Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? (37809 Views)

What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by PrettyGaby(f): 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
[quote
author=breezy047]

You sure love to exert the muscles and sweat it out.

Its good. Keep it up. You'd be 'more fit' than the average and would
have forgotten you were child-laboring. . .many seconds before the
doctor comes in.[/quote]
really? how does sport help with that?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Okuda(m): 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2013
ayobase: This matter indeed called for attention walahi.

If indeed these people died TRULY or SAW the vision in order to bring these pieces of information with a common message, then I wanna believe that ear rings and other are better done away with.

Do the calculation yourself.....1000 years is like 1 day before God. And who go fit spend reach 150 yrs now. So its like God asking one to do away with somethings for just 4 hrs.

This stands true IFF they indeed had an encounter.

The Bible even made it clear that God cursed these things when the Isrealites made a graven image from them. And there is another part God used these same things to describe beauty. I guess he was only relating with them based on their level of knowledge about beauty.

The point is we can go ahead to debating this course without making headway, but what I want us to pray for is divine PERSONAL encounter. And how does one know if it is good or not when one can't hear from Him.

God has been using different media to talk to us, but we tend to take them for granted. God told that rich man that there is no point sending him back to the earth if we wouldn't listen to his prophets. But now, God is sending people with encounter to warn us just as the rich man pleaded for the other day.

Remember, I'm replying solely on IFF they are not lying about the visions or encounters with the Master.

Thank God I no be woman sha...we men no get wahala at all...no complications....any man wey dey wear ear rings is even tagged!

I even heard one saying, na women plenty pass for hell, while na men plenty pass for heaven.

One even said that only about 20 people are fit to make heaven in the whole of Ibadan. Eleyi gidi gan sha.

To make heaven no be moi moi o.

It reminds me of one conference by RCCG, where it was divinely made known that only 3 people would make heaven among the Pastors, workers and people that came for the programme despite how many people surrendered their lives to Christ during the course of the programme.....Lobatan!

Sometimes, I just wanna throw cautions to the wind and live my life to its fullest, but "what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and loses his soul" does come to mind......"Work out your faith with fear and trembling"

Some of us are just common Church goers, no expectation when going to Church. Some of us can't even define our relationship with God.

Things don change since the days of John the Baptist fa....na by Violence to make heaven now o. One has to be rugged!

I pray God helps us all to stop questioning Him, and analysing His warnings for our comfort.

On the matter on ground, two (2) things are involved;

1. If u died without ear rings, and God said ear rings is allowed in heaven. Atleast, you will be happy u made heaven. That is 100-0 risk.

2. If u died with ear rings, and God said ear rings is not allowed in heaven. Na hell be that. That's 50-50 risk.

We rather not gamble with eternal life, we need to be sure!

Biko, no be only ear rings go determine whether one go make heaven.

I thought God is only concerned with the inside, and not the outside.

Whatever thing u can't do away with is a god.....mine na music...yeah right!

God helps us all.

Who am I to condemn anyone.....mine has always been, "be moderate in everything you do"

Bro, I love you for this. No other person could have said it any better. Gba be!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
This is a means of control. It is an elaborate plan of the enemy to wear people out.
You know how hopeless you feel when another person comes back from "hell" saying things like these.
It makes us ask the question "So who will make heaven then?" in despair. Our focus is then removed from God and then shifted to ourselves, trying to be self-righteous, forgetting what Christ has already done and that we are to live by the spirit, not by a silly combination of Do's and Don'ts.

This manner of living hinders people. Makes people less bold. Less able to be used by the holy spirit on earth. Why?! Because you have allowed the devil to scare you stiff to be walking on egg shells all your life because of certain questionable "hell" messages. And for those who can't walk on egg shells all life long, he hopes these things to erode their confidence and wear them out, establishing hopelessness deep in their souls in the intent that they go "to hell with it" and go deep in their depravity.

Like the bible said, there is noone that needs to be taught anything new about these things, because the spirit would have laid it upon your heart moments ago. One thing is certain, no christian will end up in hell "by-surprise". You will know where you are headed from your inner witness and how you are following that inner witness. The effects of Fear from external sources should be minimized.

Live rightly as it satisfies your spirit. Cheat no-one so your spirit is not grieved over it. Do not lie so your spirit is not confused and war against you....It is all about YOUR SPIRIT.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
igbeke: Where in d Holy Bible were we taught anything dat is against earrings?
Job was said to be a perfect and upright man before God. JOB1:1
Yet when God was.to restore him, EARRING OF GOLD was among the presents he was given. Job 42:11
Did u ever wonder what he did with them?
ask me and I.will tell u.
Are we supposed to kno The Bible.more than The Almighty God that gave it?
Well this is my opinion:
moderation is what the Holy Bible asked us to apply in everything we do.
for the people that are like doubting thomas go and read exodus 33 vs 1 to 5 and I timothy 2 vs 9
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
Okuda:

Bro, I love you for this. No other person could have said it any better. Gba be!

sis that your earing na wa O. If you dey that band wagon, you suppose rip am commot your ear shocked
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by salvarhymes: 4:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
igbeke: Where in d Holy Bible were we taught anything dat is against earrings?
Job was said to be a perfect and upright man before God. JOB1:1
Yet when God was.to restore him, EARRING OF GOLD was among the presents he was given. Job 42:11
Did u ever wonder what he did with them?
ask me and I.will tell u.
Are we supposed to kno The Bible.more than The Almighty God that gave it?
Well this is my opinion:
moderation is what the Holy Bible asked us to apply in everything we do.
let me address ur problem. In dos days, Gold, silver etc wear used mostly in building d temple of God and for trade. At d time d Israelites were using dem as jewelries, d man of God asked dem to bring their idols so dey can b burnt. Dnt b surprised, they willingly brought their jewelries. So if dos ornaments were nt against d wil of God, y did dey bring dem to b burnt? D truth is we as humans likes interpreting d bible to suit our sinful nature. So lets jst kip His commandments. Tnx
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Tobise10: 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2013
" And when the people heard these evil tidings, they mourned: and no man did put on him his ornaments" (Exodus 33:4)

" For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will
come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and
consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments
from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee" (Exodus 33:5).

"Now all these things happened unto them for
ensamples: and they are written for our
admonition, upon whom the ends of the
world are come" (1 Corinthians 10:11).
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ImaBruno: 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
idnoble135:
Enough of all these hell visions! Ok... Follow me as i try to explain this.
Q. What makes you become a child of God?
A. Because you believe in Jesus, right? John 1:12
Q. What made you recieve salvation?
A. Because you believed and confessed Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, right? Rom 10:10...
Q. Was it by any of your works?
A. No! Ephe 2:8
So what makes you think you can remain saved by mere works if you did not get saved by your works? Gal 3:3 So, simple belief and acceptance of the saving work of Christ makes you a candidate for heaven. How then did wearing ear rings make you go to hell? How can you believe in Jesus and yet go to hell because you wear ear ring? Its not possible.
Besides, care to tell me how wearing of ear ring is a sin? What of the whites that wear this and still make heaven?
This thing came as a result of we trying to"africanize" christianity. Jesus made the christian life simple, no need to complicate it.
The word of God is bigger than any vision. Therefore, i refuse to accept that ear rings makes people go to hell.

Well I think, we can still believe in Jesus and still be lyeing, fornicating, smoking etc since our works do not count in maintaining our salvation, then after u might have believed in Jesus, d passage that says 'work out ur salvation'... Shouldn't come to play.
I got convinced when I read a place that says 'and thou shall not make any pierceing or cutting in ur skin, its we humans that pierce the ear lobe of a girl child when she is born.
No matter your skin colour, the word of God is the same, it can't change to favour some people, that is why the bible says that the day of the Lord will be terrible cos 'MANY' people will not make it.
Well I will end by saying that in every rumour, there is always an atom of truth. Whether u want to believe in the vision of the people(both black and white) that have seen hell or not, the truth remains that there is a warning.
He that has an ear let him hear
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Kgdavid(m): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ima Bruno:
Well I think, we can still believe in Jesus and still be lyeing, fornicating, smoking etc since our works do not count in maintaining our salvation, then after u might have believed in Jesus, d passage that says 'work out ur salvation'... Shouldn't come to play.
I got convinced when I read a place that says 'and thou shall not make any pierceing or cutting in ur skin, its we humans that pierce the ear lobe of a girl child when she is born.
No matter your skin colour, the word of God is the same, it can't change to favour some people, that is why the bible says that the day of the Lord will be terrible cos 'MANY' people will not make it.
Well I will end by saying that in every rumour, there is always an atom of truth. Whether u want to believe in the vision of the people(both black and white) that have seen hell or not, the truth remains that there is a warning.

but ur circumcised aren't you? why is it that you people cannot read properly? the place you are talking about says thou shalt not make piercings or cutting in your skin in honor of the dead!!! stop taking verses out of context!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by furay: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
addictiv:
[size=14pt]maybe i skipped the part where he asked them to put them on.. pls interprete the bible the way it is, .......did jesus put on earings??....[/size]
okay,wait...I agree Jesus didn't wear ear rings,but nowadays if some boys keep there hair to be like a woman's own,some Christians will say he is irresponsible,abeg for all d Jesus film wey u don dey watch,na for which 1 u see say Jesus barbe "Afarikondo" grin cheesy
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
Waoh! How on earth did i not follow this thread? How? Too bad... Okkk.... Lets see....
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
This guys are warped up in conventional thinking. No wonder! Many will hold on to long held tradition even when it is proven to be false by the scripture.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ima Bruno:
Hum... sir, if you were not saved by anything you did, how then could you remain saved by anything you did. Ephe 2:8.
Ok... Let me ask instead. Would you have been saved if you refuse to wear earring so as to make heaven(meanwhile, you did not accept Jesus)?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ayobase(m): 11:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
Okuda:

Thanks!
Its just the way it is.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ezeibe:
Without HOLINESS NO EYES SHALL GOD!.......
Wearing of ear ring is now a breach of holiness?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 19, 2013
undi-geh:
We become believers through obedience and submission to God through Jesus Christ. It can be reversed through willing disobedience. And that makes somebody a sinner or more appropriately a child of the devil. ( 1 John 3:4)

Sin or transgression is more than wearing earrings or ornamentation of any kind. Unbelieving is a sin, lying, the most commonest among humans including nominal Christians take one to he'll. (Rev. 21:cool Rev.21:8
The word of God gives a stern warning saying " Love not the world....., for all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but of the world." (1 John 2: 15-16)

Read also 1Peter 3: 3 & 4
It further said "so then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." (Rom. 8: cool Romans 8:8

Where are you now? You have to choose pleasing God or your flesh and its lust. The choice is yours. What will it profit you if you please your self in this world and lost your soul in eternity?.
Are you obedience or disobedience to the express command of God.
When reading the Bible, who aid your interpretation and its application to your life, its author or Satan?

BEWARE ! ! !
Clearly, what you typed is what you believe with obviously no scriptural foundation. I guess you support not wearing ear ring. Whats your bible backing?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
smurfy:

Please stop pointing at whites as if they are a role model to us all. They are definitely anything but that.

As for earrings, I'd advise you apply the WWJD principle.

A man of God once preached to a crowd about the reality of hell and the need to escape it.

After he had gone, a vile fellow mounted the podium, telling the sobered crowd hell wasn't real.

Well, a woman got up and said the following: You tell us there's no hell, heaven or judgment after death. The other man confessed all these? Man, wouldn't it be better to live a holy life, die and discover there is no God or hell than to live a careless, Godless life and at the end face an angry God?

The man's answer? Speechlessness.
You wont type that if you were reading your bible. What alot of you say on this thread is what you were told and not what you discovered.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by GoodBoi1(m): 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
breezy047:

I purposely mentioned 'hair braiding'

I wouldn't know what kind of hair braiding Timothy was speaking on at that time. It may be different from what applies now. . .

You made an exception. Clap for yourself... I believe if you were told hair braiding is sin, it would have been another debate. What do you make of Isaiah 61: 10?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by dammygoody(m): 12:43am On Aug 20, 2013
alpha conde: If wearing ear rings is a sin then putting on clothes is a sin. How can we be beautifying ourselves enhancing God s creation and one jerk comes to say its a sin. Any one who listens to that woman and believes her lacks education.
do you really need to ENHANCE GOD'S CREATION,isn't it already PERFECT!!!! Just askin.......
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 20, 2013
dammygoody:
do you really need to ENHANCE GOD'S CREATION,isn't it already PERFECT!!!! Just askin.......
thats what we are saying. God created you nake^d, so why bother wearing clothes? Did he not make you prefect?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 20, 2013
Dreal1247: Pray for God to open your eyes and also to help you effect the change if necessary. I learnt from one of the confessions that when Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola stopped earrings, that was the year that many people made heaven. If God does not want it, why not let go of it. After all, whatsoever one cannot forgo for God's sake is considered idol or another god. The Lord God will surely see us through.

Listen to your dumb self. How did you know they made heaven? How did whoever made that assertion know they made heaven? Are you the gate-man of heaven?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by alexleo(m): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
idnoble135:
thats what we are saying. God created you nake^d, so why bother wearing clothes? Did he not make you prefect?

We are wearing clothes today because Godd said we should wear clothes. God himself clothed Adam and Eve in Genesis 3:21 -

21 Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.

You people are just using anything to defend yourselves even when it doesn't fit in. By the way have u failed to recognize the fact that the being naked you are giving as example here will lead to more sin? Nobody is forcing you people to stop wearing your make up(which simply means making up God's deficiencies). Whatever we are doing, pls ensure its not gonna be a barier for you at heavens gate. If you miss heaven, you ll be of all men most miserable. May God help us all. Amen.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
Pain: Any God that will descend sow low to be concerned about trivialities like jewelries and even go to the length of casting people into an eternal soup of sulphur and brimstome for adorning it is definitely not the creator of the eternal soul.

It must be a very bitter fallen angel. You must be indeed wary of such a god.

May the Eternal GOD of PEACE find you and bear fruit in your lives dear over exploited africans. The massive exploitation of the our Continent in the 17-20th century by the Euro American Jews is over but the residue of the vapour they sold to us still remains dominant in the African Psyche. When will we realize that the Favoritism god Contraption of the Jews was a BIG LIE used to lay claim to the fruit of labour of other societies. One Day and I mean very soon all these charade will end.

should we then follow the blood thirsty god of the m*&&&&#$ and his peadophile prophet?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by alexleo(m): 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
idnoble135:

We are wearing clothes today because God said we should wear clothes. God himself clothed Adam and Eve in Genesis 3:21 -

21 Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.

You people are just using anything to defend yourselves even when it doesn't fit in. By the way have u failed to recognize the fact that the being naked you are giving as example here will lead to more sin? Nobody is forcing you people to stop wearing your make up(which simply means making up God's deficiencies). Whatever we are doing, pls ensure its not gonna be a barier for you at heavens gate. If you miss heaven, you ll be of all men most miserable. May God help us all. Amen.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
alexleo:

We are wearing clothes today because Godd said we should wear clothes. God himself clothed Adam and Eve in Genesis 3:21 -

21 Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.

God used covered Adam with clothes? Are you sure?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
alexleo:
Besides, rather than propose all of those, can you show from the scriptures? I have a problem with people when they cave into believing something out of fear or swallowing all what they were taught without taking out time to verify for themselves. Even the Bereans did not believe all what the great Apostle Paul taught until they verify from the scripture. Acts 17:11.
My friend, with the rate at which you are active in the religion section, i assumed you read the bible to discover the truth yourself. In any way, my advice is, do your personal study.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by alexleo(m): 12:38am On Aug 21, 2013
idnoble135:
God used covered Adam with clothes? Are you sure?

I quoted Genesis 3:21 where it mentioned that God CLOTHED Adam and Eve. This nulifiers what you are trying to do here by comparing wearing of clothes with wearing of ear rings. The two are not the same and need not be compared. That's the simple point.
Cloth plays a role in our health, fashion and spiritual life (as in someone's dressing can put somebody into temptation). Cloth is an essential commodity in our lives. Its not something you can do without. I mean one can't leave his or her house without cloth. But earring is not an essential commodity. It has no health profit for those who use it. Its not also what determines beauty neither does it determine neatness. A lot of people are living their lives without it yet they are still beautiful. My dear it has no comparison with clothes.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by GoodBoi1(m): 2:29am On Aug 21, 2013
^^^What if the jewelries are made of steel, copper, bronze etc ?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:42am On Aug 21, 2013
alexleo:

I quoted Genesis 3:21 where it mentioned that God CLOTHED Adam and Eve. This nulifiers what you are trying to do here by comparing wearing of clothes with wearing of ear rings. The two are not the same and need not be compared. That's the simple point.
Cloth plays a role in our health, fashion and spiritual life (as in someone's dressing can put somebody into temptation). Cloth is an essential commodity in our lives. Its not something you can do without. I mean one can't leave his or her house without cloth. But earring is not an essential commodity. It has no health profit for those who use it. Its not also what determines beauty neither does it determine neatness. A lot of people are living their lives without it yet they are still beautiful. My dear it has no comparison with clothes.
God did not clothe them in the sense of wearing clothes on them. God covered their unclothedness with leaves. Now the Lord is perfect.
If the Lord will cover us with leaves, then leaves are definitely what we need.
Would it not be a sin to wear real clothes? Because God could have provided such but gave them leaves. Are we not trying to say God's work is imperfect? smiley
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by alexleo(m): 8:18am On Aug 21, 2013
idnoble135:
God did not clothe them in the sense of wearing clothes on them. God covered their unclothedness with leaves. Now the Lord is perfect.
If the Lord will cover us with leaves, then leaves are definitely what we need.
Would it not be a sin to wear real clothes? Because God could have provided such but gave them leaves. Are we not trying to say God's work is imperfect? smiley

My fried you are shifting base now rather than accept that your comparison with cloth and earring does not hold water. Let me remind you where we started. You made a response that if earring should not be used since we said people should be natural as God created them, that people should also not wear cloth because we are not created with it. I now showed you that it is God that instituted wearing of cloth and further draw a difference between cloth and earring. Now instead of accepting that you are wrong you now asked me whether am sure God clothed Adam and Eve, I refered you to Genesis 3:21. Now you are saying God used leaves to cover them and that we should continue to wear leaves. Na wa for you. This is completely out of our line of argument but let me still answer you. Ok Where did God use leaves to cloth Adam and Eve? When Adam and Eve saw they where na.ked they used leaves to make apron to cover themselves in Genesis 3:7, then in verse 21 of the same chapter God now used the skin of animal to make a coat for them. You don't even read up the scriptures that I quote, your own is just to argue and even argue out of line. The cloth you are wearing today what is it made of? You think its made out of crude oil? The issue here is whether we should wear cloth or not. You can still read up my earlier post where I drew comparison between cloth and earring. Read it with an open mind. Like I said, you people are arguing this thing as if your whole life depends on it that's why you people argue out of context. I no dey force you bros. Follow whatever you like. Judgment throne is an On Your Own(OYO) thing.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by amaralizzy40y: 8:22am On Aug 21, 2013
wearing earing is a sin u can read jeremiah 4v30.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

14 Reasons Why I Love Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.