Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? (2127 Views)

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) / Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2013
Genesis 3:1-16[NIV]- Now the Serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made..It said to the woman,Did God really say,You must not eat from any tree in the garden?
The woman said to the Serpent,We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say,You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it,or you will die. You will not surely die,the Serpent said to the woman.
For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened,and you will be like God,knowing good and evil.When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye,and also desirable for gaining wisdom,she took some and ate it.She also gave some to her husband,who was with her,and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked;so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day,and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden.But the LORD God called to the man, Where are you?
He answered,I heard you in the garden and I was afraid because I was naked;so I hid. And he said,Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from? The man said,The woman you put here with me--she gave me some fruit from the tree,and I ate it.
Then the LORD God said to the woman, What is this you have done? The woman said,The serpent deceived me and I ate.So the LORD God said to the serpent,Because you have done this, Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals!You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.
And I will put enmity between you and the woman,and between your offspring and hers;he will crush your head and you will strike his heel.
To the woman he said,I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;with pain you will give birth to children.Your desire will be for your husband,and he will rule over you.

Serpent according to the sixth edition of Oxford Advance Learner's Dictionary is a snake,especially a large one.
From the above,it is crystal clear that an animal is being cursed-the serpent,beast of the field and not satan.These are my questions.
Question one
What language did the serpent speak to Eve?
Question two
It seems the serpent was to start moving on its belly as we truly have it today after the curse,telling us that it was not its belly before.So what was it using to move before the curse?
Question three
I have been to the Zoological Garden and I never found any species of serpent/snake feeding on dust.If anyone has a snake that feeds on dust as claimed by the bible should please tell us the species of that snake.
No insults please.

2 Likes

Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2013
OP IS A MUSLIM AND SHOULD BE IGNORED!!!

1 Like

Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:52am On Aug 22, 2013
Hohoho

You think satan is a creature with black skin, horn, tail, wing and iron rod? Lol

You are a satan.....meaning adversary.

How come people dont even understand their religion anymore? Brainwashing
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:53am On Aug 22, 2013
musKeeto: OP IS A MUSLIM AND SHOULD BE IGNORED!!!

Hey muskeeto, How are you doing bro?
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Hey muskeeto, How are you doing bro?

I dey bro. How ur end?

Funny how Muslims want to enjoy the benefits of 'free speech' as long as it's not their religion under the microscope?

U never shoot Mazaje leg?

1 Like

Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
musKeeto:
I dey bro. How ur end?

Funny how Muslims want to enjoy the benefits of 'free speech' as long as it's not their religion under the microscope?

U never shoot Mazaje leg?
Lol,I just asked some simple questions which need answers.If you can't answer,kindly unfollow the thread,you are an atheist afterall.
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

We dey rough matter. And really enjoying it.

Mohamedeens are beast of no nation.....trying to eat up what doesn't belong to them

lol Mazaje is currently busy like he said......but go shoot am soon
Who are the Mohamedeens?

2 Likes

Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
lanrexlan: Who are the Mohamedeens?

Thread closed
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Thread closed
By who? Park for one side joor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OKndnaiFzo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0OKndnaiFzo
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
Some of you Muslims self...

You don't and won't tolerate any criticism of any kind on your faith, hence the reason you have your own private club after all, but you don't and won't hesitate to throw mud at other religions.

Your hypocrisy/double standards stank to high heavens, @OP

This stupîd thread should be closed asap.( Yet another reason why a Muslim mod shouldn't officiate this section)

1 Like

Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
FrostyZonn: Some of you Muslims self...

You don't and won't tolerate any criticism of any kind on your faith,hence the reason you have your own private club after all, but you don't and won't hesitate to throw mud at other religions.

Your hypocrisy/double standards stank to high heavens, @OP

This stupîd thread should be closed asap.( Yet another reason why a Muslim mod shouldn't officiate this section)

Sorry ehn,did I hurt your feelings? I mean no harm,just simple questions....
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
lanrexlan: Sorry ehn,did I hurt your feelings? I mean no harm,just simple questions....

Carry your simple question go drop for your Saudi Arabia section. I'm sure your fellow Muslims and your Presiding Imam wouldn't hesitate to indulge you.

1 Like

Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Carry your simple question go drop for your Saudi Arabia section. I'm sure your fellow Muslims and your Presiding Imam wouldn't hesitate to indulge you.
The topic has to do with christians,that's why I post it here you hear.
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by truthman2012(m): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2013
lanrexlan: Genesis 3:1-16[NIV]- Now the Serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made..It said to the woman,Did God really say,You must not eat from any tree in the garden?
The woman said to the Serpent,We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say,You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it,or you will die. You will not surely die,the Serpent said to the woman.
For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened,and you will be like God,knowing good and evil.When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye,and also desirable for gaining wisdom,she took some and ate it.She also gave some to her husband,who was with her,and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked;so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day,and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden.But the LORD God called to the man, Where are you?
He answered,I heard you in the garden and I was afraid because I was naked;so I hid. And he said,Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from? The man said,The woman you put here with me--she gave me some fruit from the tree,and I ate it.
Then the LORD God said to the woman, What is this you have done? The woman said,The serpent deceived me and I ate.So the LORD God said to the serpent,Because you have done this, Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals!You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.
And I will put enmity between you and the woman,and between your offspring and hers;he will crush your head and you will strike his heel.
To the woman he said,I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;with pain you will give birth to children.Your desire will be for your husband,and he will rule over you.

Serpent according to the sixth edition of Oxford Advance Learner's Dictionary is a snake,especially a large one.
From the above,it is crystal clear that an animal is being cursed-the serpent,beast of the field and not satan.These are my questions.
Question one
Question two
It seems the serpent was to start moving on its belly as we truly have it today after the curse,telling us that it was not its belly before.So what was it using to move before the curse?
Question three
I have been to the Zoological Garden and I never found any species of serpent/snake feeding on dust.If anyone has a snake that feeds on dust as claimed by the bible should please tell us the species of that snake.
No insults please.

Firstly, I want to use this opportunity to inform your brother, tintingz on his post on "The Bible Proves Muhammad As A False Prophet" which was closed by the mod. It was about Jesus being tempted by Satan. In case he is following this thread of yours, please let him open a thread so that we can discuss it. Thanks.

On your questions, I have the following answers.

Question one

Eve was a human who must be speaking a language. The same language the Serpent must have used to communicate with her. I will answer your question here with another one: what language was Eve speaking? I'm sure Eve is mentioned in your quran too.

Question two

This is an obvious case. The fact that the Bible says it was cursed to move on its belly shows it was moving on its legs before.

Question three
No insults please.

There is no way you can be so sure that snake does not feed on dust for the few hours you spent in the Zoo. You know Zoo is under management by people. They feed the animals therein. If it was not hungry it would not eat anything. Or what was it eating when you were there?

Satan As Snake

Revelation 20:2
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan , and bound him a thousand years,

The old serpent is referring to the one that deceived Adam and Eve. So it was Satan that was cursed.

Spirits do assume human and animal forms at will. They have that power. Even in Africa, witches assume or put on animal forms, bird, goat, cat etc. At that time in question, Satan decided to assume the form of a serpent.

I cannot find anything difficult in the questions you have raised.

1 Like

Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 10:13am On Aug 26, 2013
truthman2012:

Firstly,I want to use this opportunity to inform your brother,tintingz on his post on "The Bible Proves Muhammad As A False Prophet" which was closed by the mod. It was about Jesus being tempted by Satan. In case he is following this thread of yours, please let him open a thread so that we can discuss it.Thanks.
Closed or deleted? He will opened another if he's still keen on it.

On your questions, I have the following answers.

Eve was a human who must be speaking a language.The same language the Serpent must have used to communicate with her.I will answer your question here with another one: what language was Eve speaking? I'm sure Eve is mentioned in your quran too.
Don't answer my question with another question.

This is an obvious case. The fact that the Bible says it was cursed to move on its belly shows it was moving on its legs before.
How can you be so sure that serpent was moving on its legs? Do you have backings for it? It may have used wings you can't tell.

There is no way you can be so sure that snake does not feed on dust for the few hours you spent in the Zoo. You know Zoo is under management by people. They feed the animals therein. If it was not hungry it would not eat anything. Or what was it eating when you were there?
Does a snake feed on dust? I was curious that I even made research.No snake ever feeds on dust as claimed by the bible.
The sand Boas which even lives in sand on the desert do not eat sand,instead they catch their prey which consist of lizard and rodent in the typical boid way[Dr. H.C ''Benard Grzimek,Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia Volume 6 1975 Van Nostrand Reinhold Company Page 374].You may made your own research and find out the serpent that do feed on dust as claimed by the bible.

Satan As Snake

Revelation 20:2
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan,and bound him a thousand years,

The old serpent is referring to the one that deceived Adam and Eve.So it was Satan that was cursed.

Spirits do assume human and animal forms at will. They have that power.Even in Africa, witches assume or put on animal forms, bird, goat, cat etc. At that time in question, Satan decided to assume the form of a serpent.
Ok,so satan took the form of a serpent right? Then,does satan even eats dust? All those that claimed they were working for satan before always claim their master satan drinks blood and not dust.

I cannot find anything difficult in the questions you have raised.
You attempted it,you haven't really answer it.....Peace

1 Like

Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by okcharles7(m): 10:26am On Aug 26, 2013
Hahahah!!! GOD of CHOSEN..... We
are never afraid 2 call God dat name,
anybody against Chosen is a devil,(1)
linda said only 5ppl would make it 2
heaven from serie leone, and this is
so false cox d bible says no one
knws, (2) The bible says,
"For such are false apostles, deceitful
workers, transforming themselves
into
the apostles of Christ. [14] And no
marvel; for Satan himself is
transformed into an angel of light.
[15]
Therefore it is no great thing if his
ministers also be transformed as the
ministers of righteousness; whose
end
shall be according to their works." (2
Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV). (3) Pastor
Lazarus is the
first Pastor on earth that introduced
Human Mobile Apron Publicity" and
the
apron that the Chosen people are
wearing is to advertise programme
going on in the church and also a
points of contact for miracles, but the
devil is angry with this apron. The
Bible says, "And God wrought special
miracles by the hands of Paul: [12]
So
that from his body were brought unto
the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and
the diseases departed from them,
and
the evil spirits went out of
them." (Acts
19:11-12 KJV), and linda said apron
is no where in d bible, how on earth
wuld sm1 who doesn't knw d Bible
say a thing abt Jesus Christ its a
shame 2 whoever dat blvs ha, (4) But
when the Pharisees heard it , they
said, This fellow doth not cast out
devils, but by Beelzebub the prince
of
the devils." (Matthew 12:24 KJV). Oh
ppl of God y not use your Bible? Is it
not 4u? (5) But the truth is that,
Jesus
Christ is the Chosen of God, which
means Christ is the God of Chosen.
(Luke 12:35, john 13:18, John 15:16,
19, 1peter 2:4,9-10,). Read all these
chapters and verses 2 see hw God
called Himself God of Chosen, (6)
Linda only lied to advertise her
mendacity in dead churches that
cannot ask God in prayer whether
her
revelation is true or false. The
Scripture
says, "A false witness will utter
lies." (Proverbs 14:5). (7) The Devil is
a liar from the beginning
and this Linda wants to here herself
bray in the public. The Bible says, "A
deceitful witness speak
lies." (Proverbs
14:25). Only a fool will believe all the
lies that Linda testified in dead
churches. ( Any man that does
believe in
Gods miracle is an antichrist that will
die in obstacle and shackle of the
Devil.
Linda talked through her hat in dead
churches against Pastor Muoka, they
have achieved their spurious CD tape
to criticize a man that God is using to
transform people into righteousness.
However, feather in ones cap brings
repentance. (9) The scripture says,
"A
wicked doer giveth heed to false lips;
and a liar giveth ear to a naughty
tongue." (Proverbs 17:4 KJV).
However,
Nigeria today, many unbelievers are
always speaking against righteous
pastors and they should learn from
the
Bible that says, "Suffer not thy
mouth
to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say
thou before the angel, that it was an
error: wherefore should God be angry
at thy voice, and destroy the work of
thine hands?" (Ecclesiastes 5:6 KJV).
(10) finally, The Bible says,
".........but the mouth of the wicked
poureth out evil things." (Proverbs
15:28 KJV). Now Linda allowed the
devil to use her like a cat's paw and a
trouble maker cannot enjoy her life.
Anybody that is speaking evil against
a
true man of God is jumping from
frying
pan into the fire. Some people
resorted
to speak against the Lords Chosen
and
many carnal people tell tales about
what they don't see, have not seen
or
know about The Lords Chosen.
People
should ask God in prayer to show
them
who is Pastor Lazarus Muoka in His
kingdom or they should go and ask
Pastor W.F. Kumuyi of Deeper Life,
and
Dr D.K. Olukoya of Mountain of Fire
to
tell them whether Pastor Lazarus
Muoka is from God or not. So I'll give
more insight from the Bible 2 back
up when u ask 4 it God bless you all.
And Remember The God of Chosen is
a gr8 God!!!
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by Ajibam: 10:35am On Aug 26, 2013
No muslim mod is moderating here...I closed down the thread..don't post against others religion,,embrace peace
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 10:39am On Aug 26, 2013
Ajibam: No muslim mod is moderating here...I closed down the thread..don't post against others religion,,embrace peace
Oops,what about the op of the thread? What did he do? Wasn't he posting against Islam? The fact that no muslim mod here means muslims aren't welcome right,Ookay o new mod.
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 10:41am On Aug 26, 2013
Okcharles7,what has all those epistles got to do with my questions? If you can't answer,go and sleep please.
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by truthman2012(m): 11:05am On Aug 26, 2013
lanrexlan: Closed or deleted? He will opened another if he's still keen on it.

Don't answer my question with another question.

How can you be so sure that serpent was moving on its legs? Do you have backings for it? It may have used wings you can't tell.

Does a snake feed on dust? I was curious that I even made research.No snake ever feeds on dust as claimed by the bible.
The sand Boas which even lives in sand on the desert do not eat sand,instead they catch their prey which consist of lizard and rodent in the typical boid way[Dr. H.C ''Benard Grzimek,Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia Volume 6 1975 Van Nostrand Reinhold Company Page 374].You may made your own research and find out the serpent that do feed on dust as claimed by the bible.

Ok,so satan took the form of a serpent right? Then,does satan even eats dust? All those that claimed they were working for satan before always claim their master satan drinks blood and not dust.

You attempted it,you haven't really answer it.....Peace

"Speaking of the "tasting" ability of snakes, Dr. William R. Teska, a biology professor at Furman University who specializes in snakes informed me that snakes "taste" both dirt and air to navigate. However, other senses, like sight, sound, smell (in some species), and heat sensing (in vipers), probably play even more important roles in their navigation. Moreover, some snakes live in lakes or even oceans, and could hardly be described as "dust eaters." Others live high in the branches of tree-canopied rain forests, and seldom if ever rub their bellies on the ground and "eat dust." Besides, virtually all animals "eat" or swallow "dust" or dirt, either voluntarily or accidentally".
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
truthman2012:

"Speaking of the "tasting" ability of snakes, Dr. William R. Teska, a biology professor at Furman University who specializes in snakes informed me that snakes "taste" both dirt and air to navigate. However, other senses, like sight, sound, smell (in some species), and heat sensing (in vipers), probably play even more important roles in their navigation. Moreover, some snakes live in lakes or even oceans, and could hardly be described as "dust eaters." Others live high in the branches of tree-canopied rain forests, and seldom if ever rub their bellies on the ground and "eat dust." Besides, virtually all animals "eat" or swallow "dust" or dirt, either voluntarily or accidentally".
Firstly,your explanations has no backings.
Secondly,taste dust is different from eating dust.Humans also sniff dust,does that means humans eat dust? Humans require oxygen for breathing,does that means humans eat oxygen? Take a look at the verse again.
Genesis 3:14 -So the LORD God said to the serpent,Because you have done this,Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat DUST all the days of your life.
Is snake eating dust all the days of it life?.....Peace
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by pointblank321: 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
lanrexlan: Firstly,your explanations has no backings.
Secondly,taste dust is different from eating dust.Humans also sniff dust,does that means humans eat dust? Humans require oxygen for breathing,does that means humans eat oxygen? Take a look at the verse again.
Genesis 3:14 -So the LORD God said to the serpent,Because you have done this,Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat DUST all the days of your life.
Is snake eating dust all the days of it life?.....Peace

In Micah 7:17 we read, ‘(The nations) shall lick the dust like a serpent’.

The Book of Micah which was written hundreds of years after Genesis says the same.

There is an organ in the roof of a snake’s mouth called ‘Jacobson’s organ’. This helps the snake to smell in addition to its nose. Its darting, forked tongue samples bits of dust by picking them up on the points of the fork, which it then presents to its matching pair of sensory organs inside its mouth. Once it has ‘smelt’ them in this way, the tongue must be cleaned so the process can be repeated immediately.

I beleive this should satisfy your quest, but if not, you are free to stomach your belief.
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by vedaxcool(m): 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ajibam: No muslim mod is moderating here...I closed down the thread..don't post against others religion,,embrace peace

Is that suppose to be your work schedule?
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by tintingz(m): 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
Interesting thread cheesy
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
pointblank 321:

In Micah 7:17 we read, ‘(The nations) shall lick the dust like a serpent’.

The Book of Micah which was written hundreds of years after Genesis says the same.

There is an organ in the roof of a snake’s mouth called ‘Jacobson’s organ’. This helps the snake to smell in addition to its nose. Its darting, forked tongue samples bits of dust by picking them up on the points of the fork, which it then presents to its matching pair of sensory organs inside its mouth. Once it has ‘smelt’ them in this way, the tongue must be cleaned so the process can be repeated immediately.
Does Jacobson's Organ helps snakes to feed on dust? We read
Jacobson’s organ,also called vomeronasal organ,an organ of chemoreception that is part of the olfactory system of amphibians,reptiles,and mammals,although it does not occur in all tetrapod groups.It is a patch of sensory cells within the main nasal chamber that detects heavy moisture-borne odour particles.Airborne odours,in contrast, are detected by the olfactory sensory cells located in the main nasal chambers.Some groups of mammals also initiate a behaviour known as the flehmen response, in which the animal facilitates the exposure of the vomeronasal organ to a scent or pheromone by opening the mouth and curling the upper lip during inhalation.

The organ helps snakes hunt and track their prey.Much evidence suggests that this organ may also be involved in the detection of chemical signals related to aggression and territoriality.

www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/299124/Jacobsons-organ
So it helps the snake to hunt and track prey and not feeding on dust.

I beleive this should satisfy your quest, but if not, you are free to stomach your belief.

You are just trying,you haven't answer the question and the other two....Peace
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by pointblank321: 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
lanrexlan: Does Jacobson's Organ helps snakes to feed on dust? We read
Jacobson’s organ,also called vomeronasal organ,an organ of chemoreception that is part of the olfactory system of amphibians,reptiles,and mammals,although it does not occur in all tetrapod groups.It is a patch of sensory cells within the main nasal chamber that detects heavy moisture-borne odour particles.Airborne odours,in contrast, are detected by the olfactory sensory cells located in the main nasal chambers.Some groups of mammals also initiate a behaviour known as the flehmen response, in which the animal facilitates the exposure of the vomeronasal organ to a scent or pheromone by opening the mouth and curling the upper lip during inhalation.

The organ helps snakes hunt and track their prey.Much evidence suggests that this organ may also be involved in the detection of chemical signals related to aggression and territoriality.

www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/299124/Jacobsons-organ
So it helps the snake to hunt and track prey and not feeding on dust.

You are just trying,you haven't answer the question and the other two....Peace

Can you try this out as well:

https://www.nairaland.com/1412339/angel-afraid
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
@lanraxslam,

To answer your question, it was actually muhammed that was cursed by shaytan when he 'revealed' the verses in suratul najm (also known as the satanic verses) asking him to tell the meccans to worship the goddesses al-lat, al mannat and al uzzat along with worshipping allah.

And after some time when muhammed discovered that his wayo of using meccan gods to entice meccans to islam would not work, muhammed angrily decided to claim that shaytan had misled him to say those three meccan goddesses should be worshipped and that there is only one god and muhammed is his messenger, la ilaha illalah tongue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_Verses

grin
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
NL member: @lanraxslam,

To answer your question,it was actually muhammed that was cursed by shaytan when he 'revealed' the verses in suratul najm (also known as the satanic verses) asking him to tell the meccans to worship the goddesses al-lat,al mannat and al uzzat along with worshipping allah.

And after some time when muhammed discovered that his wayo of using meccan gods to entice meccans to islam would not work,muhammed angrily decided to claim that shaytan had misled him to say those three meccan goddesses should be worshipped and that there is only one god and muhammed is his messenger, la ilaha illalah tongue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_Verses

grin
Lies again.Allah was refuting the idol worshippers.The 'Alleged satanic verses'.Allah says in
Surah An-Najm 53:19-23 -Have you then considered Al-Lat,and Al-'Uzza (two idols of the pagan Arabs).
And Manat (another idol of the pagan Arabs),the other third?
Is it for you the males and for Him the females?
That indeed is a division most unfair!
They are but names which you have named, you and your fathers,for which Allah has sent down no authority.They follow but a guess and that which they themselves desire,whereas there has surely come to them the Guidance from their Lord!

The explanations of those verses.
Allah asked the idolators,do you choose female offspring for Allah and give preference to yourselves with the males If you made this division between yourselves and the created,it would be a division most unfair! Meaning,it would be an unfair and unjust division.How is it then that you make this division between you and Allah, even though this would be foolish and unjust,if you made it between yourselves and others? Allah the Exalted refutes such innovated lies,falsehood and atheism they invented through worshipping the idols and calling them gods,They are but names which you have named -- you and your fathers,(of your own desire).
Guidance has already comes to them(arab pagans) from Allah through prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and yet they still worship the idols.That's the simple explanations.....Peace
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by lanrexlan(m): 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
pointblank 321:

Can you try this out as well:

https://www.nairaland.com/1412339/angel-afraid
I will reply to your thread ASAP in sha Allah.You run away from this,no problem.
Re: Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
lanrexlan: Lies again.Allah was refuting the idol worshippers.The 'Alleged satanic verses'.Allah says in
Surah An-Najm 53:19-23 -Have you then considered Al-Lat,and Al-'Uzza (two idols of the pagan Arabs).
And Manat (another idol of the pagan Arabs),the other third?
Is it for you the males and for Him the females?
That indeed is a division most unfair!
They are but names which you have named, you and your fathers,for which Allah has sent down no authority.They follow but a guess and that which they themselves desire,whereas there has surely come to them the Guidance from their Lord!

The explanations of those verses.
Allah asked the idolators,do you choose female offspring for Allah and give preference to yourselves with the males If you made this division between yourselves and the created,it would be a division most unfair! Meaning,it would be an unfair and unjust division.How is it then that you make this division between you and Allah, even though this would be foolish and unjust,if you made it between yourselves and others? Allah the Exalted refutes such innovated lies,falsehood and atheism they invented through worshipping the idols and calling them gods,They are but names which you have named -- you and your fathers,(of your own desire).
Guidance has already comes to them(arab pagans) from Allah through prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and yet they still worship the idols.That's the simple explanations.....Peace

That refutation came about AFTER muhammed told the meccans toworship three godesses,the initial verse was a clear instruction topractice polytheism;

There are numerous accounts reporting the incident, which differ in the construction and detail of the narrative, but they may be broadly collated to produce a basic account. The different versions of the story are all traceable to one single narrator Muhammad ibn Ka'b, who was two generations removed from biographer Ibn Ishaq. In its essential form, the story reports that Muhammad longed to convert his kinsmen and neighbors of Mecca to Islam. As he was reciting Sūra an-Najm,[3] considered a revelation by the angel Gabriel, Satan tempted him to utter the following lines after verses 19 and 20:
Have ye thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzzá
and Manāt, the third, the other?
These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for.
Allāt, al-'Uzzā and Manāt were three goddesses worshipped by the Meccans.

Source; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_Verses

If Muhammed could be tempted by shaytan to recite wrong verses that time then he definitely messed up some other part of the quran.

(1) (2) (Reply)

if jesus died facing firing squad, what would v been the symbol of christianity? / Photos From Deeper Life Crusade At Abuja Stadium. VP Osibanjo Present / The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.