Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) (35853 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Chuka Umunna Declares Intention To Run For Labour Leadership In UK / Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by jovichi: 10:37am On Aug 21, 2013
Abegi!
These aren't peculiar to abia state. Even Lagos State still has such roads. If u doubt, take a trip round Alimosho LGA & in particular Ayobo.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by chilee33yahoo: 10:37am On Aug 21, 2013
there are places worst than those areas you took pictures of. Please, help us ask the Thief After Orji to do something.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by oloyedayo(m): 10:37am On Aug 21, 2013
Questions need to be asked from our leaders that is important. This can be found in all parts of our country, including the fct.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Burger01(m): 10:37am On Aug 21, 2013
Na wa o.. No be made in Abia Versace shirt be that?.. KAI, Ogechuckwu!!

angry

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by collynzo2(m): 10:37am On Aug 21, 2013
londoner: OP....everyone already knows that aba is dirty and need serious gutting.

Such places are all over Nigeria.
I can categorically state that Aba is the dirtiest place in Nigeria and I've toured the country.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by deletrue: 10:40am On Aug 21, 2013
take dat: Even though I admire your desire of unraveling the ineptitude of our political leadership, but areas such as those in the pictures are almost everywhere in the country. It does not mean those places are worse than what obtains in many parts of the country.
You are damn wrong. No normal man will ever doubt those pictures. We know that governor is among the likes of Udeaghan of delta but there are improvements in delta now. That man is simply a devil. Na God go go for him one day.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by gentlechyke(m): 10:41am On Aug 21, 2013
i comment my reserve>as i earlier said in the other post, she said it all and has now shown it all.This is constructive criticism for my governor to rethink and make necessary corrections where it needs to be made.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by collynzo2(m): 10:42am On Aug 21, 2013
I cannot spend one night in Aba, my skin crawls driving past there alone. The dirtiest place in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by stronger9: 10:43am On Aug 21, 2013
I live in Aba. T. A. Orji is the the worst thing to happen to abia state since the creation of the state. the man is not even fit to act as a councillor. What we have in abia state is photocracy, govt by photographs. The man would display some photographs of some prototype houses and claim that those are the dividends of democracy. He spends a substantial part of abia money and pays ait, Silverbird and channels TV stations to orchestrate his imagined achievements. His only interest is in collecting revenues from the people. He is a monumental failure, the worst ever. Pls do not condemn the OP, the pictures are true and is a microcosm of the macrocosm of the state of aba, and may God bless her.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by davades(m): 10:43am On Aug 21, 2013
Adelaide2:
Afam:

I can see the glee with which she posts her selective photos. There are great places in Aba but Mr Yoruba would only show the bad ones. Please send this thread to tribalism or delete it. Otherwise, I am in Lagos now and I will go round to snap and upload the worst places there, including those floating villages. wink wink wink wink wink
i know u'll be in Lagos...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by gentlechyke(m): 10:45am On Aug 21, 2013
As a commercial nerve center, Aba should be a very developed and well planned city to attract foreign investors...come to think about it the revenue gotten from there is not fully utilized due to bad governorship..jst saying
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Afam4eva(m): 10:49am On Aug 21, 2013
okpara ugo:

When last did you goto Aba The pictures are real. Am a witness...
I never said they were not real. Read my post again.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by drmikeadams(m): 10:52am On Aug 21, 2013
good work..pls post more pix..it needs 2 be published in the national dailies...
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by davades(m): 10:54am On Aug 21, 2013
Adelaide2:
Afam:

I can see the glee with which she posts her selective photos. There are great places in Aba but Mr Yoruba would only show the bad ones. Please send this thread to tribalism or delete it. Otherwise, I am in Lagos now and I will go round to snap and upload the worst places there, including those floating villages. wink wink wink wink wink
i know say na Lagos u go dey...as u can see the Op went there bcuz her sister is marrying an Igbo man...after make they shout say Yoruba girls re dirty. I have one igbo guy dat says na yoruba girl he go marry. Wise up
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 21, 2013
Aba is a cosmopolitan area that the state government with it meagre resources cannot conveniently solve it urban renewal problems.

Evacuating the waste alone in that city will deplete all of Abia state federal budget allocation not to mention provision and rehabilitation of existing social/economic infrastructures.

Federal Government should take over the running/ rehabilitations of some urban areas like Aba, onitsha, nnewi, and several others that are not state capitals since most state governments only concentrate on developing their state capitals.

If the yearly budget of Rivers state alone is more than the entire budget of the 5 eastern state put together, tell me how a state like Anambra with 3 urban centres as Nnewi, Awka and Onitsha can sustain the maintenance of infrastructure while 70 percent of Rivers budget is centred in port Harcourt alone and any of the highlighted city from Anambra can compete with port Harcourt infrastructure and development wise.

The federal government should create an intervention fund for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of these urban areas or better still, take into cognisance the economic importance of this urban areas and increase the federal allocation to the host states.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by swintiney: 11:02am On Aug 21, 2013
The current state of Aba will surprise any body, the leadership of
the state for whatever reasons may have vowed not to develop the
town. This is not the first time this city is coming out in this forum,
i have traveled that road before, and i challenge any Nairalander to do
same let's hear him or her out if the comment would be favorable...
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by nduchucks: 11:04am On Aug 21, 2013
The federal government and in fact state governments should not be responsible for maintaining local roads such as those in OP's photographs. Construction and maintenance of those roads should be performed by local governments in saner societies. But alas, the governors do not support local government autonomy, while the federal government prefers to keep power in the center.

Lets hope our "leaders" in the NASS have the balls to take corrective actions. I do not plan to not hold my breathe until they do.

@Afam4ever, the OP seems to have touched your soft spot. What exactly are you accusing the OP of doing when you are not privy to his real intentions? Why not give him the benefit of the doubt?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by dammytosh: 11:07am On Aug 21, 2013
I hope the epileptic Governor do something about the eye sores.

Meanwhile, there are worse places than this in Lagos, bring out a camera and area touts will pounce on you.

ACN practices, Government of the media, by the media , for the media.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by FreeGlobe(f): 11:07am On Aug 21, 2013
The OP I believe is one of the detribalized yorubas on nairaland. I have no problem with her posting these pictures, I believe its not borne out of malicious intent unlike fellow yorubas on nairaland. I will however advise maintain her privacy outside nairaland as the Abia State govt will not take this likely.lol. I just have a problem with the malicious intent of the nairaland mods who took this to the hompage. Such threads as Fashola is a dictator - PDP, Aregbesola declares public holidays for traditional worshippers and others have not been accorded the same treatement.
However, the south east governors are all rogues and its high time we started voting credible and ambitous people to hold offices in the south east. We should set the example. People like Peter Obi, Theordore orji, Martins Elechi have no business with governance.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by stexsy(m): 11:09am On Aug 21, 2013
Those r typical Nigerian roads, although d OP was opportune to take pictures of aba rds, roads in other states r not beta either, except akwa ibom n some few states.....
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 21, 2013
Now let's treat dis issue logically, d op has a motive 4 posting only bad pix here, he can't swear dat he didn't see good places also, I went 2 aba last month, in as much as thr are bad places ( wch is common 2 all nigerian cities) there are stil good places in aba, am in uyo nw, if u want, I wil snap pix of bad places in uyo and post here, am serving in ph, choba road leading 2 rumuokoro is nothing different frm dis road, I leave in lagos, I cannot come and post d bad ago palace road here, if u really kw aba b4 nw @ op, u wil kw thngs hv changed an extent, I repeat u cnt swear dat u didn't see a lot of good roads in aba also.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Lordave: 11:21am On Aug 21, 2013
I like what the op did.

But there could be better pictures to describe the uselessness of T.A Orji.
Op, you posted pictures of Ehere, Ogbor Hill, Ukpakiri, etc. I can tell you that those places are somehow villages/ outskirts of Aba.
You would have gotten a sincere view of Aba if you had been to Danfodio, Etche, School, Clifford, Ehi, Cameroon, Tenant, Market, Azikiwe, Jubille, Pound, Hospital, Park roads and York street, etc.

I like what you did op.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by networkrecharg: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2013
Let her be. Every nigerian know dat gov. TA orji is not worthy of a 10-man leadership. He is just an OLD MAN with chain smoking son.
Dats spends Govt fund like inheritance.

Afam4eva: It's obvious the OP had an agenda when she brought out her cameras to take pictures. of course these pics are mostly like those of Aba but you can't travel to Aba and tell me that these are the best pictures you could take.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by eagleeye2: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2013
Ngwakwe: The truth of the matter is that the Op is sincere and I have to appreciate her desire to expose such injustice going on in Abia State by the present civilian Presidents and Abia State Governors.

As a matter of fact the Op missed my indigenous compound near one of her snap shots. However, let it be on record the the Op neglected those magnificent buildings and wonderful landscapes we have in those places.

That road in view is a federal road which was constantly reconstructed and greatly maintained by all the military heads of State only to be neglected by the civilian rulers.

The goodnews is that Godswill Akpabio has awarded the contract to Julius Begger to turn it to a multi lane highway from Ikot-Ekpene to Aba Factory Road junction. The Road in more important to Akwa-ibom State than Abia as it serves as the best route to Uyo. It takes me only 45 minutes to reach Uyo while Umuahia/Owerri takes about 50 minutes to 1 hour.

The unfortunate story is that the said road would have been in the finishing stage had Abia State Governor agreed on the bargain with Akwa Ibom State since two years ago.

This is the only truthful and honest post so far.. That the Op is from another tribe does not diminish the fact that some roads in Abia State need serious rehabilitation, reconstruction and other REs........
I just passed through that side this morning and the particular spot the op snapped (after Ehere going to Ikot Ekpene) is no longer motorable. You have to pass through One road like that off opobo...
That I am Igbo will not make me to see 'black' and say it is 'white'.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by nneh1(f): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2013
giftnwala: the worst of it all, is dat this igbo pple will kip criticizing ameachi, fashola nd even rochas (the only south-east governor that is performing) instead of criticizing der dumb governors that are not performing.
there is nothing to criticize. Every body living in aba knows we don't have a governor and we have accepted our fate. The only governor that we throw pure water at.the only governor the state mourned while he is still alive.abia has no governor for now.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Lordave: 11:25am On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe: The OP I believe is one of the detribalized yorubas on nairaland. I have no problem with her posting these pictures, I believe its not borne out of malicious intent unlike fellow yorubas on nairaland. I will however advise maintain her privacy outside nairaland as the Abia State govt will not take this likely.lol. I just have a problem with the malicious intent of the nairaland mods who took this to the hompage. Such threads as Fashola is a dictator - PDP, Aregbesola declares public holidays for traditional worshippers and others have not been accorded the same treatement.
However, the south east governors are all rogues and its high time we started voting credible and ambitous people to hold offices in the south east. We should set the example. People like Peter Obi, Theordore orji, Martins Elechi have no business with governance.
you shouldn't be attacking her. T.A Orji should be lynched. Lets condemn what is bad
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Neye1973: 11:26am On Aug 21, 2013
Can we please stop fighting each other and fix our country. This is bad,and bad has no other name,its bad.wether you are ibo,Yoruba and Hausa.we are the same.what binds us together is greater. I schooled I the UK and my best of friends are Hausa and igbos. I am from ogun state and I will say at anytime that we had one of the worst gov in gbenga Daniel. This is bad. Abia government should sit up.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by eagleeye2: 11:27am On Aug 21, 2013
z
customized13: Now let's treat dis issue logically, d op has a motive 4 posting only bad pix here, he can't swear dat he didn't see good places also, I went 2 aba last month, in as much as thr are bad places ( wch is common 2 all nigerian cities) there are stil good places in aba, am in uyo nw, if u want, I wil snap pix of bad places in uyo and post here, am serving in ph, choba road leading 2 rumuokoro is nothing different frm dis road, I leave in lagos, I cannot come and post d bad ago palace road here, if u really kw aba b4 nw @ op, u wil kw thngs hv changed an extent, I repeat u cnt swear dat u didn't see a lot of good roads in aba also.
What good places? The places built by Individuals or by govt.
Someone once came to this forum and posted pictures of PZ junction as evidence that T.A. is working.
Is The filling station at PZ built by TA.?
Is the Crest Hotel built by TA?
Is Eko Bank built by TA?
Abeg, let's shun all these OP has a motive and say the truth for once.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by stexsy(m): 11:28am On Aug 21, 2013
customized13: Now let's treat dis issue logically, d op has a motive 4 posting only bad pix here, he can't swear dat he didn't see good places also, I went 2 aba last month, in as much as thr are bad places ( wch is common 2 all nigerian cities) there are stil good places in aba, am in uyo nw, if u want, I wil snap pix of bad places in uyo and post here, am serving in ph, choba road leading 2 rumuokoro is nothing different frm dis road, I leave in lagos, I cannot come and post d bad ago palace road here, if u really kw aba b4 nw @ op, u wil kw thngs hv changed an extent, I repeat u cnt swear dat u didn't see a lot of good roads in aba also.
life is a choice, d OP decided to show d bad side of aba, y kill her, go n snap ur own n show us..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by chidinwachukwu(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2013
This is an Area in Rumuosi Road,Ozooba,Port Harcourt were I pass on daily basis,although Amaechi tryed building roads but this area has been neglected.the OP tryed in taken the pics so that our leaders can try and do something let's stop politicizing what will help developing ous states.

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Makapounse(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2013
Every state of Nigeria has this kind of inaccessible roads , even Abuja and Lagos have.

So NO POINT
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by nneh1(f): 11:31am On Aug 21, 2013
there is no good road in aba. I was born and brought up there.any good road iis being developed by the people living there not the govt like new heaven,omenazu,hospital road,world bank road and ekelana which is where the rich live.you will hate aba during rainy season.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Departs Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport For Daura (Video) / UK Pulls Down IPOB Asylum Policy, To Review It / Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.