Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,961 members, 7,806,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building (18299 Views)

Ogun Plans 60-storey Building In Abeokuta / Urban development: Ogun plans 37,000-hectare new town / Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by TechyGuy: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2013
I am an avowed non-supporter of ACN/CPC/APC, but I am smiling and happy reading this.
Many more state governments should emulate this. I am tired of seeing 1 storey buildings wasting lands all over the place.
I can't hide my love for high rise, one reason I like Lagos Islands and some parts of ABJ.

This is a welcome development. And should be emulated.

Lastly, Gbawe keep quiet!
The people you are attacking are only doing what you and your paid laptop critics do all over nairaland when it is about PDP or other parties.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by PHIPEX(m): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
china_kobo: Go to marina at lagos and count the number of multi storey buildings that have been vacant for years. Its difficult to maintain such building!!

Whoever has not been inside some of these high rise buildings at Marina and see the number of vacant rooms will not understand the importance of your observation.

For a place like Abeokuta, building the highest structure in Africa shouldn't rank among top 5 priorities. I have been there and I know that it's in dare need of upliftment structurally not just a status symbol. A place like Marina in Lagos can dream of such because building a 60 storey building in a place where the closest building in height is not more than 12 storey wouldn't be too beautiful to behold nor economically wise. If such money is used to build more malls and the likes it could make more economic sense and attract more people to the town than having the tallest building. I heard the Governor is doing better than his predecessors but until I hear that he has taken care of that major road that enters Agbara Industrial Area I'll reserve my applause.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Systeme101: 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
when dis project is completed, politicians will stop traveling out 2 waste our moni cos it'll b possible to see europe nd America 4rm d 60th floor!
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Lagosbabe1: 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
Well Done Ogun State. Progress forever

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by bloggernaija: 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe: Even though I must admit Amosun is likely the best performing governor in the southwest nay ACN governors but this is an elephant and wasteful project

How can you call it a wasteful project.
The state with the highest number of extremely wealthy people.
Highest number of human resources.
A state which for years ,her indigens have been pouring their wealth into Lagos and ignoring their state.
I am from a town in the SW which represents wella
But believe me when I say that OGUN state scares the living day light out of me when you talk about wealth.
Even their own version of criminals are smugglers who can earn 50,000 a day without breaking a sweat.
They like their parties but you are deluding yourself if you think that it has made any dent in their bank account .
NOW A PROJECT LIKES THIS BRING SWAGGER TO THE PLACE.
IT PLAYS ON THE CONCIOUSNESS OF THE INHABITANTS AND VISITORS ALIKE.
THE PURPOSE IS TO START A REVOLUTION .
ONCE THE BUSINESS DISTRICT IS COMPLETED,
NOTHING STOPS THE ADENUGA ,OKOYAS ETC FROM JOINING IN THE FRAY
THE MENTAL IMPEDIMENT THAT STOPS INDIGENS FROM COMING BACK WOULD HAVE BEEN BROKEN BECAUSE OF THE MODERN OUTLOOK OF THE PLACE.
THEREBY, DRAWING BACK SOME OF HER LIBERAL ,PROGRESSIVE AND EDUCATED CLASS BACK FROM LAGOS

Look at his wife.
Her royal hotness.
A thoroughbred moulded by centuries of evolution of culture and tradition.
Imagine that what you see in that picture is not much different from the beauty you see from 400 years ago.
Even mimiko cannot avoid having a look
FACT:Intelligent people have a good taste

It is showing in ibikunle's good works just like Ajoke Mohammed (muritala wife )was a window into the man himself .
Muritala has not been bested in aso rock.
AT THIS STAGE, AMOSUN HAS DONE MORE THAN ALL THE GOVERNORS IN THE STATE'S HISTORY COMBINED.
AND THIS IS ONLY THE SECOND YEAR.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by babyhrt(m): 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

As if we expect it to be anything other than "misplaced priority" or a "bad idea" from someone like you. Pathetic. Your opinion is unwanted and does not count at all. Next time keep it to yourself.
...dis project is difinitly a gud one 4our country bt d other time wen d FG dcided to send a man to space sm person said its mispalced priority so u shud b too angry wen pple take a clue 4rm d example others put down.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by boron10(m): 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
Abandoned project looms
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by hollandis(f): 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
how will they call a 180m building.the tallest.union bank is 130m and there are taller building than that nschewww ..yoruba
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by nerodenero: 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
The gains wont be quick but will be highly beneficial in future.Again,Amosu should do well by concluding this mega project before leaving office as the new governor might not share his vision,desire and hence dump the project.If that happen,then it will be great loss for the state.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by anytexy: 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
My fear is that it may end up an abandoned white elephant project. The incumbent gov of Enugu state could not complete an international conference centre initiated by the predecesor due to selfish political interest.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by eraly(m): 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
moscobabs: APC is working PDP is regretting...hunnmmmm Masses are watching.2015 is comming
I love dis ryhme Bro

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
@Yoruba posters

Just wanna thank u for chasing that NL rat called FreeGlobe back to his cave ..

...instead of hanging his head in shame for his impotent homestate governor, the She-Male is here weeping & bickering over Amosun's giant strides.

ONCE AGAIN, Kudos for d as*swhiping grin

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe:
So you are from ogun state Eko ile. A Moslem. And you have Lagos in your mouth 24/7. Tell me why you escaped being deported if Fashola the bigot really deported yorubas. I see why you have refused to associate yourself with your state.
You are extremely retarte.d. That is not eko ile. The person ''gudugba'' is indeed from Ogun state.

GO GET A LIFE, HATER!!!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by bloggernaija: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tawis06: Na tallest building we go chop! Rubbish
Must you chop your pikin future?
If you wan chop,
Go Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
TechyGuy: I am an avowed non-supporter of ACN/CPC/APC, but I am smiling and happy reading this.
Many more state governments should emulate this. I am tired of seeing 1 storey buildings wasting lands all over the place.
I can't hide my love for high rise, one reason I like Lagos Islands and some parts of ABJ.

This is a welcome development. And should be emulated.

The people you are attacking are only doing what you and your paid laptop critics do all over nairaland when it is about PDP or other parties.

Shut up you disgusting and lying mumu. Show where I 'bad belle' or senselessly thrash talk any good infrastructural development of this forum, whether from the PDP or otherwise, or accept you descend from a lineage of liars.

Show were you have seen me in Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Rivers, Ondo threads discrediting the efforts of Akpabio, Chime, Amaechi, Mimiko or any other non-ACP achiever. You are a b**stard if you don't prove I do what I condemn these creatures of hate for. Posters like you should be banned for your lies and slander. That I criticise GEJ, for messing up at the centre, does not mean I have any interest at all in malevolently criticising performing administrators in Nigeria ,whichever Party they may be from, as these twerps do 100% of the time against SW administrator. The antics of these blind haters is especially condemnable and deplorable because these SW Governors are factually some of the best performers in Nigeria currently.

Don't blame me if you are too dimwitted to be able to tell the difference between me, you and all the 'bad belle' clowns here.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Lagosbabe1: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe:
So you are from ogun state Eko ile. A Moslem. And you have Lagos in your mouth 24/7. Tell me why you escaped being deported if Fashola the bigot really deported yorubas. I see why you have refused to associate yourself with your state.

I will like to know if the Mods have taken any action on you? Or are they missing this one?

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by OmerianConsult: 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2013
Who is financing this? Ogun -my state- is not rich and the governor is just stretching its lean resources.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by TechyGuy: 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Shut up you disgusting and lying mumu. Show where I 'bad belle' or senselessly thrash talk any good infrastructural development of this forum, whether from the PDP or otherwise, or accept you descend from a lineage of liars. Show were you have seen in Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Rivers, Ondo threads discrediting the efforts of Akpabio, Chime, Amaechi, Mimiko or any other non-ACP achiever. You are a b**stard if you don't prove I do what I condemn these creatures of hate for. Posters like you should be banned for your lies and slander.

Wow! See somebody's child or father.
Are you this young?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by PStacks(m): 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
This Amosun looks very quite as if he cannot finish one plate of Eba, but the guy is pulling a lot of strings...

Dualised all the major roads with these chinese guys, at first I was afraid of sub-standard works but you need to see what they did mehn! Excellent world class constructions.

Yoruba people are very quiet but very Progressive Minded..

This Amosun looks kind'a quiet for me but mehn! The guy is doing more than 10 lousy governors put 2geda..

Lesson: the Slow movement of a Lion is not a sign of cowardice but that of Articulation and Precision such that once it pounces on its prey, it strikes once and kills once and conserves Energy..

Ride on Amosun, we are behind you.. You guys needed to c how Civilised and how Polished His wife is! Guuuussh menh! I won't want my wife to fall short of all the qualities of My Governors wife..

Tallest Building in Africa. What a feet. Amosu is not talking but Working..

Its high time all these people stop talking and start working and follow Amosun's steps.

SIA is an Achiever. Senator Ibikunle Amosun. Very gentle and un-assuming man but great strides.

Carry on SIA. Omo Ogun Ise ya!

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by greaterlove(m): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
PHIPEX:

Whoever has not been inside some of these high rise buildings at Marina and see the number of vacant rooms will not understand the importance of your observation.

For a place like Abeokuta, building the highest structure in Africa shouldn't rank among top 5 priorities. I have been there and I know that it's in dare need of upliftment structurally not just a status symbol. A place like Marina in Lagos can dream of such because building a 60 storey building in a place where the closest building in height is not more than 12 storey wouldn't be too beautiful to behold nor economically wise. If such money is used to build more malls and the likes it could make more economic sense and attract more people to the town than having the tallest building. I heard the Governor is doing better than his predecessors but until I hear that he has taken care of that major road that enters Agbara Industrial Area I'll reserve my applause.

Thank you my brother. Except the developers have a game plan up their sleeves, filling such a building with occupants is a big task not just in lagos but other parts of the world. What most do now is incorporate hotels, shopping mall, restaurants and office spaces into such tall buildings as a unit not splitting them up. Is the demand for such high in Ogun state is another question. The good news is that it is privately funded. The last time I was at cocoa house Ibadan I almost shed tears, praying that this does not become another one. Good bless Ogun state.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
TechyGuy:

Are you this young?

if u say a neutral poster like GBAWE is young, then i wonder if ur own embryo will have developed AT ALL ..... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
TechyGuy:

Are you this young?

Don't try using cheap distraction to move issues away from your malevolent lie and attempt at character assassination you engaged in to defend your affiliations. Prove what you claim or accept you are a lying b**stard. You may be a crook and a criminally-minded individual, hence the reason my anger is lost on you, but I don't appreciate people lying against me and maliciously portraying me to be what I am not.

Prove your case or shut up and get out of here. People lacking in honour like you should be banned because you are the sort dishonourable enough to shout 'Ole' at an innocent man to get him lynched because you do not wish to pay him what you owe him.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by TechyGuy: 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

if u say a neutral poster like GBAWE is young, then i wonder if ur own embryo will have developed AT ALL ..... cheesy

Which Gbawe is a neutral poster? the one of nairaland or linda ikeji's blog?

Have you ever seen any of his posts where he commended a good policy/plan/action of GEJ or a post condemning a bad policy/plan/action of APC politicians and their allies? I have not seen, maybe you should help out.

Or is it the uncouth poster of nairaland that hardly types a line without curse words and touch of agberoism?
Say something else please.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
greaterlove: Thank you my brother. Except the developers have a game plan up their sleeves, filling such a building with occupants is a big task not just in lagos but other parts of the world. What most do now is incorporate hotels, shopping mall, restaurants and office spaces into such tall buildings as a unit not splitting them up. Is the demand for such high in Ogun state is another question. The good news is that it is privately funded. The last time I was at cocoa house Ibadan I almost shed tears, praying that this does not become another one. Good bless Ogun state.

Ogun state doesnt need ur "God bless" after ur posting ur headache.... You & d poster u quoted should go & be blessing urselfs in ur caves in SE grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by basilo101: 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
I'm nt sure if SW kws d meaning of development. Does it mean dat countries like Czech, Luxembourg, austria, romania, hungary etc are nt developed? Is it all abt high rise while slums litter everywhere?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by TechyGuy: 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Don't try using cheap distraction to move issues away from your malevolent lie and attempt at character assassination you engaged in to defend your affiliations. Prove what you claim or accept you are a lying b**stard. You may be a crook and a criminally-minded individual, hence the reason my anger is lost on you, but I don't appreciate people lying against me and maliciously portraying me to be what I am not.

Prove your case or shut up and get out of here. People lacking in honour like you should be banned because you are the sort dishonourable enough to shout 'Ole' at an innocent man to get him lynched because you do not wish to pay him what you owe him.

Read my last post and you would see how this post is a confirmation.

Show me a post where you supported or commended any good plan, policy or action of GEJ and a post where you criticized any bad plan, policy or action of an APC governor or leader.

Do you mean any plan, policy or action of APC leaders is perfect and good and any plan, policy or action of GEJ and PDP is bad?
If you show me the posts, I will apologize to you here and now.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by greaterlove(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

Ogun state doesnt need ur "God bless" after ur posting ur headache.... You & d poster u quoted should go & be blessing urselfs in ur caves in SE grin
so you concluded because I raised some observations that I am from the south east?
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Horus(m): 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Amazing renders; I love it
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by TechyGuy: 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Shut up you disgusting and lying mumu. Show where I 'bad belle' or senselessly thrash talk any good infrastructural development of this forum, whether from the PDP or otherwise, or accept you descend from a lineage of liars.

Show were you have seen me in Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Rivers, Ondo threads discrediting the efforts of Akpabio, Chime, Amaechi, Mimiko or any other non-ACP achiever. [b]You are a b**stard if you don't prove I do what I condemn these creatures of hate for. Posters like you should be banned for your lies and slander. That I criticise GEJ, for messing up at the centre, does not mean I have any interest at all in malevolently criticising performing administrators in Nigeria ,whichever Party they may be from, as these twerps do 100% of the time against SW administrator. The antics of these blind haters is especially condemnable and deplorable because these SW Governors are factually some of the best performers in Nigeria currently.

Don't blame me if you are too dimwitted to be able to tell the difference between me, you and all the 'bad belle' clowns here.

Concerning the highlighted,
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
15. Don't attempt to post censored words by misspelling them.
See why posters like you should be barned?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
TechyGuy:

Which Gbawe is a neutral poster? the one of nairaland or linda ikeji's blog?

Have you ever seen any of his posts where he commended a good policy/plan/action of GEJ or a post condemning a bad policy/plan/action of APC politicians and their allies? I have not seen, may you should help out.

Or is it the uncouth poster of nairaland that hardly types a line without curse words and touch of agberoism?
Say something else please.

oh i see!!

To begin with, how many times do u see him indulge in useless trolling like ur sacked bro FreeGlobe is currently doing right now ?

..again, when NLers voted Gbawe as a best poster, where were u?...
busy ranting and throwing tantrums around the site i guess

...GO AND STICK BACK NECK INTO UR CAVE KID. This is a thread for potent & charismatic leaders like Amosun , not the group of failures in ur SE caves

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by YesBosss(m): 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2013
Good one, God bless South West. You guys should ignore Freeglobe, he is a trouble maker. He only want to cause Ibo Vs Yoruba argument, Pls ignore him.

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by YesBosss(m): 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
TechyGuy:

Concerning the highlighted,
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
15. Don't attempt to post censored words by misspelling them.
See why posters like you should be barned?

Why accuse him wrongly? You accused someone and expect him to thank you or hug you, you should be banned for derailing the topic as well cos you attacked him first.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Recognises Sen Kashamu Faction Of Ogun PDP And Their Candidates / Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye / Governor Dankwambo Congratulates Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.