Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? (37807 Views)

What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by beewhy009(m): 12:25am On Aug 19, 2013
damosky12: FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH ON HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE - John 3:16. Note: He didnt say "..that whosoever does not wear jewelries.." "COME UNTO ME ALL YE THAT LABOUR AND ARE HEAVY LADEN AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST"- Matthew 11:28. [b] Note, He didnt say "Come unto me all ye that do not wear jewelries" No!! He said "ALL ye that labour". Coming unto Him simply means 'accepting Him as Lord and saviour'. His salvation and rest is for anybody who accepts Him and not for those who abstain from jewelries .
FOR WITH THE HEART, MAN BELIEVETH UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS, WITH THE MOUTH, CONFESSION IS MADE UNTO SALVATION.-Romans 10:10 Note: He didnt say "by abstaining from jewelries, man becometh righteous" NO!!!!!!! He said "with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, with your mouth, you announce yourself unto salvation .
The Only way to make heaven is simply by accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour- Romans 10:9. That is the only way to be saved. WEARING JEWELRIES HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SALVATION.
Psalm 24:1 says: " The earth is the Lord and the fullness thereof..."
Thats a fallacy from the devil to keep people in bondage and away from the truth.

i want you all to know that the kingdom of God is not that easy as you are all saying that u just have to accept Jesus as your Lord & saviour. Even the Lord says not all who call him Lord will see the kingdom of heaven, and there are a lot of things that the devil has put in our fingers even as christians that seems harmless but the devil will not want us to know that. The road to eternal life is narrow but the road to destruction is broad- does that not give you a sign? I'm tired of all this debates cuz if u read your bible very well u'll know that all our code of conduct is embedded in it. When pple are saying the Gold in heaven cnt be found on earth, are doze golds used to make earrings 4 the heavenly souls? You cant be putting all that on and attract the holy spirit or God's presence(as u can see in Ex33:5, its never done. But i want you all to open your bibles to 1peter 3 vs 3 & 1Timothy 2 vs 9 and tell me your findings... The bible actually forbids the use of ornaments(gold,silver nd the likes) as a beauty aid for your body even the issue of hair braiding, you just need to read those two bible verses and you'll be amazed at your findings. No one is rebuking u if u use it to build your house, even if you are riding a car made of gold but not as ornaments on our body cuz our body and you can see that only Jezebel was known for that, the bible even says she paints her face. What do you think that even means?The devil does not care if you accept Jesus as the saviour, he wont even disturb you with that but his sole aim is to make sure you dont do his will or heed to his commandments... I pray may God help our infirmities to know the truth better cuz the fact is that: that truth is bitter. I'v once argued this kind of things before, even the drinking of alcohol but whereas the bible called a drunkard a Fool(that is another topic with many bible verses). How can now there be room for a Fool in the kingdom of God? Read 1TIM 3 nd u'll see that the evil that the devil has imposed in men will only b waxing strong, deceiving and being deceived as the bible has said. 1 Tim 4 also talked about the time when people will ignore sound doctrines and turn themselves to teachers of THE WORD just to satisfy their lust, these are all the antics of the devil. Know where you belong to. You need the baptism of the holy spirit to really understand all these antics of the devil and pass them all. May God help us...

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 19, 2013
These things are hardly abut DOs and DONT's. We're too religion minded hence we think it so.
It's about what you idolize.
One thing can be sin for one person, but not to another. Each of us know that "innocent" thing in our life that doesn't have to be in the bible that "drags" God's place in our life sha so I think that's what this person is getting at.

To one person, jewelry could be like God. To another, its just a thing they put on their body. The person in error is the first group of persons. It's left to each and every person to know where they fall under and act accordingly. This sort of thing isn't exclusive to jewelry alone (again, beware of the religious spirit and see deeper into these things) but for ANYTHING that takes God's place in our lives.

I myself have my own, and it's certainly not jewelry...

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by sojnaija(m): 12:35am On Aug 19, 2013
some pples coments say its sinful because d world use it. i want to ask: what of d internet and phone or laptop that you are using to make dis judgemental coment? is the world not using it? you guys just keep complicating a journey that Jesus has already simplified. did you not read that Jesus was sprayed wit perfume by a woman? ddnt u see dat Jesus apreciated d womans efort? most places where d bible speak against ornaments, it was because of abuse or wen God is rebukin his pple for misdeeds. in d parable of prodigal son, wen d son returned home, the father odered that they shud adorn d guy for returning. pls return to ur bible so dat GOd wil adorn ur life wit goodness!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Lenny5000(m): 2:55am On Aug 19, 2013
idnoble135:
Enough of all these hell visions! Ok... Follow me as i try to explain this.
Q. What makes you become a child of God?
A. Because you believe in Jesus, right? John 1:12
Q. What made you recieve salvation?
A. Because you believed and confessed Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, right? Rom 10:10...
Q. Was it by any of your works?
A. No! Ephe 2:8
So what makes you think you can remain saved by mere works if you did not get saved by your works? Gal 3:3 So, simple belief and acceptance of the saving work of Christ makes you a candidate for heaven. How then did wearing ear rings make you go to hell? How can you believe in Jesus and yet go to hell because you wear ear ring? Its not possible.
Besides, care to tell me how wearing of ear ring is a sin? What of the whites that wear this and still make heaven?
This thing came as a result of we trying to"africanize" christianity. Jesus made the christian life simple, no need to complicate it.
The word of God is bigger than any vision. Therefore, i refuse to accept that ear rings makes people go to hell.

Here is the problems with people, after this person took his time to explain this,using the BIBLE as reference, some still feel the need to drag it on... Like this post says, no Vision is greater than GOD so pls stop this rubbish! People believe every crap and this is the number reason Pastors are reaping the people off coining out new theories everyday. Ear rings are part of dressing both in the old times and now... It has absolutely nothing to do with your Salvation... Even here where I reside I have seen a Policeman putting on Earring, so make we hear word abeg!

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Ezeibe(m): 4:35am On Aug 19, 2013
idnoble135:
Enough of all these hell visions! Ok... Follow me as i try to explain this.
Q. What makes you become a child of God?
A. Because you believe in Jesus, right? John 1:12
Q. What made you recieve salvation?
A. Because you believed and confessed Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, right? Rom 10:10...
Q. Was it by any of your works?
A. No! Ephe 2:8
So what makes you think you can remain saved by mere works if you did not get saved by your works? Gal 3:3 So, simple belief and acceptance of the saving work of Christ makes you a candidate for heaven. How then did wearing ear rings make you go to hell? How can you believe in Jesus and yet go to hell because you wear ear ring? Its not possible.
Besides, care to tell me how wearing of ear ring is a sin? What of the whites that wear this and still make heaven?
This thing came as a result of we trying to"africanize" christianity. Jesus made the christian life simple, no need to complicate it.
The word of God is bigger than any vision. Therefore, i refuse to accept that ear rings makes people go to hell.

Without HOLINESS NO EYES SHALL GOD!.......
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ifyegede(m): 5:20am On Aug 19, 2013
Pain: Any God that will descend sow low to be concerned about trivialities like jewelries and even go to the length of casting people into an eternal soup of sulphur and brimstome for adorning it is definitely not the creator of the eternal soul.

It must be a very bitter fallen angel. You must be indeed wary of such a god.

May the Eternal GOD of PEACE find you and bear fruit in your lives dear over exploited africans. The massive exploitation of the our Continent in the 17-20th century by the Euro American Jews is over but the residue of the vapour they sold to us still remains dominant in the African Psyche. When will we realize that the Favoritism god Contraption of the Jews was a BIG LIE used to lay claim to the fruit of labour of other societies. One Day and I mean very soon all these charade will end.
It is comment like yours that will lead many ignorant souls to hell. The Bible says if your right hand ( not your physical hand but something as useful, befitting, servicable to you as your right hand) would cause you to go to hell, cut it off. Whatever you cannot give up for God, is an idol. What if you get to stand before God and discovered belatedly that you were wrong. What can/will you do? There are millions in hell who would gladly give up earrings ( and anything else for that matter) just to change their eternal state. Don't wait to find out before you make the necessary corrections. God bless you.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by adeniyitheprof(m): 5:48am On Aug 19, 2013
YEAH, WEARING EARRINGS,NECKLACE,WEDDING RING and other jewelries are NOT BIBLICAL and in fact, there are countless number of scriptural texts from the HOLY BIBLE that show that God the Almighty,not a human being like you,your pastor,your evangelist or even a pope frowns at the wearing of the aforementioned jewelries.
IF ALL NIGERIANS USE EARRINGS AND DIE WITHOUT REPENTANCE IN ITS USAGE, THEN HELL IS SURE. BELIEVE IT OR NOT...THIS IS NOT ABOUT MAKING JUDGEMENT BUT IT IS THE TRUTH YOU DO NOT WANT TO HEAR.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by gidig(m): 6:26am On Aug 19, 2013
This is simple scripture that answers this whole vision of Hell stories:

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Notice that in this narration by Jesus, He said that Abraham said if people don't hear the messengers of the gospel who are alive, a message from Hell wont do. While I believe that there are those who genuinely have received visions like this, there are way too many people who will continue to cause confusion by it as the visions are always different and geared towards putting people in the bondage of their denomination. The Word of God is the yardstick- not what someone saw in a vision.

Here is what peter who walked with Christ had to say 'We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

If there was one person that should boast of proximity with Jesus Christ, it must be Peter. Yer, he called the written word the 'More Sure Word'. Visions as the type that this woman has given are for those who don't know their place in God.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 19, 2013
nneh1: this is what people will continue saying till they march down to hell.
Human made doctrines.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by luluosas(m): 7:01am On Aug 19, 2013
Simonet: Wearing jewelry cannot take anyone to hell!

God created Gold, Silver, and Solomon used these things to build God's temple.

The issue is your heart and what comes out of it!!
In your own case, what temple are you building with your earrings, necklaces and other jewelries for God now?
If you are saying God is only interested in the heart, have you not read the passage of the scriptures that says: present your body a living sacrifice? Can you comprehend this?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by luluosas(m): 7:03am On Aug 19, 2013
Eazee-e:
Mod pls close dis boring n annoying topic.
That's because you hate to hear the truth.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by luluosas(m): 7:07am On Aug 19, 2013
Simonet: Satan is SOOOO SMART, distracting people from real ungodliness, and occupying them with peripheral issues!

So if I am a swindler and liar, but I avoid jewelry, I will make heaven abi?
You've already judge yourself with your work right there. So, you already know what is expected of you as a Christian.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by steveec122(m): 7:07am On Aug 19, 2013
A perfect creation went,took the bloody pain and drilled or opened a hole on her ear or the ear of her baby, So that a piece of Metal can be hung on it.

Abomination.

Grow in spirit, and the Holy spirit will tell you that it is a Curse and bondage.
No matter the reference made to gold or earring.

I even stopped putting on my wedding ring because I discovered that it has a historical inclination to idol worship where it is used for nuptial covenants before idols.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by GoodBoi1(m): 7:26am On Aug 19, 2013
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by luluosas(m): 7:30am On Aug 19, 2013
chingydaboss: Lyk wat u said, bt not every tin Linda said was true.. especially d aspect of d chosen pastor .. earrings I belief is a sin bt wen devil wants to confuse a person, he mixes truth wit lies.. d chosen pastor is a genuine man of God..I can attest to it..
Has the devil not succeeded in confusing you now? Do you know yourself talkless of Lazarus Mouka?
Please, let's foregone this mentality of this pastor is this, this pastor is that!
In case you don't know: The big time pastor and popular Nigerian that brought Christian television ministry to the limelight, the founder of Church of God Mission Int. Inc., late Archbishop Andrew Benson Idahosa is in hell fire right now. Likewise, the once bubbling fashion, makeup and jewelries toting preacher, Bimbo Odukoya is in hell fire too.
Before you ask me how I come to know about it please, look for Sadiq Ibrahim, from the North and Samuel Oghenetega, from Sapele, Delta State. They will explain to you what they (not me) know. Thank you.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by PrettyGaby(f): 7:47am On Aug 19, 2013
[quote
author=ellechrystal]Yes the bible said something about this, in 1st
Timothy 2:9-10 _ "Likewise women should adorn themselves in respectable
apparel, with modesty and self control, not with Braided hair and gold
or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who
profess Godliness with good works" I am not against wearing them, cos I
do maself, the portion is just 2 show some ppl, that this warning is
actually in the bible.[/quote]
do you plait your hair? cuz if you do, you are going to hell, going by your logic.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by PrettyGaby(f): 7:50am On Aug 19, 2013
[quote
author=ellechrystal]. Amen. The devil is a liar! He has rili
blindfolded ppl, if u must make heaven, u ve 2 drop all worldy things, u
shld not belong 2 d world nor do things of the world. There is a way
that seemeth right to all man, at the end is death! Our problem is that
we dnt read the holy book, we only open it when we go 2 church, only
wen the pastor gives a verse 2 b read, n wen wen get home, we 4get
there"s a book like that. So many men of God ve failed 2 tell us d
truth, some who try to are so condemned by the ppl. May God help us, and
open our eyes 2 see d truth, and also give us the ability 2 study his
word daily, becos his word is life![/quote]
very funny! obviously, you dont understand what worldly means. going by your logic, we cant wear clothes, watch tv, eat food, use comb, buy cars, wear shoes, wear watches( time is of the world u no). all these will take you to hell!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by PrettyGaby(f): 7:57am On Aug 19, 2013
[quote
author=steveec122]A perfect creation went,took the bloody pain and
drilled or opened a hole on her ear or the ear of her baby, So that a
piece of Metal can be hung on it.

Abomination.

Grow in spirit, and the Holy spirit will tell you that it is a Curse and
bondage.
No matter the reference made to gold or earring.

I even stopped putting on my wedding ring because I discovered that it
has a historical inclination to idol worship where it is used for
nuptial covenants before idols.[/quote]
obviously, you havent seen this this part of the new testament that says that an idol is nothing and that you can eat food dedicated to idols if it doesnt offend your coscience. okay, so wedding ring has its origin from idol worship, who is the originator of the material used to make the band?

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by PrettyGaby(f): 8:00am On Aug 19, 2013
[quote
author=luluosas]
Has the devil not succeeded in confusing you now? Do you know yourself
talkless of Lazarus Mouka?
Please, let's foregone this mentality of this pastor is this, this
pastor is that!
In case you don't know: The big time pastor and popular Nigerian that
brought Christian television ministry to the limelight, the founder of
Church of God Mission Int. Inc., late Archbishop Andrew Benson Idahosa
is in hell fire right now. Likewise, the once bubbling fashion, makeup
and jewelries toting preacher, Bimbo Odukoya is in hell fire too.
Before you ask me how I come to know about it please, look for Sadiq
Ibrahim, from the North and Samuel Oghenetega, from Sapele, Delta State.
They will explain to you what they (not me) know. Thank you.[/quote]
this is exactly why I dont believe all these nonsense! some other pastor went to heaven and said that he saw Idahosa there. too many visins these days. mtchw! the Bible and the holyspirit are enough for me, if the Christ didnt say it, then it doesnt apply

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by PrettyGaby(f): 8:11am On Aug 19, 2013
colossians 2:20- 23-- wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why as though living in the world are ye subject to ordinances ( taste not, touch not, handle not; which all are to perish with using) after the commandments and doctrines of men? which have indeed a show of wisdom and will-worship and humility and neglecting of the body...

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ablyguy(m): 8:25am On Aug 19, 2013
breezy047:

Noooo its not like that. . .

Read Exo 35 when the Lord gave instructions Himself about the building of the terbanacle.

That's what He made gold for. . .as a building material or to beautify the temples and houses. Whenever God asks people to bring gold in the bible it is for building. That is what he made it for. The streets of heaven are made of gold and had Adam and Eve not fallen the streets of the earth would have been made of gold. But when God creates the new heaven and new earth he promised in revelations, expect the joyful cities of saints to be built with precious stones.

Now you see. . .it is part of the purposeful plans of satan to make men beautify themselves with gold and jewellries, against what God made them for. he knows that when God made man in Genesis, Man was good. God liked the natural man the way he is. But satan has been ruunning the race of making men pollute themselves with jewellries so as to deride Christ and make God angry with men. And he's almost succeeding because as at now billions of women on earth wear these make-ups, jewellries etc that makes God angry.

Purposefully putting the Lord to anger. . .

God himself said it in Exo 33 vs 4-6

"If I were to go with you even for a moment, I might destroy you. Now take off your. . ."

Read the rest yourself.

The story is about when Moses was with the Lord on the mountain and the people (God's own people) made a golden calf with their golds, worshipped it, wore jewellries (which they originally didn't wear)and committed revellry before the idol.

God bless you.

Serioulsy bro, your interpretation of the bible is really skewed. Besides I also heard God's crown is made of gold too...

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by peedeeasobie(m): 8:26am On Aug 19, 2013
21st century and ds quantum of ignorance still exist in d church!
If earrings are wrong, wrist watches are wrong, creams are wrong, wedding rings are wrong, clothes are wrong etc.

NOBODY will go to hell for wearing earrings, if not pple will go to heaven for not wearing them.
U pple make light of what jesus did on the cross. If it took the cross to save man, why wld it take earring to unsave man?

God never banned earrings, NEVER! There were specific pple and times he asked them not to wear those stuffs but not because they were bad but because of the type of worship they had. That's why He asked moses to remove his shoes in his presence.

Therefore wearing of shoes must be wrong then! Men wearing trouser must be wrong because Jesus wore gown, moses wore gown, etc.

Jesus said we must worship God in spirit and in truth. If u remove ur earring because u want to worship God, u are carnal.

If u stop wearing earring because u want to please God, u are under the law and u are fallen from grace because u seek to be justified by works and not grace!

That vision is not from God, it doesn't matter how many pple dat see such visions!
Many christians have been deceived by visions because they trust visions more than the Word of God.

4 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by funnyx(m): 8:41am On Aug 19, 2013
peedeeasobie: 21st century and ds quantum of ignorance still exist in d church!
If earrings are wrong, wrist watches are wrong, creams are wrong, wedding rings are wrong, clothes are wrong etc.

NOBODY will go to hell for wearing earrings, if not pple will go to heaven for not wearing them.
U pple make light of what jesus did on the cross. If it took the cross to save man, why wld it take earring to unsave man?

God never banned earrings, NEVER! There were specific pple and times he asked them not to wear those stuffs but not because they were bad but because of the type of worship they had. That's why He asked moses to remove his shoes in his presence.

Therefore wearing of shoes must be wrong then! Men wearing trouser must be wrong because Jesus wore gown, moses wore gown, etc.

Jesus said we must worship God in spirit and in truth. If u remove ur earring because u want to worship God, u are carnal.

If u stop wearing earring because u want to please God, u are under the law and u are fallen from grace because u seek to be justified by works and not grace!

That vision is not from God, it doesn't matter how many pple dat see such visions!
Many christians have been deceived by visions because they trust visions more than the Word of God.

Good comment, I also wonder how much money these hell returnees make from their CDs.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by peedeeasobie(m): 8:43am On Aug 19, 2013
@LuloLass.
Who told u dat Bishop Idahosa is in hell? That a person is schizophrenic doesn't mean he sees visions.

U are the type that condemns trouser, weavon, earrings etc. Go and Deut. 22vs5-11 and find out u have not started keeping the Laws. Bible said u shld wear a garment of diverse sorts- wollen and linen together. Cotton and polyester together. Bible said don't practice mixed cropping, bible said if ur son is stubborn and u have warned him severally, bring him out to the elders to stone him to death, bible said dat women in their menses shld not enter the temple.

How many do u keep? NO pastor keeps these laws, they just choose the one they like and emphasize on it. Bible said in James 2vs 10; if u keep all the laws but fail in one, u are guilty of all.

Keeping the laws will take u to HELL because the death of christ is of no effect to u.
U asked what temple they are building with the golds- WE are the TEMPLE of the Holy Spirit and when we use gold on our body, God is HAPPY!

5 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 19, 2013
adeniyitheprof: YEAH, WEARING EARRINGS,NECKLACE,WEDDING RING and other jewelries are NOT BIBLICAL and in fact, there are countless number of scriptural texts from the HOLY BIBLE that show that God the Almighty,not a human being like you,your pastor,your evangelist or even a pope frowns at the wearing of the aforementioned jewelries.
IF ALL NIGERIANS USE EARRINGS AND DIE WITHOUT REPENTANCE IN ITS USAGE, THEN HELL IS SURE. BELIEVE IT OR NOT...THIS IS NOT ABOUT MAKING JUDGEMENT BUT IT IS THE TRUTH YOU DO NOT WANT TO HEAR.

Pls can we sincerely discuss this issue. because we are talking about what can hamper our salvation or destroy it.

You might be right by saying that wearing (i hope this includes makeup, am i right?) jewries and gold earings are wrong. but i ve also seen a proof from the bible that they are not wrong.

So if you wish, lets critically study and review this important subject so as to see which stand is reasonable.

I await your reply. pls its not a debate.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by charlesm91(m): 9:05am On Aug 19, 2013
Maybe the OP shud do a background check on the lady in question. Her names linda frm sierra leone. Preachd dat same msg in her country n der was confusion among churches der. Nw God is no author of confusion. Nw she's in Nigeria doin same. She's a deeper life. Little wonder her belief corresponds wit her visions. On the issue of earring, gold,etc. God didnt make a mistake puting such in earth bt let der be moderation. Anythn dat superceeds God in ur lyf bcoms an idol. Nw i reason lyk dis, why will God tell u to go against earring when cleanliness of the heart is important. The devil want to keep many astray by deceiving em into outward holiness. By puting off dos tins, many wud tink they've re-allingned themselves back wit God when God looks at a mans heart. Im nt saying its a go ahead to dress n adorn ur body immorally. moderation is the key. Holyspirit is the conviction u need. Same goes for the issue of females wearing pant(trouser). As the bible says, TEST all spirit not TASTE
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Perfecter4real(m): 9:14am On Aug 19, 2013
Have heard alot of people said God show them in a vision that wearing hear rings is a sin,making up is a sin and will also take one to hell and u see so many christians try so hard not to wear ear rings..pls the simple commandment that God have us like do not steal,do not tell lies dont commit fornication all these laws of God which we know and we are sure of have we finish obeying them before trying to obey the once people claim to see in their visions first obey all the simple commandment of God before u try to obey this visions.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by rotlan(m): 9:29am On Aug 19, 2013
A number of holiness-based Christian groups have come to
that conclusion, but doing so fails to consider the numerous
other passages in the Bible that actually appear to endorse the
use of jewelry. In fact, many places in the Bible show that
God uses jewelry as a blessing to his children.
One of the first passages in the Bible to deal with jewelry is
Gen 24:47, 48 which reads,
“And I asked her, and said, whose daughter art thou? And she
said, the daughter of Bethuel, Nahor's son, whom Milcah bare
unto him: and I put the earring upon her face, and the
bracelets upon her hands. And I bowed down my head, and
worshipped the LORD, and blessed the LORD God of my
master Abraham, which had led me in the right way to take
my master's brother's daughter unto his son.”
Here we have a rather tender story of Abraham's servant
giving jewelry to Rebekah, who was the woman God had
specially chosen for Isaac. The servant then bows his head
and worships God. If jewelry were sinful, his offering it as a
gift to Rebekah, and then subsequently worshipping God,
would be irreverent and inappropriate.
We find another such example in Gen 41:42, which says,
“And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon
Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and
put a gold chain about his neck...”
Joseph was one of the greatest men of the Old Testament, and
God blessed him greatly because of his faithfulness. In this
verse, we find Joseph accepting jewelry as a gift from
Pharaoh. If God forbade jewelry, undoubtedly, Joseph would
have rejected this gift.
David, the man said to be after God’s own heart,1 writes in Ps
25:12,
“As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a
wise reprover upon an obedient ear.”
David compares gold earrings to the way an obedient ear
accepts wise instruction. Surely if jewelry were a sin, David
would never have made a comparison between wise behavior
and something that is sinful.
The prophet Isaiah wrote in Isa 61:10,
“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in
my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of
salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a
bride adorneth herself with her jewels.”
Isaiah compares righteousness and salvation to a bride and
bridegroom who adorn themselves with jewelry. Would Isaiah
compare a sinful activity to the salvation and righteousness of
God?
God, through Jeremiah, speaks of jewelry in this way:
“Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? Yet
my people have forgotten me days without number.” (Jer
2:32)
God compares forgetting about him to a maid who forgets her
jewelry. Again, if jewelry were sinful, God would never have
made such a comparison.
In Ezek 16:11-13, God says that he has blessed his children
with bracelets, necklaces, earrings, jewels and crowns,
“I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon
thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. And I put a jewel on thy
forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown
upon thine head. Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver;
and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered
work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou
wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a
kingdom.”
God would not offer his children something sinful as a gift or
reward.
Some may argue that God once gave and blessed the use of
jewelry, but because of the vanity and disobedience of Israel,
he no longer does, which is why it is forbidden in the New
Testament. The problem with such an assertion is that it is not
taught in the scriptures. In fact, the scriptures contradict such
an idea. Luke 15:22 says,
“But the father said to his servants, bring forth the best robe,
and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand…”
This verse is from the parable of the Prodigal Son, given by
Jesus. Surely, Jesus would not have used a sinful practice as
part of his parable.
Considering the overwhelming body of evidence that God not
only doesn’t condemn the use of jewelry but has actually
given it as a gift to his faithful children, it cannot reasonably
be stated that jewelry is a sin. In light of this, let's take
another look at the verses used to support the belief that the
use of jewelry is forbidden:
“Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of
plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of
apparel…” (1 Pet 3:3)
“In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest
apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided
hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array…” (1 Tim 2:9)
What exactly are Peter and Paul teaching in these verses?
They are simply teaching that Christians should be more
concerned with beautifying the inward man than beautifying
the outward man. They are teaching that as Christians, we
should not be overly concerned with outward beauty. Jewelry,
like every other good thing from God, can and has been
abused by carnal man.
It is important not to take one or two passages in isolation and
make a doctrine out of them without first considering the
entire weight of scriptural teachings. Doing so will inevitably
lead to errant teachings and inaccurate assumptions about
God’s word. These verses that deal with outward modesty are
certainly no exception. A careful and honest evaluation of all
relevant scriptures reveals that Paul is not forbidding the use
of jewelry; he is merely instructing us to use it in moderation
and to place the greater emphasis on inward adorning.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Sike(m): 9:33am On Aug 19, 2013
Whatever! One thing i know, ti o dami loju, is that "heaven or hell", there will always be people i'll meet there. Cuz i know i can never be alone.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by denniece1(m): 9:48am On Aug 19, 2013
Jere 4:30
“and when thou art spoiled,what will thou do?though thou clothest thyself witt crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold ,though thou rentest thy face with painting,in vain shalt thou make thyself fair;thy lovers will despise thee,they will seek thy life.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by chingydaboss(m): 9:58am On Aug 19, 2013
It is gud u ask God if Pastor Lazarus is a real Man of God.. wateva God tells u, tak it..
luluosas: and devil cannot succeed in my lyf cos Gods grace is sufficient
Has the devil not succeeded in confusing you now? Do you know yourself talkless of Lazarus Mouka?
Please, let's foregone this mentality of this pastor is this, this pastor is that!
In case you don't know: The big time pastor and popular Nigerian that brought Christian television ministry to the limelight, the founder of Church of God Mission Int. Inc., late Archbishop Andrew Benson Idahosa is in hell fire right now. Likewise, the once bubbling fashion, makeup and jewelries toting preacher, Bimbo Odukoya is in hell fire too.
Before you ask me how I come to know about it please, look for Sadiq Ibrahim, from the North and Samuel Oghenetega, from Sapele, Delta State. They will explain to you what they (not me) know. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Charles Agyinasare Celebrates His Wife's Birthday With A Boat Trip (Photos) / 14 Reasons Why I Love Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.