Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,459 members, 7,781,320 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:26 PM

SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police (103844 Views)

Naija Peeps and our Fashion Blunders. A.k.a Fashion Police / Naija Fashion Police / Fashion Police In The Sun News Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 12:21am On Jan 02, 2014
uzoo:

ok i just saw it ,i've sent you a reply
Alrite i have seen it. Thanks
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by uzoo: 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hello lovely people ,we're going to kick off this 2014 fashion police thread with a few new rules to help us judge our style culprits better.

So please we would really appreciate it if you abide by the rules below and do not derail the thread . Remember its just a forum, airing your thoughts on how you see an outfit that has been posted here is all we ask.

[b]RULES
1. DO NOT POST ADVERTS HERE ,DO NOT DERAIL THE THREAD . (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)

2. COMMENTS SHOULD BE RELATED TO THE OVERALL OUTFIT ( HAIR ,SHOES, DRESS,MAKEUP E.T.C ). ALSO .YOU CAN COMMENT REGARDING THE OCCASION OR EVENT THE OUTFIT WAS WORN TO.

3. VERDICTS WILL BE RENDERED AFTER RECEIVING AT LEAST 4 COMMENTS FROM NAIRALANDERS ON THE CURRENT PICTURE,AND ONCE THE FINAL VERDICT HAS BEEN GIVEN BY EITHER I (uzoo) OR THE ORIGINAL POSTER (joywendy) ,WE MOVE ON TO THE NEXT PICTURE. PLEASE DO NOT POST A NEW PICTURE IF THE FINAL VERDICT IS NOT GIVEN ON THE CURRENT PICTURE.

4. FINAL VERDICT IS GIVEN BASED ON HOW MUCH POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS HAS BEEN READ

e.g IF 3 OUT OF 4 COMMENTS ARE GOOD THEN THE FINAL VERDICT WILL BE A POSITIVE ONE ,IF 3 OUT OF 4 COMMENTS ARE BAD THEN VICE VERSA ,IN OTHER WORDS THE WEARER IN THE PICTURE IS GUILTY OF A FASHION OR STYLE OFFENCE.

5. YOU ARE FREE TO POST A PICTURE OF ANYONE , AT ANY EVENT THEY MAY HAVE ATTENDED (CELEBRITY OR NO CELEBRITY ) BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CONSENT OF THE NAIRALANDER FIRST BEFORE POSTING A PERSONAL PICTURE OF A NAIRALANDER AS STATED IN RULE NUMBER 9 ON NAIRALAND. YOU MAY BE BANNED FROM THIS SITE IF YOU DO SO.

6. DO NOT ENGAGE IN SQUABBLES OR ABUSIVE WORDS WITH ANOTHER COMMENTATOR ,YOU ARE FREE TO SECOND ANYONE'S COMMENTS ON AN OUT FIT POSTED HERE BY AGREEING TO THEIR COMMENTS AND ADDING YOUR FINAL THOUGHTS. LETS KEEP IT PLAIN,NICE AND SIMPLE.

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT THESE RULES CAN BE CHANGED OR MODIFIED AT ANY POINT IN TIME. THANKS.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by uzoo: 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
So here's the first SNFP picture for 2014 .

This is Tiwa Savage at the 2013 Miss Nigeria Pageant event

First of all, let me say that i like the way she often co-ordinates her outfits ,she understands her body type and she definitely dresses to flatter it.

Now regarding this outfit What do you guys think? Lets keep the comments coming.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
thanks alot. u are a darling @uzoo. as 4 Tiwa. I love her combo, very classy. Her outfit makes sense....ppl lets keep d comment rolling!

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
#following

Love tiwa's outfit! Only thing I would change is the shoes. Then maybe make the pants an inch or two inches longer.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2014
Adaeze003: #following

Love tiwa's outfit! Only thing I would change is the shoes. Then maybe make the pants an inch or two inches longer.

Looks like u took the thought outta my head,,ryt down to the following partcheesy

She looks well put together,,but If she had black metallic shoes,,she'd give her outfit a more dramatic effect.. All in all,,she looks amazingsmiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mspee(f): 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2014
Adaeze003: #following

^^my opinion exactly smiley

She looks good tho cool
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mspee(f): 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
thatgurlvixen:

Looks like u took the thought outta my head,,ryt down to the following partcheesy

She looks well put together,,but If she had black metallic shoes,,she'd give her outfit a more dramatic effect.. All in all,,she looks amazingsmiley

What do you know about fashion? angry tongue
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
ms_pee:

What do you know about fashion? angry tongue

Shhhhh..don't derail lest uzoo flogs usembarassed..

I do know ur christmas costume was an eyesoretongue

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by uzoo: 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
@ms_pee
thanks

@joywendy
You're welcome.

@thatgurlvixen
thank you for not derailing

Back to the topic...

I think i can understand the look Tiwa was going for here , but i think when you have layered the upper body with a blazer/Jacket then the pants can either be cropped like in her picture AND NOT SKINNY at the same time especially if you 've got skinny legs and ankles (''like me''...lol) what you would want to do here is create a balanced silhouette. On the other hand being a skinny pair of pants she could have just made it a bit longer like @Adaeze003 suggested. you can visit this link below to view the pictures that will explain better

http://www.makemechic.com/blog/fall-fashion-preview-green-cropped-pants/

And there's something about the cuffs(hems) of those pants that seems off , like it's slacked

But all in all i like the make up considering it was an evening event, i like the hair , and i'm totally loving her outfit . wink

More comments please... smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by uzoo: 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
smiley Still viewing the look, verdict coming soon.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by uzoo: 2:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
VERDICT

Makeup - Great
Shoes - Nice
Hair - Beautiful

Overall Outfit - gorge! gorge! gorge!

she would have been fined for those pants but i think We'll let her walk this time. smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by uzoo: 2:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
Next Picture Please.

Guys , this thread is so much fun , but really i want you all to be part of it ,so i would love to see a picture coming from you all. Remember it could be any one, a picture of your friend or relative at a wedding in a traditional/native/English wear, a picture of a celebrity you saw at a party/event shows , you could even post a picture of yourself ( i promise we'll be kind to you kiss ) .

smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by uzoo: 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
Next is a picture of one of our fashionistas. Kim K. or should i say ''Kimnye''

Here is Kim Kardashian Flashing some bshocked shocked bs while recently shopping in Beverly Hills.

Ok ,we all know California has the same weather as Nigeria , its always sunny and hot all year round. Now can some one tell me what's wrong with this picture before i bring out my hand cuffs...

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 10:21am On Jan 08, 2014
cheesy cheesy @misspea and thatgirlvixen I never knew I was a fashionista.lol

Kim k's outfit is just off to me. I know color blocking is 'in' now but the color of the shoe n skirt r dull and don't look right together. The tank top is too revealing but I guess that's cool for them and the make up? Hmm I've seen better on her plus she looks older unless the pic was taken from a bad angle.

Love the coat sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by uzoo: 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
First of all let me say that i am a fan of Kim ( even though i can not see myself watching any of her family's reality shows,sorry i like my crime series more) i love her sense of style and her curvy body type.

Back to the Topic...

@Adaeze003
You are always on point , I have seen better make up on her too , looks like this one aged her 5 years more,especially on her cheek bones.

Regarding her goods on display , two things came to my mind-

Either baby North hasn't had her lunch yet hence the milk production still in there causing the oversize cleavage (don't laugh guys ,it happens)

or

Its so hot in there with the Long coat and all that those girls are breaking out of her top for some air.

Have you guys noticed how she's been transitioning with her outfits lately by wearing long coats and dressing almost the same way as Kanye does.

Regarding the outfits,its a little too dull for me colour wise. The Kim i know always has some black thing going on , either on her eyes,hair ,accessories,bags ,shoes or even on her outfit , but here its only evident on her nails.

I like her dark hair better.

Please keep the comments coming....
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
Yea, I like her dark hair better she should either go back or go full blond coz this is not working for her.

Btw, where are the ladies? More coments please...
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
shocked mmmm.....outfit is no no! i agree with adaeze003. the colour of the skirt and the shoes don't go. My gosh! what was she thinking the tan top- lipsrsealed.i like the coat,though i dont really see the use. undecided
uzoo:
Regarding her goods on display , two things came to my mind-
Either baby North hasn't had her lunch yet hence the milk production still in there causing the oversize cleavage (don't laugh guys ,it happens)
or
Its so hot in there with the Long coat and all that those girls are breaking out of her top for some air.
Have you guys noticed how she's been transitioning with her outfits lately by wearing long coats and dressing almost the same way as Kanye does.
grin grin

more comments pls.....
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by uzoo: 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ladies More thoughts on this outifit ,

I'm trying to like something here ,but so far its just her nails i'm loving .

Yes Kim ,bring back your dark hair . smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Her use of overall pastels makes her look drab and washed out embarassed

Love me some kim in black anydaycheesy
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 11:49am On Jun 28, 2014
hello everyone, sorry i have been away for a while due to some issues. wow! There has been serious data loss here on nl, most of our pages have disappeared. Well things happen for a reason whether good or bad, it's left for us to learn and move on. So no matter what the thread is here to stay smiley so we would continue from the last picture.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nooooooooooo!!!!!

What happened to our pages? Wow! This is serious! Anyway, its great the thread is still alive at least.

We'll need a new picture Joywendy. I can't even remember the last one we were commenting on smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
mitchyy: Nooooooooooo!!!!!

What happened to our pages? Wow! This is serious! Anyway, its great the thread is still alive at least.

We'll need a new picture Joywendy. I can't even remember the last one we were commenting on smiley
yes mitchyy, it's quite unfortunate. Well the thread didnt disappear totally grin so i missed your verdicts sad Anyhow back to business, the last pic here with kim doesnt have a verdict anymore.so i would give a verdict to that and then we start with a new picture. To make it more organized.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2014
VERDICT

okay kim
Bad combo - the skirt and shoes.
Hair: blonde hair is a no go area for u, pls stick with ur black hair. smiley
Make up- the make up she has on made her look pale and older. Was she in a rush

the jacket or coat! This was the worst part of the whole outfit. angry angry what was she thinking

Kim you have been fined seriously for the above fashion crimes. Sorry, better luck next time.

Next pic please smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 30, 2014
cry reduced to just 1 page after all this time,,mehn this is sad..anyhoo,d thread is still here so we just carry onsad

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
okay people
it's time for....
WHO WORE IT BETTER? smiley
We have two beautiful ladies here. Emilia clarke and cameroun diaz. Who do you think wore it better? Let the comments begin! cheesy

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2014
thatgurlvixen: cry reduced to just 1 page after all this time,,mehn this is sad..anyhoo,d thread is still here so we just carry onsad
yeah, sad...but i think there's a way to get back some old pictures. Anyways, when i get mb on my modem would try the method given by seun. To see if it would work.if it does good,if doesn't we would just continue. Okay? So remove the sad face and shine ur teeth like mine grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
okay.....

back to the picture.

mmmm...tough one.
they both look good though
but i prefer diaz's shoes to emilika...

still in thought

more comments please smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2014
Whoa! Surprised @ what was left of the thread atleast sumfin was, unlike the other case where the whole thread just vanishes into internet space without a trace, lol. Well, it's all good, we made the other thread livelier and longer, we can still do it cheesy

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
@pic, they are both just there but I'l root for emilia, she wore it better.

Unlike diaz, she picked out the dress colour that complemented her complexion all the way. Diaz colour choice made her looked more dull n unacceptable, even her hair, would have prefered she went all black given her dress colour. So emilia clarke it is for me.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2014
@luxanne. Thanks! Welcome, yeah we can
@the pic apart from colour, diaz pose too not good enough, she looks sick not nice at all, even her face. Looks like the pic was taken at a wrong time.

Come on where's everybody? Let's keep the comments going smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 04, 2014
Have been following silently. Good job everyone kiss

Back to the picture:

I prefer Emilia's dress color and i also prefer Cameroun's shoes. Over all, I will go with Emilia. I love her smile, pose and her color too. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Who Is Star Delguidice? Lady With Bum Implants Unable To Sit Down (see Photos) / Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair / Black Girls Killing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.