Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Nigerian Naira And Its Value - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Naira And Its Value (18286 Views)

SEE The Nigerian Naira's Exchange Rate To The Dollar As At Today / Brief History Of The Fall Of The Nigerian Naira / Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Naira And Its Value by amaboss(m): 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
From time to time, new Naira notes are pumped into the economy, billions of money spent to improve the face of the Naira notes but little attention paid to how to improve the value of the Naira notes. Someone said "Beauty comes from within." The real beauty of the Naira note is not gotten from improving the face. You treasure what you value, so long as the Naira is not valued, new notes will be pumped to persuade people to treasure it.

There was a time Nigeria's currency had the same value as the US Dollar, if not higher. Where did all that go to? Was it not the same Nigerians that handled the economy of Nigeria back then that make it possible? How then is it possible that the Dollar is now over a hundred and fifty times more valued than the Nigerian Naira? Are aliens now controlling our economy? Where we talk of releasing new Naira notes, we should be talking of improving the value of the Naira. Let us all go back to the drawing board and correct where we all got it wrong. There is still hope for the Nigerian Naira.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by skyscraperTM(m): 10:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
qone are those days when i used to buy...

bread for 10n now 60n.
a bottle of coke for 20n.
abacha cap (snack) five each for 5n etc.

i won`t forqet coins. my dad used to qive me 10n to school everyday which consists coins and sometimes kobo. the funny part is that i will used the money to feed myself and my neiqhbour whom parents doesn`t qive him any money to school and we`ll be over-fed. sometimes i have to scrape the sides of the coin on a sharp floor to make it shiny because the seller miqht not accept it from me if it is rusty. i also would not forqet baba that used to 'dash' us' coins whenever we qo to dance for him at home. (may his soul rest in peace). also, i would not forqet when me and my partners in crime lipsrsealed used to qo to the several three junctions around my crib to pick coins from 'uzobo' (a bini word meaninq fetish sacrifice). why did i centered more on coins?! that's because it`s no lonqer in existence, soon enouqh the 5n will also phases out.
not too lonq aqo there was a thread here on nairaland askinq when was the last time we had 5naira in the wallet https://www.nairaland.com/1439168/when-last-time-n5-wallet that is suppose to be a denomination of a country.
i remember the niqeria currency once had more value than the qhana cedi but today the reverse is the case.
Naija, i hail thee!

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by fuckfuckman(m): 10:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
Abeg I wan phocc

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
Abeg who go borrow me 30 naira to enter keke napep?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by Jaydruke(m): 10:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
Short of comment!
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by fckyourman: 10:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
Corruption and Weak Economy Made Naira Lost its value.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by brightleave(m): 10:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
HOPE, well even the dolla bills don tire for the naira. front page sha
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by shegsrules(m): 11:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ask ibb, cus na tenure our money drop value

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by CharliParker: 11:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
Are we waiting for Owelle the man of the people he said that he will make our currency to have value that u can go to any country and buy goods with the sum of #1,000
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
seriously, op
you have not said anything. i expected to see list of ways to hand the note or ways of increasing our export thereby adding value to the Naira lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by presegsADESIDA(m): 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
It should be improved
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by ojdollars(m): 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
amaboss: From time to time, new Naira notes are pumped into the economy, billions of money spent to improve the face of the Naira notes but little attention paid to how to improve the value of the Naira notes. Someone said "Beauty comes from within." The real beauty of the Naira note is not gotten from improving the face. You treasure what you value, so long as the Naira is not valued, new notes will be pumped to persuade people to treasure it.

There was a time Nigeria's currency had the same value as the US Dollar, if not higher. Where did all that go to? Was it not the same Nigerians that handled the economy of Nigeria back then that make it possible? How then is it possible that the Dollar is now over a hundred and fifty times more valued than the Nigerian Naira? Are aliens now controlling our economy? Where we talk of releasing new Naira notes, we should be talking of improving the value of the Naira. Let us all go back to the drawing board and correct where we all got it wrong. There is still hope for the Nigerian Naira.

@amaboss ... You have a valid point, but what happened if you write the Dailies, Channel TV, Vanguard to get your point across to where it needs to really get to? I mean, na so Foreign people they do am naaaa.. Thank you for your Patriotic concern...
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by etochi11(m): 11:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
God bless nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by everyday: 11:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
This is a reallu great thread.I do hope to learn something here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by Andyblaze: 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
I'm too rich to care
n.p naughty boy ft sam smith - la la la
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by lymelyte(m): 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
Importation,corruption and self-centeredness destroyed naira.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by ichommy(m): 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
pDude: Abeg who go borrow me 30 naira to enter keke napep?

PDude, you fall my hand big time 30 for Keke, by this time. Where are you coming from?
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by moshino(m): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
amaboss: From time to time, new Naira notes are pumped into the economy, billions of money spent to improve the face of the Naira notes but little attention paid to how to improve the value of the Naira notes. Someone said "Beauty comes from within." The real beauty of the Naira note is not gotten from improving the face. You treasure what you value, so long as the Naira is not valued, new notes will be pumped to persuade people to treasure it.

[b]You have too much Naira chasing too few dollars. The only thing you export to earn Dollars is oil. You have huge balance of trade deficit. You have dilapidated/non-existent infrastructure. You do not attract enough foreign investment because of MASSIVE corruption, insecurity, failed educational system that do not provide developed manpower, you waste too much austere capital on ostentatious living rather than on capital investment. And the Nigerian masses rather than DEMAND accountability from their government officials, you worship and hail them after they have stolen you blind and built obscene mansions for themselves, and bought big cars, all with your commonwealth. The problem is YOU, the Nigerian masses, you have NO clue, and you are too docile. You demand NOTHING from your leaders while you call them rulers. They know you are easily satisfied, fooled and distracted, they know you do NOT have the nerve and guts to do anything, so they keep screwing you over and over and over again. It will continue until you wake up and stand up for your rights.[/b]

54 Likes

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by ichommy(m): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
lymelyte: Importation,corruption and self-centeredness ness destroyed naira.
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
Economic meltdown
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by iamswizz(m): 11:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
fuckfuckman: Abeg I wan phocc
shebi u get mama? mumu
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by swhiss: 11:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
pDude: Abeg who go borrow me 30 naira to enter keke napep?

no keke for road by this time...wait for my Witch craft i jes sendam to come pick u

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by searay(m): 11:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
I can't comment under the influence of W... I'l be right back.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by swhiss: 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
fuckfuckman: Abeg I wan phocc
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2013
swhiss:

no keke for road by this time...wait for my Witch craft i jes sendam to come pick u

I am coming from Canoga Park grin
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
You make sense my guy.
moshino:

[b]You have too much Naira chasing too few dollars. The only thing you export to earn Dollars is oil. You have huge balance of trade deficit. You have dilapidated/non-existent infrastructure. You do not attract enough foreign investment because of MASSIVE corruption, insecurity, failed educational system that do not provide developed manpower, you waste too much austere capital on ostentatious living rather than on capital investment. And the Nigerian masses rather than DEMAND accountability from their government officials, you worship and hail them after they have stolen you blind and built obscene mansions for themselves, and bought big cars, all with your commonwealth. The problem is YOU, the Nigerian masses, you have NO clue, and you are too docile. You demand NOTHING from your leaders while you call them rulers. They know you are easily satisfied, fooled and distracted, they know you do NOT have the nerve and guts to do anything, so they keep screwing over and over and over again. It will continue until you wake up andstand for your rights.[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by Djtm(m): 11:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
smh. Someone once said "Why would a country's currency value be twice yours, I mean two times!". Alas our currency is 160times inferior to a dollar. Smh. I remember the times that if you have 1million naira you'd be considered rich. Now if you don't have a million naira you are poor. undecided sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by TheGeneral1(m): 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
You have to learn from ur junior brothers - Gh
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by Ndoz(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
ichommy:

PDude, you fall my hand big time 30 for Keke, by this time. Where are you coming from?
ash qtr grin
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by EzePromoe: 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
It would thus look like comedy when I tell some kids here that I once bought a basin of garri for N5 around 1990 undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by greatgod2012(f): 11:48pm On Oct 09, 2013
Devaluation of our currency is one of the major steps to take to regain the value of our naira.
Re: Nigerian Naira And Its Value by Oiza4yemi: 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
It wll get 2 a point when 1 dollar wll be equal to 1000 naira if we are nt kiaful. youth lets do smtin fast

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Hardworking Women Of Nigeria's Underground Economy / 8 Mistakes I Made Starting An Online Business In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! / Chuky Ezenwa Celebrates Birthday With N2.7 Million Empowerment For Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.