Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister (8318 Views)

Ogun To Commission 40 Projects For The Commemoration Of Her 40th Anniversary / Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by zenith7(m): 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
Abuja – The Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, said on Wednesday that seven power plants and 150 new sub-stations built across the country were ready for inauguration.
This is in furtherance of the establishment of 10 power plants across the country in the National Integrated Power Plants (NIPP) project.
Nebo said this in Abuja when he briefed State House correspondents on the outcome of the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan.
The minister also announced that the council approved 10.2 million dollars for the procurement of six units of 40MVA 132/33KV Mobile Substations (with spare parts and accessories) to boost electricity supply across the country.
He said an additional N247.3 million was approved for the clearing of the equipment at the port, its transportation and Value Added Tax (VAT).
He said the mobile sub-stations would be used to ensure the continuity of supply of electricity to consumers nationwide during major works at existing substations.
“The reason for the mobile substations is to make sure that whenever we have these repairs on some of these substations thatare in the state of disrepair or that need to be entirely changed, we have mobile stations that will stand there that will give respite to electricity consumers located where this major repairs are going to take place.
‘’So, these mobile substations will act as a reprieve.
“They are also to provide emergency relief where major power disruption occurred, sometimes as a result of disasters occasioned by weather and ultimately they are like spare parts, you can redeploy them whenever the need arises to boost electricity supply.’’
The minister said that 138 direct and 1,380 indirect jobs would be created at the six substations expected to be completed in eightmonths.
On Wednesday’s deadline for the payment of the remaining 75 per cent of the offer value of bids by the preferred bidders for PHCN successor companies, Nebo expressed the hope that the bidders would meet the deadline as many of them had responded positively as at Tuesday.
‘‘As many of you already are aware, today is the last day for thepayment of the 75 percent of the remaining amount of the money owned by the preferred bidders of the GENCOs (Generating Companies) and DISCOs (Distribution Companies) that have been privatized.
‘’And I’m very happy to announce to you that we are getting very positive results that many of theseGENCOs and DISCOs are living up to expectations.’’
He said government had no plan to extend the deadline as the company that came second in the bidding process “are waiting desperately to pay’’. (NAN)
Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/fg-to-commission-7-power-plants-150-sub-stations-says-minister/

5 Likes

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by ShobayoEmma(m): 12:54am On Aug 22, 2013
God dey
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 22, 2013
i still have a dream that a time will come when i will get married my children will never know the word UP NEPA. just like how they will never know there was a thing called NITEL.

24 Likes

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by hunter21(m): 1:43am On Aug 22, 2013
what is the combined power output of this new plants?

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by awodman: 7:16am On Aug 22, 2013
Good news...I hope the transmission grid has also been expanded to cope with the injection of additional Megawatts

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Amanwulu1(m): 7:59am On Aug 22, 2013
oje na nwayo adighi emeru ahu. Slow and steady we'll get there.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by MrAboki: 10:41am On Aug 22, 2013
We dey Observe...

Meanwhile.. Chukwudi, Abeg go check wetin off that iPassMyNeighbour generator.. angry

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by TUNEX89(m): 10:42am On Aug 22, 2013
All na wash !
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 22, 2013
story story.
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by diresimdi(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2013
Good! all these developements are taking place under GEJ. lets give him more tym come 2015 for complete transformation of Naija.
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 22, 2013
Building and commissioning power plants, doesn't mean it will be used for its intended purpose, undecided
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by francis4real(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2013
Fresh Air ~~~ GEJ till -2019
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Meringe(m): 10:50am On Aug 22, 2013
Till I see light in my house, then, I go believe you guys. Am used to all these talks.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 22, 2013
is that why NEPA has been giving us 2hs power since
sSunday
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Lawalemi(m): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2013
Nigeria power problem has become enigma...only God can resolve it

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by ba7man(m): 11:03am On Aug 22, 2013
Hmmmm....I seriously hope G.E.J sucessfully pulls this off.....
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 22, 2013
Meringe: Till I see light in my house, then, I go believe you guys. Am used to all these talks.
You can say that again
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nonybb: 11:08am On Aug 22, 2013
FG to built. FG to commission. FG to sign. We are still waiting patiently to see results of anything

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by cashkid18(m): 11:08am On Aug 22, 2013
As usual,it wil al end up on d pages of d newspaper!!!smh
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by gentlegg(m): 11:10am On Aug 22, 2013
Prof Sir, no be today we see grammar for media, since 1986. As am typing this now we don't even have light, and since this week we hardly have light up to 5hrs a day.

Since 1986, government have been working tirelessly for this.

11 Likes

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by princemolak(m): 11:10am On Aug 22, 2013
wev bin hearn news lik dis since obj regime,what we want is constant electricity

?...
Want to Learn how To Make Money online?check www.onlinemoneydon.com
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by awodman: 11:10am On Aug 22, 2013
cashkid18: As usual,it wil al end up on d pages of d newspaper!!!smh
Don't worry I will create the thread when GEJ officialy commissions these plants..its a promise

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by PStacks(m): 11:16am On Aug 22, 2013
FG is always Commissioning or signing one Power deal or the other but it has never translated to Electricity in my house..

Just continue.. One day would be one day sha..

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by anthoniosp(m): 11:18am On Aug 22, 2013
okay
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by 1025: 11:18am On Aug 22, 2013
jonathan can simply tell us that he has failed on the power sector so let him concentrate on boko boys and ASUU strike.
the only realistic thing this govt has done in the power sector is the steady increment in the tariff. other things are promises upon promises. how many power plants did obasanjo commissioned under his tenure and how did that change the power supply situation? you keep making noises here and there with nothing tangible to show for it. how long now did u say u have shared sorry sold the phcn and how is any nigerian feeling the intended benefits of this cruel action?
you are not tired of these senseless talks and u have lost all the shame in you that u keep talking about a situation from the day u took over power and declared emergency in the power section.
look at ur govt where corruption has perfectly been legalised that no single individual is in jail in a country full of corruption and corrupt persons. no wonder foreign countries now jail our politicians.
look at an ordinary local govt chairman caught with US$82,000 cash in usa. did that idiot not carry that money cash and left nigeria which is a cashless society?
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 22, 2013
Till the day i see at least 15 hours uninterrupted light in my house, all na wash! angry
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by dericardos88: 11:23am On Aug 22, 2013
Same story
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by PECO4KING(m): 11:28am On Aug 22, 2013
When Election is coming up,It is then you remember ASUU,power supply, road and you will know politicians are friendly with the poor after a year they are elected. They don't care. Simply logic of most politicians.
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by ojofu(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2013
hope this will bring light to my area because for the past two weeks I have not seen a blink of light in my area.
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 22, 2013
Talk is cheap!

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by victorv12(m): 11:31am On Aug 22, 2013
They should stop deceiving us with their ignorance, bloody lies and deceit. We should all ask a question...how much is the total output of these power stations can generate? Do Nigerians even know that we have spent over 5 Billion US Dollars to get this energy issue resolved? A reasonable country will never privatize the energy sector of his country rather than to encourage private investors to build their own power stations and connect it to the national grid. The people that manages the affairs of our country are not good thinkers. They're bunch of parasites and leeches that milks the system. Nigerians should prepare for the worst regarding this energy issue. Nigeria a country of rogues and touts in power!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Ochek: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2013
Seriously? I am dear tired of hearing such a news. Today is FG commissions 7 power plants, tomorow would be: FG to build 4 more power plants. Damn this news! All I ask for Are results. Results to prove FG is actually on the power plant issues rather than shadow projects yeilding no fruits.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In / Pictures of People's Trust Olawepo Hashim's visit to Arewa Conservative Forum / Isa Idris: Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Will End By March 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.