Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,724 members, 7,802,185 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

>> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << (1642 Views)

Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / Paying Tithes Or Giving To The Needy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

>> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by bizmahn: 3:59am On Aug 22, 2013
The subject of tithes is heavily debated with each sides providing strong points for or against it.But the truth is that most honest pastors are innocently ignorant of the possibility that tithes have been abolished because there are still many scriptures both in the new & old testament that seem to suggest its still in full force and secondly the magnitude & multitudes of mega testimonies of unimaginable rewards & benefits many tithing members have recieved at one time or the other .One of the strongest points against it aside from the biblical claims of oppositions against it is that pastors loot the same tithe money of the members which point I will also address.I don't really believe tithes are still relevant today but I pay tithes all the same because:- --
1.) I'm fully persuaded that even if it be true that tithes have been done away with there's nothing good an individual knowingly or unknowingly gives to God with pure intent & a godly life that he'll not be rewarded for.Luke 6:38 --
2.)to advance the gospel:Churches like all non profit organisations are heavily cumbered with great financial needs to cather for large congregations,worldwide branches & missions.You don't need to be a pastor to know the gospel is very expensive.A single church fellowship meeting comprising all its worldwide branches gathering in their different locations or even a single crusade costs millions & most churches hold up to 2 to 3 meetings a week aside from workers meetings,night vigils & house fellowships etc. --
3.)Its obvious to me that if churches were to rely alone on the meagre "kobo & penny" offerings of members the church spread & thereby gospel spread can't be achieved.My view.
So if you believe in tithe,do it as unto God with joy & if you don't believe in tithe give your offering to God in view of the needs of the gospel....
More below....

3 Likes

Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by bizmahn: 4:01am On Aug 22, 2013
Of course The anti-tithe crusaders can as well condemn offerings cos they all serve the same purpose in a church & they both risk ending up in the pastors pockets.What about the "very few" zealous & God loving members that give offering worth more than tithe & the rare few that sell all they have & offered all.That means we should condemn them too & also condemn the church in acts 4:34-37, since they sold & gave all without fearing the pastors will "pocket" the whole lot.
--
The point is that every believer ought to pray & know the right place to worship.A place it is proved that the pastors officially don't touch tithes or offerings or are faithul with it e.g the deeper life church & few others whose G.O & non full time pastors are said to never get a dime of church pay.If then in the course of time the believer discovers his pastors loot tithe & offerings or they are being mismanaged he can stop paying tithes in that church or change his church.
Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by bizmahn: 4:02am On Aug 22, 2013
So every war against tithes is same as a war against offerings & is the same as a war to pull down the gospel completely.There is no way mega millions of people worlwide can come to know christ today without God working through the agency of churches.Call it church or congregation,ministry,fellowship,christian gathering or whatever else,they mean the same thing & they are the BIBLICAL ORDINATION OF GOD to spread the gospel,heal the sick,deliver the oppressed,minister to the needy & hurting etc Acts 20:28,1cor.1:2,1tim.3:15.
--
So if pastors are doing it right or not is not the topic here.Pastors will give account of their stewardship on the last day.We cannot agree the entire humanity should be immediately destroyed at once because majority are evil same way we can't suggest all churches should cease to exist because many pastors are unfaithful.

1 Like

Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by bizmahn: 4:03am On Aug 22, 2013
We can't also talk about church flaws without considering their gains & efforts.In the book Revelations Jesus commended their efforts before condemning their flaws.Many faithful modern day churches have made great strides that benefit multitudes.That churches don't sound the trumpet & advertise their assistance to the mass of its members even with limited resources doesn't mean all of them are doing nothing.Whether through the GOSPEL or HEALINGS or FINANCIAL HELP to the needy etc millions have been helped but just as the govt. of any nation even with oil,taxes & mineral resources yet lack the resources to cater for all the masses,much worse is the church that only relies on tithe & offerings to cather for worldwide branches almost as large as a country for some churches.
--
So the criticism against churches & tithes are necessary to correct their flaws & mismanagement but should be balanced & devoid of intent to tag all pastors evil or to pull down all churches & cause them to cease to exist else we are deliberately taking sides with the devil.

1 Like

Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by Goshen360(m): 4:21am On Aug 22, 2013
You have raised so many issues and points. I will contribute later.
Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by truthislight: 7:41am On Aug 22, 2013
Goshen360: You have raised so many issues and points. I will contribute later.

The op is here to propagate tithe, he only started with a pretence to appear to say the NT does not suggest tithe so that people can drop their guards.

@op.

What is wrong with giving money 'without tagging' it with a specific name ?
Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 22, 2013
Wonderful perspective. The key for me is to look at the original purpose of the tithe and how it applies to our times.

Tithe was devised to support the levites, who had no asset aside from the temple/service to God. Their upkeep therefore has to be based on a sure and steady revenue, hence the tithe. A just God wants those with assets to contribute steadily and properly to those without assets for his name sake

Many people are in this catgory as I write. they do nothing for themselves outside of their service to God. how will a just church care for them? Anybody that does not run a business, have inheritances, own revenue generating real estate because of service to God is worthy of a tithe.

The early church gave all they had into a collective purse, and everybody was fine. If we dont give all, a tenth for genuine servants is not too bad. My opinion. I pay tithe, but not because its the law
Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by PastorOluT(m): 8:33am On Aug 22, 2013
To me its an issue of one considering the issue of one day sacred n another seeing all the days as equal. According to Paul, none should look down on any for God accept both, but all things should be done to the glory of God. References Romans 14
Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by truthman2012(m): 8:50am On Aug 22, 2013
@ OP

Has tithe been abolished? When, where, how?
Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by Goshen360(m): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2013
truthman2012: @ OP

Has tithe been abolished? When, where, how?

YES! Tithe has been abolished. Hebrews 7. Read it slowly, with understanding and ask line-by-line questions.
Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by bizmahn: 4:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pastor Olu T: To me its an issue of one considering the issue of one day sacred n another seeing all the days as equal. According to Paul, none should look down on any for God accept both, but all things should be done to the glory of God. References Romans 14
You've said it all.There's no better way to summarise the op.You spoke my mind.Thanks.
Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pastor Olu T: To me its an issue of one considering the issue of one day sacred n another seeing all the days as equal. According to Paul, none should look down on any for God accept both, but all things should be done to the glory of God. References Romans 14
Sir,there is a very old interesting thread i want you to go through,Just take you time and you will see some good points raised by the OP.God bless you richly as you study it.

https://www.nairaland.com/72266/essence-paying-tithe
Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by Judas2013: 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
I will be glad if all tithe can be donated to me.
Re: >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << by Judas2013: 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2013

Are you saying God cares about money?

(1) (Reply)

(photos)a Man Arrested By The Holy Spirit In Synagoge Church Of God. / Who Is A Man Of God? / Why Does Christ's Righteousness Need To Be Imputed To Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.