Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? (20129 Views)

How Many Source Of Income Do You Have? / More Than 70 Percent Of Women In Nigeria Use Skin Whitening Creams..al Jazeera / 50 Percent Of Nigeria's Population Registered To Vote. Is This Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by bluezeski(m): 11:07am On Sep 03, 2013
Most of the guys in this forum are lying their head off.!!! especially those who claim they are saving 40 - 60% OF THEIR INCOME and/or invest up to 30% .,Well it is possible that they are ravaged by the state of the nation. If anyone can save up yp 50% OF HIS/HER INCOME IN A COUNTRY THAT HAS AN FLAGGERING INFLATION RATE, HIGH COST OF LIVING, 20% increase in house rent yearly, 40% unemployment rate. low stock market return, low deposit interest rate, high LENDING rate etc etc... then, the person in question must be living in one room at Lagos area of 'self proclaimed city like ofada-mowe', treks to work, hunts his own meat and fish, cultivates his own cassava and rice, eats one meal a day (at home!!), does not have a car nor a wife nor children nor relatives, finds it a waste to travel even 2o kilometers outside where he is living, does not have a smart phone, does not have a cable TV., does not drink beer, nor buy for others, does not pay tithe at church, does not speak to his father nor mother, does not go to his village, and definitely does not pay tax!
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by dsaynt: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2013
bluezeski: Most of the guys in this forum are lying their head off.!!! especially those who claim they are saving 40 - 60% OF THEIR INCOME and/or invest up to 30% .,Well it is possible that they are ravaged by the state of the nation. If anyone can save up yp 50% OF HIS/HER INCOME IN A COUNTRY THAT HAS AN FLAGGERING INFLATION RATE, HIGH COST OF LIVING, 20% increase in house rent yearly, 40% unemployment rate. low stock market return, low deposit interest rate, high LENDING rate etc etc... then, the person in question must be living in one room at Lagos area of 'self proclaimed city like ofada-mowe', treks to work, hunts his own meat and fish, cultivates his own cassava and rice, eats one meal a day (at home!!), does not have a car nor a wife nor children nor relatives, finds it a waste to travel even 2o kilometers outside where he is living, does not have a smart phone, does not have a cable TV., does not drink beer, nor buy for others, does not pay tithe at church, does not speak to his father nor mother, does not go to his village, and definitely does not pay tax!

Hahahaha! in one word...GBAM! Bros na true you talk....60%/70% savings indeed
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by carpenter(m): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
bluezeski: Most of the guys in this forum are lying their head off.!!! especially those who claim they are saving 40 - 60% OF THEIR INCOME and/or invest up to 30% .,Well it is possible that they are ravaged by the state of the nation. If anyone can save up yp 50% OF HIS/HER INCOME IN A COUNTRY THAT HAS AN FLAGGERING INFLATION RATE, HIGH COST OF LIVING, 20% increase in house rent yearly, 40% unemployment rate. low stock market return, low deposit interest rate, high LENDING rate etc etc... then, the person in question must be living in one room at Lagos area of 'self proclaimed city like ofada-mowe', treks to work, hunts his own meat and fish, cultivates his own cassava and rice, eats one meal a day (at home!!), does not have a car nor a wife nor children nor relatives, finds it a waste to travel even 2o kilometers outside where he is living, does not have a smart phone, does not have a cable TV., does not drink beer, nor buy for others, does not pay tithe at church, does not speak to his father nor mother, does not go to his village, and definitely does not pay tax!

I do not see any reason why people would lie about this, maybe a few to add some spice to the topic but certainly not "most". I save 100% of what I make and there is a reason for it. I pay no tax, do not contribute to Pension, food is free and have no family of my own. I however still spend money on a monthly basis but these are proceeds from investments I made previously that are now yielding benefits. Most people just like I have done will consider their salary as "Income" nothing more and that is where it ends. To add proceeds from other investments, inheritance and all will only complicate issues. 25% of your salary after deductions is what we should all aim for...in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by eledacedar(f): 11:48pm On Jun 03, 2015
seangy4konji:
Thanks bro.I am going illegitimate and hopefully,will startt saving and if job comes along the way,will leave dat life and go legit again.

Hmmm.... I see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? / Chinese Doctors Bowing Down To A 11 Year Old Boy Who Donated His Organs / My Bitter Exprience With Nipost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.