Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Where Did The Idea Of Purchasing 'unique' Clothes For Ceremonies, Come From?? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Where Did The Idea Of Purchasing 'unique' Clothes For Ceremonies, Come From?? (681 Views)

Call To Bar Ceremonies. Congratulations To Our New Set Of Lawyers! / Why Do People Celebrate Birthday And Wedding Ceremonies With Cake? / Why Is Cake Deemed Necessary In Nigerian Ceremonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Did The Idea Of Purchasing 'unique' Clothes For Ceremonies, Come From?? by DNA1(f): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2013
This idea of buying aso-ebi from everyone that is celebrating wedding, or even funeral is beginning to annoy me. I know many ladies that have hundreds of clothes at their tailors' which they have not even sewn, yet when someone else comes to sell aso-ebi, they will still be the first to buy.
Of course, whenever I confront them, they have thousands of excuses to give. e.g: "I just have to support her, na...so that when I am doing my wedding, people will support me too." Imagine that! Why not support her with the money, instead of filling up your house with clothes you are likely to wear only once!!!!!!!!
Re: Where Did The Idea Of Purchasing 'unique' Clothes For Ceremonies, Come From?? by teamplayey: 10:51am On Oct 23, 2014
True talk, DNA but there's this associated excitement which comes with wearing the aso-ebi.
It also makes for the feeling of 'belongment' -whatever that means. Lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Belle Of African Nations (BOAN) 2015 Team Due In Banjul, The Gambia Today / There Is A Cinema In Festac That Offers Promos & Discount Packages? / Live Music, Comedy & Dance At The Freedom Hall Abuja “jam-ba-laya”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.