Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? (12128 Views)

Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks / What Is The Maximum Daily Deposit In Nigerian Banks? / 9 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1000 World Banks Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by pjosh1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
Is there any Nigerian bank that give loan to teenagers. Please i need response
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Seun(m): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
If you have enough collateral, and if you're at least 18 years old, then I bet that won't be a problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
Is this the real seun
p.josh:
Maybe from 18 I think undecided
You need to have a current a/c with the bank or at least a current a/c holder must "stand in" for you,
And you must have current Assets listed in your name.

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
WHAT DOES A TEENAGER NEED A LOAN FOR? BIS?

5 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by lalaboi(m): 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
Marthakings: WHAT DOES A TEENAGER NEED A LOAN FOR? BIS

LOL.

@topic

If you do have a business idea/proposal that is worth investing into, Banks will grant you a loan!

Edit: .. Off course, with a collateral!
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
spongeback: Is this the real seun

NAAAH!!! DATZ THE FAKE SEUN... HEZ A ROBOT

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
I doubt. they wil giv a lot of conditions that wil make it imposible 4 d teen 2 meet up. a lot of adults are being turned down by banks talk less of teens.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by lalaboi(m): 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
Seun: If you have enough collateral, and if you're at least 18 years old, then I bet that won't be a problem.

I dont think there is actually a law that says you have to be atleast 18. .

Its just that for you to be taken seriously they might consider your age too
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Lanceslot(m): 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
I doubt if they do..... Dem neva even grant adults loan, na small pikin dem go come give.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by nifemi25(m): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
Space book. Going ƒöя research. ℓ̊ ώĩℓℓ be back
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by dasparrow: 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
p.josh:

For where? Nigerian banks hardly give loans to adults talk less of teenagers except if you have a huge mansion that you can put down as collateral in the event that you cannot pay back the loan.

4 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2013
I don't think so.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by ayoola2002(m): 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
@op, try ibtc bank, i think they are more friendly than others bank, especially when u have good proposal.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by kevoh(m): 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
Except your father is Dangote,a relative of Dangote or in the same league as Dangote!

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by demelza: 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
Why would anyone want to collect loan from a Nigerian bank what with the huge interests that comes attached?

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by demelza: 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
Op I would advice that if you are sourcing for funds, join a local cooperative unit or Osusu. At least you are sure they have got your back.

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by switch360(f): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
yes. It is available in NIGERIA. A few bank does that.

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
Marthakings: WHAT DOES A TEENAGER NEED A LOAN FOR? BIS?

For his girlfrind. Are you new?
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by lacosteIII(m): 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
shocked
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by janvier27(m): 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
Most Nigerian banks are not even interested in opening accounts for teenagers, except of course if you have funds to play with or to place with them.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2013

OP I will give you my loan. I will give you my loan so hard you will not stand for days. After taking the full amount of my loan, you will not ask for another loan ever.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by switch360(f): 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2013
Richfella:

For his girlfrind. Are you new?
was that the question? Oloddo
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2013
No they won't because you are a minor. Any contract enter into with a minor will not be legally enforceable. Although if u can prove to the bank that the loan is of necessity ie for food ,education and other things that are absolutely necessary for your survival, then they will provided you meet their requirement. This is because if they loan you money and you decide not to pay, they are oyo.

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Godson201333(m): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2013
Marthakings:

NAAAH!!! DATZ THE FAKE SEUN... HEZ A ROBOT

Lol lol if you wanna know the real seun,Check him profile nah !!
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Godson201333(m): 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
Hmm oh Nigeria,Adult haven't gotten a loan yet talkless of teen smh!!
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
No, they don't.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by bigx(m): 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
Do they even give adults?
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
Mod why, why are you deleting my posts?
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
Yes, banks give loan to Teenagers, but parent are expected to be guarantors of the loan. The TOS requires the guarantors of the credit facility to tender equitable collateral as security for the credit facility.

But if a teenager has a lucrative and patented business model NOT idea, that is capable of fiscal self-generation of liquidity like apps and/or webwares and/or technology modules that has possibility of being sort after by billion dollars firms, then just like construction loans, the banks can stick their heads out to become partner and provide cash needed for the business to thrive with close monitoring, in that case, the teenager can go into joint venture or equity partnership with the finance house.

I hope this helps.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April / Where To Buy Baby Products In Bulk / Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.