running off abroad".
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by SisiKill1: 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
Lol...Please go easy my Simon, 19 years being an only child and suddenly gets hit with the news of a sibling? It's bound to throw him for a loop. I'm sure once he gets over his initial shock, he's gonna come around.

Lord knows many of us probably didn't react well when we were told we would be getting a younger sibling ( I know I didn't angry ) and the timing in between wasn't this far off.

Oh Simon, forgot to add....wet tissues, make sure you have loads of it and no whites, better get used to brown and black. You'll thank me later (Okay now, I'm just yanking your chain Lol) cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by demelza: 9:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
Im guessing your parents figured since you are slowly moving out, its time for them to get another responsibility. Quit being selfish and support them even though it may be hard for you, what with you getting all the attention for a long time.
You can start by learning how to change diapers tongue
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by RoyalRoy(m): 9:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
Woww...Simon....you really 19?

Well, u make meaningful & matured opinions on nairaland!!!
Guess u are a matured 19yrs old niccur!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't worry Simon, they just need someone to keep them company while u are gone away to school & things!!
Or u jealous someone is gonna be sharing ur Pop & Momma with u after a long while?
See it as a chance to "groom" someone into what u want a man to be!!!
Don't start thinking of what happens in the long run when Pop & Mom pass on!!
Always be positive about life!!!!
Cheers SimonAndal......the niccur with the Red Fonts

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Lol...Please go easy my Simon, 19 years being an only child and suddenly gets hit with the news of a sibling? It's bound to throw him for a loop. I'm sure once he gets over his initial shock, he's gonna come around.

Lord knows many of us probably didn't react well when we were told we would be getting a younger sibling ( I know I didn't angry ) and the timing in between wasn't this far off.

Oh Simon, forgot to add....wet tissues, make sure you have loads of it and no whites, better get used to brown and black. You'll thank me later (Okay now, I'm just yanking your chain Lol) cheesy
_

WAT
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by SisiKill1: 9:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

Will be graduating soon, but that ain't the point. They have this twisted reasoning that they're doing it for me (whatever that means). I don't need a sibling to bog me down. I perform better on my own, it's a tested and proven fact.

They think that maybe this will keep me from "running off abroad".

Dude, relax yourself!!!!

No one is gonna leave a child in your care...at least not yet. cheesy cheesy
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by HezronLorraine(m): 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
If anyone told me my parents would adopt two korean boys last year,I'd have said its a big lie.I've always been the only one up till they sent pictures of the new family additions to me.

Wow,I was stunned,I found it hard to adapt to the new changes that I was having younger ones.
In my own case I didn't worry bout baby-sitting anyone since the whole adoption was done in the states,but I had to get used to the mentality that I'm now responsible to those little boys no matter what.come what may,they're my brothers and would always remain that way.

The fact that I had some personal issues again with my dad prompted him to speed up the adoption.
Afterall,I was relieved to have them,am proud of them anyday anytime.this year january,I had them with me all through their stay here.people were always confused how we are blood-related,cos the race is evident on their face.

What I'll tell you is chillax,with time you'll loosen up to the idea of having an adopted brother.
U necessarily don't have to be the diaper changing elder brother,don't feel urs is a sorry case or your parents have lost interest in u,the adoption only balances the equation for them.
It is left to you to become a part of his life.to be that big brother he'll always look up to.treat him like his your own don't ever see the blood as a factor.

U will adapt to it,just grow the love to support your parents even if you really don't get why.stand by them.be there for the new one.give your parents every reason to be amazed at how well you welcome the idea.

My parents always wanted more kids but nature was just not on their side after they had me.the fact that they adopted the twins didn't mean they replaced my love in their hearts.I'm still as important as the new ones would be.the. Way my parents planned it all just further gave me joy that lesser children in hopelessness.the fact that they are of different race showed me to accept everyone irrespective of their race,status or origin and I've learnt to stop holding prejudice against people that don not conform with my ideologies.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
Royal Roy: Woww...Simon....you really 19?

Well, u make meaningful & matured opinions on nairaland!!!
_

When I'm not trolling.

Or u jealous someone is gonna be sharing ur Pop & Momma with u after a long while?
_

You couldn't be more wrong. Normally I wouldn't have cared either way, but I feel they're doing it for all the wrong reasons.

See it as a chance to "groom" someone into what u want a man to be!!!
_

I'm still a kid (yes, I'm playing that card), I don't wanna groom anybody. Not yet, at least. Maybe when I'm 30.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by demelza: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

When I'm not trolling.

_

You couldn't be more wrong. Normally I wouldn't have cared either way, but I feel they're doing it for all the wrong reasons.

_

I'm still a kid (yes, I'm playing that card), I don't wanna groom anybody. Not yet, at least. Maybe when I'm 30.
How in the world will your parents leave the baby for you to groom? We arent talking about a dog here. Besides with you about to go find your feet in the world, you will hardly be at home for the supposed "grooming".
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: It is left to you to become a part of his life.to be that big brother he'll always look up to.
_

That's the problem right there. He's not gonna be my kid brother, he's my parents' ace. They're gonna use him to "tie me down". My dad, like I said before, no longer has any siblings, and they don't get along with my mum's remaining siblings. I'm the one that's gonna take care of the kid and that is a HUGE dent in my plans. This is their "fûck you" card.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
demelza:
How in the world will your parents leave the baby for you to groom? We arent talking about a dog here. Besides with you about to go find your feet in the world, you will hardly be at home for the supposed "grooming".
_

You don't know my parents. They've been playing chess with my life since Adam. This is their grand move. A kid I'm forced to stay back and take care of when they're gone.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by HezronLorraine(m): 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

That's the problem right there. He's not gonna be my kid brother, he's my parents' ace. They're gonna use him to "tie me down". My dad, like I said before, no longer has any siblings, and they don't get along with my mum's remaining siblings. I'm the one that's gonna take care of the kid and that is a HUGE dent in my plans. This is their "fûck you" card.
now I understand from your point of view.then u are in for a long-run if that's the case.still you gotta take it man.as long as you still have them around,he's part and parcel fo you.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by demelza: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

You don't know my parents. They've been playing chess with my life since Adam. This is their grand move. A kid I'm forced to stay back and take care of when they're gone.
Why are you so particular about their demise? Yeah you said you are being realistic but you are making it sound as if they could both plan to die so as to lock you down firmly. With you being 19, Im figuring your parents are still young and hopefully they have many more years to take care of your baby brother.
Dont you think you are slowly getting paranoid?
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
demelza:
Why are you so particular about their demise? Yeah you said you are being realistic but you are making it sound as if they could both plan to die so as to lock you down firmly. With you being 19, Im figuring your parents are still young and hopefully they have many more years to take care of your baby brother.
_

My parents ain't young oh!!! My dad's in his seventies.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
demelza:

Why are you so particular about their demise? you are making it sound as if they could both plan to die so as to lock you down firmly.

Good Observation.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

Now I see your point clearly now!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by demelza: 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

Ooops a daisy!
I now understand.
At this point I just think you should brace up to accept it since I guess you cant change their mind.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Skinni10ne: 10:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ur new sibling could be a blessing in disguise.
Ur fathers siblings are dead and ur mothers siblings are not around. He could be ur only family member in the future who will be there for u when u need help. U nvr know.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
Skinni10ne: Ur new sibling could be a blessing in disguise.
Ur fathers siblings are dead and ur mothers siblings are not around. He could be ur only family member in the future who will be there for u when u need help. U nvr know.
_

So I should concede to it because he "might" help me out one day? Sorry, but I don't deal in chance and what-ifs.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by demelza: 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

So I should concede to it because he "might" help me out one day? Sorry, but I don't deal in chance and what-ifs.
Erm... You obviously have no say in the matter. Conceding doesnt sound like a bad idea after all.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by baby124: 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
I smell a tinge of jealousy. Its not like they are begging you for money to take care of the child. They have been able to raise you without begging for 19yrs. Am sure they can make adequate provisions and take care of their baby even while they are gone. You just have to be big brother and devote time when the baby needs you. Relax, am sure you will enjoy him. cheesy. I will be doing same at your parents stage in life anyway. undecided
Re: Help! My Parents Are Adopting! by Skinni10ne: 12:19am On Aug 14, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

I didnt say u should accept him, thats up to u. In life there will always be obstacles, there will always be chances and what ifs. And one day u may need help. Thats life. All im saying is he may be there whether u accept him or not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beating Your Wife : How Mr Sule Physically Abused His Wife To Death / Dad Unknowingly Impregnated Daughter / How A Wife Lost Her 7 Months Old Pregnancy Because Of Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.