Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali (8039 Views)

Buhari Conferred With Equatorial Guinea's Highest National Honour / Dino Melaye Conferred As Jarman Of Okuta (Pics) / Buhari Inspecting Guard Of Honour In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by karlmax2: 10:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has been conferred with the Grand Crois of the Nationale by the interim president Diangunda Traore in the presidential villa, and it is said to be the highest honour of the Republic of Mali.

Before decorating the President Jonathan, the visiting interim president said the honour was for Jonathan’s pivotal role in the restoration of peace and security in that country.

Professor Traore described the crisis as one that shook the entire nation for many months and thanked the Nigerian president for not hesitating in sending human, financial and material resources to rescue his nation.

In his response, President Jonathan said that what he did was a confirmation of the commitment of Nigeria to conflict resolution in the African continent.

He said that inspite of the loss, Nigeria remains committed in supporting the course of peace in Mali.

The President also congratulated Mali’s President-elect, Mr. Ibrahim Boubacar Keita on his victory in last Sunday’s run-off Presidential election in the country.

He commended the people of Mali for successfully conducting the elections and taking a major step towards the full restoration of democratic governance to their country and that he is looking forward to the conclusion of the process with Mr. Keita’s inauguration as President in keeping with the wish of the Malian people as expressed at the polls on Sunday.

The President said he believes that for Mr. Keita to have served as Prime Minister capably for many years, Mr. Keita will assume the Malian Presidency with the requisite experience, knowledge and wisdom needed to guide the country towards a speedy return to peace, normalcy, political stability and further development.

President Jonathan assured Mr. Keita of the support, assistance and cooperation of Nigeria, ECOWAS and the African Union as he prepares to assume the burden of leading Mali away from political strife and instability, to national peace and progress.

He wished the Malian President-elect a very successful tenure in office.

www.channelstv.com

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by ofala(m): 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nigeria's role in several International peace missions are quite laudable BUT do we have peace here in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Biodup: 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
Congratulation my amiable presido. I admire everything about u, may ur days be long sir.

31 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Maidoki14(m): 12:22am On Aug 16, 2013
But y? Na uncle joe fight d war? An dey ar still owing our soldiers dat restore peace in mali

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by cjrane: 1:05am On Aug 16, 2013
soon nigerians will be deported from Mali grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by solomon111(m): 3:31am On Aug 16, 2013
I hope we are getting something in return,because it seems we've no friends in africa.
So we might as well get "paid" for our efforts instead of hiding under a delusion of "african brotherhood".

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 16, 2013
cjrane: soon nigerians will be deported from Mali grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin
Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 16, 2013
ofala: Nigeria's role in several International peace missions are quite laudable BUT do we have peace here in Nigeria?
which country has peace?

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by homesteady(m): 8:35am On Aug 16, 2013
A prophet is not honoured in his homeland!

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by momodub: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2013
sad angry nice one

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by MrAboki: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2013
While APC are hating on him in Nigeria, [size=16pt]President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Abdullahi Temitope Coulibaily Jonathan[/size] has just been made the Egberipapa 1 of Mali..

Congratulations Your Excellency Sir..

48 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Ayomax(m): 10:05am On Aug 16, 2013
GEJ can only get such award in MALI

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by triploc: 10:06am On Aug 16, 2013
am at a job interview venue am among the next batch to enter,pls wish me luck my dear friends.

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by fpeter(f): 10:06am On Aug 16, 2013
okay
Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by fpeter(f): 10:07am On Aug 16, 2013
triploc: am at a job interview venue am among the next batch to enter,pls wish me luck my dear friends.

Go in and be successful! remember to sow ur first fruit here
and tithe to Seun

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:07am On Aug 16, 2013
what for?
Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 16, 2013
on behalf of yuzedo and i, I give you my own award oyege ogborikoko awarawa shugashuga retarnadeen one of banana Iceland I greet sir

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:08am On Aug 16, 2013
Ok
Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by ignis: 10:09am On Aug 16, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
what for?
For deploying troops to Mali.
Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by nerodenero: 10:09am On Aug 16, 2013
karl max: Before decorating the President Jonathan, the visiting interim president said the honour was for Jonathan’s pivotal role in the restoration of peace and security in that country.

In his response, President Jonathan said that what he did was a confirmation of the commitment of Nigeria to conflict resolution in the African continent.

He said that inspite of the loss, Nigeria remains committed in supporting the course of peace in Mali.

Ghana, South Africa and recently Botswana e.t.c had at one time or the other deported Nigerians and I know for sure Mali will do same. This big brother role Nigeria plays don't merit anything, rather, the smaller African countries just develop hatred and envy for us. It is high time we started channelling our resources towards bettering our own country.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Pedagogue: 10:10am On Aug 16, 2013
If possible,they should make him the president of Mali...

As usual, GEJ and his cronies are seeking to derive political advantages from this 'honour'.

My message to them is simple: A president that has no honour at home is no President !!!

I hope they know his continuity in office will be determined NOT by foreigners BUT by Nigerians...

Awards and 'honours' do not win elections ...Performance can- And on this score, GEJ's performance has been WOEFUL

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by donfatosa(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2013
triploc: am at a job interview venue am among the next batch to enter,pls wish me luck my dear friends.

Goodluck
Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Tinoxky: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2013
God's grace, dnt let them intimidate you!
Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Shaadey: 10:12am On Aug 16, 2013
Pers0n go open thread una go show anoda tin @op mk we buy asó ebi na use celebrate
Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Holadokun(m): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2013
*just passing by*
Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Lordave: 10:12am On Aug 16, 2013
Ayomax: GEJ can only get such award in MALI
how many have you gotten in your village??

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by MrAboki: 10:14am On Aug 16, 2013

My Son, it is well with you... Recieve your blessing and spiritual employment letter in Jesus name;

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Hernadez99: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2013
We wish you Goodluck,just like our President,you would be honoured with the best available job.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by PBeni(m): 10:15am On Aug 16, 2013
*observing while sipping my coffee*

And oh, i made frontpage today...

Maybe i'll be first to comment some other time...
Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by amiskurie(m): 10:16am On Aug 16, 2013
HEHEE!
NA WHO DASH MONKEY BANANA BIKO?
Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by Soso990240(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2013
If you dont value what u have,someone somewhere de envy u..wishing to have it..#JEG.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali by phil5(m): 10:19am On Aug 16, 2013
go wit Gods favour ,u shall cm out smiling ,dnt forget to update us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking!! ANAMBRA Presidential Election Result / Pics: Biafrans Storm 10 Downing Street This Afternoon In Protest / Ganduje Empowers Petty Traders With N135m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.