Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo (16176 Views)

See The Incredible Water Bridge In Magdeburg In Germany / Braking news:Robot kills man at Volkswagen plant in Germany / Girl With No Eyes Or Nose To Have Reconstructive Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by MCKULQ(m): 10:02am On Aug 21, 2013
The following are images from Germany of a liver surgery, one of the first surgeries of its kind in the country with the support of a tablet computer to access and visualize planning data. The tablet uses augmented reality, which allows the liver to be filmed with an iPad and overlaid during an operation with virtual 3D models reconstructed from the real organ.

Developed by Fraunhofer MEVIS in Bremen, this procedure helps locate critical structures such as tumors and vessels and is expected to improve the quality of transferring pre operational resection plans into actual surgery.

A piece of a tumorous liver, which was removed during surgery supported by a tablet computer to access and visualize planning data, lies next to a pair of scissors, at the Asklepios Hospital Hamburg-Barmbek August 15, 2013. The tablet computer uses augmented reality, which allows the liver to be filmed with an iPad and overlaid during an operation with virtual 3D models reconstructed from the real organ. Developed by Fraunhofer MEVIS in Bremen, this procedure helps locate critical structures such as tumors and vessels and is expected to improve the quality of transferring pre-operational resection plans into actual surgery.

http://news.yahoo.com/lightbox/first-liver-surgery-with-tablet-computer-in-germany-slideshow/first-liver-surgery-with-tablet-computer-in-germany-photo-1377012369330.html

Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Saraben(f): 10:07am On Aug 21, 2013
hmmm

1 Like

Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by telim: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
space booked for advert and enquiries visit www.nscdc.. Hey wait! have forgotten the url of our website. Let me confirm from my oga at the top for the appropriate url. Before i will comment.
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Shaadey: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
Kul
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by blayz0923: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
na wa oh

1 Like

Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ndiocha and their weird ways which dey tag "technology".... undecided
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Kassidy90(m): 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
Jst like microscope I think
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by amiskurie(m): 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
wouldnt that be cool over u?
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by MEKKYbob(m): 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ok...fair enuf
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
S
araben:

hmmm

BE WHO U WANT TO BE AND LIVE

1 Like

Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
Reminds me of TERRA NOVA..!TECHNOLOGY.HMM

1 Like

Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by unyimecc(f): 12:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nigerian Doctors ♈̷̴̩‎☺ΰ guys ve a long way to go

1 Like

Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Dagoma: 12:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
I'm not really convinced, cause we are not even through with the old fashion of trial by error.

1 Like

Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by fckyourman: 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2013
How does it affect ASSU Strike
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Anuoluwap(m): 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2013
Talking about firsts.
IS THIS THE LATEST TREND IN FASHION/TECHNOLOGY?
www.nairaland.com/1404370/latest-inventions-nubrella-funny-looking-hands-free#17568721
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Burger01(m): 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
Need to get me a Tecno N9 tablet asap.. grin
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by kevoh(m): 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
MCKULQ: Developed by Fraunhofer MEVIS in Bremen, this procedure helps locate critical structures such as tumors and vessels and is expected to improve the quality of transferring pre-operational resection plans into actual surgery.

All I can say is wow! They never relent in inventing things that will improve life! Thumbs up to the Germans!

1 Like

Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by shynbritly: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2013
Deris hope dat in d next
50yrs nigerian Drs wud also be doing same. Tank God.
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by jjwaterfalls(f): 12:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
grin grin ;DThis is a good one.....I think its high time technology helps us find solution to diseases that have long overstayed with the human race. grin
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Mekus68: 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
Omo see as these people dey tear human body lyk say na chicken all in the name of operation. So this was how mine was done when I underwent hynea surgery. Nawa o
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
Lord knows I can NEVER EVER be a surgeon. Lai Lai shocked.
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by coolestboy(m): 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
Endtime tinz
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by kennyonthrone(m): 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
Wen it comes medicinal equipment nd technology i gv it 2 Germany.....d're absolutely d'best.oh! Germany my dream country when shal thou c'u ?
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
While our colleagues are pioneering new technology to solve man's problems, we still dey flock churches and babalawo joints to solve ours.

While their women are being trained as Astronaut to be sent to Space, we sometimes accuse ours of being witches..

Which way 9ja? The sooner we do away with myths, trivialities, tribalism and stupiddity, the better.

5 Likes

Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ewwww see blaaaad. Anyway that's a high tech surgery there. Very soon hollywood fiction will start becoming reality.
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by dridowu: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
I thank God for my head
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by obi123: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
Mekus68: Omo see as these people dey tear human body lyk say na chicken all in the name of operation. So this was how mine was done when I underwent hynea surgery. Nawa o

oga i beg na Hernia not Hynea
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2013
Na who get that belle?
Last Bullet:
Science is good.
Re: First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2013
unyimecc: Nigerian Doctors ♈̷̴̩‎☺ΰ guys ve a long way to go
You mean to say Nigeria, cos, you have Nigerian Doctors all over the world, the restriction you are trying to emphasize has nothing to do with the Doctors, but with the system and its not just the health sector, so stop hating

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Local Prototype Of Track Type Excavator Made and Remotely(wired)Controlled. / Researchers Shut Down AI That Invented Its Own Language / Convert Your Megabytes Into Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.