Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,602 members, 7,801,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria (14240 Views)

Help! Where Can I Get Gionee E6 Screen Repair Within Kd Environ / Gionee’s E6 Series Spices Android Market / Gionee E6, Iberry Auxus Nuclea N1, Samsung Galaxy S4 Compared In Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by s3nn2x(m): 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
GIONEE Communications Equipment Company Limited has said its GIONEE Elife E6 smartphone will be available in Nigeria in less than two weeks.

The Marketing Manager of the company, Mr. Gabriel Nwabueze, revealed this in Lagos on Thursday at a media briefing.

The phone was released in Beijing China on July 10 this year.

With its intuitive and user friendly interface, Nwabueze said the Elife E6 was manufactured with the customers’ interest at heart, supplying what is truly important to them in terms of quality, performance and affordability – all in a stylish and sophisticated design.

According to him, Gionee Elife E6 showcases technology at its peak, and is powered by a 1.5GHz Mediatek quad-core processor, along with 2GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage.

The smart phone, which features a unibody design, sports a 5-inch OGS (One-Glass-Solution) AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and pixel density of 441ppi, he said, was extremely thin at just 6.18mm, and weighs 128 grammes.

He added, “It has motion sensor allowing users to answer phones by directly raising it up to their ears, answer calls by waving a hand over the screen, flip between pictures by a sweeping motion, and automatically play/pause videos when the user looks away from the screen. The camera can even take pictures automatically when it detects a smile.

“The Gionee Elife E6 also has a 13-megapixel primary camera, with a second generation BSI sensor which comes along with an auto focus feature and an LED flash. It also has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with a 28mm lens. Both cameras support 1080p video recording and comes with amazing self portrait mode features.

The phone, he added, packs a 2020mAh battery and runs on the latest Android 4.2 with its own custom Amigo UI layer, vertical panorama, dual microphone equipped with a noise cancellation technology.
http://www.punchng.com/business/technology/gionee-e6-phone-set-for-unveiling-in-nigeria/

It seems the smartphone war just got better...maybe I should start making plans to sell my Tecno F7 grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
ghenghen.

tecno is in troublem

1 Like

Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by CHIMCO(m): 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
How much can it go for?
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by seadog: 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
What is d difference btw dis phone and phantom A+?.Am really enjoying dis trend a lot.When MTN first came to Nigeria,they said per second billing is not possible but who thought them to reserve to their statement....it was Glo that why i cherish my Glo line still tmao.They so called rip off,knock off phones are now a house hold name in the smarthphone industry whether Samsung,Nokia etc like it or not.These phone are really affecting their sells here in Nigeria,am quite sure nobody will tell them to look into prices of their phone,cos the war have just started.

1 Like

Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
wat will make peeps go for dis fone instead of tecno f7 is d price.
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2013
This is good competition for the Nigerian market! sad some tecno sales boys would soon be here to bad mouth this phone despite the fact it's not even here yet.
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by asudan: 9:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
saxywale: This is good competition for the Nigerian market! sad some tecno sales boys would soon be here to bad mouth this phone despite the fact it's not even here yet.
Do you know the price before jumping into conclusion. moreover they are both chinco family

1 Like

Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by duwdu: 11:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
Thanks, OP, for the heads up.

I've been waiting on the gadget as a possible alt to the Xperia Z/HTC-One. It could also serve to "hold belé," pending when the Z Ultra as well would settle "down in price," as they say.

What may seal the deal to get the E6, for me, willl be a very favourable price point for it, particularly since it's not dust & water resistant ~ that is, not IP57/8 certified?

And I'm following this thread, of course.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by biomedixexcel(m): 7:00am On Aug 20, 2013
I will get this phone

1 Like

Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 20, 2013
asudan:
Do you know the price before jumping into conclusion. moreover they are both chinco family
Even the almighty iphone is made in china. So what's your point. The phone sells for 22k - 26 k rupees in India as reported on some blog site. A rupee is 2.5 naira. You should be able to work out the likely retail price in Nigeria with that clue available on the web. it's still an affordable high end phone compared to the likes of HTC one and co which are fast turning to luxury models.
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by austinsmat(m): 9:10am On Aug 20, 2013
This phone should be around 45k to 50k still high price grin grin grin grin up techno cheesy

2 Likes

Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 9:30am On Aug 20, 2013
duwdu: Thanks, OP, for the heads up.

I've been waiting on the gadget as a possible alt to the Xperia Z/HTC-One. It could also serve to "hold belé," pending when the Z Ultra as well would settle "down in price," as they say.

What may seal the deal to get the E6, for me, willl be a very favourable price point for it, particularly since it's not dust & water resistant ~ that is, not IP57/8 certified?

And I'm following this thread, of course.

P34c3

Saw the Z Ultra on the affordables website for N115,000.
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 20, 2013
austinsmat: This phone should be around 45k to 50k still high price grin grin grin grin up techno cheesy
High price cos its a High End phone and not a mid-ranger.
Just wait 4 Tecno 2 try and release a High-End device
*Hope ur guess is just as mine*
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by mrdrizzy(m): 9:53am On Aug 20, 2013
austinsmat: This phone should be around 45k to 50k still high price grin grin grin grin up techno cheesy
actually it should be a little higher dan that if u ask me! I was told e5 is within dat price range and d e6 around 65-75 or so!! Nt sure sha
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by Hotdiamond(m): 9:58am On Aug 20, 2013
saxywale:
. The phone sells for 22k - 26 k rupees in India as reported on some blog site. A rupee is 2.5 naira. Y.
that's appx 55k-65k good price for the spec's
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by duwdu: 11:03am On Aug 20, 2013
mr.drizzy:
actually it should be a little higher dan that if u ask me! I was told e5 is within dat price range and d e6 around 65-75 or so!! Nt sure sha

For me, figures approaching 70k for the E6 is pushing it ooo...the Z is already retailing for 86k or less. I hope GiONEE 9ja is listening...

P34c3
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by duwdu: 11:09am On Aug 20, 2013
Hotdiamond: that's appx 55k-65k good price for the spec's

This should be more like it...they should just keep it at about 55... :-)

P34c3
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
When you convert finish ehn....add VAT plus importation price + gain wey retailers go make.... You ll cough out nearly 90k for this with those specs....convert the prices of HTC oNe and S4 abroad to naira....then you ll understand.
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by duwdu: 10:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Saw the Z Ultra on the affordables website for N115,000.

Thanks for this heads up... We're getting there. :-)

P34c3
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by hillsate: 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
N50k for a phone without 3G?
tufia!
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:03am On Aug 21, 2013
hillsate: N50k for a phone without 3G?
tufia!

source of this your information plix? cheesy cheesy
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by Randerl: 7:17am On Aug 21, 2013
When u done, kindly drag ur dumb head back to dat OP and read.

hillsate: N50k for a phone without 3G?
tufia!

1 Like

Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by Jeffy1206(m): 7:48am On Aug 21, 2013
Dis fone price will go from 60-70k... so it cannot compete wit Tecno but wit sammy,htc and alike...
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by lat4real: 8:16am On Aug 21, 2013
The question is...is it mediatek device or not?
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by krugar07(m): 9:56am On Aug 21, 2013
asudan:
u cant compare gionee n tecno.saw a review of this elife e6 lyk last month.n i prayd it will come to naija 2 show us that an OEMs recognition promotes its crave for quality as competition sets in.tecno only competes with infinix which is its only fellow solely african competitor. whereas gionee competes with other semi-international brands like micromax, xolo, karboon, even prestigo has more recognition than tecno.google tecno then nairaland floods everywhere.(dat is if ur using google nigeria).

3 Likes

Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by realmandey: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2013
There is E6 which have not seen and also there is E3 below is the pic of E3 The price of the fone is gooda u can make a trial,I can recommend it for ya, coz it beat the superb usage of tecno f7 n d price and configuration.is just 34k almost d same price.

1 Like

Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by mrdrizzy(m): 10:26am On Aug 21, 2013
krugar07: u cant compare gionee n tecno.saw a review of this elife e6 lyk last month.n i prayd it will come to naija 2 show us that an OEMs recognition promotes its crave for quality as competition sets in.tecno only competes with infinix which is its only fellow solely african competitor. whereas gionee competes with other semi-international brands like micromax, xolo, karboon, even prestigo has more recognition than tecno.google tecno then nairaland floods everywhere.(dat is if ur using google nigeria).
yes so? We knw that bt dat doesnt mean dey should hype their price like sey na one sanpdragon or nvida chip,its almost of the same quality with the zopos,the ioceans,thl w200,jiayu nd co!! I heard dis stuff is 62k+ imagine dat cost sha,abi no be mediatek dis fone dey use?
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by krugar07(m): 10:45am On Aug 21, 2013
mr.drizzy:
yes so? We knw that bt dat doesnt mean dey should hype their price like sey na one sanpdragon or nvida chip,its almost of the same quality with the zopos,the ioceans,thl w200,jiayu nd co!! I heard dis stuff is 62k+ imagine dat cost sha,abi no be mediatek dis fone dey use?
the chipset a phone uses is not wat makes it costly.mediatek chipsets are manufactured easily and in very large quantity reducing the quality and improving sales, making it avalaible to many chinese manufacturers(china has the highest population and that promotes cheap labour and greater mass productiom).another variant of the HTC One x+ was produced powerd by a mediatek chipset and that didnt make it cheap. and also chinese dosnt mean cheap look at oppo find 5 it is at thesame price range of the s4 (because of its quality). price and quality go together bro.

1 Like

Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
krugar07: the chipset a phone uses is not wat makes it costly.mediatek chipsets are manufactured easily and in very large quantity reducing the quality and improving sales, making it avalaible to many chinese manufacturers(china has the highest population and that promotes cheap labour and greater mass productiom).another variant of the HTC One x+ was produced powerd by a mediatek chipset and that didnt make it cheap. and also chinese dosnt mean cheap look at oppo find 5 it is at thesame price range of the s4 (because of its quality). price and quality go together bro.
U nailed it bro.... Screen technology of a phone covers 70% of its price.
I bet if this phone was a HTC product, u'll not expect anytin lesser dan 100K.
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by mrdrizzy(m): 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
krugar07: the chipset a phone uses is not wat makes it costly.mediatek chipsets are manufactured easily and in very large quantity reducing the quality and improving sales, making it avalaible to many chinese manufacturers(china has the highest population and that promotes cheap labour and greater mass productiom).another variant of the HTC One x+ was produced powerd by a mediatek chipset and that didnt make it cheap. and also chinese dosnt mean cheap look at oppo find 5 it is at thesame price range of the s4 (because of its quality). price and quality go together bro.
hmm guy oppo uses snapdragon nt mtk,also the main reason why most smaller chinese brand go for mtk is cheapest 2nd is efficeiency 3rd is promoting their local company..now to ur oppo find 5 there are other fones out there that still looks and feels like dat oppo(take iocean x7 for example) cus if its ba3 life and maybe d chip processor the oppo increases..i hope u understand d point am coming frm. D truth is this fone kinda seem to cost if we reaon am,i mean gosh huawei p1 comes with lte and its till just 210$ tops.i hope dey are reading dis,very soon now uncle tecno go bring z1 maybe with dis same chip increase am to 50k too becos dey don see brother gionnee dey go 60k+.haba dem nvr begin pluck money frm tree oh..oh and i understand ur point ur very ryt.oh and th htc one+ actually uses nivida tegra 3 nt mediatek http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x+-4976.php
Re: GIONEE E6 Phone Set For Unveiling In Nigeria by drizzypat: 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2013
hmm guy oppo uses snapdragon nt mtk,also the main reason why most smaller chinese brand go for mtk is cheapest 2nd is efficeiency 3rd is promoting their local company..now to ur oppo find 5 there are other fones out there that still looks and feels like dat oppo(take iocean x7 for example) cus if its ba3 life,d design and maybe d chip processor the oppo increases..i hope u understand d point am coming frm. D truth is this fone kinda seem to cost if we reason am,i mean gosh huawei p1 comes with lte and its till just 210$ tops.i hope dey are reading dis,very soon now uncle tecno go bring z1 maybe with dis same chip increase am to 50k too becos dey don see brother gionee dey go 60k+.haba dem nvr begin pluck money frm tree oh..oh and i understand ur point ur very ryt.oh and th htc one+ actually uses nivida tegra 3 nt mediatek

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Data Did You Use On Your Phone In July 2017? / iPhone 5S Fingerprint Sensor Hacked By German Computer Club / How To Block Some Numbers From Calling My Airtel Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.