Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west (8663 Views)

Nigerians Should Thank Yorubas For Rescuing Nigeria From Vagabonds / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” / Vagabonds Want To Succeed Me---Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by adconline(m): 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
True, but David West is an attention seeker. He was in IBB's govt when ASUU went on strike for several months. He's part of VIP=Vagabond in Power

2 Likes

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by tayokem(m): 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
jassie: Cheap attention seeker! I would have taken his comments seriously, but I noticed the word 'EX' before 'Minister' and realized he's only playing politricks.

ASUU members themselves are irresponsible. How do you explain a bunch of educationists going on strike all the time, abandoning the poor students?

I would have cried foul if I hadn't passed through the Nigerian university system. The bitter truth is that these ASUU guys are all politicians, Lecturers, HODs, Rectors, VCs. . . all of them are politicians belonging to a political party.

So the fact is that when ASUU strikes, its a case of POLITICIANS vs POLITICIANS, the students are the ones bearing the brunt, shikena!
David Mark should keep hhis dirty mouth permanently shut. When he was Minister of Petroleum under IBB, was hhe nott aiding babangida to siphon Nigeria money abroad. Education suffered terribly under IBB than any other govt
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
tayokem: David Mark should keep hhis dirty mouth permanently shut. When he was Minister of Petroleum under IBB, was hhe nott aiding babangida to siphon Nigeria money abroad. Education suffered terribly under IBB than any other govt
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by OlowoB(m): 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
jassie: Cheap attention seeker! I would have taken his comments seriously, but I noticed the word 'EX' before 'Minister' and realized he's only playing politricks.

ASUU members themselves are irresponsible. How do you explain a bunch of educationists going on strike all the time, abandoning the poor students?

I would have cried foul if I hadn't passed through the Nigerian university system. The bitter truth is that these ASUU guys are all politicians, Lecturers, HODs, Rectors, VCs. . . all of them are politicians belonging to a political party.

So the fact is that when ASUU strikes, its a case of POLITICIANS vs POLITICIANS, the students are the ones bearing the brunt, shikena!
. How can I like these your post a million times? Well said bro, these ASUU and the government are all playing politics with the education of this country. I only pity the poor students who are the ones that will bear d pain. OlowoB

1 Like

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by OlowoB(m): 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
adconline: True, but David West is an attention seeker. He was in IBB's govt when ASUU went on strike for several months. He's part of VIP=Vagabond in Power
. God bless you. I am happy not everyone is falling for the words of these cheap attention seeker
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
The problem in Nigeria is the lack of transparency and Accountability at every level of government and society. It is so blinding that one cannot differentiate the good from the bad. call it CHAOS....Nigeria is a functioning chaotic society....As long as it is functioning, nothing will ever change. Putting aside the political affiliation or innuendo's in the ASUU message, anyone with a brain will see the truth in their message. A government that puts education on the back burner is indeed a vagabond and may i add in Jonathan's case..Food mongering government!
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by chreldb(m): 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
jassie:

You just showed how retar.ded you are because you didn't make any sense. I really couldn't expect much from a nigg.a . . .

Congrats on the 'likes' you got. . . shows you got empty brains like yourself on nairaland cheesy cheesy cheesy

Really? Next time, scan all your credentials and upload them online just to prove a point.

The only thing you have successfully analyzed is your preference for South Africa.

Something tells me you're an ASUU member who doesn't want the truth to come out.

Has ASUU ever really protested against the lack of infrastructure in the Universities? No!
All they're fighting for is their pocket. . . And I don't expect sycophants like you to agree with me.

You are extremely ignorant!! As a matter of fact that is what the strike is about. INFRASTRUCTURES in universities, laboratory facilities E.T.C. Just so you know I am not an ASUU member. But I am sure that you belong to the thieves in Nigerian government who deserve to be named and shamed.

1 Like

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
sheff: And I hope you and the entire government icluding bothe houses of assembly will agree with me that "only vagabond run a country the ways you lots have been running NIGERIANS"

If Vagabonds can run a country then it surely speaks volumes of the citizenry....The people must be MEGA Vagabonds to be ruled by Vagabonds.

1 Like

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by toprealman: 9:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
Is this the same man that looted funds when he was in charge of the petroleum ministry?
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
chreld_b:

You are extremely ignorant!! As a matter of fact that is what the strike is about. INFRASTRUCTURES in universities, laboratory facilities E.T.C. Just so you know I am not an ASUU member. But I am sure that you belong to the thieves in Nigerian government who deserve to be named and shamed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/ASUU-faults-okonjo-iweala-over-n92bn-demand-by-union/

Really? Who's being ignorant here? definitely not me.
You must be a Somali cheesy
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by ilebaami: 10:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
McLuhan: Judging by the 2013 budget, Nigeria spends about 2.7 million naira every day to feed its President. This figure is only for feeding and excludes any other aspect of the President's upkeep. The Senate President, on his part, earns as much as 88 million naira monthly (Sunday Punch, August 4, 2013, page 16). This is the same government that claims it cannot afford 92 billion naira to pay the entitlements of all lecturers in federal universities whose unpaid allowances have accumulated since 2009, when the same government voluntarily signed an agreement to pay the said wages. Imagine the hypocrisy!

Aso Rock feeding is for hundreds of visitors and guests daily including other Heads of State.

Ignorance, Ignorance everywhere, not enough

1 Like

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by ilebaami: 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
adconline: True, but David West is an attention seeker. He was in IBB's govt when ASUU went on strike for several months. He's part of VIP=Vagabond in Power

Who believes David-West?

1 Like

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by NextIG(m): 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
Well, our Educational decay did not start from 2011, it has been there for about three decades now. And subsequent past governments have tried their best to restore its lost glory without a full success. Strikes has been embarked in the past but no body called those governments Vagabonds. GEJ will also try his own best and leave the scene for another government to continue. Calling GEJ government as Vagabond is a sign of irresponsibility from an Elder like T.D West. Though, he has never hide his dislike for GEJ since 2010 but, I thought there should be restrain in an elders' speech when he is angry. I advice the youths never to follow the path of our present elders who resort to public abuse in the name of criticism.
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
Next IG: Well, our Educational decay did not start from 2011, it has been there for about three decades now. And subsequent past governments have tried their best to restore its lost glory without a full success. Strikes has been embarked in the past but no body called those governments Vagabonds. GEJ will also try his own best and leave the scene for another government to continue. Calling GEJ government as Vagabond is a sign of irresponsibility from an Elder like T.D West. Though, he has never hide his dislike for GEJ since 2010 but, I thought there should be restrain in an elders' speech when he is angry. I advice the youths never to follow the path of our present elders who resort to public abuse in the name of criticism.

What is this one saying??
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by benbrains(m): 12:00am On Aug 19, 2013
k2039: He has spoken well.

Real education has nothing to do with schooling, as a matter of fact I'm thinking of dropping out of school sef.

your mum shouldnt see this o
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by PassingShot(m): 5:54am On Aug 19, 2013
Next IG: Well, our Educational decay did not start from 2011, it has been there for about three decades now. And subsequent past governments have tried their best to restore its lost glory without a full success. Strikes has been embarked in the past but no body called those governments Vagabonds. GEJ will also try his own best and leave the scene for another government to continue. Calling GEJ government as Vagabond is a sign of irresponsibility from an Elder like T.D West. Though, he has never hide his dislike for GEJ since 2010 but, I thought there should be restrain in an elders' speech when he is angry. I advice the youths never to follow the path of our present elders who resort to public abuse in the name of criticism.

Lol at the bolded.
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by adtiezy1(m): 7:11am On Aug 19, 2013
Donmams: Former Minister of Petroleum, Professor Tam David-West, yesterday declared that only a vagabond government would fail to invest in education, adding,“There are more thieves in government than saints in the country.”

David-West said this in Ibadan while speaking at a town hall meeting organised by the University of Ibadan chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

He said: “Any government that fails to invest in education is a vagabond government. The problem with Nigeria is that we have more thieves than saints in government. We drill over two million barrels of crude oil per day. Why should we be poor? ASUU is saying put money in education to improve education quality for our children and those yet unborn.”

He maintained that if the federal government was serious, there was nothing stopping it from adequately funding the nation’s education sector, noting that a government that said it spent N8 trillion illegally must be made by all Nigerians to fund public education.

According to him, no serious government would turn its back on proper funding of education, adding thatany government that “fails to invest in education is a vagabond government.”

He said it was unfortunate that the same government that[b] “does not have money for education budgeted N1 billioneach to feed the president and vice-president for a year.”[/b]

David-West asked rhetorically: “Are they eating rock in Aso Rock? If you went to school without shoes, ensure that your children have shoes. Good parents pray that their children must be better than they were.”/
dis bolded part made me weep.....1 billion naira for food....dats a thousand million if my calculation is correct....dis is too much...God save my country..God bless nigeria
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Whiskeyboiler: 8:36am On Aug 19, 2013
Thoughtful and sensible comment but suspicious motive.
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by piagetskinner(m): 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
These leaders don't know anytin...Education is one of the major key sectors where govt needs to invest in,so that our graduates cAn come out BOLDLY, defend their cert,as well as compete with their counterparts abroad. but NO! their own na just to choP and chOP til their belle burst##Smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 / INEC Creates 54,873 Additional Polling Units / Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.