Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? (24766 Views)

Check Out This Weird Plate Number / How To Swap New Plate Number From One Vehicle To Another. / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? by mrtnt: 6:54am On Aug 16, 2013
Does any1 know hw much it costs in Lagos?

Does d price vary frm 1 Local Govt 2 d other?

Hw long does it take 2 b ready?

Who's d issuing authority? Frsc or Lga?

Any reliable contact/gsm 2 reach 4 it?

Tnk u all.
Re: New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? by PublicEnemy1: 8:38am On Aug 17, 2013
Price is 25k in Lagos and its issued by the state government, not FRSC. However, if you are changing a number plate that's not in your own name, you have to pay a total of 38k for all the useless ancillary paperwork. You have to submit a passport photo and a copy of your dirver's license or some photo ID.

The price does vary from licensing centre to centre, some add 2 - 3k on top as their own egunje; I did a survey before I changed mine so I know. Went to about 4 different centres, who quoted me different prices ranging from the 25k to 28k. However, the dealbreaker is this: most centres will insist that you have to remove the old plates and submit them at the time you are applying for the new ones (which could take up to a week or more), and this consequently means that you won't be able to use your car for that length of time obviously. The centre I went to in Ebute Metta at Jebba Street allows you to apply and pay for the new number, but only submit your old plates at the time of collecting the new ones, so you still have the use of your car for the interim.

5 Likes

Re: New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? by Tupacx: 10:49am On Aug 17, 2013
All you need to know and for contact check this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1370441/renewal-registration-vehicles-cheapest-rate
Re: New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? by vitality22(m): 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
Please, guys I need Abuja Number plate. How much does it cost and who can help me out. Anyone in the house pls?
Re: New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? by EvilSirit: 2:32am On Aug 18, 2013
@Public Enemy...please where precisely on jebba street
Thanks
Re: New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? by Cyberknight: 6:57am On Aug 18, 2013
Public Enemy: Price is 25k in Lagos and its issued by the state government, not FRSC. However, if you are changing a number plate that's not in your own name, you have to pay a total of 38k for all the useless ancillary paperwork. You have to submit a passport photo and a copy of your dirver's license or some photo ID.

The price does vary from licensing centre to centre, some add 2 - 3k on top as their own egunje; I did a survey before I changed mine so I know. Went to about 4 different centres, who quoted me different prices ranging from the 25k to 28k. However, the dealbreaker is this: most centres will insist that you have to remove the old plates and submit them at the time you are applying for the new ones (which could take up to a week or more), and this consequently means that you won't be able to use your car for that length of time obviously. The centre I went to in Ebute Metta at Jebba Street allows you to apply and pay for the new number, but only submit your old plates at the time of collecting the new ones, so you still have the use of your car for the interim.

This is correct. The prices start from 21k and upwards. I actually changed my plates at the Jebba Street Licensing Office too. I paid 25k and I didn't have to submit my plates until when the number came out, which made things easier. For those who are interested, its best to go round 3 or 4 of the licensing offices in your area, the prices do vary, so just see where you can get the best deal. Also remember that fakes are already available (Naija, the beloved country), so its best you go to a licensing office and get yours; if it turns out to be fake you have proof of where you got it from. Poster, I'm not sure of the specific street number for the licensing office, but its not necessary; just get to the area and ask any one where it is, obviously. Its about 3 houses down from an LG dealership.
Re: New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? by Alldruns: 6:24am On Aug 22, 2013
Gd info!

But what is d possibility of just changing d old car plate no. to new one (Lagos no.) if I'm in Rivers state considering dropping off d old no. at d collectn of d new one?

Pls can some1 help out?
Re: New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? by Cyberknight: 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
Alldruns: Gd info!

But what is d possibility of just changing d old car plate no. to new one (Lagos no.) if I'm in Rivers state considering dropping off d old no. at d collectn of d new one?

Pls can some1 help out?

If the state that issued your number plates is part of the Auto Reg system, you can get a Lagos number. I was given to understand that there are about 17 states involved whose number plates can be changed for Lagos numbers. For some reason, Abuja is specifically excluded. A friend of mine whose car has an Abuja number was told (in 2 separate licensing offices) that he cannot be given a Lagos number and must get another Abuja number.
Re: New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? by Boller: 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
I still don't know why we need to change other paper that are valid because we changed our plate number. We do things in this country because nobody ask us why. For the fact that I want to replace my plate number now, I will have to change my insurance cover(N5000), my road worthness(3000) etc. Can someone confirm to me that this new plate number is removeable when you want to sale the car.

1 Like

Re: New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? by dejavoonaija(m): 10:12am On Feb 06, 2017
Patronize a corporate Organization for vehicle paper renewal

We are here to make the logistics of vehicle particulars easy for you…..

CarReg is a e-commerce & logistic company with a secured Online 2 Offline (O2O) platform https://www.carreg.com.ng that helps in facilitating the renewal of your vehicle particulars and delivery

Our Office is at 14a Bayo Dejonwo Street, Maryland, Ikeja

Value Proposition to our customers

• Delivery within 24 hours (Same day delivery if received before 12noon)
• Services at cost price(For now)
• Payment on delivery
• Free delivery in Lagos (For Now)
• Delivery outside Lagos attracts only the cost of courier service

4 Steps only and received your particulars within hours

1. Click on the URL https://carreg.com.ng/index.php?pg1-cid48_html
2. Choose any of the services by clicking “Add to cart”, e.g Car Renewal or Combo SUV Renewal or Vehicle License - Car
3. Click check out at the Top right corner of the page
4. Provide your name and delivery details

Call out contact center 09090144706 to even book renewal offline

Re: New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? by wizkidblogger(f): 10:07am On Aug 14, 2021
FG has increased the price in 2021. Check out the new rates here.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? / Bus Driver Uses Screw Driver As Car Key In Lagos (Photos) / People Push An Overloaded Car With 25 People In Kano (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.