Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Trolling Christianity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trolling Christianity. (2222 Views)

Trolling A Reverend Father! Confession Time! / Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. / Atheists And Their Addiction To Trolling Christian Topics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trolling Christianity. by IbrahimMav: 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hello everyone my names Ibrahim im a 23 year old Muslim. I have been a Muslim my whole life (though not always truly practicing my faith) and have very little knowledge about Christianity and other Faiths. I would truly like to learn more about Christianity.

Questions:
1. How come there are many versions of the bible? Who altered them? Did they speak to God too? Im confused because there are so many versions how do I know which one is correct? Thanks.

2. I have been told by Imams and Scholars at meetings and conferences etc that not a Single Word has been altered in our Holy Quran throughout 1400 years. Is this fact? I have been on Christian sites where they say this is not true though some of these sites seem a little suspect. I have been lurking here for a while and can tell that for the most part this is one of the most honest forums on the net!

Thanks.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by AKUNAMIKE: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
What you need to do is to see a pastor, there is nothing about bible that is not real.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2013
Ibrahim Mav:
Questions:
1. How come there are many versions of the bible? Who altered them? Did they speak to God too? Im confused because there are so many versions how do I know which one is correct? Thanks.

The goal isn't to alter, but rather to translate the bible. I guess you can argue that a translation is an alteration, but the Church feels that the written word of God should be readily and easily available for all to read.

Thus typically a group of theological and
linguistic scholars will meet to begin the work of carefully translating the Sacred Scriptures from the original languages (Hebrew / Aramaic / Greek) into more common tongues. This effort has been the tradition of the Church from the very beginning.

For instance the Gosple of Mathew, written for Jews, was originally written in Aramaic. But as the Gentiles were added, it became obviously necessary to make it available in Greek, thus it was very quickly translated.

In the 400s AD Pope Damasus One commissioned St. Jerome to translate all
Sacred texts into Latin. This would be the
first, continuously maintained collection of all sacred books as a single bible.

Ibrahim Mav:
2. I have been told by Imams and Scholars at meetings and conferences etc that not a Single Word has been altered in our Holy Quran throughout 1400 years. Is this fact? I have been on Christian sites where they say this is not true though some of these sites seem a little suspect. I have been lurking here for a while and can tell that for the most part this is one of the most honest forums on the net!

Thanks.

This is not a fact. In fact, not only is this not true, but the Quran was originally not kept in a book form verse, rather it was rather loosely kept in a chest for many decades.

Over time, parts of it went missing for various reasons (as attested by Muhammads own wife), and when it came time to bind it, no one actually knew what order it went in so they just kind of put it in order of depth in the chest. The theory that Quaran has never been altered is very wrong, and the above is only the tip of the iceberg.

1 Like

Re: Trolling Christianity. by thorpido(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2013
^^^The guy above me wrote well.The bible may have different versions but they all essentially have the same message.The aim is to have it available to many people and to be easily understood.

The quoran was not put together until after Muhammed had died.That it has had the same words for years is not an assurance of it's originality.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hello Ibrahim,

I really can't place it at the moment but for some reason, I do not believe you. Anyways, let's have some fun...

1) Why do you want to convert in the first place? If you are yet to understand Islam, what exactly then is chasing you from there?

2) Why haven't you been a practicing Muslim?

3) If you can't practice Islam properly after 23 years, why then do you think you can practice Christianity?

I have some more questions but the above should suffice for now.

2 Likes

Re: Trolling Christianity. by Mintayo(m): 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
@Op,this shld help...
https://www.nairaland.com/175953/ex-muslim-nairalander-talks-why

also,if u really want to know the truth,don't follow what any muslim tells u abt christains and Jesus.
Just read d Bible with all openmindedness and sincerity(forgetting what anyone might v told u against d Bible),start from the book of John,matthew,mark,luke,acts,then romans,then u can then read d rest!
Also,pray a sincere prayer,that the Lord Jesus should reveal Himself to u!
I pray the Lord Jesus will reveal Himselve to you!
Re: Trolling Christianity. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
Ibrahim Mav: Hello everyone my names Ibrahim im a 23 year old Muslim. I have been a Muslim my whole life (though not always truly practicing my faith) and have very little knowledge about Christianity and other Faiths. I would truly like to learn more about Christianity.

Questions:

Thanks.

Such dishonesty from frostyzone & co. @op the bible has different versions. I repeat versions not translations. For instance the Douay version of the bible has 73 books six more than the Kings james version which has 66 books. The King james version was in turn revised by christian scholars,that was how they got the "Revised standard version".

There are no different versions of the Glorious Qur'an like you have with the bible.period
Re: Trolling Christianity. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2013
And a muslim is already vibrating with words accusing every other person of dishonesty!

@OP, google is your friend since you can get lots of ideas both for and against but ask God to guide you decide right.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Trolling Christianity. by IbrahimMav: 7:57am On Aug 17, 2013
Thanks so much for all the wonderful replies and all the great informations, I'm sure I will have more questions along the way.

God bless.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by Dzany(m): 8:56am On Aug 17, 2013
@op........you don't need religion..........study the koran and the bible....read between the lines ...............in there you will find the truth......which is doing the Will of God!
Re: Trolling Christianity. by zig2ryme04: 9:06am On Aug 17, 2013
@OP Christianity is not a religion that you can practice, it is a way, it is a life, and its what do do. if you have the motive that you want to practice christianity, then you have to do a rethink. We have different translation of the bible because people needs to understand what is written there, even in their own language.

it you want to start, i'd advice you study the bible from matthew (dont just read, you should study it) acts of the apostle for you to know the reason why Jesus came and His ministry on earth. Then you study from Romans to Revelation for you to know the importance of being in Christ and the power of His resurrection and His love towards you.

Then you may now go back and study the rest of the bible.
I Pray that God should enlighten you to be able to know the length and depth of Christ love through His word
Re: Trolling Christianity. by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 17, 2013
Islam is a religion
Christianity Is a way of life
I prefer the latter
But if you want to be free
Atheism is the way

1 Like

Re: Trolling Christianity. by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 17, 2013
9jadelta: Islam is a religion
Christianity Is a way of life
I prefer the latter
But if you want to be free
Atheism is the a way
Sorry,your last statement is wrong.Jesus is THE ONLY way to the Father.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 17, 2013
Bidam: Sorry,your last statement is wrong.Jesus is THE ONLY way to the Father.
I said if you want to be free, who cares about your father? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Trolling Christianity. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
9jadelta: I said if you want to be free, who cares about your father? cheesy
I really do care about my father and also passionate about Him,you can never be free as long as you are in the world systems.You are either a slave to sin or to righteousness.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
Bidam: I really do care about my father and also passionate about Him,you can never be free as long as you are in the world systems.You are either a slave to sin or to righteousness.
says you
Re: Trolling Christianity. by PastorOluT(m): 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2013
striktlymi: Hello Ibrahim,

I really can't place it at the moment but for some reason, I do not believe you. Anyways, let's have some fun...

1) Why do you want to convert in the first place? If you are yet to understand Islam, what exactly then is chasing you from there?

2) Why haven't you been a practicing Muslim?

3) If you can't practice Islam properly after 23 years, why then do you think you can practice Christianity?

I have some more questions but the above should suffice for now.

U rightly perceived, the guy isn't sincere!
Re: Trolling Christianity. by IbrahimMav: 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

U rightly perceived, the guy isn't sincere!

You call yourself a pastor and you are already judging. Jesus says that you should not judge your fellow man so why are you going against his instructions?

How do you know that I'm not sincere? There are circumstances that are influencing my decision but to do so i need some things to be cleared up first. And instead of answering my questions, you are busy criticizing. You are a typical example that bigots are not only exclusive to Islam but can be found in Christianity as well.

Maybe I should have a rethink.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ibrahim Mav:

You call yourself a pastor and you are already judging. Jesus says that you should not judge your fellow man so why are you going against his instructions?

How do you know that I'm not sincere? There are circumstances that are influencing my decision but to do so i need some things to be cleared up first. And instead of answering my questions, you are busy criticizing. You are a typical example that bigots are not only exclusive to Islam but can be found in Christianity as well.

Pal, if you are really seeking after GOD , no man will stand in your way, I tend to agree with striktlymi's analysis though .
Re: Trolling Christianity. by IbrahimMav: 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
striktlymi: Hello Ibrahim,

Why would you think that I'm lying?

striktlymi:

I never said that i don't understand Islam, instead it was that I wasn't a very dedicated one due to many of it's contradictions and hypocrisy. And I'm not running away from it, rather I'm contemplating the possibility of joining another religion. Christianity seems to be a welcome option since they worship the same God(Allah) as Muslims.

striktlymi: 2) Why haven't you been a practicing Muslim?

Like I mentioned earlier, it's hypocrisy and high handedness never appealed to me much. It's also too rigid.

striktlymi: 3) If you can't practice Islam properly after 23 years, why then do you think you can practice Christianity?

Allow me to answer your question with 2 questions. Are you a Christian? If you are, isn't it your job to tell me why Christianity should serve me better?

striktlymi: I have some more questions but <the above should suffice for now.

But i thought I'm the one that should be asking the questions since i created the thread in the first place, no be so?
Re: Trolling Christianity. by IbrahimMav: 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2013
frosbel:

Pal, if you are really seeking after GOD , no man will stand in your way, I tend to agree with striktlymi's analysis though .

So many judgmental xtians! But i won't take it to heart. There are bad seeds everywhere.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by PastorKun(m): 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ibrahim Mav:

Why would you think that I'm lying?

I never said that i don't understand Islam, instead it was that I'm wasn't a very dedicated one due to many of it's contradictions and hypocrisy. And I'm not running away from it, rather I'm contemplating the possibility of joining another religion. Christianity seems to be a welcome option since they worship the same God(Allah) as Muslims.

Like I mentioned earlier, it's hypocrisy and high handedness never appealed to me much. It's also too rigid.

Allow me to answer your question with 2 questions. Are you a Christian? If you are, isn't it your job to tell me why Christianity should serve me better?

But i thought I'm the one that should be asking the questions since i created the thread in the first place, no be so?

Sorry to interrupt but christians don't know any god called Allah neither do they worship him.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by PastorKun(m): 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ibrahim Mav:

The fact that you just registered this moniker to open this thread makes your intentions very suspicious.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by IbrahimMav: 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Sorry to interrupt but christians don't know any god called Allah neither do they worship him.

No? I thought since Abraham appeared in both bible and Quran, and since Jesus(Isa) was mentioned in the Holy Quran, etc, that both denominations must then be worshiping the same God? Or was i wrong in that conception? And btw Arab Christians call God Allah.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by IbrahimMav: 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The fact that you just registered this moniker to open this thread makes your intentions very suspicious.

I said something that May or May not alleviate your suspicion in my first post;

I have been lurking here for a while and can tell that for the most part this is one of the most honest forums
on the net!

Thanks.

Going by all this animosity and unabashed hostilities, maybe i was very wrong in that assessment.
Very wrong indeed.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by PastorKun(m): 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ibrahim Mav:

I said something that May or May not alleviate your suspicion in my first post;

Going by all this animosity and unabashed hostilities, maybe i was very wrong in that assessment.
Very wrong indeed.

People are just suspicious of your intentions since a lot of people have registered new monikers to play pranks in the past.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by IbrahimMav: 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pastor Kun:

People are just suspicious of your intentions since a lot of people have registered new monikers to play pranks in the past.

Well, I'm not one of them. I'm as sincere as sincerity gets.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by PastorKun(m): 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ibrahim Mav:

No? I thought since Abraham appeared in both bible and Quran, and since Jesus(Isa) was mentioned in the Holy Quran, etc, that both denominations must then be worshiping the same God? Or was i wrong in that conception? And btw Arab Christians call God Allah.

The christian belief is that islam plagiarised some parts of the bible and alluded it to Allah to gain credibility. On arab christians calling God Allah, that is due to the overwhelming influence of islam in their region and thus Allah as been adopted as a generic title for God instead of being just the muslim god that he actually is.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by IbrahimMav: 6:47pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The christian belief is that islam plagiarised some parts of the bible and alluded it to Allah to gain credibility. On arab christians calling God Allah, that is due to the overwhelming influence of islam in their region and thus Allah as been adopted as a generic title for God instead of being just the muslim god that he actually is.

Interesting point of view, but I don't agree. I know for a fact that Judaism, Islam and Christianity worship the same God, but different approach and doctrines get in the way and hence the never-ending squabbles.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pastor Kun:

small addition : they also plagiarised content from the Talmud and gnostic gospels, I have the evidence and have posted same in previous Islamic articles.
Re: Trolling Christianity. by IbrahimMav: 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
frosbel:

small addition : they also plagiarised content from the Talmud and gnostic gospels, I have the evidence and have posted same in previous Islamic articles.

I'd like to see your evidence please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God / Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? / Esu [elegba / Eleggua] Extreme Occult Powers Mysterious Statue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.