Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? (5399 Views)

U.S Political Analysist: Are Africans Too Dumb To Develope? / PHOTOS! Meet The World Hottest And Sexiest Twins & They Are Africans / Why Are Africans Lazy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
donroxy: And has white education on Agriculture never make our agric system better !!!

U are backward Op, U want an agriculture system where u will bend down with archaic hoe and cutlasses to cultivate 500 hectares of land .....

An Agriculture system where u will be expecting rain to fal after plantation ....

An agriculture system where Jazz is used in plantation instead of fertilizer !??

White education never ask African man to dumb his value system, But most are just too dumb to consolidate the two !!!

If u blame white,na who dem go blame .....

Foolishness!!!

No sir! I am not saying that we should go back to the way we use to things!
I am saying that education should help us to improve we are doing and not to stop entirely.

I am not saying the white man asked us to dump our value system, I am saying that it is stupid of us to dump pour value system just because we got education. Education should help us to improve.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
ypeace: I dont tink the ops is not saying we shud bcom cavemen. Both sides of the arguemnt has some points.. But only few people reason in a similar way with the OP. But sides are a little extreme with their points. Education, reading and writing in itself is not the problem. But the kind of knowledge passed to us through this education is kind of silly. Its taking us away from our natural self. @Op, the prob is not education but western education. Its lik afta aquiring d eductn, our pple bcom liers, more lazy and more corrupt. Its only a foolish man dat wud continue to do dsam tin and expect a diff result. Its tym we retink our strategies and steps and note dat a sch is not the only place we can get an education.

I am not in extreme.
I am not saying we should not have education.
I am saying our education must take another look at what education really is.
Is it getting certificate or improving on our value system?

I was sarcastic in my post, if people pick it at face value, too bad.
Like I said earlier, am I saying we must farm with hoe?
No and never, I am saying that we should untilise the things we have learnt into improving our socio-economic systems.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 2:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
ypeace: I dont tink the ops is not saying we shud bcom cavemen. Both sides of the arguemnt has some points.. But only few people reason in a similar way with the OP. But sides are a little extreme with their points. Education, reading and writing in itself is not the problem. But the kind of knowledge passed to us through this education is kind of silly. Its taking us away from our natural self. @Op, the prob is not education but western education. Its lik afta aquiring d eductn, our pple bcom liers, more lazy and more corrupt. Its only a foolish man dat wud continue to do dsam tin and expect a diff result. Its tym we retink our strategies and steps and note dat a sch is not the only place we can get an education.

I am not in extreme.

No and never, I am saying that we should untilise the things we have learnt into improving our socio-economic systems.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2013

I am not in extreme.

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
donroxy: School is one of the best place u can receive the best education !!!

Education has stages ..... Go and read on agent of socialization ...... Thats why what U were thought in basic,Secondary and tertiary institutions differ !!!

There is basic education and advanced education .... From Economics to Agric, Accounting-Phyiscs and chemistry , Microbiology,Medicine and biochemistry .... Business management,Sociology,Political science,Engineering,computer science, even Mathmatics,Yoruba ,french,Hausa,Igbo , downward to sport and Performing Arts etc,

Which among these great courses is harmful to we man ? !!! Are we not the one that have been applying wrongly !!! .......

Why do we blame whites for teaching us what is effective for them, why do we blame them for exposing us to advanced civilisation,why do we blame them for enabling us to have better understanding of the world !!!

Should they also come here to implement our economic policies for us ,...... Why do we find Implementation of goals so difficult !!!

Myopia !!!

Op, should come here and tell me what U have contributed to knowledge

Bros, we are on the same side.
I am not blaming the whiteman for giving us education, I am blaming us for not understanding the real purpose of education.

This is the average mentality of the average educated African:
Wear suit and tie, speak grammar, work in an office and earn big salary.

Please, is this the real purpose of education?

As for what I have contributed to knowledge? I am contributing now.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
prof.femi:
@OP, I refrained from replying your last post to me because I didn't quite know how to address the errors I note in your stance in a few words. However, I notice the vigor with which you are defending your stance, and so I feel I need to chip in again.

This is my view of your posts:
a) Underneath, there is a good message (our current educational system is not producing results)

BUT

b) Even though you deny it, there is an undertone of accusing the "white man" for this and other ills. This, for many of us, is a red flag, as it hints at the fact that you are a conspiracy theorist. Sure, the "white man" introduced many ills, but that should have nothing to do with the argument in (a), if indeed that is what you are doing.

c) I have not seen anything concrete you are advocating, rather than saying our education is not productive. You should note that you are not the first to realize this. In fact, most of us do. So, your saying it is not constructive. What would have been constructive is if you had specific proposals or ideas that you felt would take us forward.

Someone joked earlier that this is how Boko Haram started. Actually, he wasn't far off the mark. When you
a) identify an ill in a system
b) whip up strong passion against perceived ills
c) half-identify a nebulous entity to blame
d) but you do not suggest a way forward

the passion you whipped up in (b) becomes an explosive force that can be manipulated by evil people to do great harm. In other words, your intentions are noble, but my friend, be careful where you take this. My last words:

Talk is cheap. Either start stating SPECIFIC solutions or go back and do your homework.

hahaha!

i get your drift, but you turned it upside down.
The undertone is not a "conspiracy" theory against the whiteman.
The undertone is a "stupidity" theory against the Blackman.

I used Agriculture as an example:
My "stupidity" theory is this, the whiteman did not bring agriculture to us, he rather brought education that would have helped us to improve on what we have already. now, we acquired education only to abandoned what we already have and nothing else remained except the paper called certificate!

I have stated the way forward:

We have been hoodwinked into the fallacy of these great four parts to wealthy living:

1. go to school and get a certificate
2. get a great job that can pay well
3. earn money, the good money
4. buy luxurious things
and live happily ever after.

While these steps can work in the advanced nations like the US because they are properly industrialized, they cannot work in Africa because Africa does not have industries. The only viable "industry" in Africa is politics.

We in Africa need to change numbers 1 and 2 above:

1. go to school to develop your talent and acquire great skills
2. Become creative, productive and solve problems around you.

I wish you well.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
ypeace: @DONROXY. What the OP has contributed? I tink opening this thrend for us to share idea is a token contribution frm d op. I av actually learnt and reason anoda way frm ur post, wc is anoda contribution to education frm u, even if its just a token.
You asked y we find implementation of goals so difficult. Wat i tink (wc u may eventually prov wrong) is dat, there is somtin wrong in d steps in achievn dos goals. Either we lack adequate knwlg or we av inadequate knwleg to mak dos dreams reality..... Now it all boils down to eductn wc d op is talkin abt. Edctn is suppose to mak us better. Now if in ur veiw, its makin us beta, den there is absltly notin wrong wt our form of edctn. But i bilv nig and africa as a whole is not gettin btter wt our form of eduction.
Blaming as i blv won solve our prob. Pple lik u rightly said shud stop blamin the whites but rather channel their energy in improvn our status. And one suggetn i saw in wat d op wrote for exmpl is restructrn our system so dat we wud stop plantin on papers, we wud start plantin on land.
Wc of the courses is harmful? I say none....... But dont u tink somtin is wrong wen keep buildin useless engineers, doctors and co...... I wud disagree wt the op if he had said we shud stop breedin drs, lawys and co. But i blv wat he is sayin is dat we shud revisit our system of education, we shud mak is natural and ONLY employ frm d whites wat wud mak it better.
School is ONE of the best place we can recieve the best educatn, you are right. But its still not the only way out of the best....... We can tink can explore oda ways
U know bros, In Nigeria today, many do not know the difference between Monotechnics,Polytechnics,NCE and University .......

University is strictly a research institutions ...... U keep reviewing and developing knowledge base of sectors in the economy ...... Thats why University/other closely related institution is the only institution u can be conferred masters,Ph.d and thus conferred Professor !!!

Polytechnic is a multiTechnical school[b] which is meant to carry-out Knowledge-based and resolutions of research carried out @ University level !!!

Therefore,Polytechnic (HND) are trained to be Operational while University (B.sc) are trained to be Strategic !!!

NCE also have their functions (In our classrooms !!

Trust Nigerian system to mixed every thing together by coming up with ..... This is superior, no na dis one superior,........ !!!

See,Nigerian system is poor and has corrupted every blessed system that has proven effective elsewhere !!!

No knowledge is a waste ....... Application is our problem !!!

Stop saying useless doctors nor engineers ...... Our value system is what promotes mediocrity !!!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
ypeace: @DONROXY. What the OP has contributed? I tink opening this thrend for us to share idea is a token contribution frm d op. I av actually learnt and reason anoda way frm ur post, wc is anoda contribution to education frm u, even if its just a token.
You asked y we find implementation of goals so difficult. Wat i tink (wc u may eventually prov wrong) is dat, there is somtin wrong in d steps in achievn dos goals. Either we lack adequate knwlg or we av inadequate knwleg to mak dos dreams reality..... Now it all boils down to eductn wc d op is talkin abt. Edctn is suppose to mak us better. Now if in ur veiw, its makin us beta, den there is absltly notin wrong wt our form of edctn. But i bilv nig and africa as a whole is not gettin btter wt our form of eduction.
Blaming as i blv won solve our prob. Pple lik u rightly said shud stop blamin the whites but rather channel their energy in improvn our status. And one suggetn i saw in wat d op wrote for exmpl is restructrn our system so dat we wud stop plantin on papers, we wud start plantin on land.
Wc of the courses is harmful? I say none....... But dont u tink somtin is wrong wen keep buildin useless engineers, doctors and co...... I wud disagree wt the op if he had said we shud stop breedin drs, lawys and co. But i blv wat he is sayin is dat we shud revisit our system of education, we shud mak is natural and ONLY employ frm d whites wat wud mak it better.
School is ONE of the best place we can recieve the best educatn, you are right. But its still not the only way out of the best....... We can tink can explore oda ways

I cant but say:
THANKS A MILLION TIMES.

I'm so glad for your understanding of my heart bit.
If anybody did not understand my sarcastic approach to issues I raised, I don't know how to apologise for that.
As a graduate of Electrical/Electronics Engineering, I have gone hungry because there was no food, there was no food because there was no job. Yet, my mates in the villa who are not as educated as I was, never lacked the basic food at home.

I picked on Agriculture because food is the very first basics of mans survival. Now this is my pain:

Those who did not go to school, are fending for themselves, they are the farmers, the mechanics, the drivers, the barbers, etc. While those who went to school are carrying their certificates and have become a great burden to the society.

I was one of the burdens, until one day, I decided to take my destiny into my own hands. I stopped looking for jobs but rather started looking for solutions to the problems around me. It was so hard to think outside the box, because my mind set was this: the "purpose" of going to school is get a "job"!

This is the view I want changed.

Education is good and the purpose is for us to add value to creativity and productivity. Education should help us to solve our problems, education should help us to improve.

If anybody is understanding anything different from the above stated, such a person is on his own.
Once more I say, THANKS A MILLION TIMES!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
donroxy: U know bros, In Nigeria today, many do not know the difference between Monotechnics,Polytechnics,NCE and University .......

University is strictly a research institutions ...... U keep reviewing and developing knowledge base of sectors in the economy ...... Thats why University/other closely related institution is the only institution u can be conferred masters,Ph.d and thus conferred Professor !!!

Polytechnic is a multiTechnical school[b] which is meant to carry-out Knowledge-based and resolutions of research carried out @ University level !!!

Therefore,Polytechnic (HND) are trained to be Operational while University (B.sc) are trained to be Strategic !!!

NCE also have their functions (In our classrooms !!

Trust Nigerian system to mixed every thing together by coming up with ..... This is superior, no na dis one superior,........ !!!

See,Nigerian system is poor and has corrupted every blessed system that has proven effective elsewhere !!!

No knowledge is a waste ....... Application is our problem !!!

And do you know why?
Our educational system is not in synchronism with our daily lives.

Normally, electrical engineering should sync with our electricity consumption. But our electrical engineers (I am one of them) are "working" hard to buy imported generators designed and built by electrical engineers from other places.

There is no sync between our need for food and the agricultural sciences we study.
If wines or shoes are made in Aba, go and check, they are made by "illiterates".
it beats my imagination why some people are finding it hard to understand the issues being raised.

Thanks for you contribution.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by UjSizzle(f): 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
cogitoErgo: The OP is non-Islamic Boko Haram grin
The whites enhanced our knowledge base, but we seriously lack WISDOM to implement the knowledge we have!
Nobody can teach you wisdom.
Thank you
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
arm4u:
here is the irony, " education instead of making him better, had made him worse". !!!

Now, did you say lack of education is the problem of Africa?
then give me your right hand of fellowship because these are exactly my thoughts!
am so sorry for my outburst, couldn't decipher your sarcasm !!!

Education never made that mechanic worse off but was the one that failed to consolidate what he has learnt in mechanical engineering into developing his/her workshop !!!

The problem is African itself, our mentality and mindset and Value System ....... and Government is the only institution capable of eradicating such through genuine investment in standard education !!!

Tis our value system, Average African man what more than what he ever can produce !!! .....

We failed to embrace values inherent in education in our practical endeavors and only our Government can change that mindset by setting thing straight !!!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
arm4u:

No sir! I am not saying that we should go back to the way we use to things!
I am saying that education should help us to improve we are doing and not to stop entirely.

I am not saying the white man asked us to dump our value system, I am saying that it is stupid of us to dump pour value system just because we got education. Education should help us to improve.

Education willl not automatically improve our value system, we have to implement various recommendations in Book in order to achieve effective system .....!!!

And I think we aint ready to do that yet, abi are we ?
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
arm4u:
And do you know why?
Our educational system is not in synchronism with our daily lives.

Normally, electrical engineering should sync with our electricity consumption. But our electrical engineers (I am one of them) are "working" hard to buy imported generators designed and built by electrical engineers from other places.

There is no sync between our need for food and the agricultural sciences we study.
If wines or shoes are made in Aba, go and check, they are made by "illiterates".
it beats my imagination why some people are finding it hard to understand the issues being raised.

Thanks for you contribution.
U see, I am one of the few that believe every blessed thing is ''government'' cuz, it is difficult to develop beyond how much ur system allows U ..... And your system is controlled by those whom U have appointed/elected/selected to represent U ...... !!!

As an Engineer, If u wanto develop your own Generator,U know the cost of doing that is beyond the cost of purchasing already made one in the market .......

Now, how much fund do u have in ur hands to started building ur own model of generator .....what African Youth lack is '' MOTIVATION'' ..... Which has thus killed his creative sense,logical sense and any other mental prowess !!!

Imagined, Ministry of Education should have a unit which shall fund your research in Generator that won't be noisy,consume lesser fuel,and emit lesser carbon ...... U will be motivated to discharge your mental prowess ......!!!

See, 99% of Nigerians/Africans have psychological problem from Inhaling carbon monoxide,Bad roads,poor water system ..... EveryBody is just Mad at the second...... Basically, survival is the first and only instinct in that scenario .... !!!

The Government made education what it is for a purpose , so as to be able to have control over everybody ........

A brits,American ,canadian,chinese even Arab can never take an inch of what we have tolerated here !!!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by ypeace: 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
Now that dere is less disagreement, i ll say dis... The educatinal system on ground is lik dis, pple first learn about varieties of tinz b4 dey are expected to implement. Dat, i bilivd, is not how d whites started. Let the eductn be lik this we shud start wrkin at our early stage, den wen we encounter difficulties, sch shud be inplace to solve dos difficulties........ At d attempt of solvin it, we learn, den we develop. I will agree, only our leaders can mak d 'mega-change' buh we as individuals shud not stop implemntin dis ideas and try also to influence d few we cud........
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
cogitoErgo: The OP is non-Islamic Boko Haram
The whites enhanced our knowledge base, but we seriously lack WISDOM to implement the knowledge we have!
Nobody can teach you wisdom.

Hahahahaha!

Non - Islamic BH is rib cracking.

If you had taken your time to go through this thread then you will know that your position is exactly my postion.
So, if I am non Islamic BH, then we are comrades!

the summary of my position is this:

We have wisdom but throw it away because we are "educated".
Instead of using education to enhance our wisdom, we stopped thinking because we have "arrived" with our certificates.

Now, did I say education is evil?
No sir!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by redsun(m): 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
That is why you have the bini man that speaks jaggons in the house of rep talking rubbish just because he said he's been to school and he can irrelevant english.Thinking of how much he has been paid doing that is just mind blowing.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
ypeace: Now that dere is less disagreement, i ll say dis... The educatinal system on ground is lik dis, pple first learn about varieties of tinz b4 dey are expected to implement. Dat, i bilivd, is not how d whites started. Let the eductn be lik this we shud start wrkin at our early stage, den wen we encounter difficulties, sch shud be inplace to solve dos difficulties........ At d attempt of solvin it, we learn, den we develop. I will agree, only our leaders can mak d 'mega-change' buh we as individuals shud not stop implemntin dis ideas and try also to influence d few we cud........

Now we are getting somewhere.
You have put it in another way.
Maybe I was too sarcastic!

Our education today is the pursuit of certificates instead of enhancing and developing our knowledge for creativity, productivity and problem solving.

I mentioned the white man the way I did, because our people think that speaking the language of the whiteman is some great feat. Our people think that speaking the Language of the white is the same thing as "Education".

Your summary is on point.
Thanks
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by abes(m): 6:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
In those days before civilization, in Yoruba villages, each family is known for a particular occupation known from family names, we had the hunter families (ode-names), the entertainers-drummers (ayan-names), iron-gold-bronze-smith (ogun-names), royal families (ade-names) etc. Things were working fine then because a boy from a family knows from a young age his role in the community and he has abundant education (mentors and supports) from his family. Education based on the curiosity of boy, education of purpose, That is what is lacking in today's education system.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by ypeace: 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
abes: In those days before civilization, in Yoruba villages, each family is known for a particular occupation known from family names, we had the hunter families (ode-names), the entertainers-drummers (ayan-names), iron-gold-bronze-smith (ogun-names), royal families (ade-names) etc. Things were working fine then because a boy from a family knows from a young age his role in the community and he has abundant education (mentors and supports) from his family. Education based on the curiosity of boy, education of purpose, That is what is lacking in today's education system.
.... Right! Likewise every tribe in nig is knwn for somtin...... Its not necessary we go back to huntin and so so...... Since we avnt used the acquired westernized edu to improve our den current status, lets start using som of d ideas that wrkd then to improve our edctnal system dat currently nt wrkin to full capacity.........
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 9:55am On Aug 23, 2013
donroxy: Education willl not automatically improve our value system, we have to implement various recommendations in Book in order to achieve effective system .....!!!

And I think we aint ready to do that yet, abi are we ?

The bolded is another way of phrasing the issues I raised.

If you go back to the very first post, you will discover that the Agricultural Analogy I made is actually picking at the African who thinks that once he got "Education", then he has arrived.

So, instead of using the acquired education for improve on agriculture (which he was practicing earlier on), he dumbed all practices expecting an "automatic" improvement simply because he has got "education".

We are calling on Africans to stop living in delusion of "automatic" improvement. Nothing will work except we work it out. this is our submission.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 10:02am On Aug 23, 2013
redsun: That is why you have the bini man that speaks jaggons in the house of rep talking rubbish just because he said he's been to school and he can irrelevant english.Thinking of how much he has been paid doing that is just mind blowing.

He was a typical example of what we mean by "The fraud called Education".
The phrase at a phase value actually looked like we are condemning education, but that is not so!
We are considering the fact that men like this loose their ability to be creative, productive and solve problems, while thinking "I am educated".

This is the lot of many "educated" African! It is time we rise up and utilise the education we have acquired into our efforts to solve our problems. Unfortunately, it seems we are not even interested in solving our problems.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 10:24am On Aug 23, 2013
donroxy: am so sorry for my outburst, couldn't decipher your sarcasm !!!

Education never made that mechanic worse off but was the one that failed to consolidate what he has learnt in mechanical engineering into developing his/her workshop !!!

The problem is African itself, our mentality and mindset and Value System ....... and Government is the only institution capable of eradicating such through genuine investment in standard education !!!

Tis our value system, Average African man what more than what he ever can produce !!! .....

We failed to embrace values inherent in education in our practical endeavors and only our Government can change that mindset by setting thing straight !!!

The bolded is the irony!
Here is another analogy:
A man was dreaming of climbing to the mountain top and he started climbing from the mountain base, little by little. Yet, as he was climbing, he was acquiring education believing that education will help him to get to the top faster! Soon, he completed his education, but instead of using what he had learnt to change the way he was climbing the mountain, he simply came down from the heights he had attained, stayed at the base of the mountain and complaining to everyone who listens to him that he has got the education to climb the mountain, but their is no opportunity for him!

Now, his mates who did not acquire education, are still climbing the mountain in the crude way to they know! And when you discuss with them, they will tell you that they are just "managing" this climbing because they are not educated.

yet, the purpose of education is to help the climber to climb better!

Our mission in ARM: African Revolutionary Movement, is to "Cause a Mental Revolution that will lead to Industrial Revolution in Africa".

We are dreaming of African made vehicles, electronics, shoes, cloths and most important food.
Who said we cant make our beverages including the best of wines?
We keep importing everything and yet wonder why we remain poor.

The buyer will always have less, while the seller will always have more.

We are looking for like minded individuals who will labour with us.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 10:45am On Aug 23, 2013
ypeace: .... Right! Likewise every tribe in nig is knwn for somtin...... Its not necessary we go back to huntin and so so...... Since we avnt used the acquired westernized edu to improve our den current status, lets start using som of d ideas that wrkd then to improve our edctnal system dat currently nt wrkin to full capacity.........

You all should keep it up. Keep it coming!
This is another way to put it.

I like your approach to it!
The system we have today is like putting the cart before the horse: we should identify our problems, and then use education to solve them! Our problem includes, hunger, housing, transportation, etc. We should then use education as a tool in solving all these and many others.

Your contribution is so brilliant!
Thanks.

Please, we need contributions of people like you.
Join us in this movement.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2013
abes: In those days before civilization, in Yoruba villages, each family is known for a particular occupation known from family names, we had the hunter families (ode-names), the entertainers-drummers (ayan-names), iron-gold-bronze-smith (ogun-names), royal families (ade-names) etc. Things were working fine then because a boy from a family knows from a young age his role in the community and he has abundant education (mentors and supports) from his family. Education based on the curiosity of boy, education of purpose, That is what is lacking in today's education system.

Now, the purpose of education was to help us improve in all these, but we rather abandoned them because we have acquired "education".

It is like this, a man was sent on an errand to a far place. He did not have a means of traveling to the place. He had to start recking. But someone saw him, had pity on him and gave him a car to help make his journey faster, he took the car, started driving it around and abandoned the journey!

this is the massage we are passing across. We have to stand up for our generation, for the sake of our children
Please, we need volunteers! join us.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
arm4u: but their is no opportunity for him!!!

Our mission in ARM: African Revolutionary Movement, is to "Cause a Mental Revolution that will lead to Industrial Revolution in Africa".
U see, The problem is Opportunity which has thus led to ''Brain-Drain''!!!

The question is ;

how do we create Opportunity for African man to Excel ?

What is hindering an African man to progress ?

Does an African wants to progress or remain stagnant ?

Is African dude ready to explore his world ?

Does the Value system of Africa as well as the environment he operates enables progress ......

Brother, my own resolution is the ''Value System'' , The society, the environment is so poor and unprogreesive as well as counter productive infact from the Basic root !!!

The few people who are at the centre of Affairs GOVERNMENT are those who can genuinely evolve an advanced new set of ''value System'' for an African !!!

See, An average African is just like Reuben Abati ..... If u understand what I mean ........ Unless such African should operate outside(Advanced nation) the shore of Africa , where the Value system doesn't promote mediocrity !!!

The root is the problem and until it is fixed ...... We will still be parambulating !!!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 11:44am On Aug 26, 2013
donroxy: U see, The problem is Opportunity which has thus led to ''Brain-Drain''!!!

The question is ;

how do we create Opportunity for African man to Excel ?

What is hindering an African man to progress ?

Does an African wants to progress or remain stagnant ?

Is African dude ready to explore his world ?

Does the Value system of Africa as well as the environment he operates enables progress ......

Brother, my own resolution is the ''Value System'' , The society, the environment is so poor and unprogreesive as well as counter productive infact from the Basic root !!!

The few people who are at the centre of Affairs GOVERNMENT are those who can genuinely evolve an advanced new set of ''value System'' for an African !!!

See, An average African is just like Reuben Abati ..... If u understand what I mean ........ Unless such African should operate outside(Advanced nation) the shore of Africa , where the Value system doesn't promote mediocrity !!!

The root is the problem and until it is fixed ...... We will still be parambulating !!!

We don't need to "create" opportunity, because opportunities abound with us.
What is opportunity? Opportunity is found where ever there people with with needs.

For example, there is hunger in Africa!
What is the solution to hunger?
FOOD!

How do we get food?

Some people will say, "we don't have food because we don't have money"
But we are saying that, that is half the truth.

There are two ways to get food:

1. We buy it
2. we grow it.

Now, everybody is interested in buying food, but no body is interested in growing food.

The 3 basic things in life are:

1. Food
2. Shelter
3. clothing.

If our brains are thinking of how to tackled these effectively, not in terms of buying but in terms producing them, then are on our way to progress and prosperity.

Why must we import rice? And we are busy crying there is no opportunity!

We have opportunities all around us, we only chose to close our eyes from seeing them.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
A nation that can not feed itself will always remain subservient to others.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
enigma_otr: A nation that can not feed itself will always remain subservient to others.

that is exactly the point we are raising.
And we are saying that if education cannot help us to improve on our food production, then something is wrong somewhere. So many people here took it out of contest.

We are pursuing "certificates" in place of some productive knowledge that will help us to develop our socio-economic system. It is a shame.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Arosa(m): 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
My brother, i have a B.Eng in electrical/electronics engineering. with focus on electronics by my training, i should be designing electronics devices. All i learnt was equations! many of us here cannot repair ordinary transistor radios let alone designing and producing.
@Op, I see where you coming from, the Nigerian University system should be reformed. I have never meet an electronics engineering student that can't repair a simple electronic device like radio. most of them here spend their free time building complex robotic designs. embarassed
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
Arosa:
@Op, I see where you coming from, the Nigerian University system should be reformed. I have never meet an electronics engineering student that can't repair a simple electronic device like radio. most of them here spend their free time building complex robotic designs. embarassed

It is not just the university education.
Something is fundamentally wrong with our understanding of what education really is.

While education should be the process of learning how to solve problems and improve on our way of life, the education we have right now, has nothing to with solving problems and challenges we face in our lives.

that is why Agricultural scientists, agricultural engineers, those who studied animal science, crop production, etc are all moving around with their certificates, looking for jobs that do not exist.

But we have the hunger challenge, yet the studies in agriculture cannot help us to improve in our food production.
And food production is the only solution to hunger. then what is the benefit of education?
Education must be geared toward creativity, productivity and problem solving.

this is the [b]African Education Model [/b]we are proposing.

You guys outside can assist us in this campaign
It is not only Nigeria but Africa in general.

You can send us mail: info2.arm@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Arosa(m): 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
^^^you are on point, I feel you.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 28, 2013
arm4u:

We don't need to "create" opportunity, because opportunities abound with us.
What is opportunity?

Opportunity is found where ever there people with with needs.

For example, there is hunger in Africa!
What is the solution to hunger?
FOOD!

How do we get food?

Some people will say, "we don't have food because we don't have money"
But we are saying that, that is half the truth.

There are two ways to get food:

1. We buy it
2. we grow it.

Now, everybody is interested in buying food, but no body is interested in growing food.

The 3 basic things in life are:

1. Food
2. Shelter
3. clothing.

If our brains are thinking of how to tackled these effectively, not in terms of buying but in terms producing them, then are on our way to progress and prosperity.

Why must we import rice? And we are busy crying there is no opportunity!

We have opportunities all around us, we only chose to close our eyes from seeing them.
Dude, U re absolutely funny .... and I think , the fault might not have all been Nigerian Educational system but Nigerian Laziness towards internal development !!!

Can you hear yourself bros, We don't need to ''create'' Opportunity simply because it is all around us ..... Just get up and tap it !!! Ahahahaha , AfricanChild, na wah !!!

The problem with an African-man is never the problem itself but the solution he always offer/proffer to the problem keeps compounding the already compounded problem !!!

Dude, see your answer to ur own question on food : we either ''Just plant it or Buy it ''

By planting food, what are u doing ........ In your own word ''Not creating Opportunity but planting food'' !!!

What was the value of ''Crude-Oil'' to an Ijaw before Oyinbo were here ,Urhobo/itshekiri can not even creat lantern that can make use of their Oil to lit talkless of Heavy Machines using Oil/petroleum across the globe .....!!!

If U failed to use your resources to create opportunities,then ,they are bound to just be there untapped !!!

Only God knows how many other crucial resources to humanity that were known by an African-man because, he has been urinating and pooing on it ...... But He lacks the knowhow to creat opportunity nor value through it !!!

Oh Mai God !!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement / Crowd At Eleme Ogoniland River State As They Stand Up For Biafra / We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.