Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! (17499 Views)

The Long Snake Killed At A Mechanic-Workshop In Port-harcourt (Graphic Pics) / Little Boy Creates His On Drum Set And Beat (video) / Amazing: See Nigerian Homes Made Of Plastic Bottles And Mud (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by yunfazz: 8:38am On Aug 15, 2013
What a brilliant idea!

A Brazilian mechanic has invented a way of lighting bulbs without electricity- using plastic bottles filled up with water and a splash of bleach.

The secret: Adding two capfuls of bleach to a bottle of water stops it from turning green when exposed to sunlight. He then drills a hole in a roof tile and pushes the filled bottle in from below. He keeps the bottle in place with polyester resin, which waterproofs the 'window' in his roof. More photos after the cut:

During a power shortage, it was his boss that first suggested the use of a plastic bottle filled with water as a lens to focus the sun's rays on dry grass and to light fires in case of an emergency. It was after then that Mr. Moser developed the concept into his Moser Light.

In a statement to the BBC World Service, he was quoted as saying: 'It's a divine light. God gave the sun to everyone, and light is for everyone. Whoever wants it saves money. You can't get an electric shock from it, and it doesn't cost a penny."

Wow..!!! The man should patent his invention immediately and not forget to fly to Nigeria asap too...we have plenty of water bottles and sunlight!!!

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/plastic-water-bottle-bulbs.html

Twitter @tutubranch

7 Likes

Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by zig2ryme04: 9:12am On Aug 15, 2013
ok...so? should i shout hallelujah or jump up?
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Enegod(m): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2013
k...good for them
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Rapmaestro(m): 9:23am On Aug 15, 2013
choi..
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
He copied it. It was an indian or philippine that invented it, I downloaded d video of an indian that did d samething a while back. Its on youtube, lemme look 4 d link

It's not even something u can use @ nite.

Yeah I got d link, its actually a philippine (date - 06/05/2011) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBWi3NtND68&gl=IN&hl=en-GB&guid=&client=mv-google

4 Likes

Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
Beautiful!!!
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Vicjay1(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nyc one. But not efficient.
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Etumgbe(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
will this reduce the importation of generator in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by paparazzi1987(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
but it will only work @ day time na! undecided undecided
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
Op u are a very funny somebody o
Patent what, what do u patent about this.
So because I want to put a bottle filled with water In my roof, I will call him and his team or seek his approval, are u high??

3 Likes

Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by condralbede(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
this is what I creativity, am going to innovate it.weldone job man
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
wow!
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by caesaraba(m): 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
This one is more expensive than buying bulbs na! Haba! From getting the water bottles, filling them up with water and adding bleach. Then to the unthinkable boring of holes in the roof and using adhesives to hold the bottles in place! Why not buy 50 naira bulb that can serve you both during the day and most importantly at night.

On the creative side, it's cool. But it's not really productive......well except of course I find myself in a prehistoric times or in a very remote region without electricity.

6 Likes

Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2013

This is not logical. Light is most needed at night and this will not work at night.
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by leunamme93(m): 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
I jumped into this tread because I thought it was one Mr. Adebayo Chima Musa that created it not one Mr. Moser of brasil. What are Our Mechanics Doing Na?? I dey wait for una own invention Ooo!

3 Likes

Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by DEGREE2466(m): 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
i hear you
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by paparazzi1987(m): 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
leunamme93: .
You want sell am ?
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Beaf1: 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
If it can't be used at night then Nigerians doesnt need it.
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by ghettodreamz(m): 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
Interesting and good invention...

The only side effect is the fact that it can only work when there is sun-light (during day), whereas at night, no show.

Kudos to the inventor.
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by leunamme93(m): 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
paparazzi1987:
You want sell am ?
all space are all booked sir. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by platorepublic(m): 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
I watch the documentary on Aljaze[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][code][/code][color=#990000][/color]era day before yesterday
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
oh boy see ordinary mechanic work shop be like seun office.

and our university professors nor fit invent ordinary wire dem dey here dey strike for 92billion allowee make God punish them

3 Likes

Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Aromas: 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
Promhize: He copied it. It was an indian or philippine that invented it, I downloaded d video of an indian that did d samething a while back. Its on youtube, lemme look 4 d link

It's not even something u can use @ nite.

Yeah I got d link, its actually a philippine (date - 06/05/2011) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBWi3NtND68&gl=IN&hl=en-GB&guid=&client=mv-google

C ur mouth "yanyanayanayanayana" so u get dis type of YOUTUBE video with you and you no even border 2 try it??. FOOL, I write it in capital letter 4u 2 reply me. Guy u no c weytin u waist 4 ur life. Chaiiiiiiiii mhenn I gt dis opportunity bros anoda BILL GATE is out 4rm my family oooooooo. Mumu like you now go join us wt dis strike.
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Christmasdon(m): 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
..end time tinz!!
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nice smiley
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
Abeg, shey Sun dey shine for night? Abi we no go use light at night?
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Hernadez99: 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
She Ko wo le?
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by BlackPeni5: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
WTF...What's the use of a light bulb in the afternoon when you could just open the windows.
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Ibroboss(m): 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
Smiles...this is awesome,wait for ma own too
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by Lordave: 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
I'm not suprised. Come to Maidugri and see what Boko boiz are inventing.
Re: Mechanic Creates Lighting Bulbs From Plastic Water Bottles! by free2ryhme: 3:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
what now happens when there is no sunlight undecided

anyway good invention which is even better than NEPA grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SpaceX Prototype Rocket Destroyed In Explosive Test Launch / Coronavirus: Four Lions Test Positive For Covid-19 At Barcelona Zoo / [uncensored Video] Watch No Mercy In Mexico Video Father Son Twitter Tiktok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.