Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? (14266 Views)

Is Heaven Really Pure & Without Sin? / Christianity Without Sin / How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by lakezyde: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
190-the-clown:
uhmm yeah grin

i havent sinned in over 4 marketdays now

LOOOOOL
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by haibe(m): 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
enigma_otr:
Don't be confused, Jesus is simply telling us in verse 12 to always confess our sins whenever we pray. That verse doesn't suggest that you're about to yield to temptations, it's a confession of (an) already committed sin(s).

Seems you did not get my point, okay if i have not sinned today and i want to pray tomorrow morning, what sin would i mention in my confession to God??
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by luluosas(m): 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
Lovine: Dr.Gboy:Knrig.How was your life and attitude last week? With your neighbor, friend, wife, colleague, other faith, etc be sincere?
Do I really need to tell you? Please, if you have access to any these people you mentioned, do kindly asked them. Thank you.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Alwaystrue(f): 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
@OP,
Yes, through Jesus. Grace and truth came through Him. The grace to live godly with the help of the Holy Spirit who guides us in all truth. He wills and does His great pleasure in our lives. As the bible said, they that walk in the spirit will not fulfil the lusts of the flesh. Our need for Jesus is continuous.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
haibe:

Seems you did not get my point, okay if i have not sinned today and i want to pray tomorrow morning, what sin would i mention in my confession to God??
In your own self-righteousness, you can pray without asking for forgiveness of possible sins you've committed earlier if you feel you've not committed any. Jesus Christ is clear on how He wants us to pray.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by trolling(m): 6:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
Capital No.....fa fa foul.....man inherited sin but one can be blameless in the spirit of the law
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by haibe(m): 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
enigma_otr:
In your own self-righteousness, you can pray without asking for forgiveness of possible sins you've committed earlier if you feel you've not committed any. Jesus Christ is clear on how He wants us to pray.

Okay now you bring the issue of me being self righteous?? Because i said its possible to live righteous without sin by the grace of God??

What then is self-righteousness if you are being righteous by God's grace??
and the holy spirit bears witness with you have not commited any sin.

Now tell me, when you are confessing to God for sins you don't know about, what do you tell him you him?
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Ella239(f): 6:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
It is possible just d God's grace. Cos Jesus lived all his entire life without sin
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
Why is it that any time the word "sin" or "goods are mentioned, you people will starting quoting bible or koran? For the sake of reasons, don't your cultures or traditional religions talk about sin and goods? Must you negro give every credits to your infamous masters?

In fact, although slavery by shackles had ended, blacks are still engulfed in mental and intellectual slavery; which is the worst.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by trolling(m): 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
All have sinned and have fallen short of His glory... There's none righteous, not one. The Holy One of Israel won't be compared to anyone, His Angels are charged with foolishness so what or who is man, that was taken and created out of the dust, covered with worms mthchew
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Simonet: 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
Living without sin is DIFFICULT today.

For instance, The Bible says we should not lust but it is obvious from the way they dress that the girls want to be lusted after!! shocked shocked
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by OlowoB(m): 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
Babiloko: dnt tink its possible...even d bible said '4 al hv sinned n fall short ov his glory'...nd it also say's in anurda portion 'nt 1 is free 4rm sin, no nt 1'...FIRST 2 COMMENT 4 D 3RD TIME IN A WEEK...WHU NIDS AN AUTOGRAPH? grin
. If it is not possible how then are we going to make it to heaven? I guess your understanding of the bible is flawed. By his grace,all things are possible. In matthew 5 vs 48, the bible says" be he perfect as your father in heaven is perfect". It was a command given to us. So it is very possible
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by OlowoB(m): 7:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
donedy: Why is it that any time the word "sin" or "goods are mentioned, you people will starting quoting bible or koran? For the sake of reasons, don't your cultures or traditional religions talk about sin and goods? Must you negro give every credits to your infamous masters?

In fact, although slavery by shackles had ended, blacks are still engulfed in mental and intellectual slavery; which is the worst.

no one forced you to comment NEGRO

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
OlowoB: no one forced you to comment NEGRO

I'm glad that I have made a positive impact on a deluded Negro; which was why you took your time to read my comment, and even commented on it.

I'm sure you're at home right home contemplating on what I wrote. Discussion and debate like this nurture enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Rossikk(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
donedy: Why is it that any time the word "sin" or "goods are mentioned, you people will starting quoting bible or koran? For the sake of reasons, don't your cultures or traditional religions talk about sin and goods? Must you negro give every credits to your infamous masters?

It's a real shame isn't it?

Most of them have no conceptualization of morality or existence outside the contents of the Jewish/Greek bible and Arab koran.

It's almost as if some giant monster stormed the country and with a sledgehammer, crushed every single prior knowledge and beliefs of the people, to replace with his.

It's a bit scary to observe.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by MindExplorer(m): 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
Well. I have come to believe some obvious truth that are starring us right in the face but blocked by our unwillingness to break free from them yet.
I wil be honest with you. IT IS POSSIBLE TO LIVE WITHOUT SIN - That is what it means to be Holy and Pure- which are requirements for entering God's Kingdom. Pls if you are still battling with some sins, then pray about them. That was why Christ came to the earth to destroy EVERY works of darkness. And then He gives you His seed (nature) which would create a different taste and desire in you, this time the desire for Righteousness I John 3:8, 9. God will help every one of us to hate sin with perfect hatred.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by akahp(m): 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2013

u no go find way go slip m.umu(mmuoo)
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by akahp(m): 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
donedy:

I'm glad that I have made a positive impact on a deluded Negro; which was why you took your time to read my comment, and even commented on it.

I'm sure you're at home right home contemplating on what I wrote. Discussion and debate like this nurture enlightenment.
i beseech u 2remain in ur stupidity xo dat u shal av ur due reward at d end
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by akahp(m): 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
donedy:

xori man far 4rm it, u av succesfuly displayd ur obvious stupidity in public
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
akah.p:

xori man far 4rm it, u av succesfuly displayd ur obvious stupidity in public

I would have given you an elaborate response if only I comprehended what you're trying to convey. Please rephrase.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Revolva(m): 11:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
sin is the best.....sin is sweeet mehn...everyday i sin..as i was born a sinner..n am gonna leave this earth a sinner...ok..so @op dont worry..bout if u see the high level of immoraliy..ok chill prepare for the worst...ok..this world without sin...umm dont think one can make it
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by ARareGem(f): 11:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
haibe:
Sorry but you can't have a good conscience if you are not 'living without sin, you can only deceive yourself that your conscience is clear.

Having a good conscience with God does not mean you do not sin, but you genuinely repent of your sins when you do. Well, a lot has been said about the topic. May God help us to live as holy as a sinner saved by grace can ever be on this earth.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by emmyskies(m): 12:38am On Aug 19, 2013
yes. A hundred percent. I am a living testimony. For Christ said ''Be thou perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect''. To show that we can be perfect. Job was perfect, all the prophets were perfect. The saints were perfect. And guess what, im trying to be perfect. And by His grace, I shall be a hundred percent free from the bondage of sin. May the peace of Christ be with you all. And may God grace and help those of you who are striving for perfection. Amen
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by tpia5: 6:55am On Aug 19, 2013
Amen.

Thats a good pov, however i doubt its possible to live entirely free of sin, thats where Jesus' sacrifice applies, else no one would stand a chance.

Not an excuse to continue intentional sin btw.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by haibe(m): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2013
ARareGem:

Having a good conscience with God does not mean you do not sin, but you genuinely repent of your sins when you do. Well, a lot has been said about the topic. May God help us to live as holy as a sinner saved by grace can ever be on this earth.

Okay you are right, but when one repents, it is difficult for him to go back to that sin so it shouldn't be a thing of frequent repentance.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by denniece1(m): 10:21am On Aug 19, 2013
I dont knw y pple are saying its nt possible...
1pet1vs15
but as he which has called you is holy,so be ye holy in all manner of conversation.
16. Because it is written,be ye holy;for i am holy.
what u shuld b asking urself is if u die 2day in 1 sin or d other where wuld u go?,is it not better we live without sin?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Slowvenom(m): 10:37am On Aug 19, 2013
No one is rightious by works, bt u cn leave without sin is u believe n strive for rightiouness. Rom4:1-5, pls read
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Oxygenmayo(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2013
It is VERY possible...let me show you how. I asked the Holy Spirit this question and He told me that we often commit sin through this medium: what we hear, what we say, what we think of, how we act and what we see. if these things can be controlled, we can be sure of living a sinless life.

however, they cannot be achieved through the human effort or ability. we need the power of the Holy Spirit to achieve them because He will teach us all things. He will tell you what you should hear, what to say, control the thoughts of your heart for out of it are the issues of life, how to behave and not to look a woman to lust or covet after our neighbor's property...
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Allhail(f): 12:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
Its really difficult but God is n hs alwz been our helper. I want 2 go 2 heaven n wil make it Amen.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2013
enilove: It is possible and it has to be ,for anyone that wants to make heaven.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:48
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect".

The Bible also says in Hebrews 12:14
"Follow peace with all men , and HOLINESS, without which no man shall see the Lord".

The way out is to do away with the works of the flesh and allow the Holy Spirit to control your life as we can read in Galatians 5:19-21
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall NOT INHERIT the kingdom of God."

When you bcome born again and you are determined to follow Gods conmandments, although it is not easy, the fruits of the Holy Spirit will manifest in your life and you will be able to make heaven as written in
Galatians 5:22-24
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. [24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts".

It is a matter of determination, except someone who has decided not to make heaven.

my brother it is NOT possible to live without sin. God declared people righteous through the blood of Jesus Christ not based on your works.

The bible discourages the people who PRACTICE sin. there is a difference between practicing sin and just sinning. Even when you think you are not sinning, you are sinning.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
Oxygenmayo: It is VERY possible...let me show you how. I asked the Holy Spirit this question and He told me that we often commit sin through this medium: what we hear, what we say, what we think of, how we act and what we see. if these things can be controlled, we can be sure of living a sinless life.

however, they cannot be achieved through the human effort or ability. we need the power of the Holy Spirit to achieve them because He will teach us all things. He will tell you what you should hear, what to say, control the thoughts of your heart for out of it are the issues of life, how to behave and not to look a woman to lust or covet after our neighbor's property...

my brother tell that holy spirit that it is a lie. it is impossible for man to live without sin.

what God hates is willful sin, but he understands that we are imperfect and are prone to sin by mistake.

I tell you, if God were to save based on works, no man will be saved. sin is not just the ones humans see, their are the ones we can never see but God alone does.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
emmyskies: yes. A hundred percent. I am a living testimony. For Christ said ''Be thou perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect''. To show that we can be perfect. Job was perfect, all the prophets were perfect. The saints were perfect. And guess what, im trying to be perfect. And by His grace, I shall be a hundred percent free from the bondage of sin. May the peace of Christ be with you all. And may God grace and help those of you who are striving for perfection. Amen

You misunderstand Jesus words. if you wish, we can get the meaning of Jesus words in that verse. "ALL have sinned" includes job.

but God makes some people perfect, not by their human efforts but through grace by the blood of Jesus.

not that effort is not required, but that by your effort, you can never be perfect cos we have an inborn imperfection in us. only through grace, can God wash the imperfection away. but as far as you are in this world you can still sin because you can often make mistakes. however, only when we allow that sin to become master over us can God reject us.

though when God declare people righteous, they are perfect in his eyes, but that doesnt prevent them from sinning because they have a weak flesh of imperfection from birth. only may we not become slaves to this weak flesh.

however, when the ones who are declared righteous sin, God accepts their prayer for forgiveness and cleanses them again based on the blood of Jesus.

So it is bribe that make us think that we can be perfect based on our effort.

NO MAN CAN LIVE A PERFECT LIFE. God grants perfection based on GRACE thru the blood of the lamb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prayer Is Important But Praise Is More Important / Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! / I Wonder If These Are Found In Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.