Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? (37258 Views)

Staying Back After NYSC / Getting Job After NYSC: How Long Is Too Long? / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by kemzole(f): 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
14 months exactly after POP,It was so full of worries. Today is ​M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ first day @ work.I'm still looking for greener pastures though

3 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Phikom(m): 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
Revolva: grin grin i dont need a job just give me capital..n leave the rest to me to hussle
correct
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by brownbriggs(m): 9:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
21 working days without personal contact, just God's help
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Emmysteve(m): 9:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
Perky89: U GUYS SHOULD APPLY 4 LOAN NAW...HAV U 4GOTTEN ABT D NYSC FOUNDATION STUFF
That scam things ?
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by ignis: 9:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
Am currently doing my service now.
I don't pray to look for job.

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
zelexotunla: Over 2 months now and yet still looking up to God for a miracle. Just getting tired and bored with many bad thoughts and the worst part of it my gurl come worst am for me go engage with someone else. God dey sha

Ignore her, get work first. I only started getting interested in them as an employee and they will be the ones running after you.

It took 11months for me to get my first job after NYSC.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Emmysteve(m): 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
Peter boy: one year and 2 months and still searching

i nearly cried after an interview with a company, the manager of the company said that am most qualified for the job but they can only aford to pay me 12k per month

i looked at the man,looked at my certificate, i remembered all the suffering i encountered during my NYSC days in Benue State and tears started rolling down
tears almost rolled out of my eyes after reading this post. God dey sha
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Emmysteve(m): 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
ignis: Am currently doing my service now.
I don't pray to look for job.
hope you are saving, we are in the same shoe

2 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
Harvardminds: Have you heard about the YouWIN Program, a Federal Government FREE Grant Business Plan Competition aimed at supporting young entrepreneurs between ages 18 and 40 start up a business, or expand an existing one with a free grant sum of between #1million to #10million? The very last edition of the program is to start this month which is going to produce well about 1200 awardees nationwide. Please avail yourself the opportunity of participating and becoming your own boss and building that dream business you have always wanted.Thanks to MR.PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN for his unrelenting drive to empower Nigerians and create jobs.

Story, story!!

I spent over 1gig writing their proposal and over 40 man hours on my laptop. That was in the first tranch o.

We have well over 12million unemployed nigerian youths and you are talking of 1,200 awardees. Smh..

Let us go back to farming joor.

3 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Atigba: 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
14 months after my NYSC I got a job...with in that period it was hell on earth.but God saw me through.just a recoomendation from the commission I did my youth at abj I was hired in another federal parastatal.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Lofx: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
I was fortunate to get a job before service which was available as part time through my service year and i got something better a month after service.

I had been scared about the risk of not easily getting a job but I realised that that fear made me not to consider paid employment as my first option coming out of school.

my advice to any young school leaver or fresh nysc grad is to quickly the set out to develop an alternative skill. Don't get caught up with feeling too helpless. Time itself is an asset. I can tell you confidently that the year after graduation for me was one of my best in terms of exploratory personal development. I learnt about 5 web and graphic design applications including photoshop, corel, dreamweaver, flash, Maya 3D (practically from novice to relatively high proficiency skill). I was on a quest to get formal training in a design studio to further improve my knowledge when I got my first job offer. To sum it up, time is an asset and we should invest wisely.

3 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Atigba: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
Emmysteve: tears almost rolled out of my eyes after reading this post. God dey sha
Even me
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by eightsin(m): 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
I've totally lost my patience...i'm currntly in my 3rd month without a job n my dad doesn't gv a phvk if i hav a dime or not... U wnt b far frm d truth if u call me a desperate man. (sobs).
Well, i'm still looking up to God for that divine brkthru...i knw its gonna cum soon...very soon.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by optimusprime2(m): 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
Best thing I ever did for myself was to jet Nigeria.
Till today I dont even know why I volunteered for that NYSC fingy, just wasted 1 good year playing Hillbilly, @some forsaken Local Govt area like that in 2009... Nonsense.
#Haaaaaaaawks...
#Spits on the topic...
#walks away....
Mtcheeeeeeeew.

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by damigreat(m): 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
I completed my NYSC programme in Feb. I was offered an unknown job by a consultant but I refused to pay for referral letter to the unknown company. I got a job with 25k monthly attached to 30million naira target, all in March. But in the name of Jesus, I rejected slavery. I established my laundry service biz in March and still prospecting for job. I got an insurance job but was paid no dime since June. NL, am working in a bakery presently, uhm...with kids who are probably wearing pants around when I left secondary sch. But ona ofun, b ona orun o. Am still hoping for my own job.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by shejane: 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
Is nt abt hw intelligent u are or ur certificate bt Grace of God, dot depend on ur ability seek God intervention, God's favour favour our labour
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by orgasticdance: 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
bukatyne:

Bro,

If you don't believe in God let those who belief in Him do. This my job was a miracle. I would say be prepared always and pray for favour. Do your part so that God can do His.

@OP: 1yr and 3mths.

Till trusting God for my younger bro, 1yr and 2mths
babe,
leave matter, a top coy gave me a job two years before i was even ready to work. it wasn't god, but excellence and hard work that got me the job! i know i am in the minority so thrs nothing to celebrate or be grateful abt becos a coy picked me and two others over 1000 people. y wont u ask god to make tins work so people can run their businesses witout paying for fuel and diesel at neck breaking rates? ur just being selfish tinking abt u and ur family. dis economy is in the pits, its not a god tin, yes one or two people will be lucky but the vast majority will be left chasing shadows. its not rocket science, an economy wit zero industrial base/growth in ten+ years can't produce jobs; even if u and all ur relatives get jobs tomorow, it doesnt mean tins are improving, keep ur testimonies to urselves abegsad angry

5 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Mhomies: 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
6 months
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by tobnical(m): 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
7months and guess what, the seven months were like 3yrs. I really feel for those who are still waiting and I pray that GOD will have mercy on them.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by luvola(m): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
studied accounting with a nice grade.. Yet to get an offer and still seriously searching.. Today is barely 70days since i finished my nysc baba God help your pikin o.. Cry!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by femi9naija(m): 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
I just thank God. It's not by my power, it's not my might but God's. I resumed work in a new place immediately after NYSC. The offer was on ground before POP day that I couldn't wait for the day to pass so I can start work.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by scribble: 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
i quit my first job before nysc was over and now run my own company and gainfully employ other Nigerians.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Lofx: 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
^^^^^
Have you considered any of the major accounting firms. If you have good grades minimum 2.1, intelligent and within the age limit, you will have a fair chance to get in. No connection required
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by obo389(m): 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
k2039: I got mine before going for nysc (chevron).
tongue ole
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by demsid(m): 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
Omo no b beans o. Dis naija nawa o. It took me 4 months to get an I.T ( siwes 2) placement wc i am doin ryt nw. Evn d 1 i got na manage.. Ds country dy fear me o.hw job go cum b? I hope God wil help me o, 1week afta my nysc is enuf,n a v.gud pay job. Amen
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by MrMann1(m): 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
samdson: Dear Nairalanders,
Let us share how long it took for each of us to find a job after the NYSC program.
This will serve as a form of survey, and will help strengthen those whom are yet to find employment at the moment.
Please share!
Mehn, after my pop in Feb 2012, I applied and roamed around for interviews for 5 months before I got my first job, A bookshop where I was exploited by my boss, He agreed to pay me 30k, then pay-day came and I saw he yanked off almost 1k as tax every month, He never gave me letter of employment, despite the fact that he employed me on graduate level, I worked there 6 months and couldn't stand his arrogance, threats of sacking me and the way he lashes out insults at me. So I moved on with my life, Right now I apply for not ANY jobs, except ones relevant to my discipline and the kind I can be proud of.
Meanwhile I hustle. I never regretted I left my first job after NYSC.

BTW... The best bet is we start creating our own jobs....... GBAM
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by OmniSparrow: 10:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
Peter boy: one year and 2 months and still searching

i nearly cried after an interview with a company, the manager of the company said that am most qualified for the job but they can only aford to pay me 12k per month

i looked at the man,looked at my certificate, i remembered all the suffering i encountered during my NYSC days in Benue State and tears started rolling down
Currently serving. Afta reading all these, if not for God, would have started crying.

2 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by meforyou1(m): 10:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
8 months and got a temporary job 3 months. Well paid.
6 months and then got a permanent job. Not well paid. And switched to my present job. Well paid.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by kefmawin: 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
I don't think any one should create any yawning gap by waiting for a paid employment

With my many years of experience in banking, I have realize that there is greater fulfillment in self empowerment for true financial freedom.

Hence, this special two day promo web development seminar will enable interested persons achieve this.

This two day promo course affords anyone opportunity to seamlessly develop several world class websites and earn good income.

This offer is valid until August 17th, 2013 and unfortunately only for Abuja Residents
Each booking is valid for one (1) individual only.
Training Dates: August 17th & 24th, 2013.
Time: 11:45am – 03:00pm (daily)
Venue: Hfya Garden, Area3 Garki , abuja. Near Garki Hospital
Please call 08035966124 for reservations and enquiries.

http://www.kefmawin.com/web-design-seminar/

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by point5: 10:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
k2039: I got mine before going for nysc (chevron).
so wyl in d race of nysc,,hw dd u manag 2 cope wt d job n hw dd dey retain u afta d nysc..
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by osifred(m): 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
How to get a job or possibly increase you chance of getting a job in Nigeria

Click to read
https://www.nairaland.com/1329105/how-get-job-possibly-increase#16319152
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by mkoabiola: 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pls,am tired of ds searching.
Am ready&willing to work as volunteer in any coy.Though an accounting graduate,even with little pay package,I will accept it.
Pls,any good samaritan can send me a PM,am ready to resum ASAP,I need working xperience.
Pls,help a brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS / Togolese Are Taking Away Our Jobs By Azuka Onwuka / Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.