Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,604 members, 7,801,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu (31865 Views)

Atiku, Tinubu In Race For APC Bot Chair / Buhari Hosts Zuma To A State Banquet; Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu Joins / Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by chaloner(m): 12:19am On Aug 14, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has delivered what appears his most cynical but candid appraisal of Nigeria yet, speaking on Tuesday of a “cursed and jinxed” nation in a speech that also openly criticised his ex-deputy, Atiku Abubakar, and former governor of Lagos State, Bolq Tinubu, as “failed and corrupt”.

Obasanjo said Nigeria was probably “cursed and jinxed” since the country has for 53 years endured the misfortune of bad leaders, with none worthy of the commendation of Nigerians.

“The whole thing is not just about leadership,” he said. “If we talk about good leadership, you should also talk about good followers. If you talk about human right, you should also talk about human duties and obligations. It is sad that after 53 years of independence, we have no leader that we can commend. The problem in Africa is that when one person takes over, he would not see any good thing that his predecessor did. Let us condemn but with caution.”

He said if Nigerians were yet to commend a leader after 53 years of independence, “then we are jinxed and cursed; we should all go to hell.”

Obasanjo made the remarks in a keynote address at the 4th Annual Ibadan Sustainable Development Summit, organised by Centre for Sustainable Development, University of Ibadan, in collaboration with African Sustainable Development Network.

He categorised Atiku Abubakar, who worked with him for eight years, and Tinubu, as amongst the new generation of leaders who failed Nigerians because of corruption.

He also listed former governors of Bayelsa, Edo and Delta states, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, Lucky Igbinedion, and James Ibori respectively, in that category.

“We had some people who were under 50 years in leadership positions,” he said. “One of them was James Ibori, where is he today? One of them was Alamieyeseigha, where is he today? Lucky Igbinedion, where is he today? The youngest was the Speaker, (Salisu) Buhari; you can still recall what happened to him. You said Bola Tinubu is your master. What Buhari did was not anything worse than what Bola Tinubu did.

We got them impeached. But in this part of the world, some people covered up the other man. The man claimed he went to Government College, Ibadan, but the governor (Oyo State) went to Government College and packed all the documents so that they would not know that he did not go there. I wanted someone who would succeed me so I took Atiku. Within a year, I started seeing the type of man Atiku is. And you want me to get him there?”

Salisu is the former speaker of the House of Representatives who was removed from office for forging his academic certificates and claiming he attended the University of Toronto.

Alamieyeseigha was impeached and convicted for money laundering, while Igbinedion is also an ex-convict for same offense. Ibori is currently serving a jail term in UK prison for the same crime.

Obasanjo said only a little fraction of the younger generation of Nigerians criticising the current leadership, are themselves, better.

“Some of you who are condemning the leadership would get there tomorrow and it will be a different story. Only very few are actually good,” he said

http://telegraphng.com/2013/08/obasanjo-says-nigeria-is-cursed-slams-atiku-tinubu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

25 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by scribble: 12:21am On Aug 14, 2013
he is very funny. But obasanjo is as much as guilty as some of thecharacters mentioned in his speech.

Seeing as I'm first to comment which is a long time coming, do I make acceptance speech here?

I want to thank the mod for putting this topic on FP. Afam4ev may ur reign be long.

Also want to thank Seun for this his brainchild, Nairaland.

Finally the OP, without whom none of this would be possible.

Oh before I forget, gtbank for allowing me open an account on facebook in less than 10 minutes. God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 14, 2013
Pot calling kettle black is the right phrase to describe Obasanjo. Obasanjo is also a thief and deserves to die either by hanging or drowning.

Obasanjo stole $17 billion dollars meant for electricity. He was the President and Petroleum Minsiter for eight years. He sold TranCorp to himself and cronies. The list is endless.........

He almost truncated the democratic setting by trying to go for third term. Baba Ole!

34 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by kunlesehan(m): 1:53am On Aug 14, 2013
hmmmm ... the country is cursed; and you lived
this long to utter such gibberish?
Naaah this news must be fake. All farmers are
wise not to talk of a newly born again one at
that ... lol
Nigeria, my fatherland, may God bless those who
bless you, and cursed be those who curse you.
long live nairaland!
long live Nigeria!!

15 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 2:15am On Aug 14, 2013
Some shield their corrupt official and later declare them progressives and saints.

Olusegun Obasanjo:
He categorised Tinubu, as amongst the new generation of leaders who failed Nigerians because of corruption.

The youngest was the Speaker, (Salisu) Buhari; you can still recall what happened to him. You said Bola Tinubu is your master. What Buhari did was not anything worse than what Bola Tinubu did.

Salisu is the former speaker of the House of Representatives who was removed from office for forging his academic certificates and claiming he attended the University of Toronto.

[url]http://telegraphng.com/2013/08/obasanjo-says-nigeria-is-cursed-slams-atiku-tinubu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter/url]

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by lifestyle1(m): 9:34am On Aug 14, 2013
undecided
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Olucheye(m): 9:36am On Aug 14, 2013
Is OBJ high on cheap weed or some drugs True Nigeria maybe seem like being jinxed but 'HE(Obj) is at the peak of that Curse that has befell Nigeria since Democracy". Everything that has happened to Nigeria till date is directly or indirectly linked to him.

Mention the likes the Newly Social Media prolifigate, Alh. Atiku, his runaway son, the Pint-sized mallam El-rufai, the cassava beer drunk zoologist we have as President, errr.. Prof. Good_________?
The list is endless but this were the kind of people Obsanjo deemed fit to put the affairs of country into their hands. Then his sorry a*s after coming out of theological school is preaching doom for the Nigeria?

He should thank God the climes over here aren't sane enough if not, he should be cooling off in jail or be on his 'Broadway" to hell rather bossing around on the government property turned private he calls the Ota Aso-Rock!

Ditto to his 'Agbero People's Congress" leader Tinubu! Who in high heavens claim to want to lead the nation right with
- Controversial Birth stories.
- Controversial State/Town of origin
- Controversial Education background
- Controversial projects awarded to himself
- Controversial political marriage with APGA instead of Okorocha.
- Controversial Enrinching of personal bank accounts with state funds.

I'm Weak Biko........aint writing shii No More.

BOTTOMLINE; The Beautiful Ones aren't yet born! Those That will lead Nigeria right are still chilling in heaven with the angels. Most folks out there in the political scenery are just looking for the proverbial share of the National Cake.
**Dj please play me 'Control - Kendrick Lamar" Rap Just Got Better.... One plate of Nkwobi too biko**

12 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 14, 2013
is dis old man on drugs or something? what a farmer's ideology. you should be in jail you rogue

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by coogar: 9:36am On Aug 14, 2013
this OBJ is a fool - he's directly responsible for the hardship nigerians face today. without a shadow of any doubt, he's the most useless, worthless and idiotic president nigeria has ever had.

in a developed world, he would have been in prison.

12 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Lordave: 9:36am On Aug 14, 2013
coogar: this OBJ is a fool - he's directly responsible for the hardship nigerians face today. without a shadow of any doubt, he's the most useless, worthless and idiotic president nigeria has ever had.

easy, easy, easy buddy. I understand where you're coming from, but atleast, he's right about Abgero People's Congress (APC) leader Tinubu

38 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 14, 2013
obj
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 14, 2013
Ojb smh

Is he the one with the kidney prob

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Jaywilzee(m): 9:40am On Aug 14, 2013
Just asking.....was he not among d CURSED leader's

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 14, 2013
Its high time dis man go to his farm
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Okijajuju1(m): 9:40am On Aug 14, 2013
OBJ- Well Said my Nigga! Well Said!!

Of the 100% that daily criticize this country, only 5% are acutally better than those they criticize.. The rest are just Pharisees..

29 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Afroconnect: 9:41am On Aug 14, 2013
Mr Obasanjo PDP,the party you and your cronies formed is a curse to Nigeria,we know ACN don't have better politicians,but PDP is worse-filled with criminals,thugs and cultists.
Your class of politicians is a shame to Nigeria.
Pls return all the stolen loot before you die.
NIGERIANS WAKE UP,LET US BEGIN TO REJECT MYOPIC FOOLS AND ELECT CREDIBLE PEOPLE,instead these men go cause serious war and chaos in Nigeria with their bad leadership and na the people go bear the brunt.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by JOEizu: 9:41am On Aug 14, 2013
Follow me Purt. Oooo!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2013
Obj...
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by canalily(m): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2013
undecided OBJ remember that if you look up and spit, the saliva must surely pour back upon your face. You ruled your own curse for 8yrs remember?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by guvna(m): 9:42am On Aug 14, 2013
YOU ARE RIGHT SIR!

BUT THE UNFORTUNATE THING IS A LOT OF THESE USELESS, CORRUPT, DIRTY, UGLY THIEVES SPECIFICALLY LIKE THOSE NAMES YOU MENTIONED ARE FROM THE BAD COMMAND OF LEADERSHIP THAT ALSO STEMMED FROM YOUR PEERS SIR.

MAY GOD SAVE US FROM SELF AND WE FROM OUR OWN UGLY SELVES AND MAY GOD BLESS NAIJA WITH BETTER MORE MEANINGFUL LEADERS!!!!

AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by AnOlAd: 9:43am On Aug 14, 2013
Lmao in Swahilli... So he dey pain Baba Iyabo now, am so sure u wish u had done somethings better in ur tenure, when u have the opportunity leave a mark worth emulation..
At least u are no more in power and no matter the amount of money you have stalked up u will still suffer the basic trouble normal citizens are going through...

Shame Shame Shame On You All, Including U sir

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Youngzedd(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2013
OBJ isn't on his normal senses when he said Nigeria is cursed.

" He said if Nigerians were yet to commend a leader after 53 years of independence, “then we are jinxed and cursed; we should all go to hell.”"

OBJ is on weed I bet you.

He alone should go to hell not 'we'

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by ogunteluwo(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2013
Hmmmmm... Birds of the same feathers. I beg, I need to know the saints please.
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by wellmax(m): 9:44am On Aug 14, 2013
Hmmm, since he didn't vindicate himself, I agree with him, Nigeria hasn't had any credible leader.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by PrinzeElly: 9:44am On Aug 14, 2013
Baba Have Spoken!!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by obainojazz(m): 9:44am On Aug 14, 2013
we all know the regions where corrupt people come from.....hmm..naija,i hail thee
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Gigastar(m): 9:44am On Aug 14, 2013
Baba, fear God na
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by lanrezion01: 9:44am On Aug 14, 2013
God help Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by oderemo(m): 9:45am On Aug 14, 2013
this is a man that is in a sane society be 6 foot under, instead lecturing us abt cursed and jinxed.
obj, u 4got that 2xe u ruled this country. one under military the oda for 8yrs under militrocrasy.
u at a point in tym wanted to change the constitution to suit your ego for a 3rd term.
i can go on but i will stop.
just enjoy your loot till one day go be one day.
remember thou, there will be no peace until the last king is beheaded, so says the lord.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by ThankGodEdeh(m): 9:45am On Aug 14, 2013
The beautiful ones are not yet born.....Use your tongue to count your teeth. If the mantle of leadership falls on you, you may not be better than the ones you critized.
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by ayobase(m): 9:45am On Aug 14, 2013
coogar: this OBJ is a fool - he's directly responsible for the hardship nigerians face today. without a shadow of any doubt, he's the most useless, worthless and idiotic president nigeria has ever had.

Easy!
So fas so good, Obj is still my best president.

Everyone has his/her shortcomings!

OBJ indeed tried for Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Olastep1(m): 9:45am On Aug 14, 2013
I dey laff

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Leaving Abuja For G7 Summit In Germany. Photos / Civilian JTF Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists, Kill Many Of Them In Borno (Graphic) / Enugu Governor Come To Mike Ejeagha's Aid, Pays Bills For Everyone In Hospital T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.