Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:51 PM

What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? (20091 Views)

How Many Source Of Income Do You Have? / More Than 70 Percent Of Women In Nigeria Use Skin Whitening Creams..al Jazeera / 50 Percent Of Nigeria's Population Registered To Vote. Is This Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by festusfeezy(m): 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
[quote author=Airforce1]Only poor people saves[/quot

]]wrong only wise pple saves buh
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by zubbainno123: 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
GOD SAVES, I SPEND!!!

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by mascot87(m): 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hoping to save very soon. SHMG
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by roaringlamb01(m): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
2bosun: There's no point saving if you're in debt and the truth is that most people are in one form of debt or the other. Always better to pay off all debt before saving.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
25% of my salary plus my entire bonus wink
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by seangy4konji: 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
Thanks bro.I am going illegitimate and hopefully,will startt saving and if job comes along the way,will leave dat life and go legit again.
Manlado:

You can't be serious. 3 years after graduating? You need to lower your ego and start doing something.

A friend once in your shoes applied for a factory job after failing to secure his desired job. Then he got a banking job before securing an oil company job.

Learn a trade or something, am sure you will do things better that the less educated guys in fashion designing etc.

A man can't afford to a dependant for too long.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by deebsman1(m): 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
Manlado:

You can't be serious. 3 years after graduating? You need to lower your ego and start doing something.

Buttressing your point, not trying to lower ego is d problem of many young educated pple, fact is not everybody will work in the offix and working in d offix for long is anoda form of enslavement that needed to be avoid if u can.
For me, 1 shld not work as an employee than btw 5-10 yrs max to raise a reasonable capital to start being self-sufficient.
This reminds me of two stories I heard from 2 diff pple just yday about 2 diff guys. 1 laid-off from MTNN and his entitlement was just a year salary with high taste (u c say wahala don dey). D oda guy sacking them b4 sacking him, and from his savings has been able to have worthwhile investments among them, a palm-oil plantation of about 20 acres and a big poultry among others, plus having built 3 houses already.
So all shows that saving and investing d saving still remain d best.
As for me if u can, save as much as u can but it shld not b lesser than 10% of your monthly income.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nosyke: Wonderful topic,
*buys popcorn and fanta and grabs chair*

how much do u save, is d question
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
ighoosagie: not specific. I'd rather spend all 4 somethin dan save all 4 noting.

Life is short my dear
AMEN BRAH
IM A FAN OF UR SCHOOL OF THOUGHT
LIFE IS TO SHORT MAN
EVEN THE GOOD LORD SAID IN THE GOOD BOOK DONT WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW
4 TOMOTROW WILL TAKE CARE OF ITSELF
(& IT ALWAYS DOES)
CANT WAIT 4 THIS MONTH'S ALERT
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by pelusi: 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
All these ,i save this i save that,i hope people are telling us the truth.For example a family man of one hundred thousand naira monthly,no allowances and works in VI,and spends at least N400 to N500 daily on transport alone,caters for the family,manages to live in badore axxis of lekki,and pays a house rent of N300,000 for just a room and parlour annually.No medical allowance,housing,transport etc,all is just the one hundred thousand naira.Yet he atimes attends to his parents needs.My people lets be sincere,can this man even save anything?.Note annual accomodation is like removing or saving N25000-30,000.Transport is roughly N15,000.Breaking this further 30,000 + 15,000,you notice that this has come down to 55k monthly.Can 55k sort out atleast 90% of the above mentioned expenses considering living in lekki axxis.It is very difficult for this kind person to save.Alternatively,let somebody give me a break down on how such person can save,because i was suprised seeing people here mentioning they save 20%,30%,etc even 80 % of their salary.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by patrkq(m): 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
ukcars: i earn close to 110k monthly , i save 50k
percentage man.,! Percentage!!
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by dsaynt: 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
Quick question...the percentagE all of you are quoting,is it the percentage on your gross? Abeg when man collect take-home after paying Govt and tithe...the small one na expense dey chop am o!...Lol. on a serious note...What should be kept aside sould comprise of ready cash for emergency and the one you invest(make your money to work for you). Personally I am trying to work and stick to 10% cash savings and 20& for investment (total of 30%). E hard o but i'd get there.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by toorich: 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
Last year, i started paying Tithes of 10% on my monthly gross out of my little pay: i was promoted twice within a year in the same company without appraisal. today i am paid in foreign currency, i don't incur any expense cos all expenses paid by my company. in summary, i only pay 10% of my gross pay as tithe out of my income,the bulk is saved for any charity or investment i decide.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by dsaynt: 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
pelusi: All these ,i save this i save that,i hope people are telling us the truth.For example a family man of one hundred thousand naira monthly,no allowances and works in VI,and spends at least N400 to N500 daily on transport alone,caters for the family,manages to live in badore axxis of lekki,and pays a house rent of N300,000 for just a room and parlour annually.No medical allowance,housing,transport etc,all is just the one hundred thousand naira.Yet he atimes attends to his parents needs.My people lets be sincere,can this man even save anything?.Note annual accomodation is like removing or saving N25000-30,000.Transport is roughly N15,000.Breaking this further 30,000 + 15,000,you notice that this has come down to 55k monthly.Can 55k sort out atleast 90% of the above mentioned expenses considering living in lekki axxis.It is very difficult for this kind person to save.Alternatively,let somebody give me a break down on how such person can save,because i was suprised seeing people here mentioning they save 20%,30%,etc even 80 % of their salary.Thanks.

Honestly I agree with you. With amount mentioned it is hard to save. I only save cos i earn more than that. But as they say..pay yourself first. Cut down on any enjoyment. do family planning. encourage the wife to work too and contribute (my wife helps out on the little little expenses). all these and more can help....but bros this thing hard o!
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by manie(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
I invest about 50% of my income.

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Dranatomy: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ladies should save more
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by komek(m): 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
What is income? Whats savings? With the way things are going in this country, its always difficult to save. And why should i save? If money small , we go chop am for mouth, when it is big, we can appropriate it.

Everybody is saying , i save this , i save that. If you save 50% of ur salary and u use it to pay rent at the end of the yr, is that savings?

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by jajad: 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
SimonAndal:
I don't save anything, I give them all to my pastor as tithe. Because I am stûpîd.

hahahaha.

First, I save the 10% I refuse to pay as tithe. grin
After that, let say.... 50%
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by manie(m): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
oladiboy: I hardly safe money because my salary always has a negative sign- before month end. see you ;Dhow much i want save?

You may need to think of other things that can generate additional income for you, and remember to live below your means.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Tinkybabe(f): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
engineerd:

Not true....It depends on the risk factors associated with the investment [i'm talking stocks, bonds etc]
Saving accounts are usually insured 100%, so while your returns might be low from interests paid on savings accounts, the risk factor of loosing any of your money is almost NULL!

"Not always true" would have been a better argument .Invalidating my claim as altogether untrue makes you wrong too. And talking about risks, don't you think everything under the sun has its own risk..No one invests with the hope of losing their money, there's the possibility so it's calculated but the sole aim of investing is to get your money plus profit back .
Saving physical cash equally has its risks . Maybe not as much but isn't exactly risk free.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Emmy9ite(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
10% for long term. I invest a lot. my goal is financial freedom.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
ighoosagie: not specific. I'd rather spend all 4 somethin dan save all 4 noting.

Life is short my dear
roaringlamb01:

That may sound wise to you... But it really is stupid.
You can't live like dt. I can assume from your statement that you have no plans for the future.
Everyone MUST save..
wat do u no abt d future? Wat is d guarantee dat u'd get there,
If u work like elephant den eat like an elephant, it'd b silly 2 eat lik ant.

I av seen people worked hard n still suffered all their life,

I love 2 travel,
I love 2 look good,
I love 2 b updated with New gadgets
I love 2 do ...
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by pekelepekele(m): 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
I remember when i was still working for some companies but now am self employed thank God for that .

There is this company my uncle create just for the family members . The company must deduct 50k automatically from my monthly salary then. Oboi when the thing first start it was hell but it really helped me after sometime because it will all be paid back after 10months with 1% interest .

Saving is a good thing! but i really pity some people that their salaries are not even enough talk less of saving something out of it.

MY ADVISE TRY GOING INTO BUSINESS IF YOU ARE EARNING TOO LITTLE, there is nothing like being self employed
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by thegoodone: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
i save 30% and use 20% for investment.

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
trix!:
In your preparation for the raining day, do not forget to enjoy today's sunshine.
gbam,

Becos u'd get old 2morow u start trading 2day 4 it. Wat if 2morow coms n u re no more?. Metcheeeew
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by http(m): 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
save 99% live on OSA (out of state allowance) lol!
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nosyke(m): 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
ngozievergreen:

how much do u save, is d question

At the moment, I am saving between 65 % and 72 % monthly. Well, I am actually saving for a project which I need to complete by October. After that, I wil go back to 60%. Its not been funny sha but once i am done with the project, it will be worth it.
Before you ask, I am still very much single but not searching, dont drink, dont smoke nor womanise. grin grin grin

Continues sipping my fanta
grin grin
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by tellwisdom: 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
Save??...Very poor people...Someone said he saves 50k...Money not enuff for my perfume sad
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by tellwisdom: 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
ighoosagie:
wat do u no abt d future? Wat is d guarantee dat u'd get there,
If u work like elephant den eat like an elephant, it'd b silly 2 eat lik ant.

I av seen people worked hard n still suffered all their life,

I love 2 travel,
I love 2 look good,
I love 2 b updated with New gadgets
I love 2 do ...

cool cool
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Dempsy(m): 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
I save 100k monthly...sometimes more bt cant be lower than that...
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by samseen02(m): 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
30% planning to bring down a little
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by samseen02(m): 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
30% planning to bring it down a little

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traffic Offenders Arraigned At Mobile Court Launched By The LASG (pics) / 16 Facts About Nigeria Men / Dey Play, Idan, No Evidence, Other Popular Nigerian Slangs In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.