Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? (37237 Views)

Staying Back After NYSC / Getting Job After NYSC: How Long Is Too Long? / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by lightuplightup: 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
seangy4konji: 3 years and sill counting...Not searching anymore.Gone back to yahoo yahoo and my life is getting better.sips my alomo and continues bombardment.
DONT INCLUDE ME IN YOUR BOMB LIST OOO
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by oluamid(m): 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
2 months. Not the dream job nor the dream pay, but man has got to start from somewhere.

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by ify4charm: 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
boxiposhags: I don't comment often on nairaland but this is a swarm of inspiring replies.I am 21 but I look 15, currently in 300l 2nd semester unilag.by God's grace graduating with a first class worse very strong 2.1. is looking very youngor like an underaged a barrier for employment?

I understand how you feel cos i also look younger than my age. The way you look ll not hinder you rather the way you dress.if you dress in a mature and responsible way, pple are more likely to take you serious.

My 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by dROC1: 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
2 days only...
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Debbieo(f): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2013
just three weeks later
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Ibukune(m): 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
Harvardminds: Have you heard about the YouWIN Program, a Federal Government FREE Grant Business Plan Competition aimed at supporting young entrepreneurs between ages 18 and 40 start up a business, or expand an existing one with a free grant sum of between #1million to #10million? The very last edition of the program is to start this month which is going to produce well about 1200 awardees nationwide. Please avail yourself the opportunity of participating and becoming your own boss and building that dream business you have always wanted.Thanks to MR.PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN for his unrelenting drive to empower Nigerians and create jobs.

Nice one bro. I applied some years ago, 2011 I think and I was not awarded but seems last year and this year edition is just for ladies, pls if I can apply as a guy, let me know pls..
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by yhemini: 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mine was after 1yr and 9mths.. It wasn't an easy experience. I went for series of apptitude test from one comp to another. There was a time I went 2 PH for GTB test. Interviews nko; I can't count how many i attended. I prayed (non stop night vigil), fasted (white fasting ooo), sowed seed... By Nov 28 I got a job which I earned very little after so much stress. I managed and persevered and kept believing God for a better one and just last month I got another in a reputable firm with a better package. I know God is still taking me higher and I believe he will take me there.

NOTE: Don't despise a little beginning, if u get an offer and it's in line with a career u wanna build even if d monthly package is not attractive, don't look down on it cos that experience might just be what u need for that mega job. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Agbele1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2013
It's now 2 month plus dat i'v been going for one interview to other.there was a day i went to banks @marina to drop my CV but i was embarrased by one of dis bank customer attendants.i believe soonest God have done it
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by vynzecent(m): 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
2 weeks
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by miz4oxley(m): 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2013
Its 2 weeks after Batch C P.O.P October 19th, 2012. May God help us all, still looking forward to that dream career.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by gloriana(f): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
Y wait at all wen lots of optunity surounds u. Som1 has waitd 4 16months n is stil waitin nt knowin wen it wil end. Do u av 2 wait 4 som1 2 say congrats u av bin employd n we'l pay u 20k Afta spendin 18 to 20 yrs of ur life in school? Y wait or settle 4 less wen u av potentials 2 do incredibl tins. D problem is dat many of us r just scared or lazy. D truth is dat many wil neva get a job no mata how long they wait. Lets just face facts n d earlier we do somtin wit our waitin time d beta 4 us. If u nid somtin 2 ocupy ur waitin time u can call me 08144448682. God 4 all, all man 4 himself
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
Olutola88: I think I really need to know you
Seconded!!
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by kenuoyibo(m): 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mine was 4 months after passing out parade. I give God the glory.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Emmysteve(m): 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Well, atleast i have a thousand naira in my account after being robbed of 90k last week.
@Op, nice topic you have.. 6months to POP but believe iyanu ma shele before then.
sorry bro, i read your predicament last week. It's not still late <about 6months >. Wishing you goodluck
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Emmysteve(m): 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
eDon_tey:

Bro, I envy you. I have less than 6 months to round up my service year with lots of application out there and I knw luck will soon shine on me
me too na 6months to go ooh, e be like say i go start to construct my CV now o because wetin i dey read here no funny o
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by OmniSparrow: 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
redcliff:

That's what people like omni_sparrow fail to do. They are always bent on following the bandwagoned status quo.
Was happy when I read your post of not replying me and bla bla. Don't really like trading words with your type over the internet. You said you got your first job while still serving and that nigerian graduates do not know their worth. Where did you mention any thing about entrepreneurship and small businesses? Coming here to say crap later. I don't want to bother going to copy your post. Go and read your post. Your memory is poor. Pentium 1 brain.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by LausDeo(m): 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
I finished my NYSC last year october and m yet to get a job. Though I didn't really start searching until June this year because of my professional exams.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by amanikondo: 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
Eternity grin
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by drpeppers(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2013
got jobs with five different companies a month after my pop, although i started the search, wrote tests, attended interviews while still in service then. the least of the companies was ready to offer me @least 100k. well it was God, luck, hard work, persistence and a never say die spirit that helped out. as for those still searching, u need to search aright, have good cv, be ready and prepared for opportunities and spread your search beyond Nigeria's territory, because the company i finally went for isn't based in Nigeria.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Elizabethoni(f): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
samdson: Dear Nairalanders,
Let us share how long it took for each of us to find a job after the NYSC program.
This will serve as a form of survey, and will help strengthen those whom are yet to find employment at the moment.
Please share!

It took me just 6months to get a Job,although the salary wasn't impressive but the experience was worth it and still taking me far
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by bashexyz: 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
during my final year i decided to improve my skill in I.T. Started studying networking. took some exams. Wrote my final paper June. Got a job with a big telecom in July with no test or interview. during my service year i got offers every month from different companies. after service i had 3 interesting offers. All because i improved myself and managed my time wisely.

Problems of a Nigerian graduate.
1. bad networking
2. bad reading culture
3. laziness
4. believing in failed promises
5. bad communication skills
6. greed. (asking for more than what you can offer)
7. Believing God will do it. ( you need to do something as well)

Not everyone can be an entrepreneur and not everyone can work 8-6
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Tolutheo(m): 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2013
i just dey observe ooo

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by samdson: 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2013
Immense contributions, great lessons!
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Alabamagnate: 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
After 14months with many apptitude tests.Another apt test on the way precisely next wk saturday,pls my people pray for me to be among the lucky one.

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by dljbd1(m): 11:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
Two months now. I really fvcked up in my 1st interview and I'm regretting it. I pray another opportunity comes my way soonest. I'm just doing private tutoring collecting 15k for now to get some money for job search T-fare. Had to use my NYSC allawie on IT trainings and exams. So right now I have OCA but seriously in search of where to gather experience in IT...I've sent CVs to companies online and waiting for reply....still believing God always. I won't mind one/two advices sha cos I'm thinking of taking a teaching job to gather more money for masters tynz...then eventually switching to education as a lecturer...send to dl_jbd@yahoo.com cos this thread go soon overfull. Thanks
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by gdino2008: 12:21am On Aug 17, 2013
More than 2 years now, am still searching. God help us.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by jamesbridget13(f): 6:40am On Aug 17, 2013
dl_jbd: Two months now. I really fvcked up in my 1st interview and I'm regretting it. I pray another opportunity comes my way soonest. I'm just doing private tutoring collecting 15k for now to get some money for job search T-fare. Had to use my NYSC allawie on IT trainings and exams. So right now I have OCA but seriously in search of where to gather experience in IT...I've sent CVs to companies online and waiting for reply....still believing God always. I won't mind one/two advices sha cos I'm thinking of taking a teaching job to gather more money for masters tynz...then eventually switching to education as a lecturer...send to dl_jbd@yahoo.com cos this thread go soon overfull. Thanks
where re u from?
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Yinyin1(f): 7:13am On Aug 17, 2013
9mths that prepared me totally for where i am today,i give God all d glory.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Damola12: 8:01am On Aug 17, 2013
Never searched for a job...was workin before i finished serving....for those in school id like to say dont waste a second while in school ..use your breaks and ASUU strikes wisely. while in d univ i worked for nig breweries,celtel and university press plc all these were not paying millions i also learned french up to DELF level but the experience showed on my cv and was immmmensely instrumental...choose wat u want to do early in life and start gathering experience i currently work for the worlds largest company in my field ..they hardly take rookies
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Bastituta(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2013
[quote author=orgasticdance] two years before nysc, final yr [/quote
grt ,ao did u do dt coz am in final yr too
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Coldsteel(m): 8:20am On Aug 17, 2013
MOORCH MOORE: I finish June 6th, decided to use the rest of jun to rest.

Submit C.v wit one New coy in Enugu on 1st July (the only c.v submitted).

Call for an Oral Interview for post of Account Offisha on July 6th.

Computer Base interview on July 13th.

Got connected wit a staff of the coy who confirmed that I'm the best for the job. That they are creating my offish which would need computer system.

On each interview they always tell me we will communicate you.

The next thing I hard from my informant was that one of their marketing staffs went to manager and hijacked the post.

I went to their chief accountant, who kept telling me that they are preparing my office... Funny.

All this while I've been preparing my self for my new job, buying black trousers(de coy has Uniform) shoes, singlets.

Hoping on them I never bother to share my C.v. Its now over 2months.
Don't lay ur eggs in 1 basket,bro!
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Ayab1203(f): 9:26am On Aug 17, 2013
Peter boy:

thanks bro struggle continues
pls smaal biz like what?

Just look at ur your neighborhood, and observe the product or service u feel is lacking . For instance u can buy ladies wears,perfumes,shoes, barbing salon,poutry or fishery, catering, mc compere,viewing center,even going to cotonou or kano or any other place where its cheaper,buy ankara or cheda brocade etc and re-sell it for profit.cement biz, rch card sales etc . d list is endless

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS / Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? / NDLEA Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.