Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 (2919 Views)

Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. / Vincent Enyeama Named Africa's Best Player So Far / 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by ofurufu(m): 5:50pm On Jun 08, 2008
FORMATION 4-4-2

Keeper
Mandanda (France, Congo),

Defence
Miguel (Portugal, Cape Verde), Djourou (Switzerland, Ivory Coast), Boulahrouz (Holland, Morocco), Evra (France, Senegal),

Midfield
Nasri-New Zidane (France, Algeria), Vieira (France, Senegal), Makelele (France, Congo), Nani (Portugal, Cape Verde),

Forward
Benzema (France, Algeria), Larsson (Sweden, Cape Verde)

The team can stand any team fron Europe of Africa

No Nigerian though!!!
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by Raimond(m): 6:57pm On Jun 08, 2008
Really impressive,never knew this much though, Thanks!! smiley
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by SamMilla1(m): 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2008
Maybe we should give them one name and let
them compete as independent team in Euro 2008
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by folahann(m): 12:02am On Jun 09, 2008
There ae more and more Africans in that group ;Makelele,Govou,Djorrou
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by ofurufu(m): 10:48am On Jun 09, 2008
Bench:
Sidney Govou (France, Benin)
Lassanna Diarra (France, Mali)
Bafetimbi Gomis (France, Senegal)
Jose Bosingwa (Portugal, Congo)
Gelson Fernandes (Switzerland, Cape Verde)
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by Geezle(m): 8:33am On Jun 10, 2008
Where is Nani (Portugal, Cape Verde)?

Anyway, @ Nabe,

I think the guy came across Nairaland from Guinea?somewhere in Africa, U know we dont speak English well.

Direct him to Great Osewa, I'm sure he's seen the post already,

@ Great Osewa, Do u think there should be a place for beginners/new comers to Nairaland? OR HELP
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by ow11(m): 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2008
you forgot ODONKOR,AFELLAY and SHABAAN
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by blkmum700: 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2008
@poster
which Larsson Are You talking About?the Two Larsson in sweden team are not from africa,so where do you get Your Larsson?
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by ofurufu(m): 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2008
blkmum700:

@poster
which Larsson Are You talking About?the Two Larsson in sweden team are not from africa,so where do you get Your Larsson?

Henrik Larsson is from Cape Verde, go and do research!!!
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by blkmum700: 3:21am On Jun 19, 2008
okay Mr research!!!!!!!!!,
lets see what wikipedia says about larsson,

Edward Henrik Larsson, MBE [IPA: 'hɛnrɪk 'lɑːʂɔn] (born September 20, 1971 in Helsingborg, Scania) is a Swedish footballer, best known for winning four titles in seven years with Celtic. He subsequently had a two-year spell at Barcelona, where he won two titles and the Champions League. After his contract had expired at Barcelona, Larsson returned to his home town club of Helsingborgs IF, and joined Manchester United on a brief loan spell between January and March 2007.

Prior to his retirement from international football in 2006, Larsson had won 93 caps for Sweden, scoring 36 goals. On 13 May 2008, it was announced that Larsson would once again play for Sweden at the Euro 2008 championships in Austria and Switzerland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrik_Larsson

i need the link of your research,reasearcher!!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by Razorr(f): 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2008
Lovely concept!!

I absolutely love it!

I'm g'onna convert this format into a report and air it on any one of the Euro2008 highlight shows on STV(Silverbird TV), sometime between tomorrow and next week. I'd keep you posted on the time.

Thanks!
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by galatico(m): 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2008
FORMATION 4-4-2

Keeper

Defence
Miguel (Portugal, Cape Verde), Djourou (Switzerland, Ivory Coast), Boulahrouz (Holland, Morocco), Evra (France, Senegal),

Midfield
Nasri-New Zidane (France, Algeria), Vieira (France, Senegal), Makelele (France, Congo), Nani (Portugal, Cape Verde),

Forward

No Nigerian though!!!

Most of the players you mentioned are not even Africans Larsson, Nani and some others might be black but not necessarily mran they are Africans,
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by ofurufu(m): 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2008
blkmum700:

okay Mr research!!!!!!!!!,
lets see what wikipedia says about larsson,

Edward Henrik Larsson, MBE [IPA: 'hɛnrɪk 'lɑːʂɔn] (born September 20, 1971 in Helsingborg, Scania) is a Swedish footballer, best known for winning four titles in seven years with Celtic. He subsequently had a two-year spell at Barcelona, where he won two titles and the Champions League. After his contract had expired at Barcelona, Larsson returned to his home town club of Helsingborgs IF, and joined Manchester United on a brief loan spell between January and March 2007.

Prior to his retirement from international football in 2006, Larsson had won 93 caps for Sweden, scoring 36 goals. On 13 May 2008, it was announced that Larsson would once again play for Sweden at the Euro 2008 championships in Austria and Switzerland.

i need the link of your research,reasearcher!!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay

Happily, the link you posted is my own source too. Read down to PERSONAL LIFE sub-title and you will see this:
Personal life
"Henrik's father is from the Cape Verde Islands, off the coast of West Africa, and his mother is Swedish. In 1996 he married his childhood sweetheart, Magdalena. They have two children, Jordan (born 1997) and Janelle (born 2002).

Henrik still occasionally returns to Scotland to visit his long-time conditioning coach Dr Paul Bryson"

Nani is even more Cape-verdean, unlike Larsson,he was born in Cape Verde:

"About Nani:
Nani, whose full name is actually Luis Carlos Almedia Da Cunha has recently been in the news for his high profile move to top-flight English side Manchester United. Born in Cape Verde on 17th November 1986 Nani has become widely regarded as one of the most exciting youth prospects in recent years.

Although born in Cape Verde Nani migrated to Portugal with his family and grew up in Lisbon. His natural ability for football was apparent and quickly recognised and he was signed by Sporting Clube de Portugal."

http://worldsoccer.about.com/od/soccerprofiles/p/nani.htm
galatico:

FORMATION 4-4-2

Keeper

Defence

Midfield

Forward

No Nigerian though!!!

Most of the players you mentioned are not even Africans Larsson, Nani and some others might be black but not necessarily mran they are Africans,

Mr. Man, I dont talk but with facts. Point out the one that is not african or has no African origin and I will bring my proof to the contrary. Infact, BBC recognises this EURO AFRICA 11 selection and posted it on their website. Do you know more than BBC Sports?

C'mon, stop armschair criticism!!!
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2008
Quite interesting.
We learn everyday. I never knew this much about Henrik Larrson, but the other players mentioned all have african roots no doubt.
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by davidif: 7:03am On Jun 22, 2008
jose Bosingwa (Cape Verde)
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by pcicero(m): 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2008
Learn from the one that knows grin
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by Mustay(m): 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2008
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by manu4laif: 10:45am On Jun 23, 2008
@ofurufu,blkmum700 & wormy,

I like the relatively simple insult-free manner you appear to have resolved this larsson paternity ?  grin stuff . Wish the sports thread can be like this a bit more often. Thumbs up  cool

WAN UNITED cool
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by manu4laif: 10:51am On Jun 23, 2008
My bad not wormy but MUSTAY!!.
Howdy bro. Greetings from the Champions of Europe . What saieth  grin thou? cool

WAN UNITED cool
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by Mustay(m): 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2008
thiefs of europe grin grin wink
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by kingdavid1(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2008
FORMATION
4-4-2

GK. AKINFEEV (RUSSIA)

DEF PUYOL (SPAIN), SERGIO RAMOS(SPAIN), PHILLIP LAHM (GERMANY), ZHEKOV (RUSSIA)

MID XAVI (SPAIN), SENNA(SPAIN), ARSHAVIN (RUSSIA), BALLACK (GERMANY)

FWD DAVID VILLA (SPAIN), Roman PAVLYUCHENKO (RUSSIA)
Re: Africa Best 11 In Euro 2008 by ofurufu(m): 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2008
kingdavid1:

FORMATION
4-4-2

GK. AKINFEEV (RUSSIA)

DEF PUYOL (SPAIN), SERGIO RAMOS(SPAIN), PHILLIP LAHM (GERMANY), ZHEKOV (RUSSIA)

MID XAVI (SPAIN), SENNA(SPAIN), ARSHAVIN (RUSSIA), BALLACK (GERMANY)

FWD DAVID VILLA (SPAIN), Roman PAVLYUCHENKO (RUSSIA)

Did you know the subject of this thread at all? We are talking about Africa's best 11, not Euro team of the tournament.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria 3-0 Togo (FT)... Full Commentary. / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Manchester City Vs Crystal Palace 5-0 Highlights & Goals / My 2023 Betting Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.