Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,367 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

China Mountain Villa On Tower Block 'must Go' - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / China Mountain Villa On Tower Block 'must Go' (801 Views)

Tanker Driver Dies At Sanya Bus-stop In Lagos, Motorists Block Highway (Photos) / Ahmed Mazloum Represents Nigeria On Kilimanjaro Mountain / Protesting Passengers Block Arik Air Flight At Abuja Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

China Mountain Villa On Tower Block 'must Go' by Jopipeline: 10:40am On Aug 22, 2013
[url][/url]http://news.sky.com/story/1127962/china-mountain-villa-on-tower-block-must-go

About six years ago Zhang Biqing, said to be an ex-army medic, started his grand project to cover the rooftop of the 26-storey Beijing building with fake rocks, real greenery and even a swimming pool.

But residents have expressed their anger at the penthouse, which has no permission or licence to be there.

Mr Zhang, who became famous after inventing a system of Chinese acupuncture treatment, managed to carry out the building work despite years of constant complaints.

The project has allegedly caused water leaks and structural damage to the flats downstairs.
One family who lives at the opposite building told Sky News that the work was hugely intrusive.

They said it was loud and very bright and it meant they could not open their curtains at night.

"It was not only the construction work that carried on at night but also the camera at the top that seemed to be working and recording all the time - we don't have any privacy," the woman, who did not want to be named, told Sky News.

"I heard the swimming pool has caused floods to downstairs flats a few times; those poor families."

Local shopkeepers and security guards suggested bribes had possibly exchanged hands, claiming there were close connections between Mr Zhang and the compound's management, who turned a blind eye to the project.

Chinese officials have given Mr Zhang 15 days to vacate the residence in the city's west district of Haidian - but they face a major issue.

"The only thing now for us is that we can't find the owner," said the Beijing City Enforcement Bureau's Chen Yu told reporters.

"We have issued a lot of summonses, but he never came to us to be investigated."

But local media managed to find Mr Zhang, who told them he had to keep the villa to accommodate "famous people coming to stay and sing".

"I live here, so I'm not worried about the complaints," Mr Zhang said.

Guys see the above link and pix below

Re: China Mountain Villa On Tower Block 'must Go' by chriseruba: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
yes it must go i watched the news and i didn't just admire the villa but also the reaction of the chinese building authorities who despite the billoniare wealth and world attraction and likeness of the structure inssisted on their building laws.Gusse wat would have happend if it where in nigeria ?

(1) (Reply)

Visa Free Countries For Nigerians / Ghana Trip Enquiries / The Lake Bigger Than Cross River.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.