Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

LINA MEDINA, The Youngest Mother Ever - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LINA MEDINA, The Youngest Mother Ever (46109 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Youngest Mother Ever Is 5 Years Old / Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LINA MEDINA, The Youngest Mother Ever by Abiyamo: 5:35am On Aug 20, 2013
INTRODUCTION

HOW SHE BECAME PREGNANT

BUT HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

THE PREGNANCY AND THE DELIVERY

THE BABY

GROWING UP TOGETHER

WHERE IS LINA MEDINA TODAY?

WORLD’S YOUNGEST MOTHERS (AND GRANDMOTHER)

REFERENCES

INTRODUCTION

Obstetrics is one specialty in medicine that is best described as a perfect potpourri of the very good, the freaking bad and downright ugly. Although the birth of a child is one of the most amazing events in nature, it is also one that can come with a lot of mystery, wonders and riveting controversy. Today, is taking a very close look at a very peculiar .

Till date, her case is still a point of study for obstetricians and gynaecologists across the globe as the youngest mother ever in medical history. Her name is Lina Medina and if not for one tragic event that happened to her at the tender age of 5 years and seven months and 21 days, you'd never have read of her as you are doing right now. Yes, she became pregnant. Who give am belle? Wetin com shele to the pregnancy? Where is she today? Follow me, and I don't mean on Twitter (but if you want, you fit roll with me @ Abiyamo1 wink.

HOW SHE BECAME PREGNANT

It was in the year 1939 and the entire world was treated to the story of the most sensational birth ever recorded. It was of a 5-year-old mestizo girl from a tiny Peruvian village perched at 7,400 feet in the mountainous Huancavelica Region, the nation's poorest province, who had just become the mother of a bouncing baby boy. This is a girl that was herself born on the 23rd of September, 1933 according to records kept with her doctor, Gerardo Lozado, some other records say 27th September. It was, and still remains a very peculiar case. Lina is the eighth of the nine Medina children and as peasants, grew up in poverty with a capital P. In the squalor of the village, her parents (Tiburelo Medina was a silversmith and Victoria Losea) were suddenly gripped by fear and anxiety when their little girl started experiencing bouts of nausea. Lina would lose appetite and biere biere, her abdomen started to swell. Of course, none of the parents thought of pregnancy, not even in their wildest imaginations.

Terrified like every other parent, the guard at the police post of the nearby village of Ticrapo advised the Medinas to take her to the hospital at Pisco, near the coast, for proper medical examination and attention. And they did. But on getting to the hospital, the director, a young Gerardo Lozada made startling discoveries: the girl's mammary glands were fully developed. At first, he was even thinking of a tumourous growth but he changed his mind when he saw the mammary glands of the tiny tot. He did his findings and declared her seven months pregnant! It was just incredible.

At that point, Lina's mother then informed the doctor that their little daughter has actually been menstruating on a regular basis right from when she was just eight months. By the age of four, she had fully-developed mammary glands. The poor, religious folks that the parents were, Dr. Lozada said the parents took the pregnancy of their child as 'an act of Providence' (reminds me of some people from one West African nation like that...lol!) You will not believe that one of the reasons why Lina's parents broke off from Dr. Lozada totally was when he told them that the conception was totally natural and nothing divine or miraculous about it. Peru, like other nations in Latin America, is predominantly Roman Catholic and the Virgin Mary is very much venerated especially relating to the issue of the Immaculate Conception (some of the other villagers even though her baby was the son of Inti, the Incan sun god). I really don't have to say much here but you can understand how the hopes of Lina's father were dashed by Dr. Lozada's strict scientific point of view. The parents thought the pregnancy was divine, that it was a miracle. But he let them know that what showed up in Ibadan was just a baby octopus and not any beached Yemoja. And what was supposed to be a sign from the seventh layer of Heaven suddenly turned to a sore sex scandal.

In an instant, the shock waves of the news travelled all over the South American nation known more for the Machu Picchu and llamas rather than underaged mothers. Lima, the capital city was agog with the news. Journalists scrambled to get her pictures, which they splashed on their covers. She was eventually driven to Lima, the capital, where she was blessed by a priest on May 14 (celebrated as Mother's Day) and then wheeled into the operating theatre. But how exactly did she become pregnant? Who was responsible?

At first, all fingers pointed in the direction of her father. The poor man swore by heaven and earth that he would never do such a thing. To worsen matters, there was no evidence of incest and the little girl would just say nothing when she was quizzed as to who put her in the family line. What did she even know sef? Poor little one. Some records indicate that she was raped but by who? That remains an unsolved puzzle. Apart from the father, who vehemently denied the allegation and later released, another major suspect is her deranged step-brother. Lina herself says she cannot remember much of the incident as she was just too young, and is not even willing to say anything revealing, even till now.

BUT HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

Well, although is it not possible for a normal five-year-old to take in because her reproductive organs have not yet developed to support a pregnancy, it becomes very feasible under the combination of certain circumstances and factors. There is a condition called precocious puberty and just as the name implies, it is a condition in which a girl reaches puberty a dramatically early age. Mammary glands develop, ovaries become fully functional and menses is as in a fully-grown woman. It is an endocrine disorder and has to do with an imbalance in the production of bodily hormones. Some doctors state that Lina was suffering from Mc-Cune-Albright syndrome which manifests itself as precocious puberty in the female.

READ ALL FROM SOURCE AND SEE MORE PICTURES: http://www..com/lina-medina/

By the way, you can also read the story of the world's oldest mother here: http://www..com/the-oldest-mother-in-the-world/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LINA MEDINA, The Youngest Mother Ever by Merkki(f): 7:13am On Aug 20, 2013
Uhm...this knocked me speechless! Five years old, pregnancy, menstruation, divine touch, etc. How did she carry the baby to term? Very mysterious, i tell ya.

1 Like

Re: LINA MEDINA, The Youngest Mother Ever by 2map(m): 9:19am On Aug 20, 2013
The second coming of Jesus i guess. Btw how the hell was that possible, just five years?
Re: LINA MEDINA, The Youngest Mother Ever by oxygen47: 9:52am On Aug 20, 2013
D family of the girl know who d father is
Dats all
Re: LINA MEDINA, The Youngest Mother Ever by Origin(f): 12:40am On Feb 06, 2017
Lalalalaalallalalallalalllala.

Ummmm the youngest mother in the world is a christian. Impregnated by christian.

I tot they said the Muslims like them young.

And now its divine. SICK.
Re: LINA MEDINA, The Youngest Mother Ever by Nobody: 7:02am On May 31, 2019
People always told me be careful of what you do And dont go around breaking young girls' hearts And mother always told me be careful of who you love And be careful of what you do cause the lie becomes the truth. sad

(1) (Reply)

Pregnancy And Alcohol consumption / I Look Older Than My Age And It Is Really Affecting My Self Esteem / Doctors Hit Lagos Streets To Protest Mass Sack (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.