Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up (35111 Views)

What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? / 26 Things That Happen When You Grow Up In An African house / Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by gretafutor: 8:10am On Aug 20, 2013
kunlesehan:

quite interesting but please edit no. 14. include "do not"

Are you sure you dnt need medicated eye glasses or is it ur mind dat is betraying u?
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by wassup123(m): 9:33am On Aug 20, 2013
kunlesehan:

quite interesting but please edit no. 14. include "do not"

The word "do not" was rightly put, maybe you didn't see it, check it again to confirm
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Rihamz(m): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2013
And son always remember not everyone has a price but everyone will respond to their needs being met. smileyAnd son always remember not everyone has a price but everyone will respond to their needs being met.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by iloike(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2013
Noted
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by LordRADSTOCK(m): 10:47am On Aug 20, 2013
Its a very good post. But observe how the omission of "do not" in no.14 almost spoiled the whole thing
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Oxygenmayo(m): 10:58am On Aug 20, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Each kid is different and we must custom train our kids accordingly.

But I think this is a general rule for children irrespective of their gender...
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Pdizzle(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2013
vladimiros: 21) IF ANY GIRLS SAYS YOU NSHOULD BY HER RECHARGE CARD WHEN YOU ARE BOTH 15, RUN FOR DEAR LIFE
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by spyroxy1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
nice 1..brb
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Obijoy(m): 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dis is right.... Bt d children of nw adays
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by damlawbaba(m): 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
osifred: I don't see the logic in 2 'it is better to be kind than be right'

Can sumbody explain that as it relate to everyday living?
be kind than be right is just for u to treat every situation with kindness.like u re a judge and you are to pass judgement to a small scale robber,lol it is right for the criminal to be jailed for 7yrs but u can be kind by given him 5. Just be kind even when its right for you no to be kind.cos no one knows d shoes we can be in tomorrow.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by anukulapo: 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
dloy:

2. It is better to be kind than to be right.

Really?
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Damolux01(m): 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
Damlawbaba...how far you? This is a nice piece! Great job bro!!
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Greenslim: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2013
I will also advise parent not to spare their wards for any wrong thing they do.This goes a long way in destroying his/her life and yours as well in future.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Miheri78: 10:25am On Aug 21, 2013
I love dis reali educating.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by muscar: 10:42am On Aug 21, 2013
Beautiful piece op! However I feel one point a parent must teach their children is not to be 'over possessive' to desist from the 'don't touch that,it's my own!' Syndrome. Don't know how many of you have watched 'the gods must be crazy' but if you have,‎​U'd notice the ever peaceful,happy and content bushmen became quarrelsome only when they had to share the use of one empty bottle of coca-cola. The feeling of wanting to possess, wanting to own,not wanting to share,wanting to have something better than the other clouded their hearts and hate,spite,selfishness,greed,conflict,malice were what filled their land.

When I become a mother by His grace, if one of my daughter goes to the market to buy wearing pieces only for herself,I would seize her wares until she goes back to that market and buy at least a wristband or a pair of rubber earrings for her other siblings. It creates selflessness and brings harmony and settlement to the society at large.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by mannirmusa: 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
Most parents are not ready to give their children the best of their wills,this is has to do with lack of concern,illiteracy and among other things,may God save us.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
21. Dont tell a girl u love her when you only just want to bleep her. Take money and get an olosho
22. Never run from or lose an unarmed fight with your age mate. Master a martial art....like ur dad.
23. being celibate for too long will make ur semen turn to fulani cheese (waara)
24. dont spend #500 on a #50 hoe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Family! Thank You For Helping Me Pay My School Fees / Woman Celebrates Her Quadruplets At 6 Months (Photos) / My Wife Is Pregnant Again And Our Kids Are Only 1 And 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.