Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month (18978 Views)

Charge Your Phone By Shouting At It / Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Phablet And Note 10.1 By Samsung / Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 & 3 10.1 By Samsung (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by MCKULQ(m): 11:11am On Aug 20, 2013

Samsung Electronics Co. will introduce a wristwatch-like device named the Galaxy Gear next month that can make phone calls, surf the Web and handle e-mails, according to two people familiar with the matter.The Galaxy Gear will be powered by Google Inc. (GOOG)’s Android operating system and go on sale this year to beat a potentially competing product from Apple Inc. (AAPL), the people said. The device will be unveiled Sept. 4, two days before the IFA consumer electronics show begins in Berlin, one of the people said, asking not to be identified because the plans are private.

Asia’s biggest technology company is racing other electronics makers, including Sony Corp. , to create a new industry of wearable devices as the market for top-end handsets nears saturation. The global watch industry will generate more than $60 billion in sales this year, and the first companies to sell devices that multitask could lock customers into their platform, boosting sales of smartphones, tablets and TVs.

“It will carve a niche for sure as this is an initial product in the market,” said Chung Chang Won, an analyst at Nomura Holdings Inc. in Seoul. “Wearable devices could be one of the trends in the smartphone market, but I’m not sure yet whether watches or glasses will set the trend.”

The Galaxy Gear being released next month won’t have a flexible display, though the company is continuing to work on developing a bendable screen, one person said. It will be unveiled the same day as Samsung’s Galaxy Note 3, a combination smartphone and tablet computer.

Apple had a team of about 100 designers working on watch-like device, two people familiar with the matter said in February. The Cupertino, California-based company is seeking to introduce its device this year, one of the people familiar said at the time.Samsung became the world’s largest smartphone maker last year, overtaking Apple.

The Suwon, South Korea-based company had about 33 percent of the global smartphone market in the second quarter, while the iPhone maker fell to a three-year low as more consumers chose inexpensive handsets from Chinese makers, according to researcher Strategy Analytics.Samsung posted second-quarter earnings July 26 that missed analyst estimates as sales growth for the flagship Galaxy S4 was curbed by slowing demand for high-end handsets.

http://businessdayonline.com/2013/08/samsung-to-introduce-watch-like-phone-next-month-2/

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Crystalline(f): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
Wow! Tekinologi

1 Like

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
whats the need?

1 Like

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Fazhy: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hmmmmmmm.

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Okijajuju: 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
But OP, What you have up there in the Picture is the I'm Watch not the Galaxy Gear..

Now Niggas would be like this everywhere

[img]http://media.joe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Michael-Knight.jpg[/img]

13 Likes

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
Thanks for the info undecided
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
You wear this one enter molue the rest is history undecided

5 Likes

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Big4wig(m): 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
na until ASUU call off strike i go begin dey comment

*plugs in headphone*I DONT CARE,I DONT CARE,BABY I DONT CARE (Wizboy ft Flavour)

5 Likes

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by moscobabs(m): 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
I have samsung camera that has Galaxy gear.TECNO too will soon do Shoe that has Android

5 Likes

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by YoshiMaster: 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
All Watch-Phones are DOA!
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by tspun(m): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
ona try but i no like am.
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Imeyo(m): 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ship it into the shores of Nigeria. We got freaks in Nigeria waiting for it.ma grandma self wil want it i bet.
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Lilprincey(m): 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
samsung is on a hit dis days...but don't dare to you dis watch were area boys are around if u don't want to be termed 'PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED'

3 Likes

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by ifeomabernard(f): 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
It looks cool buh i wont use one of dat grin
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Frankey369(m): 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
Whats the fucking needWhats the fucking needWhats the fucking need
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by AbdulAdam56(m): 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
It looks childish.

3 Likes

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by capip120(m): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
D thing no too make sense to me.
Oops just passing
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Okijajuju: 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
All Watch-Phones are DOA!

I sort of agree with you..

They should just make it strictly for Alerts, SMS and other notifications, but not for answering calls.
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by pbling: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
9ja na fools,rush enta maket go buy,gals don c maga again ooooo
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Peterkleva(m): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
I strong wella so una no go fit kill me wit dis una tekinoloji cool
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by BabaAlabi: 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
Imagine a wrist watch that can make and receive calls,send text messages,be used as an alarm and calendar,record voice notes and private messages, used to unlock car/house doors....People asking what's the need should learn how to imagine.

1 Like

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by SLIDiE(m): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
kids got a new toy!

imagine dangotte donning that ish!!
for fuckin what?

like i said, kids on block's got a new oppressing gear. more foolish puccie to fucck!
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by adtiezy1(m): 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
f u c k................boys still they gather monwy buy galaxy s4...which one be dis again

2 Likes

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Blessmira: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
Imagine! cheesy
D long awaited fone is abt 2 arive. In fact i wll do away wt all ma wrist watches. Na only Samsung Gear i go dey wear.
I hop dt of necklace n pendant wil follow suit. cheesy
Nice 1 sha!cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by 3ace(m): 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
Very innovative.
spongeback: You wear this one enter molue the rest is history undecided
Na for make boys dey carry uti dey chop off hands anyhow.
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Rubbish

.there are watch phones with Android OS already all around the market

Abeg make Sammy go sleep

1 Like

Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by rodeo0070(m): 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
THE FUTURE IS NOW...
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Blazinraj01(f): 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
BabaAlabi: Imagine a wrist watch that can make and receive calls,send text messages,be used as an alarm and calendar,record voice notes and private messages, used to unlock car/house doors....People asking what's the need should learn how to imagine.
Its a good Imagination but also Imagine someone's hand being 'chopped off to steal the phone.
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by Blazinraj01(f): 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
BabaAlabi: Imagine a wrist watch that can make and receive calls,send text messages,be used as an alarm and calendar,record voice notes and private messages, used to unlock car/house doors....People asking what's the need should learn how to imagine.
Its a good Imagination but also Imagine someone's hand being 'chopped off to steal the gadget.
Re: 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month by superstarjay(m): 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
Rubbish watch! will it tell me when Jesus will come...abeg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oppo A31: Specifications And Features / Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders / How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.