Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,378 members, 7,781,059 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:12 AM

Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry (1497 Views)

Huawei P8 A New Dimension In Smartphone / Blackberry Goes Up For Sale After Years Of Struggle In Smartphone Market / New Smartphone Market Thrives In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by kulex2k1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
Microsoft's Windows Phone grabbed third place from BlackBerry in global smartphone shipments in the first quarter, market researcher IDC said Thursday.

Over the same period, BlackBerry saw its fortunes fall. Last quarter, shipments fell to 6.3 million from 9.7 million in the year-ago quarter, while BlackBerry's market share dropped to 2.9 percent from 6.4 percent.
Windows Phone posted the largest gain among all operating systems, a feat largely due to Nokia, IDC said in its report. The Finnish phone maker was responsible for 70 percent of all Windows Phone shipments last quarter. Since partnering with Microsoft, Nokia has shipped a total of 20.3 million Windows Phone handsets. Other vendors also offer Windows Phone devices but mostly as an alternative to their mainstay Android phones.
"Windows Phone claiming the third spot is a first and helps validate the direction taken by Microsoft and key partner Nokia," IDC analyst Kevin Restivo said in a statement. "Given the relatively low volume generated, the Windows Phone camp will need to show further gains to solidify its status as an alterative to Android or iOS."
Despite the boost for Windows Phone, Google's Android and Apple iOS operating systems still completely dominate the smartphone landscape.
Android phones saw shipments of 162.1 million last quarter, up from 90.3 million for the prior year's quarter. Market share climbed to 75 percent from 59.1 percent.
Apple shipped 37.4 million iPhones in the first quarter, up from 35.1 million, though its slice of the market dropped to 17.3 percent from 23 percent.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57584784-94/windows-phone-jumps-to-third-place-in-smartphone-market/

Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by mannobi(m): 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57584784-94/windows-phone-jumps-to-third-place-in-smartphone-market/[/url][/quote]
Not surprised at all. Even we for naija love nokia.
ANYWAY, FIRST TO COMMENT......
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by Koolmexxi(m): 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
*Singing in d popular gospel tune**
*I am seeing, seeing,
d downfall of bb..
glory to androids..
glory b to iphones..
I am seeing, seeing,
d downfall of bb..
Glory b to God amen...**...
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by Skillz4u(m): 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2013
#team Android all the way

1 Like

Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by Lagusta(m): 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
If its not an android........

If its not ios...........

If its not windows..............

Then its NOTHING!!!!!!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by emekaanijah(m): 9:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
y waste dis much space dude

hmmmmmm.......

Lagusta: If its not an android........

If its not ios...........

If its not windows..............

Then its NOTHING!!!!!!!!! angry
y waste dis much space dude

hmmmmmm.......
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by LordReed(m): 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
^^^ And you joined in the space wasting.

1 Like

Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
i remember not 6 months ago...... all those folks who would post about how BB are the "best for nigeria"
"im loving my bb" etc etc.

i guess now they migrated to........ grin grin grin wink
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by wheesin(m): 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
BlackBerry i feel for you... Bt its over... Android has come to stay.... But am still surprised seeing babes with their bbs still posing and shakaraing
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by delikay4luv: 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
team#Android
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by LordReed(m): 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
4llerbuntu: i remember not 6 months ago...... all those folks who would post about how BB are the "best for nigeria"

Tecno! Tecno!! Tecno!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by PrinzeElly: 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
BLACKBERRY is A Gadget meant for Mature Minds....ANDROID Is A Toy For Young Minds Who are Game/Apps Freak.....IPHONE is also a toy that is unnecessary Expensive...#My 1 Pounds#
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
Team windows!
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
Prinze Elly: BLACKBERRY is A Gadget meant for Mature Minds....ANDROID Is A Toy For Young Minds Who are Game/Apps Freak.....IPHONE is also a toy that is unnecessary Expensive...#My 1 Pounds#
even vulcanizer wey dey my area owns a blackberry, whats ur point? u know wetin dem dey call blackberry for now? pure water. blackberry only trips secondary school kids and ediots now because dey want to ping #My 2 Pounds#

1 Like

Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by Lagusta(m): 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
Prinze Elly: BLACKBERRY is A Gadget meant for Mature Minds....ANDROID Is A Toy For Young Minds Who are Game/Apps Freak.....IPHONE is also a toy that is unnecessary Expensive...#My 1 Pounds#

but why are you embarassing yourself like this nah......

I use an android, and i dont play games to that extent, but i have some powerful apps that changed my life for better
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by PrinzeElly: 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
9jadelta: even vulganizer wey dey my area owns a blackberry, whats ur point? u know wetin dem dey call blackberry for now? pure water. blackberry only trips secondary school kids and ediots now become dey want to ping #My 2 Pounds#
Shift Go sit down for one corner make I see better Person for Front,Come My Area come See how Almajari dey Pose with techno Androids and even HTC...If am talking BB am talking Z10,Q10,and other BB10....Apart From Apps and Games[which BB have to some extent],what other thing is Special about Android?talking about pinging,If pinging easy Make Android do am.
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by DeeOneBangin: 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2013

Bros why u dey fall men hands nah......
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by DeeOneBangin: 7:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
4llerbuntu: i remember not 6 months ago...... all those folks who would post about how BB are the "best for nigeria"

iOS
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by PrinzeElly: 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
Lagusta:

but why are you embarassing yourself like this nah......

I use an android, and i dont play games to that extent, but i have some powerful apps that changed my life for better
Hey!!! no body is embarassing Himself Here!talk true assuming most apps in BB is Free,will You be going crinkum-crankum[hehehe]on Android...Haba Guy if You hold Blackberry you feel that aura of Maturity and Confidence Sourrounding You...Android is Good[apps and Games]but BB is better[Apps,BBM,BIS(imagine the Amount one Spend on browsing with Android),Email and otherwise]
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by PrinzeElly: 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

Bros why u dey fall men hands nah......
Expantiate
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by DeeOneBangin: 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
Prinze Elly: BLACKBERRY is A Gadget....ANDROID Is A Toy .....IPHONE is also a toy
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by EMERITUS85(m): 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2013

hey! I know your type. #people that brags with phone. ok you know better than white people that does the ranking. tell me something " after pinging what else? accept the fact that your blackberry is a scrap. blackberry is a failed company. imaging building Skype features on their high end bb when common tecno n3 can Skype (low end android for that matter) when almighty bold 5 cannot even go near it.

bro blackberry is the past android/ios is the future so upgrade and start enjoying life in gadget world unless you are too old for advance technology.

even high class chicks dont trip for bb again.

if you want flashy mature device as you said galaxy s4/iPhone 5 has it all

thats all

1 Like

Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by PrinzeElly: 9:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
EMERITUS85:

hey! I know your type. #people that brags with phone. ok you know better than white people that does the ranking. tell me something " after pinging what else? accept the fact that your blackberry is a scrap. blackberry is a failed company. imaging building Skype features on their high end bb when common tecno n3 can Skype (low end android for that matter) when almighty bold 5 cannot even go near it.

bro blackberry is the past android/ios is the future so upgrade and start enjoying life in gadget world unless you are too old for advance technology.

even high class chicks dont trip for bb again.

if you want flashy mature device as you said galaxy s4/iPhone 5 has it all

thats all

You Know My type-F9 for that......(2)After Pinging, BIS follows-F9 for that again......(3)calling Techno N3 Ordinary A1 Coparing it with BOLD 5 F9.....(4)Even High class Babe don't trip BB Again F9...(5)Upgrade and start enjoying Life F9

1 Like

Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by encryptjay(m): 3:53am On Aug 16, 2013
Prinze Elly: You Know My type-F9 for that......(2)After Pinging, BIS follows-F9 for that again......(3)calling Techno N3 Ordinary A1 Coparing it with BOLD 5 F9.....(4)Even High class Babe don't trip BB Again F9...(5)Upgrade and start enjoying Life F9
Friend, are you aware that BBM will be available on android platform next month? If you are, kindly shut up. Blackberry is just a noisy phone for delusional minds. BB is not that popular in Asian countries with their high population. These days, people prefer androids and tabs to PCs not BB. Don't you get tired of pressing keys? The sooner you realise that android is taking over, the better for you.
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by Koolmexxi(m): 8:14am On Aug 16, 2013
Who's dis kid??
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by DeeOneBangin: 8:17am On Aug 16, 2013
Prinze Elly: You Know My type-F9 for that......(2)After Pinging, BIS follows-F9 for that again......(3)calling Techno N3 Ordinary A1 Coparing it with BOLD 5 F9.....(4)Even High class Babe don't trip BB Again F9...(5)Upgrade and start enjoying Life F9

Too many kids on Nairaland these days..... This is just so dumb.
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by Youngpo413: 11:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
LordReed:

Tecno! Tecno!! Tecno!!! cheesy cheesy
xiaomi!
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by Flytime: 11:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
This comments are funny looking back on how BB was for the big boys then like the guy called a child above said
iPhone was for the rich ones
Android for those who love games

I imagine what the future holds
Re: Windows Phone Jumps To Third Place In Smartphone Market, Beating Blackberry by Incredible128: 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2020
PrinzeElly:
BLACKBERRY is A Gadget meant for Mature Minds....ANDROID Is A Toy For Young Minds Who are Game/Apps Freak.....IPHONE is also a toy that is unnecessary Expensive...#My 1 Pounds#
see comment grin, life has changed o! Chai! dis life no balance grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Android Launchers To Refresh Your Home Screen / Urgent!!! How Can I Change My "ITEL 1403+" IMEI? / How To Create New Plmn On Galaxy S6- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.