Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,071 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks (29172 Views)

Buhari Invites Jonathan To Presidential Villa / N’assembly Invites Jonathan,sultan,oritsejafor,over Rising Terrorism ! / Ahmadinejad Invites Jonathan To Visit Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by israel007: 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
United States President, Barrack Obama has invited President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria for talks on issues bordering on terrorists activities in the African continent among others .

Disclosing this to State House correspondents, United States Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, Wendy Sherman, who is leading a delegation to the US-Nigeria bi-national commission meeting, said all was set for both leaders to meet soon and discuss issues bordering on security, governance, education and agriculture.

According to her, while she came to the presidential villa to deliver a letter from Obama to the Nigerian President Jonathan who was gracious enough to accept the letter, adding that "We look forward to working further on the basis of the letter."

She said, "The binational commission is really an invaluable tool for both nations to work together for a strong relationship, especially to support Nigeria as it moves forward to tackle its challenges. Our presidents are likely to meet soon. I will leave that announcement to the President of the United States and the President of Nigeria.

"The issues before the bi-national commission range from security to governance, education and agriculture. Nigeria is a very important country, not only here on the continent, but around the world. Nigeria has served on the Security Council of the UN and it is likely to do so again in future.

"He is the head of the Committee on Democracy and has been leader in so many ways, like in ECOWAS as a peace-keeper all around the world. These are the partnerships that are important to us. Secretary Kerry had a meeting with President Jonathan in Addis at the AU summit, and so, we look for every opportunity to strengthen our relationship."

http://leadership.ng/news/140813/obama-invites-jonathan

3 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by bigtt76(f): 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
Taaaa! This is more like Obama summoning #GEJ ...why not the other way round hunnnnn! grin grin grin Ball-less Nigerian leaders!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by londoner: 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
bigtt76: Taaaa! This is more like Obama summoning #GEJ ...why not the other way round hunnnnn! grin grin grin Ball-less Nigerian leaders!

NOBODY summons the president of the USA....he may contact a country to go there or invite them to the US, but its never the US president being summoned by any other president, and Nigeria will not be the first to do so.

26 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by dasparrow: 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
@Post

If I were GEJ, I will tell Obama I am too busy to come. If they had things to discuss, why didn't Obama stop by while he was on his African tour?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by alexchiny: 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

If I were GEJ, I will tell Obama I am too busy to come. If they had things to discuss, why didn't Obama stop by while he was on his African tour?

Exactly! Thats why i love my Uncle, Uncle Mugabe. grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by Pataki: 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
Jonathan the kindergarten school headboy. grin Obama the headmaster needs you immediately!

You see your disgraceful life......I hope he does not disgrace himself again. And please keep madam shepopo at home oh.

61 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by israel007: 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hope this yields fruits positively
Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by malc619(m): 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
Obama summons GEJ to Washington.....

Kindergarten Presido I hail ooooooo

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by Mentcee(m): 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
Yep
Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by OAM4J: 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
Looks like a reaction to Jonathan-China romance

20 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by Mentcee(m): 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ubaman
Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by nerodenero: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
Lobatan! Wahala wo lu. Hope the meeting wont be televised? I dey fear for Uncle Jonathan oooo!
Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pataki: Jonathan the kindergarten school headboy.

You see your disgraceful life......I hope he does not disgrace himself again. Drunkard.

shame on you!

@topic.
Sometimes, the meeting centers on more important issues but is masked with other reasons.

Since able presido go China , Yankee never rest.

Abi na today terrorism start ?

17 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by ayodeji752: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nonsense! Jonathan shld be d one to invite obama. Inferiority

1 Like

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by Standing5(m): 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
Tell him u don't give damn.

1 Like

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by PastorPLC: 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
The way Nigerians insult Jonathan is quite shocking. The same people that claimed through the mentally retarded animal {Fani Kayode}who called himself a historian, and foolishly called Nigerian 3rd Marine Commando a "Yoruba Force" that the Ijaws are related to them in culture, still want to pull Jonathan down by all means.

There is nothing wrong if Obama invites him.

Please, my post is not to insult the entire Yoruba race, only that PLC is a bit back for few days on Nairaland.

My wife delivered a bouncing baby boy here in Sweden.

25 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Mr President go and make us proud.
Go and speak for us and represent our interest.
That's all I've to say, the rest is in your hands.

3 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by 25Calibre(m): 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Wow! Being the POTUS is one hell of a job, you get so powerful that when you cough, other heads of states come running.

This same Obama who publicly shunned GEJ, summons him to the White House like a school teacher summons his students.

GEJ if you had any balls, this is the time to show it, the time to cement your position on the world stage as a no-nonsense presido, give flippant reasons why you can't go

6 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by akogunakinniyi: 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
*In Bovi's voice*......I have a dream... that one day, the Nigerian President will summon the American President to Abuja for crucial talks.

3 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by YoursGEJ(m): 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

Na who boko haram dey disturb? Who needs help? Obama or Jonathan? You go just come here dey display your ridiculous level of stupidity.

10 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by paul288yahoo(m): 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
.... cool

1 Like

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by 25Calibre(m): 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pataki: Jonathan the kindergarten school headboy. grin Obama the headmaster needs you immediately!

You see your disgraceful life......I hope he does not disgrace himself again. And please keep madam shepopo at home oh.

Look at this pic, like a mother talking to her son. When would GEJ learn to appear presidential?

That woman was a Secretary of State while you are a president, there should be a clear distinction.

12 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pataki: Jonathan the kindergarten school headboy.
You see your disgraceful life......I hope he does not disgrace himself again. Drunkard.

My deductions;

1. shows how u were brought up

2. Shows who u are

3. Shows the kind of brain you have

4. Shows the kind of mouth you have

5. Tells me the kind of people around u

6. Shows ur level of dignity

7. Shows the level of ur sense of judgement.

Mod I did not yab him o, leave my comment alone dis tym.

14 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by rindee(m): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
make the best of it mr presido
Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by yomalex(m): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
They wan discuss boko boys grin Shekau get ready o grin

2 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by malc619(m): 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pastor PLC: The way Nigerian insult Jonathan is quite shocking. The same people that claimed through the mentally retarded animal {Fani Kayode} who called himself a historian, and foolishly called Nigerian 3rd Marine Commando a "Yoruba Force" that the Ijaws are related to them in culture, still want to pull Jonathan down by all means.

There is nothing wrong if Obama invites him.

Please, my post is not to insult the entire Yoruba race, only that PLC is a bit back for few days on Nairaland.

My wife delivered a bouncing baby boy here in Sweden.

If you can insult FFK, why can't others insult our "Kindergarten Presiden" aka Retardeen??

grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by Judolisco(m): 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
Have united state stoped or find a problem 2 their gun killing crises

5 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by Chimezie250(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
grin grin[quote author=malc619]Obama summons GEJ to Washington.....

u b wicked guy na our presido u de call baby president grin grin grin[quote author=malc619]Obama summons GEJ to Washington.....

u b wicked guy na our presido u de call baby president
Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by Lilprincey(m): 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
I see this as a positive devolpment to our county. If ur a boko haram member u beta quit now the U.S army don't play wit terrorist o
Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by Acecube(m): 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
OBAMA WE DON'T WANT YOU we want Xi Jinping grin

3 Likes

Re: President Obama Invites Jonathan For Talks by slap1(m): 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
GEJ should wear iron boxers o! #JustSaying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway / Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. / Looters Hide Billions In Farms – Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.