Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! (41403 Views)

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
Roman Catholics have an extremely high view of Mary and have attributed some astounding characteristics and abilities to her, such as her interceding for us, atoning for us, and delivering our souls from damnation.

Protestants consider this elevation to be not only extreme, but idolatrous since they attribute to Mary what should only be said of God.

Roman Catholicism responds by saying it venerates Mary and gets its doctrines on her from Sacred Tradition, which is an "inanimate thing passed from hand to hand," .

Alright, so which is it, the sin of idolatry or the blessing of veneration?
Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by xynerise: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
nne4: Virgin mary is an ordinary saint in heaven.she was just favoured among virgin during that time to be selected.she dont know what you people are doing here on earth(honoring,praising).
Pls Jesus is d only way.
Read your bible don't read only bulletin so you will not land in hell.

Peace
You pentecostals think we dont read the bible? I know the bible more than your greedy pastors. The bulletin you are even saying does not contradict the bible. How can we ignore what we brought to other churches?

2 Likes

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Joveeta(f): 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hail queen of heav'n the ocean star
guide of the wandrer here below
thrown on life's,we claim your care
save us from peril and from woe
Mother of Christ,star of the sea
pray for the wanderer,pray for me

7 Likes

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Hummingbird: 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
As I kneel before you. As I see your smiling face. Every thought,every word is lost in your embrace. Chorus.. Ave Maria,grantia aplena,dominus tecum,benedicta tu. 2. As I kneel before you. As I bow my head in prayer. Take this day and make it yours and fill me with thy grace

3 Likes

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Speechless when I heard some Catholics singing this...
there is nuffin like that song.never heard it bfor

2 Likes

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
mz assumpta: there is nuffin like that song.never heard it bfor

There is always a first time for everything. This is your first.
Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by ogemezie: 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
we are honouring mary..we are honouring
we are honouring mary..we never worship her
people say we worship her... not atall
everybody join the chorus honour her
honour mary..

6 Likes

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by saintneo(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
Regina cæli

Regina cæli, lætare, alleluia:
R. Quia quem meruisti portare, alleluia,
Resurrexit, sicut dixit, alleluia,
R. Ora pro nobis Deum, alleluia.
Gaude et lætare, Virgo Maria, alleluia.
R. Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia.

5 Likes

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by saintneo(m): 6:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
Salve, Regina

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiæ,
vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra, salve.
ad te clamamus exsules filii Hevæ,
ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
in hac lacrimarum valle.
Eia, ergo, advocata nostra, illos tuos
misericordes oculos ad nos converte;
et Iesum, benedictum fructum ventris tui,
nobis post hoc exsilium ostende.
O clemens, O pia, O dulcis Virgo Maria.

3 Likes

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
ogemezie: we are honouring mary..we are honouring
we are honouring mary..we never worship her
people say we worship her... not atall
everybody join the chorus honour her
honour mary..

Sorry Oge but I have a better version...

We are honouring Mary today...

We will honour Mary tomorrow...

We will honour Mary forever...

Everybody join the Chorus honour her...

Honour Mary.

3 Likes

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by juju2008(f): 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
FrostyZonn:

You are a lIAR. Catholics don't worship Mary. Stop spreading falsehood!
AVE MARIA
Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by viexcey(f): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Glory be to God...
Honour to Mary and Joseph.

1 Like

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by juju2008(f): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
HAIL mother of mercy and love
OH MARIA
Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Chinex911: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
Whats wrong honouring the mother of jesus.....but u worship ur pastors wife....call her mummy even though u far older than her ,,,yet u see nuffin wrong with that....m a proud catholic...ave maria

1 Like

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by treach(m): 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pray for us oh holy mother of our lord Jesus Chrrist Amen.
Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
sagytarius™:
Make I register my presence.
Errm..
Glory to Jesus...
honor to mary

1 Like

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Mariojane(f): 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
Glory to Jesus, honour Mary nd Joseph
Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Chibby90: 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
nne4: Virgin mary is an ordinary saint in heaven.she was just favoured among virgin during that time to be selected.she dont know what you people are doing here on earth(honoring,praising).
Pls Jesus is d only way.

Peace
u dnt know ur bible
Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by zitel(f): 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hail Mary,
full of grace, the lord is with thee,
blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus,
Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour our death; AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by bluerange(f): 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
Am proudly Catholic and do not dispute what others believe in. I DO NOT OWE ANYONE REASON(S) WHY I DO, JUST AS THEY DO NOT OWE ME ANY WHY THEY DON'T! Am imagining the atmosphere at the Marian Shrine (St. Agnes Catholic Church, Maryland Lagos). To all who believe, HAPPY FEAST OF ASSUMPTION! smiley

1 Like

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Lovine: 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
FEAST OF ASSUMPTION, they just assumed, it never happened and can never happened
Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Feranchek(m): 7:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pls Jesus is d only way.

Peace

madam alakori. i almost skipped ur post. if urn father was OPPORTUNED 2 b d presido of d US, nne ur life will NEVER b d same.... true or lie? U odas say MARY is JUST an envelop, buh tell me, how , as a HR Manager, will u treat a job application dahtz gat no ENVELOP wrapping it? If u regard Christ as God, why dispise his FURTUNATE mother? Watch out 4 ma trend on some ish u SEPERATED BRETHRENS think about d BVM.....

1 Like

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
FrostyZonn:

And how did you came to that conclusion? Just because you disagree with something doesn't make it false.

Maybe I made it up, maybe I didn't, but the fact remains that the lyrics of the songs tell the exact story of the catholic church.
So, what you are saying in essence is that you made it up just to deride Catholics. Smh
Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by PatcomAutos: 7:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
@ all present on this thread, weather catholics or non catholics, I don't feel this shoultd not cause any argument we are all sons and daughters of God just follow his commands and be riteous. as for the issue on the blessed virgin mary, I urge you all to read (luke chapter 1:49-56.) then come bk to this tread and say what you understand from it because we re made to know that the bible is the most complete book of life. let's all learn and understand the word of God.@ all present on this thread, weather catholics or non catholics, I don't feel this shoultd not cause any argument we are all sons and daughters of God just follow his commands and be riteous. as for the issue on the blessed virgin mary, I urge you all to read (luke chapter 1:49-56.) then come bk to this tread and say what you understand from it because we re made to know that the bible is the most complete book of life. let's all learn and understand the word of God.@ all present on this thread, weather catholics or non catholics, I don't feel this shoultd not cause any argument we are all sons and daughters of God just follow his commands and be riteous. as for the issue on the blessed virgin mary, I urge you all to read (luke chapter 1:49-56.) then come bk to this tread and say what you understand from it because we re made to know that the bible is the most complete book of life. let's all learn and understand the word of God.
Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Lilimax(f): 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
Lovine: FEAST OF ASSUMPTION, they just assumed, it never happened and can never happened
Human`s knowledge...with no scriptural backing
Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by adino(m): 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
italo: Ave Maria, O Maiden, O Mother,
fondly thy children are calling on thee;
thine are the graces unclaimed by another,
sinless and beautiful Star of the sea.

Mater amabilis, ora pro nobis,
pray for thy children who call upon thee;
Ave Sunctissima, Ave Purissima,

Ave Maria, the night shades are falling,
softly, our voices arise unto thee;
earth’s lonely exiles for succour are calling,

Ave Maria, thy children are kneeling,
words of endearment are murmured to thee;
softly thy spirit upon us is stealing,

Thank you for this song. God Bless You.
Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
U don't have to lie just because u hate the mother of God. It is not "we are worshipping" mary but "we are honouring"!
Take it easy before ur hate kills u..
Dame jonathan dey eagle square dey waste tax payers money and rather than bother on that,u are hating on the mother of Jesus!
Shame on u looser!

FrostyZonn:

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by dalynch(f): 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
sagytarius™:
Make I register my presence.
Errm..
Glory to Jesus...
Honour to Mother Mary

1 Like

Re: Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! by hoochay: 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pls Jesus is d only way.

Peace
and who tode u we dont red the bible,and for ur informat,watin da inside the bulletin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Celestial Church Of Christ Pastor, His Wife & Son Die In Fatal Accident In Kogi / Father Mbaka Praises Completion Of Abakpa-Emene Link Road / Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.