Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site (26060 Views)

Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas / Osun To Create 27 Local Governments - Aregbesola / I’m Not God, But I Don’t See How Aregbesola Can Win – Tunde Odanye, Pdp Chieft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by Motolank: 6:06am On Aug 22, 2013
shocked kiss
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by ba7man(m): 6:22am On Aug 22, 2013
Honestly, pictures would have been better on this thread.

Also, it the new roads don't have neat sidewalks, I'm not impressed.

We need to raise our standards to get what we truely deserve.
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by usmolad(m): 7:08am On Aug 22, 2013
ba7man: Honestly, pictures would have been better on this thread.

pictures! What do you want to do with it, if you want to know the reality just come and have a tour of osun state. Aregbesola is truly working, osun state is moving. You don't need to be impress, once we living in osun state are impress with the latest development

1 Like

Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by tundey29: 7:23am On Aug 22, 2013
Omo ewu i see you in 3D
Brimmie: [size=20]Those PD-Pig Morafuckers Dumped Ma Hommie "Peter Babalola" After Usin His Hard Earned Money To Campaign For That Black Facktard "Oyinlola"!! They Promised To Giv Him The Slot After Oyin's Tenure.. Buh Ma Hommie Got A Clue Dat "The Higher Killer" a.k.a "Omisore" Is Gon' Be The Flag Bearer After Oyin's Tenure!!

Ma Hommie Jumped On The Winning Side ACN Now.. "APC" a.k.a "Barca"!!

Now Ma Hommie Is The Reason Why Ma Town Is Among The 6 Towns To Enjoy The Urban-Renewal Project!!

Osun A Dara Oooo!!
**drops mic**
[/size]
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by Babosa: 7:27am On Aug 22, 2013
I agree that all the APC govs are doing well. However Govts in Nigeria tend to equate road construction and rehabilitation with development. Real progress is in improving education, health and security.
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by mapet: 7:53am On Aug 22, 2013
My brother,

1. Your wrong there
2. Road Construction and Rehabilitation is one of the global benchmark of development in a place.
3. Road construction and rehabilition has a symbiotic link with accessibility, commerce, government spendings in provision of labour, jobs and means of livelihood and urban development.
4. How do business access customers without roads. How do education, health and security access the beneficiaries without roads as one of the fundamental links

Babosa: I agree that all the APC govs are doing well. However Govts in Nigeria tend to equate road construction and rehabilitation with development. Real progress is in improving education, health and security.
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by mapet: 8:06am On Aug 22, 2013
My family visited Osun state twice last year. My wife is still upset with me that I did not fulfil my promise to write an article on what we saw in the newspapers.

My cousins had benefited "contract-wise" from Oyinlola's government, and when Aregbesola came in, there were vociferous in condeming him with all the flimsy excuses in the world......"That Aregbesola does not spend money", "that he's giving contracts to Lagos-based Osun indegens", "that he's taking after Lagos" etc.....

When we went home last year, the had to agree that he has done well. In fact, My wife and I had to solicit there support in finding out information on the proposed Ultra-modern market he's about to build or building in the old secretatriat and how we can get a shop.......nutshell We are investing back home.

Aregbesola impressed me a lot, not with the projects he's doing alone, but the strategic and methodic approach he's taking. I was in transit from Kogi, passing thru Ekiti to Osun early last year. when We got to Ilesha, I could not but observe a strong presence at addressing drainages. Drainages lining major roads in Ilesha to Osogbo. I was made to understand that flooding was bane previous Administrations had overlooked and impacting on the state. Before all these Road constructions started, flooding had been arrested. Check the stats before and now. Osun state had no record of flooding in the last 2 years.

Secondly Aregbesola is demystifying the notions of my brothers in Osun, that Osun is a civil servants state. He is bringing commerce to Osun and very soon another commercial hub will spring up. I make bold to say that apart from my parents house, I will build my house in Osun next year, buy a shop in the ultra-modern market and have our business presence in my state.

One thing I observed in the major roads in Osun is the cleanliness. The OYES are put to good use. we can criticize that they are useing cutlasses and brooms (which will soon change) etc, but the summary result is that wastes are off the streets, flower planted to beautify the roads and the over 2.5million trees will make the state very beautiful in 2-3years.

3 Likes

Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by mayorall(m): 8:07am On Aug 22, 2013
Now on the street to take the pictures.
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by akinladejo: 8:13am On Aug 22, 2013
Somebody should pls tell my state governor dr mimiko these news.Dr, I doubt if u ve anything to offer in terms of road constuction and developmental project.even d one u are trying to do after awarding it to ur party man but failed and refused to do it in ur first term but this second coming u awarded it to one chinchon construction coy called RCC a fake RCC coy. Let this be made known to u that when u finish this second tenure if u enter Ondo town we will stone u. Go to Lagos,ogun,ekiti,osun and oyo state and see what their governors are doing. You are draging S/W behind cos of your lacadasical altitude and lack of vision. Remove that papa Awo cap from ur head cos u lack his vision for d yoruba.
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by emmasege: 8:19am On Aug 22, 2013
On the other hand, i see a man who wants to create a false impression that he' s a performer by demolishing several houses and structures with a promise of urban renewal. I would have had no problem with his demolition projects if he took them one after the other. We are talking about a man who has demolished several structures in Osogbo and eight other towns/cities in the state. Why can't he take the construction one after the other, complete 2 or 3 roads first, then go to another. He could have borrowed a clue from Amosun of Ogun or Ajimobi of Oyo the way they do their own. One step at a time is a sign of progress and not 10 steps at a time. I also need to state that some of these projects are needless for now considering the amount of resources at Osun's disposal. Osun and Ekiti are the poorest states in Yorubaland, so why further impoverish the state. Some towns do not need dual roads for now, but smoothening and widening of the existing ones. In that way, a lot of folks that are being rendered homeless and jobless can still keep their houses and shops.
I see ogbeni as a good starter but a poor finisher. What happened to his "opon imo"?, has every Senior secondary school student in Osun state got the PC as promised?, and what about the demolished school buildings?, have they all being re-built.
Take it or leave it, ogbeni has got nothing to offer the state other than demolishing and "constructing". It doesn't matter whether workers or pensioners get their salaries/pensions as at when due. I speak as an indigene and resident of Osun state.
Osun, e ronu o!
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by MrAboki: 8:34am On Aug 22, 2013
clip:
If you do not respect elders at least respect the servant of God. For many years,he led a good name and representation of his state and God. Who in the Nigeria do not know Obadare. He was "blind" to flesh,can see more than you. No amount of money is too big to bury him.
Adieu Papa!

So you write all this and I'm supposed to do what with it?!

What was wrong with my question?! Please stop being overly sentimental and face reality..
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by fasho01(m): 8:47am On Aug 22, 2013
I am proud of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola. He is indeed delivering on his promises.

I understand the need for pictures but I can catergoically say that these sayings are facts.

Good work my able Governor..
Osun a dara oo
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by Gbawe: 9:04am On Aug 22, 2013
Seempliehuman:
it is gud for you if you're satisfied with the nddc roads of if there are any roads at all.We love our roads,put pictures of yours online and celebrate them if our joy bothers you.
The only reason why ACN wont win national elections is because nigeria is ethnically fragmented and its your loss

You have hit the nail on the head. Ultimately, I would advise all stakeholders and forward-thinking Nigerians to ignore these hateful elements. They are not stakeholders and not benevolent Nigerians either. They will most likely never use the roads under discussion here.

Sensible posters must avoid these 'junk' posters lest all SW infrastructural development threads be bogged down in idiocy. The pattern is the same on NL. I.e positive thread is started about the SW. Stakeholders themselves are happy with what is revealed about the efforts of their elected administrators.

These appreciative stakeholders offer positive on-the-ground testimony as seen here. Predictably, the bad belle crew arrive. They will usually not be from the SW and thus not stakeholders. Yet they show a distinct penchant for contributing only negative and disparaging comment 100% of the time. They are the only sort arrogant enough to disregard the sensitivity and numerous testimony of stakeholders and direct end-users to be making noise and mischievous demands as if anyone owes them anything.

Overall, exciting times for Osun and the SW in general. A lot for stakeholders and their well-wishers to be happy about and discuss productively. Sensible people should be able to come here and constructively discuss the dividends now accruing to people who made the right political choices. Don't entertain distractions that always predictably comes from the same set of hateful and anti-SW people who are not stakeholders and whose previous posts amply reveals what they are. Stakeholder, enjoying the benefit of what is being delivered, have nothing to prove to hateful non-stakeholders. Such people only deserve to be ignored however much they crave your attention.

To show you what these haters are and to expose their mission, go to the thread below. How many of those asking for pictures here showed their face there? Shown pictures of the massive construction going on in Ogun State, how many of these "concerned" folks did you see appear on the thread to commend Amosun or wish the SW well? None is the answer. Not even a single one of them. Had the thread below had no pictures, they would have made the same silly and childish demand we all now know they do not make out of love or consideration for the SW.

https://www.nairaland.com/1378086/pictures-massive-construction-work-ogun
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by titilayo02: 9:22am On Aug 22, 2013
Pataki: Governor Aregbesola is not just another noise making politician.

He is a man of his word indeed. How many of the so-called PDP politicians stick to their campaign promises?

I am indeed glad that these APC governors are indeed bringing developments to the full realization across their several states.
Am glad people are gradually knowing the truth about our noise making politicians,development without carrying people along means nothing,so many peoples property has been destroy without compensation,shame to ogbeni.
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by Gbawe: 9:25am On Aug 22, 2013
ba7man: Honestly, pictures would have been better on this thread.

fasho01: I am proud of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola. He is indeed delivering on his promises.

I understand the need for pictures but I can catergoically say that these sayings are facts.

Good work my able Governor..
Osun a dara oo

You guys should stop allowing yourselves to be badgered into a position because of the utterances of proven haters of the SW and mischief-makers. Do you guys not check past posts of those always making picture demands even when a multitude of stakeholders have testified to stated ongoing projects? This is getting too much now as it is currently impossible to discuss anything progressive about the SW without these obsessed elements, usually with zero connection with SW State and the region, showing up with their petty antics.

If there is no picture with the article, what does it matter? What have we seen in this thread if not that many stakeholders have come here to confirm what the article states. Where in the world (USA, UK or even Ghana) do you guys see articles detailing infrastructural development being accompanied by pictures as a matter of importance or reporting protocol? Pictures may be available or they may not be. That is never a central issue for nations with a sensible, sophisticated and united adult population.

Yet we have again bastardized something simple in Nigeria because of ethnic enmity, Party bias and general disunity of purpose. I travel west Africa regularly. You read about projects of Governments that are ongoing. Whether it is Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Togo or Ghana, issues are never centrally about pictures because government is not compelled to take pictures for anyone. They simply must provide infrastructure and give details of such. We all have cameras on our phone now. Doubting Thomases, who never defer to the testimony of stakeholders, should take the pictures they want to see or ask someone to do such for them for the sake of education. Ultimately, they can visit Osun if they are so keen to disrespect the testimony of so many folks in live in the State and those who have passed through. The last thing any sensible person wants to do is begin entertaining the distraction of these pests whose past post reveal totally what they are.
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by TruthFM(m): 9:31am On Aug 22, 2013
Big Kudos to Ogbeni Rauf. I am from Osun State and its not news that this guy is working. I do telecomm work so i get to move around. Recently i had the priviledge to pass through various suburbs in Osun state and i was asking myself where is this guy getting money to do all this project. My prayer is they will allow this guy to do like 20 yrs in government. And for all those PDP thieves. God is watching you...
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by Gbawe: 9:32am On Aug 22, 2013
usmolad: pictures! What do you want to do with it, if you want to know the reality just come and have a tour of osun state. Aregbesola is truly working, osun state is moving. You don't need to be impress, once we living in osun state are impress with the latest development

Fantastic response and the sort I like to see because it confirms that some people understand what matters. I.e issues are entirely about stakeholders not mischief-makers making silly demands. If the stakeholders are seeing development they are happy with, then who cares about the opinions of doubting Thomases who do this on every single positive thread about the SW yet are not from the region?

Coupled with their nuisance ways is the fact that they never show the slightest interest in discussing their own States and region. Again, I present the link below detailing , with pictures, the massive infrastructural development being seen in Ogun State. Does anyone see a single one of these mischief-makers on the thread below? Go figure.

Abeg, stakeholders and their well-wishers should learn to discuss with positive people on these sort of threads because failure to do so leads to them being derailed my mischief-makers. In so far as anyone can contribute opinions, the only way to keep a thread educational and informative is to avoid mischief-makers who show up for one thing and one thing alone.

https://www.nairaland.com/1378086/pictures-massive-construction-work-ogun
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 22, 2013
t-something:

I opened this thread to see pictures of "massive construction " and being that this is Eko Ile home state , but to put it frankly, I am totally disappointed! In 2013, what kind of State Government construct such roads like this one you uploaded and still proudly uses the word "massive construction"? Even the "substandard" NDDC roads in the south-south , is still better than these works you pasted here . And to think that the governor is an engineer even shows how sad the situation is!

Please my south west brothers, stop celebrating mediocrity! Travel to other states and see what "massive construction" looks like , yet they are carried out quietly . You can visit Cross River and Akwa Ibom states to see what roads should look like in 2013.

This is the reason why PDP will keep on winning general elections, while APC wins internet polls.

*laughs and walks out of thread *
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 22, 2013
You r a big fool for comparrng Osun with oil producing states....are u an illiterate?
t-something:

I opened this thread to see pictures of "massive construction " and being that this is Eko Ile home state , but to put it frankly, I am totally disappointed! In 2013, what kind of State Government construct such roads like this one you uploaded and still proudly uses the word "massive construction"? Even the "substandard" NDDC roads in the south-south , is still better than these works you pasted here . And to think that the governor is an engineer even shows how sad the situation is!

Please my south west brothers, stop celebrating mediocrity! Travel to other states and see what "massive construction" looks like , yet they are carried out quietly . You can visit Cross River and Akwa Ibom states to see what roads should look like in 2013.

This is the reason why PDP will keep on winning general elections, while APC wins internet polls.

*laughs and walks out of thread *
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by maybanks: 9:35am On Aug 22, 2013
Youngtekkey: the guy is the best thing that has ever happened to osun state if i am chanced i will upload pictures but one thing i want u all to have in mind is that all this is true if anybody live in osun state then such individual will know that this isn't a lie
thats true bro
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 22, 2013
The only thing that baffles me is where he is getting d money...d same money one old big fool told us isnt available in 2007;2008,2009,2010......
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by ilaugh1: 9:42am On Aug 22, 2013
who started this thread again? Let me check. LOL. Not surprised. This is why PDP will keep wining while APC will keep whining on the internet.

This man doled out 30m Naira of state money for a burial, if it had been a PDP governor, I wonder what they would have said.
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by Youngtekkey(m): 10:30am On Aug 22, 2013
i_laugh: who started this thread again? Let me check. LOL. Not surprised. This is why PDP will keep wining while APC will keep whining on the internet.

This man doled out 30m Naira of state money for a burial, if it had been a PDP governor, I wonder what they would have said.
u are an animal talking of the predegree of the person who died u won't expect less from a reasonable and responsible governor,do u know what the man has contributed to state,u better don't provoke the anger of the lord almighty coz the man is an anointed man of God Why I Am Even Talking To U When I Know U Don't Have An ELDER In Ur Family
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by ilaugh1: 10:33am On Aug 22, 2013
Youngtekkey: u are an animal talking of the predegree of the person who died u won't expect less from a reasonable and responsible governor,do u know what the man has contributed to state,u better don't provoke the anger of the lord almighty coz the man is an anointed man of God Why I Am Even Talking To U When I Know U Don't Have An ELDER In Ur Family

What do I expect? Replies like this monkey's. I expect more. I am sure if a PDP governor had done this, you would have opened your mouth to spew balderdash like a goat you are.
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by thekoko007: 10:43am On Aug 22, 2013
Apc.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....most of the roads in the pictures have been existing before ogbeni became the governor of osun state.
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by mayorall(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2013
Pictures in my local government.

Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by mayorall(m): 10:47am On Aug 22, 2013
Continuation.

Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by maybanks: 10:53am On Aug 22, 2013
mayorall: Continuation.
thanks man
Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by mayorall(m): 11:01am On Aug 22, 2013
A primary school in aiyetoro. Still on.

Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by mayorall(m): 11:06am On Aug 22, 2013
Old garage

Re: How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site by TruthFM(m): 11:08am On Aug 22, 2013
thekoko007: Apc.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....most of the roads in the pictures have been existing before ogbeni became the governor of osun state.

No rauf will just rehabilitate road where they dont exist. who is this guy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno, Recover Weapons (Photos) / Soku And Kula Oil: Wike And Dickson In Cold War / Adamu Garba Apologizes To Nigerian Youths After Pulling Down APC Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.