Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords (7802 Views)

What Do You Store Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Name With In Your Phone. / Guys, Confirm Your Girlfriend's Name Now!!! / What Name Did U Save Your Boy/girlfriend's Name As On Your Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by wildeberry: 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hello People.

As seen from the topic, yes, my husband of 1 year still uses his ex-girlfriend's name as his password. I saw this from a list of other passwords. Now, how do I bring this up without making it an issue or blowing it out of proportion? Because the way I see it, him using the password frequently could mean that she is on his mind when he types it out?

So chip in people.
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by wonlasewonimi: 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
wildeberry: Hello People.

As seen from the topic, yes, my husband of 1 year still uses his ex-girlfriend's name as his password. I saw this from a list of other passwords. Now, how do I bring this up without making it an issue or blowing it out of proportion? Because the way I see it, him using the password frequently could mean that she is on his mind when he types it out?

So chip in people.

You can use anything/name as password. I currently use myinlawisawitch as my password.
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by wildeberry: 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2013
True, but if you found out that your spouse was using an ex's name as their password, how would you take it?
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

You can use anything/name as password. I currently use myinlawisawitch as my password.
#Evils cheesy
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2013
It. Depends on how close and free you and your hubby are,you can talk to him about it if you are not comfortable with the password but no matter what you do,don't fight him,just be calm.
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Dyt(f): 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

Rotflmao
Wickedness
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by wildeberry: 3:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
sexytabhi: It. Depends on how close and free you and your hubby are,you can talk to him about it if you are not comfortable with the password but no matter what you do,don't fight him,just be calm.

we are close, and i also happen to know that he liked that ex for a long time.. so how do i bring it up as he might make it an issue
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by oxygen47: 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
Try hacking in wit dat password
And watch him change it fast
No need to talk plenty
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
oxygen47: Try hacking in wit dat password
And watch him change it fast
No need to talk plenty
I agree with you. Try and enter the password in his presence, once he figures you already know his password he will definately change it. Men and secrecy sha, must he use a password?
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by wildeberry: 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
He uses the name as password for many internet accounts. Not just 1.
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Dyt(f): 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2013
wildeberry:

we are close, and i also happen to know that he liked that ex for a long time.. so how do i bring it up as he might make it an issue

Are u scared of him?
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by bettercreature(m): 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Enegod(m): 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
wildeberry: He uses the name as password for many internet accounts. Not just 1.
hack them all
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2013
wildeberry:

I think that is better,pick his phone and enter the password in his presence,he will either ask you how you knew or change it immediately. Which ever way be ready for query,moreover you ought to have done enough for him to get over his ex #angryface...
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2013
Just sit down and talk to him bout it don't shout..

Maybe he forgot to change it..
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by wildeberry: 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
@ Dyt, no i am not scared of him. i just would not want it to be blown out of proportion.

@ Enegod, i probably would hack them in his presence because he knows i have seen the password list where her name is popular.

@ Sexytabhi, i will do that. Some people leave past memories to linger in their present for reasons i can't understand.

@ nadia _SA, i want to talk to him about it.. But how do I even bring that topic up in a discussion?
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Dyt(f): 6:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
Its a very simple matter
Tell it to him
which kind thing b dat one
Am married too and on all grounds I know d things I can take and not
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by jhydebaba(m): 7:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
Trouble sit down, yanga go wake am. Wetin she dey fInd Palava, she dey find. Wetin she go get Palava, she go get.

Why are feeling so insecure about he's password U've been stalking him, right

Ok, I feel ur pains. Why don't u use one of ur ex's name as password and let him know as well. If he asks u to change it then he too must be ready to change his.

But all in all...

Trouble sit down, yanga go wake am. Wetin she dey fInd Palava, she dey find. Wetin she go get Palava, she go get.
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by jhydebaba(m): 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
Dyt: Its a very simple matter
Tell it to him
which kind thing b dat one
Am married too and on all grounds I know d things I can take and not
Madam, mrs married woman. If her husband pursue her for house, shey, make she come become second wife for ur husband house
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by wildeberry: 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
@ jhydebaba, i have not been stalking him.. if you scroll up, you would see that i said he saw me see the list of passwords, I didn't go searching.
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Dyt(f): 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
jhydebaba: Madam, mrs married woman. If her husband pursue her for house, shey, make she come become second wife for ur husband house

And how does dis ur post mk sense
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by daisyella: 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
Seriously wot's d big deal? Juz talk 2 him abt hw u feel. Mayb it doesn't mean anythin and hez used to d name as his password. He mite not even know it bothers u
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by igbankebabe: 12:49am On Aug 20, 2013
It does not bother me like the world is ending. I just have the rational thought that he maybe still thinks about her. I will let him know
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 20, 2013
wildeberry: Hello People.

So chip in people.

it is either he is still thinking about her or does not want to go through the hassle of changing passwords for all the accounts that her name is his password for. under what circumstances did he break up with this girl? is he a very busy man such that he might not have time to spend on changing passwords? was this his password before you got married or is it a new one?i don't think its appropriate for him to have her name as his password in any case but it might not be something to worry about depending on how you answer those questions.
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 20, 2013
Why do people use their SO as passwords anyway? undecided

Tell him to change it to my name grin
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by ayando(m): 3:57am On Aug 20, 2013
When I saw this, I smiled because am guilty as well
Of truth, i used it for all my online stuff not because i am still into her but i just dont see anything odd about it. So op, talk to ur hubby about how you feel because he might not know you r hurt by it.
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by djeezy(m): 4:46am On Aug 20, 2013
@op, Whatever you do, do not hack into his account like some persons suggested here. That would be an invasion on his privacy and trust me, whether or not he changes the password, you are not going to like his reaction thereafter. As a wife, you need to dialogue with your husband and tell him that you are not comfortable with the password and try to find out the rationale for using the password. It's okay to feel apprehensive when our partner does something that makes us feel he still thinks about the ex. First things first, you need to talk to him about it before resorting to any other alternatives. Perhaps the name could also be the name of his relative, sister or mum.
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Nobody: 5:04am On Aug 20, 2013
djeezy: @op, Whatever you do, do not hack into his account like some persons suggested here. That would be an invasion on his privacy and trust me, whether or not he changes the password, you are not going to like his reaction thereafter. As a wife, you need to dialogue with your husband and tell him that you are not comfortable with the password and try to find out the rationale for using the password. It's okay to feel apprehensive when our partner does something that makes us feel he still thinks about the ex. First things first, you need to talk to him about it before resorting to any other alternatives. Perhaps the name could also be the name of his relative, sister or mum.

Im sure as a wife she would know this undecided
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by djeezy(m): 6:22am On Aug 20, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Im sure as a wife she would know this undecided
You're right, but there are some names peculiar to only a set of people. It could be a middle name or a name not frequently mentioned. Savvy?
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 20, 2013
M sure he opened dat acct while he was stil wif hez Ex,itz nt a big deal 2 me,letting im knw might make im angry..
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 20, 2013
AncientJerk:

it is either he is still thinking about her o[b]r does not want to go through the hassle of changing passwords for all the accounts that her name is his password for. [/b]under what circumstances did he break up with this girl? [b]is he a very busy man such that he might not have time to spend on changing passwords? was this his password before you got married or is it a new one?[/b]i don't think its appropriate for him to have her name as his password in any case but it might not be something to worry about depending on how you answer those questions.

My thoughts exactly!

But i will calmly ask him to change it. No time to waste. Just make sure he changes it to something he can remember so that it won't be your fault if he forgets.

For me, I have been using the same password since I got a phone and my first email address. Its the same password for everything. Asking me to change it is going to be tough. Infact there is no member of my family who doesn't know my password. Even my friends
Re: My Husband Still Uses Ex-girlfriend's Name As Passwords by korm2me(m): 11:18am On Aug 20, 2013
poshdiva:

My thoughts exactly!

But i will calmly ask him to change it. No time to waste. Just make sure he changes it to something he can remember so that it won't be your fault if he forgets.

For me, I have been using the same password since I got a phone and my first email address. Its the same password for everything. Asking me to change it is going to be tough. Infact there is no member of my family who doesn't know my password. Even my friends
hmmm ,then let me b ur friend!

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What I Just Discovered From My Girlfriend..viewer Discretion Advise / My Current Girlfriend Is Sharing The Same Birthday With My Ex / How I Was Embarrased Yesterday by a lady#christmas Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.