Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Murano/mdx Touring - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Murano/mdx Touring (2707 Views)

Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? / Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution / Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murano/mdx Touring by Dyt(f): 11:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Please house, which is best in terms of maintance, fuel, parts etc

also, reviews on crv, rav4 and mitsubishi endeavour are welcome
*just dat these cars are not as fine as d murano and mdx* lol
2003-2005

I read reviews but am not so convinced

Pls help a sis out
Thanks
Re: Murano/mdx Touring by peterjero(m): 12:52am On Aug 23, 2013
The murano is better for 3 reasons
1. The suspension of the MDX is as weak as those found on honda cars, not good for nigerian roads.
2. The engine is efficient but complicated making our mechanic goofing with its repairs. My uncles MDX 2005 knocked engine twice.
3. The gearbox/transmission is not good at all.
I will prefer you go for the murano or better still rav4 or mercedes ml they are more rugged and suit our terrain and mechanic.
Don't buy cars because they are flashy and others Are buying them please.

2 Likes

Re: Murano/mdx Touring by elektra80: 7:18am On Aug 23, 2013
[quote author=peterjero]The murano is better for 3 reasons
1. The suspension of the MDX is as weak as those found on honda cars, not good for nigerian roads.
2. The engine is efficient but complicated making our mechanic goofing with its repairs. My uncles MDX 2005 knocked engine twice.
3. The gearbox/transmission is not good at all.
I will prefer you go for the murano or better still rav4 or mercedes ml they are more rugged and suit our terrain and mechanic.
Don't buy cars because they are flashy and others Are buying them please.[/quote

I disagree with u. Just because ur uncle's MDX knocked engine doesn't make it a bad car. The Op is comparing a 2003-2005 nissan murano to an acura MDX TOURING. I think its a no brainer.. the MDX is better. You are paying more owning the MDx touring but what u get is worth the extra quids u pay. In contrary to ur reasons...

1. The suspension of the MDX is not weak, in fact its better than that of the Murano
2. The engine is efficient yes but not complicated. You need to know the kind of mechanics u give ur car to. You can't treat an iphone the same way u treat a nokia 3310. The 2005 acura MDX produces 265 Hp vs 245 HP of 2005 MUrano
3. Now u talking about transmission. I think this is where the MDX shines with its 5 speed automatic vs CVT in the MUrano. The first generation Murano (2003-2007) are well known for transmission problems with their CVT. Do ur research and u know what I'm talking about.

I have driven the 2005 MDX and its a really good SUV.I would prefer it to a Murano .The only area the Murano might beat it is in handling because the Murano handles like a sedan. The interior of the first gen Murano is very bland compared to the MDX Touring, and the MDX has a 3rd row seat.

7 Likes

Re: Murano/mdx Touring by sultaan(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
Another one of those illogical questions.
apples and oranges you need to compare Infiniti fx to Acura MDX murano to pilot

1 Like

Re: Murano/mdx Touring by elektra80: 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
Dyt:

U are so daft
Did u take ur stewpid time to read?
Animal

@Dyt, c'mon it hasn't come to that. even though both cars are CUV and almost in the same class... They are not actually exactly in the same class. Acura is a luxury version of Honda, and comparing a murano to an MDX (touring for that matter) is a little bit going too far. Anyway it still doesn't give room for insults. My response was based on peterjero who claimed the murano is better. According to the op, he/she wanted to know which one is better in terms of maintenance and cost of parts... Well the maintenance and parts of the MDX would be higher, but u are paying for a better car with more power and pleasure to drive. If u have the money to spend, go for the MDX
Re: Murano/mdx Touring by Dyt(f): 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
elektra80:

According to the op, he/she wanted to know which one is better in terms of maintenance and cost of parts... Well the maintenance and parts of the MDX would be higher, but u are paying for a better car with more power and pleasure to drive. If u have the money to spend, go for the MDX

This is jst wat I asked
MAINTANCE
PARTS
FUEL
Re: Murano/mdx Touring by Dyt(f): 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
elektra80:

@Dyt, c'mon it hasn't come to that. even though both cars are CUV and almost in the same class... They are not actually exactly in the same class. Acura is a luxury version of Honda, and comparing a murano to an MDX (touring for that matter) is a little bit going too far. Anyway it still doesn't give room for insults. My response was based on peterjero who claimed the murano is better.

I didn't ask ask of class
I am only seekin opinion on the one that won't drain my pocket

I wonder how dat sultan passed, that's even if he passed thru it
Hisssess
Re: Murano/mdx Touring by sultaan(m): 12:18am On Aug 27, 2013
Dyt:

I didn't ask ask of class
I am only seekin opinion on the one that won't drain my pocket

I wonder how dat sultan passed, that's even if he passed thru it
Hisssess

You obviously don't know anything about cars,but with time and money well spent, you will pick up a few ideas.

I'm sure there are experts here that will give you better ideas, just keep the insults off this section.

Good luck with your new car grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Murano/mdx Touring by Fajzay: 6:42am On Oct 12, 2013
Dyt:

U are so daft
Did u take ur stewpid time to read?
Animal

Dyt, Just read your post. I guess by now, u must have made your decision/bought the ride of your choice. Like Sultan / Electra80 has already pointed out, you cannot compare the Murano with the MDX, they are in different worlds. There is what they call total cost to own. If I purchase a Murano for lets say $10 and maintain it over 4 yrs for $5 then could only dispose it for $2 cos Murano's got no real 2nd hand value. Or I purchase the MDX for $12, maintain it over the same period for $6, yet can still dispose for $7. You'll agree with me that the murano becomes pennywise pound foolish. It'll just be synonymous to someone opting to take a 3 hr walk rather than pay N500 bus fare and after landed in the hospital and got charged for N2,000.

By the way, I ride a 2004 MDX touring which ve purchased since 2008. I can tell you, I don't have any issue with the car. Only Engine oil, filter and brake pad change at regular intervals. As a matter of fact, my mechanic has fitted brake pads that has Nissan on it, cos they are the same type of break pads. My engine has never been opened for repairs. The only thing ve changed on that car in 4yrs + is engine seat (15K), power steering hose (10K), fuel filter (27K) & front 2 shocks (30K - Belgium) asides the normal 3-4months car servicing. And the ride drives smooth.

So don't get misled by the first comment. And also you didnt have to insult sultan, he's only making u understand that the 2 cars stand no basis for comparison. I hope this helps if you haven't made your choix

Meanwhile someone advice you go for a Benz, hmmm ... if you are the type considering maintenance cost, do not move any inch close to Mercedez, let alone Benz. U'll wish you never did. I changed my Benz S-Class front 2 shocks (Air suspension) earlier this year for the cost of 300K. Benz is expensive to maintain

2 Likes

Re: Murano/mdx Touring by Dyt(f): 8:10am On Oct 12, 2013
I am not comparing in terms of luxury
Did u guys fail to understand what I typed
Was talkin of maintenance, fuel consumption, durability
Na wa for all una car users o
Enwz thnx for ur time
Actually not made a choice
Hubby is askin me get a toyota cos he feels is still the best and I wldnt wanna get any and wen it becomes faulty, the young man leaves me to my trouble alone grin grin
I was in a haste to get one
But now
Am takin my time cheesy
Thanks
Re: Murano/mdx Touring by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 12, 2013
Dyt:

If I new abt cars, I wldnt come here
Let me not start with u dis mornin
Ode grin

Dyt, relax. Sultaan was only trying to help, no need for the abuse, you seem so angry today!

Have you decided what car to go for yet?
Re: Murano/mdx Touring by Ikenna351(m): 9:52am On Oct 12, 2013
@ Dyt,

Next time you insult sultaan or any other member, you will be banned. You were lucky i didn't see this thread before now.

Moderator.
Re: Murano/mdx Touring by Dyt(f): 9:53am On Oct 12, 2013
Siena:

Dyt, relax. Sultaan was only trying to help, no need for the abuse, you seem so angry today!

Have you decided what car to go for yet?

grin grin
Not angry actually

Not yet
But I have options of getting Accord/Camry
Either 04/05/06/07/08
Re: Murano/mdx Touring by Dyt(f): 9:54am On Oct 12, 2013
Ikenna351: @ Dyt,

Next time you insult sultaan, you will be banned. You were lucky i didn't see this thread before now.

Moderator.

Hisses
Re: Murano/mdx Touring by Originalsly: 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
Dyt:

Hisses
Hmmm.....black mamba in here...let me get out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murano/mdx Touring by KA24DETT(m): 1:38am On Oct 14, 2013
The girl wants to compare the 2 cars. Let's go down to her level.
Aight fair enough .
Acura mDX is more luxurious than the murano for sure.
I am pretty sure about handling but I will give that to the murano .

Coming down to suspension reliability . U guys have to understand suspension design. Acura mDX is tuned for smooth ride so it's suspension is tuned towards comfort with long suspension travel . In roads like Nigeria , This setup would not last longer compared to your regular RAv4 that has a cheaper McPherson strut setup .
Maintenance - murano is cheaper to maintain . Same VQ35 engine in every Nissan / Infiniti products . That engine is very reliable . Heck , it brought Nissan back from the dead.

Fuel - this is subjective . Bad fuel screws up both cars so no major difference .

Parts - Muranos are everywhere in Nigeria so I figure the parts should be very common too . You can always link up Nissparts when u game.

Murano is cheap and economical compared to mDX . I am a Nissan guy but truth be told ,MDX interior is better than the murano interior. Now comparing MDX to fx 35 . That's a topic for another day.
Re: Murano/mdx Touring by KA24DETT(m): 1:44am On Oct 14, 2013
I think in the future when someone wants us to compare 2 cars, we should lay out the advantages and the disadvantages rather than talking about different classes. Obviously, they narrowed their choice to 2 cars and would like our input. Sending them on a goose chase concerning different classes would not answer the question.
We would also enlighten them on the different classes of cars too

1 Like

Re: Murano/mdx Touring by Dyt(f): 6:38am On Oct 14, 2013
Wow
Thnx for ur insight
Still taking my time as hubby clearly stated dat he won't change for me in 3-5yrs
The man is bn mean grin grin
He's particular about toyota
Dunno again sef
I have eyes on VENZA sha cheesy
Guess I will wait till he surprises me

Thanks so much

(1) (Reply)

Where To Find Fuel In Lagos??? / Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License / Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.