Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads (8067 Views)

Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets / Lagos returns 3,105 poor persons, lunatics to six states / Buhari/bakare: I Prefer Fanatics To Lunatics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Vanityupnvanity(m): 10:13am On Aug 16, 2013
By the time they(lunatics) will begin to protest against such an act in that your ibadan eehhhhh, they will not leave anything on their path. They will see everyone as part of those doing the evacuation. My advice to the lunatics is that they should seek for permission from the police before protesting and make sure they don‘t trample on other peoples right.
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by born9ice: 10:19am On Aug 16, 2013
acidosis™:

You people have started again..

Do not let your governors captivate your minds via slogans, logos, anthems and poems..

Already we have a National anthem and a pledge. We do not need irrelevant segregations.

pls read the message very well.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 16, 2013
Please they should help remove the destitute fulani/chadians/hausa/nigeriens/gambians in and around Mokola round about too abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 16, 2013
Thumbs up for Oyo government .This is the right way to address issues.If a people are gradually becoming a problem to you remove them from the street and rehabilitate them and not send back to their home town.Wise government (oyo my my people).Oyoy omo ekun ,omo langi langi

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 16, 2013
What about the weed smoking corporate lunatics who squander Nigerian economy and LAUGH AT THE POOR ?! angry

'clap! clap ! clap ! They Collected people and pit in bus to CLEAR STREET of UNWANTED HUMAN BEINGS ! Or perhaps they are are planning to rehabilitate them as they do in developed countries by :

1. Attending to their medical needs with MODERN medication,and therapy.
2. Educating them to do jobs as they do in UK, whether in small industries and workshops.
3. Providing Clean safe accomodation with 'Care workers' who can monitor them.
4. Helping their families so they can assimilate into society.

NO... I think not! They were probably given 1 gala to eat...a sachet of pure water and put into a dark room and rough handled with warning not to moove or talk. embarassed

Those who are laughing and even being ethnically bigotted should pray they do not become mad themselves or produce mental children... A CIVILISED COUNTRY TREATS ALL CITIZENS WELL ! When people are cared for by government....eg Housing, Health, Education...then you will see progression...till then oya laugh, because it was not your Aunty, Mama or Papa whe get bundled into bus little goats! mtcheeew
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 16, 2013
Note above comment>> Meant to type Bundled LIKE goats ! lolz
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2013
Mr Aboki:

How did they miss picking you up?!

Hello Gov.!! I have found 2 more on Nairaland, please send Back up and the Black Maria..
Bring Big Chain too.. These ones are violent!!

Hahahahahahah grin grin grin grin infact Im speechless ! Im from UK so they allow us to walk around, and live amoungst people !
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by madjune(m): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2013
AHA...NEXT THING THEY WILL DUMP THEM IN ONITSHA.
WE ARE WATCHING THEM.
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Kokobig: 10:55am On Aug 16, 2013
Not only Lunatics, They should also Work On, fraudsters, impostors, illegal traders and everyone that refuse to live by our rules of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by 360command: 11:14am On Aug 16, 2013
Good! This is why i like Nigeria when it comes to removing lunatics on the street, though more needs to be done. Unlike in Ghana where the people live with lunatics , see the lunatics everywhere and yet they do not do much about it. Nigeria neva spoil. Make we join hands build am.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by paparazzi1987(m): 11:24am On Aug 16, 2013
damibravo: Pls there are More lunatics in Ogbomoso o, we used to here they are dropped from people coming from the North but with the weed Smoking rate of the Youths here, there might be more MAD people
Are you a ladokite ? there is one fair kolo guy that dances a lot, is he still @ ogbomoso ?
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Dsecret: 11:28am On Aug 16, 2013
this Mr Aboki is the best troll/Joker on nairaland.I dey tell you.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Smooyis(m): 11:34am On Aug 16, 2013
pro01: As long as we're talking about real lunatics, no problem. They should be taken off the streets and rehabilitated in a mental institution, not death camps. Most, if not all, the lunatics are their fellow Odua descendants anyway (while beggars and destitutes are a 60/40 arrangement between core north and South West). You would not find an Igbo lunatic or beggar in the dusty streets of Ibadan or anywhere else in the South West for that matter.

As long as they're not illegally arresting petty traders and hustlers trying to eke an honest living and declare them "destitutes" as a ploy to deport them illegally, no problem.
Without being tribalistic, a petty trader who hawks on major highways or puts his or her wares on the road because of despiration for money, without regards to the value of life is also a lunatic, and deserves to be picked up.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Fadelex(m): 11:37am On Aug 16, 2013
it's not enuf to remove them from d streets, government should help these people to have a life worth living, set up rehabilitation centres, psychological evaluation centres, sober houses and so on... what about disabled people? old people, orphans, and so on... we need to provide support for all these people.. stop politicizing issues... I remember dat when Wembley stadium is being built, 5% of the total capacity was reserved for disable people, this is how society shld be... you put long bus on d road, av u ever thought of people that can't run nor walk? how will they join d bus? these are the fundamental issues we need to tackle if these country is to develop....

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 16, 2013
paparazzi1987:
Are you a ladokite ? there is one fair kolo guy that dances a lot, is he still @ ogbomoso ?
he is still there.
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by saved: 11:59am On Aug 16, 2013
Gboliwe: So this is the new agenda for the governors? Nice I must say. But lets not go arresting sane people going about their legal activities and tag them lunatics or destitutes.

Its funny how the men move around and just catch and throw in the said lunatics into a bus for reunion and rehab. Do they know how to catch real, very real raving lunatics? It isnt a day job. Not one I should envy.

Goodluck to them. Our roads and major cities should be bereft of mentally challenged people
:-- How dare you say GOODLUCK to them. It is better to be kindergartened in approach than to be lunatically, demoted to catching psychiatric PATIENTS. Infact, are you related to Chief Busy Ark&day? Our exhausted sorry (exhalted) rulers must be given honour due to them. Even, if they are LEARNERS. Thank,....i will put You later after being bashed by apologists.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2013
babe_online:
So ''basically'' what you are trying to say is that you are a mentally challenged person that lives in the UK. Interesting!!

lolz ! I was just joking to make a point hun. wink
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2013
Smooyis: Without being tribalistic, a petty trader who hawks on major highways or puts his or her wares on the road because of despiration for money, without regards to the value of life is also a lunatic, and deserves to be picked up.

Swear on your life that you have never patronised a street hawker in traffic. . . . .

In the (likely) case you have, then I guess lunacy (as you have defined it here) applies to both buyer and seller.

Besides, there is nothing 'tribal' about your opinion. Most of the people I see hawking "pure water", peeled oranges, boiled eggs (eyin sise, lol), and other low value items in and around Ibadan are Yoruba, as I assume you are.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
queenvic:

lolz ! I was just joking to make a point hun. wink
aiity! smiley
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Helplife: 12:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
Lolz. You guyz here are so funny but cant you see that this is getting serious?

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by SNOWWHITE240(m): 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2013
it is a good development taking lunatics and destitute off d street but dt rapartraite sane people going abt thier business all other governors follow suit
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2013
damibravo: Pls there are More lunatics in Ogbomoso o, we used to here they are dropped from people coming from the North but with the weed Smoking rate of the Youths here, there might be more MAD people

I tell u ma brother. 2 out of every 5 people u see on the street of Ogbomosho are mad. That place is the headquarter of madness,chronic madness..

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Shekson(m): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
Aint new. Naija is filled with people suffering from mental illnesses. Not evry1 in Naija is sane. Still an advocate of the need for Psychology as a striving profession in the country.
Even some people living in houses need treatment. Evidence and proof glaring in some news events.
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Gboliwe: 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2013
saved: :-- How dare you say GOODLUCK to them. It is better to be kindergartened in approach than to be lunatically, demoted to catching psychiatric PATIENTS. Infact, are you related to Chief Busy Ark&day? Our exhausted sorry (exhalted) rulers must be given honour due to them. Even, if they are LEARNERS. Thank,....i will put You later after being bashed by apologists.
next time you wish to address me, please write in Arabic or Chinese. Your English is incomprehensible to me
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
I want to use this medium to apologise to the MODs,Mukina2,Seun and all Nairalanders especially those from across the Niger for my earlier post which was hidden by the MOD.

In that post I had said,"they should all be sent to Onitsha".I had also asked "Where is the Governor of Anambra Mrs Peter Obi?"

I have since realised this to be a very foolish comment.Infact,I feel like FFK right now.
I hope my apology will be accepted by all parties as I also pledge to be a good God-Fearing,Water-Drinking nairalander from now on.
-Yours in Regret,
Kamanda Zamunda ESQ-Bsc,Msc,Phd,NNPC,CID,AIT,ITT.
Re: Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads by olatiler(m): 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2013
Anyway kudos to all commentator on NL many open more than ten tread without making single respond many do not even have NL account
Though up till this moment many can't figure out what is Nigeria problem, but if u asked me am gonna tell u the truth without lying
The only problem we have in this great Country is "TRIBALISM" though this has be on ground for many decades and it only has one single solution which is not 100% assured
Many NL think that we only have 6 tribe in this country, I against that we have more than thousands tribe and none of this tribe ware in support of others. Here my finding
Hausa will not support any Idea or Leader of SE, SW, SS even NE at the end of all opinion the rest tribe will turn it down
Though I ain't gonna beg no one to stop TRIBALISM cos nobody can change that among we Nigeria only REVOLUTION can do it and let everybody Bear their real name and DELETE that name called Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion / Kingsley Amafibe, Bashir Ahmad Bag Nigeria Youth Achievers Awards (Pictures) / Edo High Court Restrains LP From Suspending Julius Abure, Other Party EXCOs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.