Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia (10721 Views)

Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast / The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by maclatunji: 12:35am On Aug 17, 2013
Samunique: Ethiopia is majority muslim? No wonder u people believe that islam is d world's fastest growing religion while it is actually diminishing. Taggiya

Another example, of the ignorance I speak of. What is "Taggiya"?
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by maclatunji: 12:39am On Aug 17, 2013
Msgamble: Then they should continuing butchering them as suadi, iran n iraqi do to xtain minority..what good for geese is gud(if nt better) for ganja

You can't even spell "Saudi" correctly. Yet, you claim this lie you have posted about the country to be a fact. Not only are you ignorant, you are also dubious. #Pathetic

1 Like

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 17, 2013
@konfessor;
by konfessor(m): 10:43pm On Aug 16
...and nobody cares about the plight of minority Christians in saudi arabia, iraq, iran, kuwait, egypyt, afghanistan etc. but you can cry foul when it comes to the plight of moslems in ethopia.

finally, you confessed what is really lurking in your heart that you are covering it up with psedo righteousness we read in the biblos. ethiopia is majority muslim and pray the muslims wake up and join the military in good proportion.

@magamble;
by Msgamble: 11:57pm On Aug 16

RoyPCain: the majority of ethiopians are muslims. almost all oromo people are and it is the largest ethnic group. the problems with muslims are that we are not in the right frame of mind when it comes to our interrelationship disregarding the boundary of ethnicity and we do not go proportionally into military, other security aparatus and even politics with the same concept that muslims are one body, first; protecting and feeling the hurt of the least part of the body.

if the ethiopian muslims had been active in their societal process all along, when the evil ellie salesie was asking the police and other security arms to butcher him, he would not have dared to imagine so and if he did, he would have been buried much earlier rather than later than when mangistu did and peeing on the place.

i have been telling friends from that country to go into politics instead of allowing the minority to givern over and also carry the rifles. when you meet most of the christian ethiopians, you will understand their hatred of islam. such unparalleled, almost like near the madness of pastor haige and rabbi lapski on tv.

it amazed hw u sound raw..we all know that muslim make up 30% of ethiopian nt majority(official figure,wikipedia,nation encyclopedia)..muslim parent refuse western-edu due to conversion fear(this also happen in Ghana) so no-one should b blame for their ordeal or lack of representation in power..don't embarrassed urself online with ignorance..pls stop blabbing
dont be amazed because i am truly raw on this matter. i am a muslim and i have a lot of friends in that ethiopian blood that they are spilling because they say their Lord is the Creator not a creation. its my nerves. if you think i am happy that humans a killed, you are wrong. if you thing i am super sad that the blood of muslims is wasted, you are super wrong. when you go to wikipedia for information and my friend 'radia'' who is a citizen and a person of privilege, i will believe her because she knows her people. i am calling her as i am typing now. and she just said muslim is 65%.

you do know that the president of ghana has islamic blood even though his name is john?

by Msgamble: 12:09am

RoyPCain: ^ it is not peaceful but oppressive. they kill more muslims in so many unusual way that you think its a play. they kill more in the country side than they kill in the city. on the day of id, this past week when that picture was taken, my friend just told me they killed many muslims.

Allah dey. allen kee you need to know that.

Then they should continuing butchering them as suadi, iran n iraqi do to xtain minority..what good for geese is gud(if nt better) for ganja

ganja it is. and its a serious case passing more than the goose. magamble, you remind of mugabe in speech. any relation or you found him as the model to copy?
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by BetaThings: 3:57am On Aug 17, 2013
Kairoseki77:
I seriously doubt they are going to be overrun by the "to avoid being banned" religion.
Overrun? Your language is telling! I remember how your religion was brought to various parts of the world
To "avoid being banned" was the brainchild of Christians. Muslims resisted it but they prevailed
But you guys now blame Muslims for it
The only religion that rewards lies, subterfuge and intrigue is the one you belong to
And any objective person will realise that a true religion does not need to be propped up by such antics
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by BetaThings: 4:00am On Aug 17, 2013
jerseyboy:

Muslems always over count. The religion is in decline because of the rays of enlightenment, science and information and Muslems will tell you they are coverting the world. They can't figure how much damage the violence has done to Islam.
Just ask Yvonne Ridley
And we know the profit from all of that propaganda though you are much more violent
You think people in New jersey will fall for the lines swallowed by the unenlightened poverty-stricken Nigerians
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by BetaThings: 4:04am On Aug 17, 2013
jackbauersballs: I trust the Ethiopians will not allow islam any space to Expand.

Kudos to the Ethiopian Government.
I believe you should also say kudos to the Israelis who are sterilising Ethiopian Jews
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by BetaThings: 4:25am On Aug 17, 2013
maclatunji:

Don't mind them. They keep saying muslims are illiterates and talk about what they know nothing about
Some ex-muslims cannot even discuss Islam with knowledge, yet they pose as "authorities" on the religion
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by praxx(m): 4:26am On Aug 17, 2013
RoyPCain: the majority of ethiopians are muslims. almost all oromo people are and it is the largest ethnic group. the problems with muslims are that we are not in the right frame of mind when it comes to our interrelationship disregarding the boundary of ethnicity and we do not go proportionally into military, other security aparatus and even politics with the same concept that muslims are one body, first; protecting and feeling the hurt of the least part of the body.

if the ethiopian muslims had been active in their societal process all along, when the evil ellie salesie was asking the police and other security arms to butcher him, he would not have dared to imagine so and if he did, he would have been buried much earlier rather than later than when mangistu did and peeing on the place.

i have been telling friends from that country to go into politics instead of allowing the minority to givern over and also carry the rifles. when you meet most of the christian ethiopians, you will understand their hatred of islam. such unparalleled, almost like near the madness of pastor haige and rabbi lapski on tv.

where did you get that info from?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopia#Religion
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by BetaThings: 4:30am On Aug 17, 2013
igbeke: it baffles me how islam makes some people to reason.
must u 'pray' in d middle of d road to prove a point? what den happens to ur mosques, pray grounds or homes?
As far as I am concerned, it is an act of insubordination and provocation and as such, should be decisively treated before they turn dat country to Somalia or Egypt.

But you are free to start your inquisition and burn people at the stakes
Or poselytize like this

The Missionaries: God Against the Indians recounts an ongoing human tragedy. The book details Norman Lewis' experiences with christian missionaries over the course of his travels through Latin America and Southeast Asia. These missionaries, particularly US evangelicals, perpetrated the destruction of native cultures through their ruthless and relentless practices – from the stripping of forests and theft of land to wholesale enslavement of populations.

Chief among the offending missions Mr. Lewis encounters is the New Tribes Mission. While their credo states: "Through evangelism, Bible translation and discipleship, missionaries serving with New Tribes Mission are planting churches among unreached people groups," Mr. Lewis' experiences detail a far different picture – one where missionaries perpetrate debt slavery, turn a blind eye to genocide, and foster the destruction of native cultures.

In an example of a New Tribes Mission so-called "Bible translation," the missionaries accuse the Panare tribe of Venezuela, whom they were attempting to evangelize, of killing Christ

bismarck:

Foolish boy, so you see nothing wrong in your facebook activist hallucinating right in the middle of the road eeh? All the mosques in Ethiopia cannot contain his wretched body? Soon your type will call on muslims to be spreading their mats on Lagos- Ibadan express...Nasty fellow

Eid is not prayed in the mosque
Right of other road users must be of critical concern to you
Have you heard of 6hours on Lagos Ibadan expressway and redemption camp?
You guys are fond of talking about some ideals that you actually have no regard for
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Ayatullah(m): 4:31am On Aug 17, 2013
maclatunji: ^That is one very brave man. #Respect

Islam will never lack brave men.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by BetaThings: 4:45am On Aug 17, 2013
basilico: Great I can post Thought I was banned after my tirade about the Coptic churches burnt by islam yesterday. ANYWAy muslims make a third of Ethiopia and whenever islam rears its head violence is sure to follow. Lets wait and see when they get to 50% there will be untold violence and terrorist acts which is an islamic signature guaranteed as an Angote's cheque.

1. http://harpers.org/archive/2009/05/jesus-killed-mohammed/
A Special Forces officer stood next to the interpreter—“a big, tall, blond, grinning type,” says Humphrey.

Jesus kill Mohammed!” chanted the interpreter. “Jesus kill Mohammed!

A head emerged from a window to answer, somebody fired on the roof, and the Special Forces man directed a response from an MK-19 grenade launcher. “Boom,” remembers Humphrey. The head and the window and the wall around it disappeared.

2. Biblical references are used on gun sights
http://www.dennisgruending.ca/2010/01/bible-references-on-gunsights/

Coded biblical inscriptions have been found on the telescopic sights of rifles used by soldiers from several nations, including Canada, who are fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. The company that supplied the inscribed weapons initially defended its actions unapologetically, and the response by the American military spokespersons has been under whelming.

3. The soldiers prepare the place and the Evangelicals move in. Several years hence they will be talking about how peacefully Christianity was spread in Iraq

http://www.alternet.org/story/147513/how_american_right-wing_christians_are_waging_%27spiritual_warfare%27_in_northern_iraq

In September 2003, just four months after US forces took down Saddam Hussein's regime, 350 evangelical pastors and church leaders assembled in Kirkuk, where they were warmly welcomed by Massoud Barzani, president of the Kurdistan Regional Government. At that gathering, George Grant, a leader of Servant Group International, the evangelical organization in Nashville that set up the chain of Christian schools, declared that "[s]Jesus Christ is Lord over all things; He is Lord over every Mullah, every Ayatollah, every Imam, and every Mahdi pretender; He is Lord over the whole of the earth, even Iraq![/s]"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/22/AR2005062202335.html
"The way the preachers arrived here . . . with soldiers . . . was not a good thing," said Baghdad's Roman Catholic archbishop, Jean Sleiman. "I think they had the intention that they could convert Muslims, though Christians didn't do it here for 2,000 years." "In the end," Sleiman said, "they are seducing Christians from other churches."

4.Remember that Palin told them that the war was a task from God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by killuminati(m): 8:27am On Aug 17, 2013
Wow! I love Islam!
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Samunique(m): 8:57am On Aug 17, 2013
maclatunji:

@ maclatunji: My brother, am not at war with islam or any religion! But what i mean is that let us stop passing incorrect information just to protect our religious affilation. The majority of Ethiopians are Christians while Muslims are 3rd in population. Then for the word "Al-takeyya/Al-taqyya" u know what it means as well as i do, though i decided to put it that way "taggiya". Meanwhile i respect everybody's opinion, don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. Have a nice day!
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Allenkee: 9:29am On Aug 17, 2013
RoyPCain: @konfessor;

finally, you confessed what is really lurking in your heart that you are covering it up with psedo righteousness we read in the biblos. ethiopia is majority muslim and pray the muslims wake up and join the military in good proportion.

@magamble; dont be amazed because i am truly raw on this matter. i am a muslim and i have a lot of friends in that ethiopian blood that they are spilling because they say their Lord is the Creator not a creation. its my nerves. if you think i am happy that humans a killed, you are wrong. if you thing i am super sad that the blood of muslims is wasted, you are super wrong. when you go to wikipedia for information and my friend 'radia'' who is a citizen and a person of privilege, i will believe her because she knows her people. i am calling her as i am typing now. and she just said muslim is 65%.

you do know that the president of ghana has islamic blood even though his name is john?

ganja it is. and its a serious case passing more than the goose. magamble, you remind of mugabe in speech. any relation or you found him as the model to copy?

The quetion is, is your Ethiopian friend a census officer?
It is what the census officers and government accept that will be recorded on wikipedia.
Your friend can never ever be accurate cos she don't even know every region in Ethiopia even as an ethiopian.
You can't tell us you know and have been to all parts of Nigeria, only the government can do that because goverment has officers everywhere.

1 Like

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by BetaThings: 10:15am On Aug 17, 2013
Samunique: @ maclatunji: My brother, am not at war with islam or any religion! But what i mean is that let us stop passing incorrect information just to protect our religious affilation. The majority of Ethiopians are Christians while Muslims are 3rd in population. Then for the word "Al-takeyya/Al-taqyya" u know what it means as well as i do, though i decided to put it that way "taggiya". Meanwhile i respect everybody's opinion, don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. Have a nice day!

Nobody wants to debate statistics here
If you really know what taqqiya is, please tell us what it is, when it can be used and please be kind enough to tell us any group or country that does not have a similar practice
Please don't confuse drug use with drug ABuse
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by UKBobo(m): 10:49am On Aug 17, 2013
mumu who told u dat.go check d population census of dat con3,u tink every con3 lik niegria wer all her citizen ar muslim

GO AND COLLECT A REFUND FROM YOUR ENGLISH TEACHER IMMEDIATELY!
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 17, 2013
This dude is looking for someone to shoot him so he can go an claim his 72 virgins
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by igboboy1(m): 11:09am On Aug 17, 2013
T-smooth:
Allahu Akbar! We shld pray and support our muslim brother in Ethiopia and around the world. We love u brothers and support u !
support by prayer is encouraged. no go sneak bomb, rifle and suicide bombing paraphernalia and call it support o..
Allahu akbar...
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by diarra94(m): 11:35am On Aug 17, 2013
haha, its so funny reading through the ignorant post in this thread. look at how religion has made people stupid for centuries. im glad science has taken its rightful position.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 17, 2013
@uk bobo; get a refund is better than collect a refund. i am sure the english people will say get instead of collect. may Allah may your dream about uk a reality, bobo. its true that ethiopia is not nigeria and definitely you dont live in ethiopia or your blood is from there.

the history of islam in ethiopia being second to history of islam in makka is older than the hijra itself and history of islam in madina. so it is not surprising that islam is strong there, considering that the king who hosted muslims in the two minor hijra to ethiopia became a muslim and the prophet made "salatul Ghaib"prayer on the dead body when you can not see it on him. the evil of christians against islam in that place go back to the moment islam arrived there. the wife of this king was like the wife of Lut and Noah [as to both prophets], in that she was on the side of the church leaders who were against her husbands reversion and did not hinder the spread of Islam.

today on the anniversary of her death of this disbelieving wife who rebelled against her husband, the lalebela sect of christians jump into a pool of water celebrating her defiance, considering this to be noble. can you imagine you accepting guys celebrating the wife of lut who turn into salt? this is exactly the case here. and the ruler will inflate their rank so that they can lie to the world that by shear head counts they are mandated to rule.

@allen;
78. Allen kee: Quote Post

RoyPCain: @konfessor;

@magamble; dont be amazed because i am truly raw on this matter. i am a muslim and i have a lot of friends in that ethiopian blood that they are spilling because they say their Lord is the Creator not a creation. its my nerves. if you think i am happy that humans a killed, you are wrong. if you thing i am super sad that the blood of muslims is wasted, you are super wrong. when you go to wikipedia for information and my friend 'radia'' who is a citizen and a person of privilege, i will believe her because she knows her people. i am calling her as i am typing now. and she just said muslim is 65%.

The quetion is, is your Ethiopian friend a census officer?
It is what the census officers and government accept that will be recorded on wikipedia.
Your friend can never ever be accurate cos she don't even know every region in Ethiopia even as an ethiopian.
You can't tell us you know and have been to all parts of Nigeria, only the government can do that because goverment has officers everywhere.

while she was not a census bureau officer, she was a senior adviser to a minister just 3 years ago before she migrate. the fact is that she is privileged and knew many things first hand. and she is a young woman, too. i have gone to many length to investigate the possible population of the muslims and the lowest is 50%. i as a yoruba man will say muslims in yoruba land is at least 50% because it agrees with our nature, while the rest makes up the other 50%. if i were to be liberal, i will say much more, counting based on bloodline less than those who are on it daily, just to illustrate how my friend felt and arrived at her 65%. i know enough about youba. i know less about others. but nigeria is about 1/4 of the whole of africa.

ethiopia is so small to nigeria that they borrow nigerian elites to some strategic position. there is a nigerian i know who is such a post, though lives in abuja. my ethiopian friend[s] knows ethiopia and the best to tell us about her. i have seen many census operation both in 9ja and elsewhere, i have never participated; as part of ethnic or skin group. yet i am muslim, a black man, a yoruba male. but i do know the accurate demography is not what is written, but what is experienced on a day to day.

the question that should agitate the mind is what is the minority muslim community doing on id more than going to pray that will get the government to send the attack dog [the security] against them? or is it that the muslim community the majority that must be suppressed even beating it down, thinking it will submit or disappear?
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Allenkee: 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
RoyPCain: @uk bobo; get a refund is better than collect a refund. i am sure the english people will say get instead of collect. may Allah may your dream about uk a reality, bobo. its true that ethiopia is not nigeria and definitely you dont live in ethiopia or your blood is from there.

the history of islam in ethiopia being second to history of islam in makka is older than the hijra itself and history of islam in madina. so it is not surprising that islma is strong there, considering that the king who hosted muslims in the two minor hijra to ethiopia became a muslim and was the first person the prayer of dead person whose body is not 'seen' is made. the evil of christians against islam in that place go back to the moment islam arrived there. the wife of this good king was hiding her disbelief from her husband in their journey to see the noble prophet [sa] in makka, when she busted into flame and consumed by the fire. while her husband died enroute, she was similar to the wife of prophet lut [as]; both on opposite side from their husbands.

today on the anniversary of her death the lalebela sect of christians jump into a pool of water celebrating her defiance, though she was incinerated alive. can you imagine you accepting guys celebrating the wife of lut who turn into salt? this is exactly the case here. and the ruler will inflate their rank so that they can lie to the world that by shear head counts they are mandated to rule.

@allen;

while she was not a census bureau officer, she was a senior adviser to a minister just 3 years ago before she migrate. the fact is that she is privileged and knew many things first hand. and she is a young woman, too. i have gone to many length to investigate the possible population of the muslims and the lowest is 50%. i as a yoruba man will say muslims in yoruba land is at least 50% because it agrees with our nature, while the rest makes up the other 50%. if i were to be liberal, i will say much more, counting based on bloodline less than those who are on it daily, just to illustrate how my friend felt and arrived at her 65%. i know enough about youba. i know less about others. but nigeria is about 1/4 of the whole of africa.

ethiopia is so small to nigeria that they borrow nigerian elites to some strategic position. there is a nigerian i know who is such a post, though lives in abuja. my ethiopian friend[s] knows ethiopia and the best to tell us about her. i have seen many census operation both in 9ja and elsewhere, i have never participated; as part of ethnic or skin group. yet i am muslim, a black man, a yoruba male. but i do know the accurate demography is not what is written, but what is experienced on a day to day.

the question that should agitate the mind is what is the minority muslim community doing on id more than going to pray that will get the government to send the attack dog [the security] against them? or is it that the muslim community the majority that must be suppressed even beating it down, thinking it will submit or disappear?

You should know that you are not the only one that has a friend or friends in that country. I don'nt need to argue the domination of christianity in Ethiopia because it is a fact.
Ethiopia is not a small country to Nigeria as you think. It is the second largest country in Africa in terms of population.

Christianity in Ethiopia

The Kingdom of Aksum in present-day
Ethiopia and Eritrea was one of the first
Christian countries in the world, having
officially adopted Christianity as the state
religion in the 4th century.

Ethiopia has close historical ties to all three
of the world's major Abrahamic religions .
Christians form the majority of the
population. [3] Islam is the second most
followed religion, with 33.9% of the
population being adherents. 2.6% of the
population (mainly in the far south and
southwest) follow traditional religions; other
religions (Bahá'í , Judaism , etc.) make up the
remaining 0.6%.

There are numerous indigenous African
religions in Ethiopia, mainly located in the
far southwest and western borderlands. In
general, most of the (largely members of
the non-Chalcedonian Ethiopian Orthodox
Tewahedo Church) Christians live in the
highlands, while Muslims and adherents of
traditional African religions tend to inhabit
more lowland regions in the east and south
of the country.

Ethiopia is one of the oldest Christian states
in the world. The Ethiopian Orthodox
Church, an Oriental Orthodox Church which
is the largest Christian denomination in
Ethiopia (it claims that 50% of the Ethiopian
population are church members) and was
part of the Coptic Orthodox Church until
1959, is the only pre-colonial Orthodox
church in Sub-Saharan Africa. The apostle
St. Matthew is said to have died in Ethiopia.

Thegovernment's most recent 2007 census,
Christians constitute 62.8% of the total
population, with the largest group being
Ethiopian Orthodox Christians at 43.5%,
followed by Protestant 18.6% (which
include Ethiopian Orthodox Tehadeso
Church and the Ethiopian Evangelical Church
Mekane Yesus) and Catholics at 0.7%.

The Kingdom of Aksum was one of the first
nations to officially accept Christianity ,
when St. Frumentius of Tyre, called
Fremnatos or Abba Selama ("Father of
Peace"wink in Ethiopia, converted King Ezana
during the 4th century AD. Many believe
that the Gospel had entered Ethiopia even
earlier, with the royal official described as
being baptised by Philip the Evangelist in
chapter eight of the Acts of the Apostles .
(Acts 8:26–39)

The name "Ethiopia" (Hebrew Kush) is
mentioned in the Bible numerous times
(thirty-seven times in the King James
version). Abyssinia is also mentioned in the
Qur'an and Hadith .

Islam in Ethiopia

Islam in Ethiopia dates back to the founding
of the religion; in 615, when a group of
Muslims were counseled by Muhammad to
escape persecution in Mecca and travel to
Ethiopia via modern day Eritrea , which was
ruled by Ashama ibn Abjar, a pious Christian
king. Moreover, Bilal ibn Ribah, the first
Muezzin , the person chosen to call the
faithful to prayer, and one of the foremost
companions of Muhammad, was from
Abyssinia (Eritrea, Ethiopia etc.). Also, the
largest single ethnic group of non-Arab
Companions of Muhammad was that of the
Ethiopians.

According to the most recent 2007 CSA
governmental data, Muslims are 33.9% of
the population, [1] up from 32.8% in 1994
(according to the census data of that year).
[5][9] The U.S. State Department, however,
estimates that Muslims constitute about
40-45% of the population [6][10] Most
Ethiopian Muslims are Sunni , and some
belong to various Sufi orders. Islam first
arrived in Ethiopia in 614 with the First
Migration to Abyssinia. Addis Ababa ,
Ethiopia's capital city, is home to about 1
million Muslims. [11] While believers can be
found in almost every community, Islam is
most prevalent in the Somali (98.4%), Afar
(95.3%) and Oromia (47.5%) Regions.

source: Wikipedia
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
@Allen kee; while i was reading your post, i called my friend that they say the muslims are just 1/3. she said that is a lie. i am of the opinion that she is correct and wikipedia is wrong.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Audukaya: 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
Allah will fulfill his light.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Allenkee: 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
RoyPCain: @Allen kee; while i was reading your post, i called my friend that they say the muslims are just 1/3. she said that is a lie. i am of the opinion that she is correct and wikipedia is wrong.

Your friend is the one that is wrong.
I give you another Ethiopian site that testifies the Ethiopia is predominantly Christians

http://www.ethiopiantreasures.co.uk/pages/religion.htm

Ethiopia is a
predominantly
Christian country and
the majority of
Christians are
Orthodox Tewahedo
Christians, who belong
to the Ethiopian
Orthodox Tewahedo
Church.

Another one
http://www.imperialethiopia.org/religions.htm

The majority of Ethiopian believers are
Christian , with a large Muslim minority.
There are still a few small Felasha Jewish
communities in Ethiopia, as well. Animists
are rare in Ethiopia today.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
@Allen kee; Give me a website that is operated by Ethiopian Muslims and i will forget my friend's statement, though i know she is correct as i have her on skype, even now.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Allenkee: 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
RoyPCain: @Allen kee; Give me a website that is operated by Ethiopian Muslims and i will forget my friend's statement, though i know she is correct as i have her on skype, even now.

Please what is wrong with the ones above?
Do you see any bias information?
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Allenkee: 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
RoyPCain: @Allen kee; Give me a website that is operated by Ethiopian Muslims and i will forget my friend's statement, though i know she is correct as i have her on skype, even now.

I've search but can find one. If you're still in doubt that Christians dominate in Ethiopia, please search for PREDOMINANT RELIGION IN ETHIOPIA on Google, go through all the results one after the other, you'll get the same result "Christianity"
This is how far I can go with you, thanks for the conversation.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Godsun(m): 8:55am On Aug 18, 2013
jackbauersballs: I trust the Ethiopians will not allow islam any space to Expand.

Kudos to the Ethiopian Government.

Islam will definitely expand. It is expanding in America and in the UK. Ethiopian govt will only try bt Islam will forever be successful!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Muslims Pay Zakat ? / What Islam Says If Eid Prayer And Juma’at (friday), Coincide On The Same Day / Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.