Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Falling Down Under Anointing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Falling Down Under Anointing? (25850 Views)

Does Falling Under Anointing Suggests One Has An Evil Spirit? / Why Always Women Falls Under Anointing And Not Men? / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falling Down Under Anointing? by Glamglam(f): 9:13am On Aug 14, 2013
Please can someone shed more light on this topic. The church I attend, every anointing service, the pastor lays his hands on every single member of the congregation. Most people start falling. When I asked a deacon, he said they are falling under the anointing. I don't fall however Does that mean anointing no dey catch me? Lol.

Have you experienced this, are there any Biblical references on this topic. Please share.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Paulscholari(m): 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
Glamglam: Please can someone shed more light on this topic. The church I attend, every anointing service, the pastor lays his hands on every single member of the congregation. Most people start falling. When I asked a deacon, he said they are falling under the anointing. I don't fall however Does that mean anointing no dey catch me? Lol.

Have you experienced this, are there any Biblical references on this topic. Please share.
Thanks
Lol..o boy i dey laff o, this remind me of the church i went to last sunday, when it was time for the anointing impartation, o boy see hw the pastor dey hit head dey go, he gave me one hot slap on my forehead,come see as i stagger if to say he repeat dat slap, o boy na to fall o even without anointin, mak d slap no go repeat itself mak man no go provoke.lol.

17 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
The people that fire sat upon them on the day of Pentecost didn't fall. If these people are falling under laying on of hands, what will happen when fire sit on them like the day of Pentecost? Tell them to take the 'catchers' behind those falling away and let's see if they will continue to fall.

It's because they position catchers behind those falling that makes them continue to fall. If most of them without catchers fall and hit his\her head of the ground, they will learn self control in a hard way. The spirit of a prophet is subject to a prophet.

24 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Glamglam(f): 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2013
Goshen360: The people that fire sat upon them on the day of Pentecost didn't fall. If these people are falling under laying on of hands, what will happen when fire sit on them like the day of Pentecost? Tell them to take the 'catchers' behind those falling away and let's see if they will continue to fall.

It's because they position catchers behind those falling that makes them continue to fall. If most of them without catchers fall and hit his\her head of the ground, they will learn self control in a hard way. The spirit of a prophet is subject to a prophet.

Goshen sometimes, the 'catchers' fall too Oh!! It's strange to watch. I have noticed that there are regular people that tend to fall sha.

Previous comments said the pastor slapped his head lol! The pastor in my own church does not slap heads oh! grin

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ishilove: 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
I've fallen a couple of times. The feeling is indescribable smiley. It feels like powerful electricity volts. It jolts your spiritman and your physical senses gets scrambled and loses all cordination. The minister didn't even have to touch me; the power of God flowing through the our midst did the touching. I just staggered backwards, scattered all the chairs in my immediate sorroundings and fell yakata like small pikin.

There I lay, slain in the spirit, speaking in tongues and praising the Lord...hallelujah!!! cheesy

Ooookay, lemme not exaggerate... grin

I lay, a writhing mass, slain in the spirit for a couple of minutes. When I recovered, I dusted my body, staggered back to my seat and sat in sober silence for the rest of the service embarassed

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ishilove: I've fallen a couple of times. The feeling is indescribable smiley. It feels like powerful electricity volts. It jolts your spiritman and your physical senses gets scrambled and loses all cordination. The minister didn't even have to touch me; the power of God flowing through the our midst did the touching. I just staggered backwards, scattered all the chairs in my immediate sorroundings and fell yakata like small pikin.

There I lay, slain in the spirit, speaking in tongues and praising the Lord...hallelujah!!! cheesy

I lay, a writhing mass, slain in the spirit for a couple of minutes. When I recovered, I dusted my body, staggered back to my seat and sat in sober silence for the rest of the service embarassed

My dear, why is it that you can describe the physical effects...but not the spiritual or psychological effects?

Afterall, at that moment you are 'communing with the holy ghost'?

9 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by superior1: 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
The physical manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the Apostles on the day of pentecost was such that some of the Jews concluded the Apostles were drunk, Peter had to tell them they weren't (He even told them It was too early to drink so they could believe him this further proving there were signs of intoxication among the Apostles). A drunk man is likely to fall, stagger, shout, dance etc

Acts 2:12-13
12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? 13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

When you read Ephesians 5 vs 18
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit

You will see Paul making a statement that suggest it is possible to be drunk in the Holy Spirit

There are divers manifestation of the Holy Spirit, falling under the Holy Spirit is part of it(it doesn't however mean some ministers and members don't fake it. It also doesn't mean all falling can be ascribed to the Holy Spirit)

I have sat under ministration were men of calm nature (people who do not have any reason to want to fake anything) suddenly started laughing, jumping, falling etc. These are professionals who are not even members of the ministry!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ishilove: 8:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
jackbauersballs:

My dear, why is it that you can describe the physical effects...but not the spiritual or psychological effects?

Afterall, at that moment you are 'communing with the holy ghost'?
Like I mentioned, jack, it is very profound. I can't really describe it.

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Like I mentioned, jack, it is very profound. I can't really describe it.

You were hypnotised my friend...That's why you cannot describe it. lol
How can you be 'speaking in tongues' but cannot describe who or what you were communicating with?

I've attended shows where Grown men were hypnotized to believe they were chickens...and they actually squawked and clucked about on stage when a piece of music was played cheesy

Some people are more open to suggestion and subliminals....seems like you fall into that bracket...

That's good for me sha...meaning toasting you no go hard grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ishilove: 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2013
jackbauersballs:

You were hypnotised my friend...That's why you cannot describe it. lol
How can you be 'speaking in tongues' but cannot describe who or what you were communicating with?

I've attended shows where Grown men were hypnotized to believe they were chickens...and they actually squawked and clucked about on stage when a piece of music was played cheesy

Some people are more open to suggestion and subliminals....seems like you fall into that bracket...

That's good for me sha...meaning toasting you no go hard grin grin grin
Tsk tsk, jack... May God open your eyes...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ishilove: I've fallen a couple of times. The feeling is indescribable smiley. It feels like powerful electricity volts. It jolts your spiritman and your physical senses gets scrambled and loses all cordination. The minister didn't even have to touch me; the power of God flowing through the our midst did the touching. I just staggered backwards, scattered all the chairs in my immediate sorroundings and fell yakata like small pikin.

[quote author=Ishilove]I've fallen a couple of times. The feeling is indescribable smiley. It feels like powerful electricity volts. It jolts your spiritman and your physical senses gets scrambled and loses all cordination. The minister didn't even have to touch me; the power of God flowing through the our midst did the touching. I just staggered backwards, scattered all the chairs in my immediate sorroundings and fell yakata like small pikin.

I lay, a writhing mass, slain in the spirit for a couple of minutes. When I recovered, I dusted my body, staggered back to my seat and sat in sober silence for the rest of the service embarassed[/quot

God s GREAT grin
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Tsk tsk, jack... May God open your eyes...

Yet you cannot describe to me this great lucidity you now possess... grin

A blind woman describing the house in front of her to a deaf man...in a loud voice grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by An0nimus: 10:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
You will NEVER understand until it happens to you.

3 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
Please do not berate me when I tell my story , because though our experiences matched, I truly do not think it was of GOD.

I had the experience once and no one touched me, a lady was giving a testimony at UI about her deliverance from witchcraft after which we went into praise and worship, as I was praising GOD, i noticed my body full of electricity and gradually fell to the ground, was carried to the front of church.

If you ask me, in retrospect, I truly do not think this was godly, there were so many crazy experiences on campus those days.

Other than this experience, once in Kano and a few other vaguely remembered situations when the pastors tried to force me to fall under the 'anointing' , I dug my heels into the ground and refused to budge. grin

Experiences can be deceptive and misleading.

3 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 14, 2013
superior1:
There are divers manifestation of the Holy Spirit, falling under the Holy Spirit is part of it(it doesn't however mean some ministers and members don't fake it. It also doesn't mean all falling can be ascribed to the Holy Spirit)

I have sat under ministration were men of calm nature (people who do not have any reason to want to fake anything) suddenly started laughing, jumping, falling etc. These are professionals who are not even members of the ministry!!

Sorry , there is no evidence in scripture to prove that one of the manifestations of the Holy Spirit is falling down , if there is , please show me.

The Holy Spirit empowers for service not for show.

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2013
Goshen360: The people that fire sat upon them on the day of Pentecost didn't fall. If these people are falling under laying on of hands, what will happen when fire sit on them like the day of Pentecost? Tell them to take the 'catchers' behind those falling away and let's see if they will continue to fall.

Thanks Bro.

smiley
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 15, 2013

Wow! I have read and studied topics on the anointing. I have seen people fall in some meetings even with out being touched. Sometimes during prayers, other times during worship or during direct ministration. People can say its not real but i know it is. A christian can carry such anointing. The basic thing is can the person who desire such tarry in prayer?
@Ishi, God bless you. God's power is real, it is tangible. It is still for us and never faded away.

4 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 15, 2013
@Op, it is real. Though some people can fake it. But there abound some that when you see it, you just know this was not faked.
To understand it personally, go to your place of prayer. Or attend some Spirit filled meetings. Its real!

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Glamglam(f): 2:33am On Aug 15, 2013

shocked :O wow! Are you sure it's not my church this happened to you? Chairs scattering etc. That must have been painful. So did you feel closer to God after this encounter?

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Glamglam(f): 2:35am On Aug 15, 2013
superior1: The physical manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the Apostles on the day of pentecost was such that some of the Jews concluded the Apostles were drunk, Peter had to tell them they weren't (He even told them It was too early to drink so they could believe him this further proving there were signs of intoxication among the Apostles). A drunk man is likely to fall, stagger, shout, dance etc

Acts 2:12-13
12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? 13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

When you read Ephesians 5 vs 18
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit

You will see Paul making a statement that suggest it is possible to be drunk in the Holy Spirit

Thanks for the Biblical references here.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ishilove: 5:56am On Aug 15, 2013
Glamglam:

shocked :O wow! Are you sure it's not my church this happened to you? Chairs scattering etc. That must have been painful. So did you feel closer to God after this encounter?
Funny enough it isn't painful. The chair scattering part is as a result as a loss of control over your body. The 'catchers' are usually too far when it happens, so you are at liberty to scatter the chairs around you and trod on a few toes while you're at it tongue.

The temptation to remain 'slain' is there, but eventually, you slowly recover and you have no choice but get up. In my case, I felt shaken to my bone marrows on various occasions, and on one particular occasion, my hands vibrated non-stop for close to forty minutes. After that day, my spiritman was renewed and I felt like three women. However, the cares and troubles of this world distracted me and slowly supressed the fire...and you know the rest sad

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ishilove: 5:59am On Aug 15, 2013
idnoble135:
Wow! I have read and studied topics on the anointing. I have seen people fall in some meetings even with out being touched. Sometimes during prayers, other times during worship or during direct ministration. People can say its not real but i know it is. A christian can carry such anointing. The basic thing is can the person who desire such tarry in prayer?
@Ishi, God bless you. God's power is real, it is tangible. It is still for us and never faded away.
It is indeed real. I have seen it happen a lot during praise and worship. I can't explain: you have to experience it to fully appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by superior1: 6:01am On Aug 15, 2013
Ishilove:
Funny enough it isn't painful. The chair scattering part is as a result as a loss of control over your body. The 'catchers' are usually too far when it happens, so you are at liberty to scatter the chairs around you and trod on a few toes while you're at it tongue.

The temptation to remain 'slain' is there, but eventually, you slowly recover and you have no choice but get up. In my case, I felt shaken to my bone marrows on various occasions, and on one particular occasion, my hands vibrated non-stop for close to forty minutes. After that day, my spiritman was renewed and I felt like three women. However, the cares and troubles of this world distracted me and slowly supressed the fire...and you know the rest sad

Too bad about the distractions, have you a call into the work of the ministry?
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ishilove: 6:05am On Aug 15, 2013
superior1:

Too bad about the distractions, have you a call into the work of the ministry?
I have something, though I wouldn't go so far as to call it 'The Call'.

Distractions and oppositions. Let me stop there.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by UjSizzle(f): 6:23am On Aug 15, 2013

Funny enough you don't actually hit your head on the floor grin with or without 'catchers'. It's almost like you're flying....you fall light as a feather. Catchers are really not necessary, unless na just job description for dem since ushers don plenty tongue
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by superior1: 6:25am On Aug 15, 2013
Ishilove:
I have something, though I wouldn't go so far as to call it 'The Call'.

Distractions and oppositions. Let me stop there.

Well, well I perceive its more than just 'something' maybe it is good you start searching the mind of God about it and start living it(if you haven't already).

Isn't distractions one of the biggest tool of the devil? ( I have got some).

@Topic, while I do not accept just any teaching (I reject outrightly any extra biblical teachings) I think some Christians tend to feel they have known everything about the Holy Spirit and His workings (ridiculous). In their tiny mindset like that of Thomas unless I see am gangan or it happens to me nipato, it can't be.

Deut 29:29
29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ishilove: 6:29am On Aug 15, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Funny enough you don't actually hit your head on the floor grin with or without 'catchers'. It's almost like you're flying....you fall light as a feather. Catchers are really not necessary, unless na just job description for dem since ushers don plenty tongue
WORD grin
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 15, 2013
Goshen360: The spirit of a prophet is subject to a prophet.
I wont agree much with this in relation to the topic.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 15, 2013
frosbel: Please do not berate me when I tell my story , because though our experiences matched, I truly do not think it was of GOD.

I had the experience once and no one touched me, a lady was giving a testimony at UI about her deliverance from witchcraft after which we went into praise and worship, as I was praising GOD, i noticed my body full of electricity and gradually fell to the ground, was carried to the front of church.

If you ask me, in retrospect, I truly do not think this was godly, there were so many crazy experiences on campus those days.

Other than this experience, once in Kano and a few other vaguely remembered situations when the pastors tried to force me to fall under the 'anointing' , I dug my heels into the ground and refused to budge. grin

Experiences can be deceptive and misleading.
Frosbel did have an experience on this subject? This is wonderful! grin Glory to God!

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by tobechi20(m): 9:47am On Aug 15, 2013

me think u were possesed

2 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ishilove: 9:53am On Aug 15, 2013
tobechi20: me think u were possesed
It takes one to know one...

2 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:02am On Aug 15, 2013
Ishilove:

eish ya neh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Created God? / Service Of Songs For Eunice Olawale In Abuja / Three Midgets Dance Happily And Sing Praises In Church (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.